Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-08-15, 08:45   Link #1
martino
makes no files now

Summer Days

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6321

Could anyone please explain to me what is this???
Old 2006-08-15, 09:02   Link #2
Kensuke

Summer Days game was animated so ANN lists it as anime? I think it is just for the game, not anime series.
I have no idea what is "ONA", miss-spelled "OVA"?
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 09:06   Link #3
DaFool
Resident devil

ONA = Original Net Animation

I seriously have no clue why they designated it as such.

It's a fully animated bishoujo ero-game.

A real-time visual novel that takes gigs of hard drive space. I have only played the demo for school days the prequel, its just nice visuals.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 09:19   Link #4
martino
makes no files now

http://anime.mikomi.org/series/1152.html

"Web based anime release"
huh?

http://www.animesuki.com/group.php/454.html
- A fansubbed episode
Old 2006-08-15, 16:15   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
ONA = Original Net Animation

I seriously have no clue why they designated it as such.

It's a fully animated bishoujo ero-game.
It's just because they (0verflow) posted the first part of the game as a standalone edited video on their website, which is what that fansub is all about. In that sense, that edited video is an Original Net Animation, even though it's actually just spliced together from the game.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 16:34   Link #6
martino
makes no files now

I see. I downloaded the fansubbed episode and you can see from the quality what the source was. However one thing still puzzles me. If you search on the ED2K network for "Summer Days" as video there seem to be more than one episode, but they are subbed by a Chinese fan group.
Old 2006-08-15, 21:14   Link #7
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

the chinese are obsessed with the game. As you can also see that there are chinese subs for the original schools days game, and the 'summer days' ones are also the extracted movies from the game subbed in chinese.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 22:08   Link #8
CaiSter21

yea
i wished the same went for english speaking nations

damn, times like this makes me wish that i had learned my native language (aka chinese)
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 08:42   Link #9
mone-chan

The Summer days on ANN is from a 3 episode long H-anime series based on an ero-game done by CIRCUS. The Summer days that 0verflow created was a alternate history prequal to the Ero-game School days. The fansub done of the 0verflow title was episode 1 of School days from the preview downloaded off the website. School days was totally subed by the chinese as 0verflow game people a program to rip the video out of the game but as far as I know no one has been able to do the same thing with 0verflow's summer days.
mone-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 11:38   Link #10
martino
makes no files now

So there are 3 episodes of this "anime"... It would be nice to see them fansubbed or something.
Old 2006-08-16, 13:27   Link #11
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
So there are 3 episodes of this "anime"... It would be nice to see them fansubbed or something.
It's been awhile since the School Days ones were subbed....and Summer is almost over for some of us lol...

I doubt anyone would sub the bloody parts, I'm telling you if your new to School Days you'll wish you hadn't seen those bloody scenes. Trust me, I know
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 13:47   Link #12
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mone-chan
School days was totally subed by the chinese as 0verflow game people a program to rip the video out of the game but as far as I know no one has been able to do the same thing with 0verflow's summer days.
That's probably because Summer Days is buggier than an ant nest.

0verflow may be going down because of the screw up on Summer Days. First releasing an incomplete version of the game followed with gigabyte sized patches, then forced to pull the game from the market altogether because of violations against software ethics (portrayal of sex with underage children). Rumor says 0verflow already had to lay off over half its workers because it can't pay their salaries.

Unfortunate really, Summer Days is actually quite a nice game when it's working right.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 14:30   Link #13
CaiSter21

does anyone actually have a picture of a bloody scene?
cause i have searched with google many times, and i always come up empty handed

if you have a single pic, must msg me it!
PLZ!!
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 16:33   Link #14
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
does anyone actually have a picture of a bloody scene?
cause i have searched with google many times, and i always come up empty handed

if you have a single pic, must msg me it!
PLZ!!
I would be interested in seeing one as well once you menationed that it was "too" bloody.
Old 2006-08-16, 16:51   Link #15
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
0verflow may be going down because of the screw up on Summer Days. First releasing an incomplete version of the game followed with gigabyte sized patches, then forced to pull the game from the market altogether because of violations against software ethics (portrayal of sex with underage children).
WTF are you talking about?

It was a voluntary recall of a fan disc.

Last edited by Shii; 2006-08-16 at 17:13.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 01:31   Link #16
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

fan disc? the actual game that was sold in stores was recalled. you cannot buy summer days right now.

there is an actual law i hear, but if thats one reason for the recall i cant say.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 01:53   Link #17
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
No, as far as I'm aware, 0verflow only ever made one edited "episode" (a.k.a. "chapter" on their website). The 3 episodes mone-chan referred to (of Circus's Suika, a.k.a. "Wet Summer Days") had nothing to do with School Days, unless you're talking about something else still?

And I'd also agree with ashibaka's "WTF" about the "software ethics violation" - that just defies logic considering the rest of the industry. Summer Days was voluntarily recalled and pulled from stores so they can reissue it once all the bugs are finally fixed (as they should have been before the game was launched in the first place). Though that people would be fired/let go as a result doesn't surprise me.

And on another related topic... why is this thread called "Summer Days", when the links posted were for "School Days"? This thread is all over the map...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 02:00   Link #18
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
0verflow may be going down because of the screw up on Summer Days. First releasing an incomplete version of the game followed with gigabyte sized patches, then forced to pull the game from the market altogether because of violations against software ethics (portrayal of sex with underage children). Rumor says 0verflow already had to lay off over half its workers because it can't pay their salaries.
Why would they be so stupid to make a mistake like that?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 02:02   Link #19
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
WTF are you talking about?

It was a voluntary recall of a fan disc.
You should probably give this a better read:
http://www.0verflow.com/html/topic/060707_recovery.html

The game was pulled not because of bugs, but because of the ethics law violation. Which actually brought about a lot of sarcasm from the gamers: there were outcries telling 0verflow to recall Summer Days because it was so buggy, but when they finally did, it was because of something stupid like "ethic violations", not the bugs.

自主回収 does translate to "voluntary recall", but that's only a pretty way to say "recall of the game by the maker itself". The game violated a law, which forbids its sale, so 0verflow had to pull the game. There's nothing "voluntary" there. Hell, pulling the game was probably the last thing 0verflow wanted to do, seeing as how their finances are already shot to pieces by this fiasco. Losing profits from sales of Summer Days has hit them pretty hard.

The game will be re-released again when the parts that violated the software ethics law are "fixed" (probably something as simple as sticking a sign somewhere that says "Kokoro is 18 years old" or something). As for the bugs, who knows.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 02:11   Link #20
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i dont know what game you have been playing but kokoro is at least 18 and a half.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote