AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-08, 13:24   Link #21
CaiSter21

didn't we already have a thread for this anime?
and isn't it delayed until like october?
Old 2006-09-08, 14:29   Link #22
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
didn't we already have a thread for this anime?
and isn't it delayed until like october?
It has been delayed? I didn't know that, acording to AniDB the first episode(Foetal movement ~a Sign~) was broadcasted 08.09.2006(today).

I didn't know that there were already a thread for this anime, sorry. >_<
Old 2006-09-08, 14:38   Link #23
CaiSter21

well, the dvds are coming out in november
so im not sure what is what now
Old 2006-09-09, 02:11   Link #24
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Yup, basically they were delayed because their current work at the time weren't up to spec. Hopefully Satelight can give it some nice OVA-quality animation.
Old 2006-09-16, 21:39   Link #25
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I don't get it. Is episode 1 released already? When I checked Animenewsnetwork, there were 2 vintages. So please explain this to me?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2006-09-17, 00:20   Link #26
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

It's not out in Japan yet, due to numerous delays ^^;
Old 2006-11-08, 21:21   Link #27
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Now's it's Nov. ? 2006?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2006-11-08, 22:26   Link #28
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Nov 10 will be the release date (assuming there will be no last minute delay).
Old 2006-11-08, 23:09   Link #29
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Nov 10 will be the release date (assuming there will be no last minute delay).
Well, the OVA has been delayed 4+ times, changed directors, and basically ran into any possible problem a anime series can run into .

Duke Nukem Forever? (Haha

I really hope this OVA comes out- I like the game.
Old 2006-11-09, 01:49   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
cross fingers and hope >.< the OP song is kick ass...and even tho i havent played the game is sure it can live up to the rep for me just reading about it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-09, 13:19   Link #31
furusawa777
I Love BALDR FORCE

The DVD was released today.

The DVD was released today.
It reaches my house.

Unfortunately evaluation of an original fan is not good.
However, some Sheen may be interesting.
Old 2006-11-09, 13:40   Link #32
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Oh, well that's a pity. Hopefully my copy gets here across the Pacific by the beginning of next week...
Old 2006-11-11, 04:44   Link #33
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Hate to double post, but I just watched the first DVD, and man, it's a REALLY bad rendition. The art is very inconsistent and is just poorly drawn. They have a lot of problems drawing faces and fingers correctly. I mean... this is getting to Soul Link/Musashi quality in the character animation. They even have his name written 'Souma' in one scene on his uniform and a few seconds later as 'Soma'. The mecha animation looked okay, even though it seems to be around 10fps.

The plot structure overall seems okay given the time constraints. Some interesting scenes include the Disconnect of Silvercode attack by L******** and the arrest scene. However, letting Ryang pilot a Sumicrum is really stretching it and we really didn't need all the excessive brain exploding footage.

This is a really big letdown, considering I had this on preorder since April, and they kept delaying it. I was hoping they'd be making a good rendition, but it's just leaving me speechless. I was expecting more from an OVA made by Satelight... but I guess I shouldn't have been expecting that much from Trinet.

Guess they won't be having my money for volumes 2-4
Old 2006-11-11, 11:37   Link #34
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Sloppy character animation? It's a freakin' OVA in which they had more time to polish it, and they STILL blew it? That's a sad waste.
Old 2006-11-11, 16:37   Link #35
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

uh....oh, .......

I guess....wait, was this a H OAV? If it isn't, I'm guess de-H-ifying a OAV is gonna be rather tough...considering they might as well make it original

(sorry, my brain is fried, I might have said something here I'll later regret )
Old 2006-11-11, 17:41   Link #36
Thelastguardian

No. There has never been any h Baldr anime series.

Blah, everyone I know who watched this call this the biggest letdown of the season.

Damn.
Old 2006-11-12, 12:26   Link #37
Mazryonh

Man, I was helping to edit the only English Story FAQ for gamefaqs.com (techmasterys is such a godsend to non-Japanese speaking fans) and I was quite pumped for the anime release.

Still, I guess when it comes to animation, you get what you pay for. But something doesn't quite add up here; I thought GIGA was by no means a cash-strapped company, so why couldn't it afford a better animation studio?

The same conundrum arises when one looks at Navel, the company; it seems that both the anime and game were resounding successes, so why the drop in animation quality for Soul Link (in my view the Shuffle! anime was quite nicely animated)?

There's something else that's odd here. Anyone seen the h-OVA named "Moonlight Lady"? Now that's an OVA which I think could definitely be proud of its animation quality--it's one of the few where the character designs look very close to their Carnelian-drawn originals. Sure it took over a year to get all the episodes out, but Pink Pineapple (the company that released the OVA) managed to keep quite a consistent and good quality throughout.

So is it just a matter of budget? Can any studio make their animation look great with the right amount of money?
Old 2006-11-12, 17:02   Link #38
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Still, I guess when it comes to animation, you get what you pay for. But something doesn't quite add up here; I thought GIGA was by no means a cash-strapped company, so why couldn't it afford a better animation studio?
<snip>
So is it just a matter of budget? Can any studio make their animation look great with the right amount of money?
I think you have it backwards. The animation adaptation project team thinks up an idea of what to animate and then asks the game company for a license to produce the animation. This has all to do with the planning team on the animation side and how much money they can cough up and nothing directly to do with how much money the original game maker has. Now, GIGA might have asked for too much money, strapping the animation budget, but that doesn't seem to quite make sense here, as they had enough money to start from scratch two times.
Old 2006-11-13, 10:18   Link #39
Mazryonh

So, in the end, it's usually the animation company who asks for a license to make the animation, and not the game company who asks to?

That's odd. Do you think if GIGA had asked an animation company to do it, would they have chosen a better studio to do it? Why didn't they do so in the first place?

I'm still at a loss as to why Moonlight Lady looked so good despite being made by a relatively unknown studio.
Old 2006-11-13, 12:37   Link #40
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
That's odd. Do you think if GIGA had asked an animation company to do it, would they have chosen a better studio to do it? Why didn't they do so in the first place?

I'm still at a loss as to why Moonlight Lady looked so good despite being made by a relatively unknown studio.
Probably because they aren't all that interested in an animated adaptation. And Pink Pineapple is a well-known ero-anime production house.
Closed Thread