AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-25, 17:01   Link #41
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Will L die in episode 20???!!! No!!! please tell me it's not true!!!I beg you!!!!
Old 2007-02-26, 12:46   Link #42
Storm-and-Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
Will L die in episode 20???!!! No!!! please tell me it's not true!!!I beg you!!!!
Spoiler for you can still run away you know...:
Old 2007-02-26, 15:00   Link #43
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Will he die in the episode 20??!!!!100%????
Old 2007-03-03, 01:17   Link #44
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
well if they want to cover the entire manga L better die or they re gonna run outta time (episodes) to cover the rest of the story! (2nd part was hinted in the OP?)
Old 2007-03-04, 03:54   Link #45
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Some interesting observation concerning the Yotsuba-Kira. I mentioned this in the episode thread, but I'll post it here again.

Even though this is the experienced Death Noters thread, I'll put his identity in a spoiler tag just to be safe.

Spoiler for Yotsuba-Kira observations:
Old 2007-03-04, 10:31   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

As we can tell by the preview, episode 21 shall be when Rem meets Misa again, and explains the whole Death Note story that she was apart of. I'm guessing from that, and episode titles that have been listed of the shows wiki' page, that'll we'll see L's death at around episode 24/25. That then leaves plenty of room to finish the not so interesting second arc.
Old 2007-03-04, 17:27   Link #47
Crazy_O

i really hope they change the ending

Spoiler for Do not Read if u havent watched the RL Movie or read the Manga:
Old 2007-03-04, 20:37   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So far, the anime has been a perfect adaptation of the manga, including a few added scenes. I believe they'll stick with the manga, right until the end of the series.
Old 2007-03-13, 02:08   Link #49
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
Will he die in the episode 20??!!!!100%????
They show mello and near in the new opening, they wouldnt do that if they were planning on twisting the story so L wins. L is as good as dead.

Im guessing they will shorten the ending, and likely keep it true to the manga. Either that or light will win.
Old 2007-03-20, 19:47   Link #50
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
I don't think Light will win... What I do think, and mind you I have no reason to believe this will happen, this is just a pet theory... That Light will die, and he will wake up in the Shinigami realm, finding out that when a human who has used the Death Note dies, he becomes a Shinigami. I hope that's what happens. ^^;;
Old 2007-03-20, 21:39   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

As we can see from the preview: Light's recapture of the Death Note is next week --- EVERYONE BE READY FOR THE BEST SMILE EVER. Seriously, just thinking about that smile rocks the universe into pieces. Which probably leaves L's death at episode 25. Really.. i feel like crying now, the episode is called Friendship. ;__;
Old 2007-03-20, 23:58   Link #52
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post
I don't think Light will win... What I do think, and mind you I have no reason to believe this will happen, this is just a pet theory... That Light will die, and he will wake up in the Shinigami realm, finding out that when a human who has used the Death Note dies, he becomes a Shinigami. I hope that's what happens. ^^;;
Alas, the anime has been following the manga completely so I really doubt they will change the end. Not that I didn't think it appropriate in a way. But as a fan of Light I was hoping he'd win. Though I knew it was highly unlikely...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-21, 13:59   Link #53
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Quote:
Alas, the anime has been following the manga completely so I really doubt they will change the end. Not that I didn't think it appropriate in a way. But as a fan of Light I was hoping he'd win. Though I knew it was highly unlikely...
Well, yeah, it is unlikely they'd CHANGE anything, but I can at least hope they'dd make a little addition or something right on at the end...
Old 2007-03-21, 14:15   Link #54
zalem

Spoiler:

I remember someone did make a fake death note comic using manipulated dn pics to depict the ending you want. It was pretty cool. I agree I think I would have preferred if it ended that way.
Old 2007-03-21, 16:18   Link #55
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Spoiler:

I'd love to see that fake DN ending. Anyone got any idea who made it or where I could find it?
Old 2007-03-21, 22:27   Link #56
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As we can see from the preview: Light's recapture of the Death Note is next week --- EVERYONE BE READY FOR THE BEST SMILE EVER. Seriously, just thinking about that smile rocks the universe into pieces. Which probably leaves L's death at episode 25. Really.. i feel like crying now, the episode is called Friendship. ;__;
It's really called Friendship? Wow, awesome. Edit: Wait, no it isn't, it's called Silence...

I really, really wanted them to end the confrontation at like 16:00, have 4-5 minutes of slow-paced, musicless minute exchanges, followed at the end by that smile and Light's inner statement directed at L ("L, I've won!" IIRC?). Really owned. As it stands, they're best off doing it right at the halfway point in episode 13, with the second half starting off with an explanation of what really happened the day Light turned himself in and then the blood-written name we see in the preview.

I haven't commented on the DN series in a while, however... yeah, I was surprised that they managed to pick up the pace so much, after they seemed to be drawing it out more earlier in the season.
Old 2007-03-21, 22:55   Link #57
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post

I'd love to see that fake DN ending. Anyone got any idea who made it or where I could find it?
I saw it posted here actually. But it was a while ago and I don't remember which thread it was posted in unfortunately. Maybe someone who remembers will speak up...
Old 2007-03-22, 10:36   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
It's really called Friendship? Wow, awesome. Edit: Wait, no it isn't, it's called Silence...
What the hell? The Wiki' page changed what it was ---- i was a lil' confused with the 'friendship' title. Ah well.
Old 2007-03-22, 13:45   Link #59
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Quote:
On some website, aniDB or something like that, I don't exactly remember, I checked out the episode titles and saw it listed as Silence... I'd hoped they'd changed it to "Friendship." I think it's just more heart wrenching that way.
Old 2007-03-27, 20:01   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I must say, they did an amazing job at ending episode 24. Take the preview for episode 25 away, and you still get the feeling that L is going to die. It is upsetting in many ways --- just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I do love how they've been able to capture how the manga made you feel at this point in the series.