AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-04-14, 02:46   Link #9281
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Can’t remember the name, but I think there’s a cultivator novel where the central theme is about the MC slowly finding out that he’s not the good guy.Everything he does is no different villains from normal fantasy stories.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-14, 05:02   Link #9282
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I don't really like stories where the proportion of bad people greatly exceed grey and good people

Here, people will protect the MC when he does the right thing

Even villain's family members will side with the MC if the family is clearly in the wrong

And "bad" guy too are very reasonable and not petty

Everyone in the world trying to kill MC no matter what is very ridiculous
Even those people must have prior enemies or objectives they want to achieve

So this manhua is awesome
Already binged to latest tho so orz
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-14, 05:19   Link #9283
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^I don't really like stories where the proportion of bad people greatly exceed grey and good people

Here, people will protect the MC when he does the right thing

Even villain's family members will side with the MC if the family is clearly in the wrong

And "bad" guy too are very reasonable and not petty

Everyone in the world trying to kill MC no matter what is very ridiculous
Even those people must have prior enemies or objectives they want to achieve

So this manhua is awesome
Already binged to latest tho so orz
It’s meant to be a parody on how batshit insane ‘good’ protagonists behave in normal cultivation novels.

I don’t read cultivator novels, but in the first place, it’s heavily linked to Taoism, and most most Taoists who reportedly became immortal were known to be pretty humble people who abstained from the affairs of the world.
Old 2020-04-14, 10:12   Link #9284
XFire
150% done

Quote:
^Manhua
Forty Milleniums of Cultivation

First xianxia I read that have way greater amount of good people than arrogant bastards

Also unique in the cultivation and technology is united
You weren't kidding. I'm about forty chapters in, and there's a surprising amount of reasonable people here. Especially the one Demon Blade dude, who found out the MC was stronger than he thought and immediately offered him a job instead of getting super pissy about it.
Old 2020-04-14, 10:57   Link #9285
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Right?

The worst thing about cultivation stories is nearly everyone is trying to kill the MC for the slightest grievance and won't stop until their entire clan is dead

The reasons are so lame, like pretty girl praised the MC once, or MC got an achievement on something
Then they try to put MC in his place but beaten back instead
After that, they felt embarrassed and trying to kill the MC forever
It's ridiculous

I mean even bad people like mafia and yakuza are doing business with good guys, threat and murder are only the last resort
With xia villains being so stupid it's weird that they haven't accidentally offended a powerhouse before and got eliminated in return
Old 2020-04-14, 12:11   Link #9286
XFire
150% done

Quote:
^Right?

The worst thing about cultivation stories is nearly everyone is trying to kill the MC for the slightest grievance and won't stop until their entire clan is dead

The reasons are so lame, like pretty girl praised the MC once, or MC got an achievement on something
Then they try to put MC in his place but beaten back instead
After that, they felt embarrassed and trying to kill the MC forever
It's ridiculous

I mean even bad people like mafia and yakuza are doing business with good guys, threat and murder are only the last resort
With xia villains being so stupid it's weird that they haven't accidentally offended a powerhouse before and got eliminated in return
There's still that one dumbass who keeps trying to fuck with the MC because he fixed a girls phone though
Old 2020-04-14, 13:11   Link #9287
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Very unreasonable~

In a world where [True Power Concealment], [Fortuitous Encounter], and [Divine Object] are a thing
I don't understand why they can oppress any random people without super precise investigations
(Which is always the case with MCs)
That's even more dangerous than pissing off someone that might conceal a gun in real world

Last edited by wuhugm; 2020-04-14 at 13:26.
Old 2020-04-14, 13:22   Link #9288
XFire
150% done

Quote:
^Very unreasonable~

In a world where [True Power Concealment], [Fortuitous Encounter], and [Divine Object] are a thing
I don't understand why they can oppress any random people without super precise investigations
That's even more dangerous than pissing off someone that might conceal a gun in real world
Well, you gotta be arrogant while you can be arrogant, right?
Old 2020-04-14, 13:26   Link #9289
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Don't plagiarize Liu Yao's famous words

Arrogant doesn't mean bullying, oppressing, or trying to murder someone tho

Same thing with bullying newbie adventurer
Despite all newbie always start from lowest/low rank
So being newly registered doesn't mean that dude is weak at all
Old 2020-04-14, 13:53   Link #9290
Rasty

^ Hey, it quite possibly your only chance to bully that guy before he grows so you might as well (then take a caravan away and you are safe) .

^^ I read that one (WN version, I think manhua of it wasn't even a thing at the time) and liked it in the beginning, but for some reason, I stopped somewhere later... I think it was somewhere around the big city invasion that it started to annoy me a lot?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-14, 14:21   Link #9291
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Except newly registered MCs are at least of the power of A-Rank already so they are dead either way

Big City Invasion
Some cultivators from different group wanted to merge with MC's group to kill more demons
But they are expert gunners and said MC is not needed (since he's using gun then)
But then MC is showing his skill to them and they also recognized him to be the one who beat an arrogant bastard before
So they apologized and asked the MC to join then they fight together
Very great development, what's the problem?
Old 2020-04-14, 14:28   Link #9292
Tenzen12

Quote:
^Very unreasonable~

I get impression whole this arrogance especially when it concern family honor is suppossed act as detterence. If you let some weakling flex on you and kill your relatives you would loss lot of respect much more nobodies would feel encouraged bare fangs on you and one those would eventually succeed (not to mention more relatives, even righteous ones might get killed). So it's better make sure noone dare in first place.

You also have to consider MCs are actually super rare breed (lore wise) and it's just happens around time story suddenly "one in thousand years" geniuses start spawn like mushroom after rain. Regularly common sense is family/sect = cultivation resources = strenght. [True Power Concealment], [Fortuitous Encounter], and [Divine Object] are so rare they are neglectable.
Old 2020-04-14, 14:40   Link #9293
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Those dumb relatives died because they kept trying to kill the MCs tho
Family should teach that when beaten the 1st time to just postpone everything and either not try again or try when a super plan is prepared

While not many as OP as MC
Most practitioner has [Life Saving Technique/Item] and [Self Destruct Technique]
They can at least take 1 bully to die with them
So they shouldn't push anyone too far
Old 2020-04-14, 15:03   Link #9294
Tenzen12

Well duh. But just because these families do it wrong doesn't they do wrong thing. Even if some looser arrogant son get himself killed by own stupidity, person who dare kill member of family need die to detter other of even thinking about challanging familly. It might be that looser fault, but that mess has to be cleaned nonetheless.

What do you think if some medieval peasent killed member of royal family? Do you think anyone would ask if he was in right?
Old 2020-04-14, 15:23   Link #9295
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I said the villains should stop before it comes to the point of killing each other
MCs never kill villains until the villains try to kill them
Old 2020-04-14, 15:29   Link #9296
Tenzen12

Well, they often pour oil into fire at least. MC almost never try deescalate and often actually pick fights he/she shouldn't in first place.
Old 2020-04-14, 15:32   Link #9297
Rasty

^^^ You are right and wrong at the same time. While it makes sense SOMETIMES the usual scenario is:
Idiot Lvl1 appears, sees MC, trie to kill MC because he had pink shoelaces
-Gets thrashed "You dare defend?!", round 2
-Gets thrashed "You dare..." round 3
-Gets thrashed "You..." round 4
-Gets thrashed "I am gonna screw you over in the future and rape your dead father, but not like you could solve it by killing me, right?", gets killed

Idiot Lv2 (uncle) appears...
Idiot Lv3-Lv9999999 appears (always the same, never learn)

It's also rare that it would be a peasant-royal kind of relationship where killing him would be the only choice. All characters in CN novels just know nothing about diplomacy, once the smallest offense happens it's always berserk rush (the MCs are the same).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-14, 15:37   Link #9298
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yes
And while MCs do kill young masters from small sects (or low nobles in JP counterpart)
MCs never kill Royalties/High Nobles/People from supreme sects when MCs are still weak

In that case, MCs will escape that area and only return when he obtained power or army that can rival them
Old 2020-04-14, 18:03   Link #9299
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

And mostly shit happen because those young masters is Impossibly short tempered. They mad over smallest things.
Had they just stay put for those smallest things instead of making it worst then their so called famous clans would survive.
Never seen cultivation novels without such people. They are like must cliché in CN novels.
Old 2020-04-14, 20:35   Link #9300
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

It seems that the only CN novels people here read are cultivation stuff. MCs from other genres are far more reasonable than what people are proposing.

There’s a wide range of CN novels including gaming, sports, Western isekai, sci-fi,history and warfare.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2020-04-14 at 20:51.

Tags
web novel