AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-09, 15:12   Link #321
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Oh no -- now that he mentions it, I think it's obviously a problem. (Though, the comment about cup rating is sort of ironic... ) But the original point was that I don't suspect most people playing the game were all that worried about Yuuri's appearance. At least, I know I wasn't -- it's like "oh hey, they actually showed his face". Low priority to the artist, probably because he's low priority to the viewers...

Yeah, it was the start of Junior High. The anime hasn't really explained it yet, and I guess we'll see how much they get into it.

Incidentally, as a side note, I think there are two sorts of Tayutama fans: those who sympathize with Ameri, and those who think she's a spoiled brat. Of course, that doesn't preclude there being other variations too, but I got into quite a discussion back in the day where these differing point of view became rather apparent, and I still see it in what you see posted here and on the blogs. I'm not sure how much room there is for middle ground. I think the anime did mediate it a bit in some ways, but you still see the same trend.
So what exactly did happen at the start of Junior High???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 15:24   Link #322
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
So what exactly did happen at the start of Junior High???
Well, as you can see, Ameri distanced herself from Yuuri without explaining the reason. As for why she did this... I assume the anime will tell us in an episode to come.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 17:20   Link #323
Johnny
Working the bags...

It be nice if they explained, since it's been brought up...

Just seen ep10..
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 13:14   Link #324
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 10
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 15:41   Link #325
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

Is this anime trying to kill me with laughter?!

Spoiler for ep11:

I wonder...
Why did the anime rush and spend one episode on Mifuyu, but drag Dameri's story and it is already reaching 4 episodes? Does the Director like Dameri?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 00:37   Link #326
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Why did the anime rush and spend one episode on Mifuyu, but drag Dameri's story and it is already reaching 4 episodes? Does the Director like Dameri?
I have no idea. All I know is that I would have liked more time spent of Mifuyu. That and more time spent on Nue. Hearing her speak is one of my favorite aspects of the series.
Old 2009-06-17, 09:49   Link #327
attobyte

Unfortunately, the serie wasted a lot o potential leaving Yumina and Mifuyu as figurative characters. Well, for 12 eps it probably could not be helped but still a waste.
Also after ep. 10 ...

Spoiler for Episode 10:

I don't know the game but, unless something miraculous happens it seems that we'll see a Yuuri x Amerie end.

And here I was rooting (and naively hoping) for Yuuri x Mifuyu.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 12:50   Link #328
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
Unfortunately, the serie wasted a lot o potential leaving Yumina and Mifuyu as figurative characters. Well, for 12 eps it probably could not be helped but still a waste.
Also after ep. 10 ...

Spoiler for Episode 10:

I don't know the game but, unless something miraculous happens it seems that we'll see a Yuuri x Amerie end.

And here I was rooting (and naively hoping) for Yuuri x Mifuyu.
Dunno the game you could have anyone you wanted... As far as the comic/manga....
Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-17, 19:21   Link #329
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Dunno the game you could have anyone you wanted... As far as the comic/manga....
Spoiler:
I'm not usually a fan of Mashiro type characters, but I have no problem with an ending where she wins the love x love trophy.

The blonde is my favorite, but she practically has no chance.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:30   Link #330
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

11 was good and Mashiro should disappear along with Seiryuu so that Ameri and Yuri would have a great family. I also think that Mashiro cannot not touch Yuri as seen earlier on.
About the tower mess....magic will fix this and Mashiro should do it. Anyways the Dragon Ball CRAP IS RECYCLE MATERIAL! A proof Japan is RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS!
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 16:24   Link #331
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
11 was good and Mashiro should disappear along with Seiryuu so that Ameri and Yuri would have a great family.
While I agree here I fear that Maromaro will win in the end. *sigh*
Ah well... like all the pairings I cheered for, It was fun while it lasted...

Btw... in the end ep 11 made me lol hard as I somewhat started to think:

"Ouryuu!"
"Yachimata!"
"Ouryuu~!!"
"Yachimata~!!"
"OURYUU~!!!"
"YACHIMATA~!!!"

Old 2009-06-20, 20:15   Link #332
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
While I agree here I fear that Maromaro will win in the end. *sigh*
Ah well... like all the pairings I cheered for, It was fun while it lasted...

Btw... in the end ep 11 made me lol hard as I somewhat started to think:

"Ouryuu!"
"Yachimata!"
"Ouryuu~!!"
"Yachimata~!!"
"OURYUU~!!!"
"YACHIMATA~!!!"

I liked episode 11. Yuuri went super saiyan. (if only his hair glowed blue/yellow w/e)

But I agree with the ending too.

Yuuri: ORYOUUUU!!!!!!! (ASURAAANNN!!)

Oryou: YACHIMATAAA!!! (KIRAAAA!!!!)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 22:04   Link #333
Justin Kim
*Artist

This episode was so funny it was just plain dumb. I was like oh wow good job on the DBZ reference! Yuuri goes super saiyan > and grow some balls. This was just simply ridiculous lol.
Old 2009-06-20, 22:38   Link #334
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For my part, I certainly will admit that there's a lot about the story that feels a bit wonky for me, especially since about episode 8 when they veered pretty much completely into anime-original material. I'm not necessarily the type of person who thinks the original is always better, but I have to admit that I was hoping that they'd go for a certain game ending that I really liked. I suppose they still might but we'll see...

All that being said, I do have some appreciation for what the writer was trying to do with the true story (the fighting scenes and stuff notwithstanding -- those are sort of fluff, I think). Basically, if you ask me, it seems like the Tayutama anime is the story of a girl who lacked the courage to face her feelings, and so lost the chance to be with the one she loved. The theme of the show is "living together", but Ameri couldn't accept that because she wanted Yuuri all to herself. As Mashiro rightfully pointed out, though, the fact that it was her was actually inconsequential -- it could just as easily have been any other girl. The difference was that she had the courage to state her feelings, which Ameri was too afraid to do. More or less, Ameri's lack of honesty and efforts to keep putting up a front were her undoing; she just kept digging her grave deeper and deeper. It didn't help that Yuuri himself was a bit blunt and emotionally dense, but she of all people should know that about him. The important revelation was that Ameri realizes that she's been mostly having a pity party over a battle that was already lost. What will make it sting even more is when she finds out that Yuuri used to love her, but gave up when she kept running away from him (both physically and emotionally). But "living together" with others is about what's best for them and not just what's best for you. So now, I think she's going to have to accept reality once and for all and move on in life. A harsh lesson, but a just one.

I have to say that, for what it's worth, I've never really been a huge Ameri fan, either in the game or in the anime. But the anime did make some efforts to help understand her a little bit better, so I can at least appreciate that. Even though in some sense she's getting what she had coming to her, I can't say that she's a bad person. And I can even see how people can sympathize with her, which is something I struggled with somewhat during the game. I guess we see now that this writer (who also wrote School Days and Akane-iro for this director) tends to focus his stories on "the girl that didn't win".

So, anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's finale. It hasn't been the adaptation I was hoping for (though perhaps a bit closer to what I realistically expected given the staff), but I think it had its good points. And all in all, I still like the cast (for the most part? ), and it was fun to see them animated. So for my part, I can say that I've enjoyed the show. Just not sure if I'm in a big rush to buy the Blu-Rays...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 22:49   Link #335
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well said relentlessflame...

Also Ameri had to have seen this course after countless animes have ended the same. The childhood friend that hides her feeling's will most times lose out to the new female that shows up. Oh crap did I just break the 4th wall... It's been way too long since I've slept...
Old 2009-06-20, 22:53   Link #336
Lvrhina
Akamatsu Fan

Send a message via MSN to Lvrhina
I thought the powerup of Yuuri was amusing, glad i own the game and play it or else i would hesitant by this anime
Lvrhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 01:53   Link #337
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
In regards to episode 11, I think Ameri needed to hear exactly what Mashiro said. I'm personally hoping that Ameri will confess to Yuuri in episode 12. It's not an issue of whether or not I want Ameri to win.

Rather I think in order to move forward Ameri needs to confess to Yuuri and be prepared to accept the answer. Remaining forever in limbo is just not going to work at all. As for what answer Yuuri will give only time will tell.

The easy assumption is to assume that Yuuri has essentially moved on and is now focused on Mashiro. Or it could turn out alternatively that he has still has a liking for Ameri, but has been using Mashiro as excuse to avoid the situation.

In either case, there are really only two choices. Since after Yumina has to two birds to take care of. Also Mifuyu belongs to Nue.

In any case, I hope the battle for episode 12 is short as heck. We got enough of a battle in episode 11. Also let's be frank, there's no point dragging out what will blatantly just be Yuuri flexing until the Dragon either dies or gives up.

The episode will have more important things it needs to wrap up. Such as resolving the Ameri/Yuuri/Mashiro issue. Maybe have some random scenes with Yumina and the birds. Oh and some scenes with Nue and Mifuyu.
Old 2009-06-21, 04:43   Link #338
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For my part, I certainly will admit that there's a lot about the story that feels a bit wonky for me, especially since about episode 8 when they veered pretty much completely into anime-original material. I'm not necessarily the type of person who thinks the original is always better, but I have to admit that I was hoping that they'd go for a certain game ending that I really liked. I suppose they still might but we'll see...

All that being said, I do have some appreciation for what the writer was trying to do with the true story (the fighting scenes and stuff notwithstanding -- those are sort of fluff, I think). Basically, if you ask me, it seems like the Tayutama anime is the story of a girl who lacked the courage to face her feelings, and so lost the chance to be with the one she loved. The theme of the show is "living together", but Ameri couldn't accept that because she wanted Yuuri all to herself. As Mashiro rightfully pointed out, though, the fact that it was her was actually inconsequential -- it could just as easily have been any other girl. The difference was that she had the courage to state her feelings, which Ameri was too afraid to do. More or less, Ameri's lack of honesty and efforts to keep putting up a front were her undoing; she just kept digging her grave deeper and deeper. It didn't help that Yuuri himself was a bit blunt and emotionally dense, but she of all people should know that about him. The important revelation was that Ameri realizes that she's been mostly having a pity party over a battle that was already lost. What will make it sting even more is when she finds out that Yuuri used to love her, but gave up when she kept running away from him (both physically and emotionally). But "living together" with others is about what's best for them and not just what's best for you. So now, I think she's going to have to accept reality once and for all and move on in life. A harsh lesson, but a just one.

I have to say that, for what it's worth, I've never really been a huge Ameri fan, either in the game or in the anime. But the anime did make some efforts to help understand her a little bit better, so I can at least appreciate that. Even though in some sense she's getting what she had coming to her, I can't say that she's a bad person. And I can even see how people can sympathize with her, which is something I struggled with somewhat during the game. I guess we see now that this writer (who also wrote School Days and Akane-iro for this director) tends to focus his stories on "the girl that didn't win".

So, anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's finale. It hasn't been the adaptation I was hoping for (though perhaps a bit closer to what I realistically expected given the staff), but I think it had its good points. And all in all, I still like the cast (for the most part? ), and it was fun to see them animated. So for my part, I can say that I've enjoyed the show. Just not sure if I'm in a big rush to buy the Blu-Rays...
about what you said BUT about the whole foreshadowing of Mashiro not being able to touch Yuuri due to his aura almost as if being offensive to Mashiro at some point earlier such as before episode 8. So what gives really about that? They stopped it or it still active when Mashiro tries to show love feelings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
In regards to episode 11, I think Ameri needed to hear exactly what Mashiro said. I'm personally hoping that Ameri will confess to Yuuri in episode 12. It's not an issue of whether or not I want Ameri to win.

Rather I think in order to move forward Ameri needs to confess to Yuuri and be prepared to accept the answer. Remaining forever in limbo is just not going to work at all. As for what answer Yuuri will give only time will tell.

The easy assumption is to assume that Yuuri has essentially moved on and is now focused on Mashiro. Or it could turn out alternatively that he has still has a liking for Ameri, but has been using Mashiro as excuse to avoid the situation.

In either case, there are really only two choices. Since after Yumina has to two birds to take care of. Also Mifuyu belongs to Nue.

In any case, I hope the battle for episode 12 is short as heck. We got enough of a battle in episode 11. Also let's be frank, there's no point dragging out what will blatantly just be Yuuri flexing until the Dragon either dies or gives up.

The episode will have more important things it needs to wrap up. Such as resolving the Ameri/Yuuri/Mashiro issue. Maybe have some random scenes with Yumina and the birds. Oh and some scenes with Nue and Mifuyu.
All I have to say about this is that Yuuri should have FORCED KISS on Ameri to break all this crap with Seiryuu. TOO BAD!
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 05:23   Link #339
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Agreed here. It's the only way to move forward for her.

Also I hope they explain why she startet to act distant towards Yuuri in middle school(?) as they showed in the short dream Yuuri had.

Quote:
Taking this into account there even could be no choice at all.

Seeing how Ouryuu stated that he once tried living in coexcistence with humans but was betrayed, it could be up to Ameri as his 'contract partner' to show him that something like this is still possible.
Old 2009-06-21, 16:57   Link #340
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-06-21 at 17:19. Reason: add spoiler tag as courtesy to fansub viewers
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, kemonomimi, romance, seinen, supernatural