AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-06-08, 05:39   Link #2321
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
And why the helll did Kyrie pull a 3 pointer when the lane look open inside? What a shame, he was playing so well attacking the basket
Mamba Mentality. Including the negatives.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 04:24   Link #2322
Ultragunner

Well, the Cavs won when all of their starters showed up, who knew

#CavsIn7 haha

Can u even imagine if the Warriors WITH KD blew a 3-0 lead?
I doubt that it would happen, but holy hell
Old 2017-06-10, 05:23   Link #2323
The 48th Ronin

Both teams ran away with murder.

And Draymond didn't get suspended. Lucky him.
Old 2017-06-12, 01:48   Link #2324
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Both teams ran away with murder.

And Draymond didn't get suspended. Lucky him.
3rd quarter was painful to watch. It felt like the quarter alone lasted few hours. Almost every play there was a whistle.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 22:53   Link #2325
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Well, that's that. Warriors win!! If not for JR Smith, this game would've been a blow out. Oh and, if not for Andre Igudola, Cavs could've stole this game. Yes, I can see the contradiction in those previous two statements. This game lived up to the hype.
Old 2017-06-12, 23:17   Link #2326
sayde

I had agreed with Stephen A Smith when he said that the Warriors needed to treat game 5 like a game 7. Needless to say, I'm glad that's just what they did. They had some very nice contributions from just about everyone that stepped foot on the floor tonight that definitely helped them keep the lead at times when the Cavs could've completed a comeback. Speaking of the Cavs, I still gotta give them credit for making it entertaining though. And by them, I'm mostly referring to LeBron, Kyrie, and JR. I'm especially not a LeBron fan, but damn if he didn't do everything he could tonight. For once, I'll probably have trouble agreeing with those who'll criticize him for not doing enough during game 5.

Congrats Warriors!
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 23:38   Link #2327
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Cavs with their current unit will have to play a perfect game like game 4 every game to win a series against the Warriors. At this point I just can't see what Cavs can do off-season to compete against the Warriors.
Old 2017-06-12, 23:49   Link #2328
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Cavs with their current unit will have to play a perfect game like game 4 every game to win a series against the Warriors. At this point I just can't see what Cavs can do off-season to compete against the Warriors.
They need one more go-to person who can score at will. It can't just be LeBron and Kyrie. (I'd mention Love, JR, and Tristin but they're too inconsistent for my tastes.)

Of all the potentially available players to go for, I think they should make a push for Carmelo Anthony. That would probably be the most mutually beneficial trade that could happen during the off season since Melo needs to leave New York if he's to ever win a championship. And hardly anyone is going to hold it against him for leaving at this point. Phil Jackson clearly doesn't want him and he's not getting any younger. Besides, it seems like former Knicks players tend to find more success in Cleveland with LeBron calling the shots.

Last edited by sayde; 2017-06-13 at 00:01.
Old 2017-06-13, 00:00   Link #2329
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
They need one more go-to person who can score at will. It can't just be LeBron and Kyrie. (I'd mention Love, JR, and Tristin but they're too inconsistent for my tastes.)

Of all the potentially available players to go for, I think they should make a push for Carmelo Anthony. That would probably be the most mutually beneficial trade that could happen during the off season. Besides, it seems like former Knicks players tend to find more success in Cleveland.
He would be very good addition indeed, but his defense sorely lacks which I think his additiona will make Cavs weaker. I know the Cavs don't lose game 3 if Tristian Thompson and JR. Smith should up in that game. These two are solid in defense and T Thompson is a beast in the offensive rebound. Carmelo Anthony, on the other hand, is very poor in defense despite his offensive prowess. Warriors had Klay who was ridiculous in the defensive scheme of this series. He didn't have to worry about scoring as much with Durant and Curry clicking, but without Klay's defense Warriors don't go up 3-0 in this series. Klay was especially crucial in game 1 and 2 and tonight where he kept Kyrie and sometime Lebron in check.

So, I don't know. I do agree that Knicks players seem to seamlessly fit in with the Cavs.
Old 2017-06-13, 00:21   Link #2330
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
He would be very good addition indeed, but his defense sorely lacks which I think his additiona will make Cavs weaker. I know the Cavs don't lose game 3 if Tristian Thompson and JR. Smith should up in that game. These two are solid in defense and T Thompson is a beast in the offensive rebound. Carmelo Anthony, on the other hand, is very poor in defense despite his offensive prowess. Warriors had Klay who was ridiculous in the defensive scheme of this series. He didn't have to worry about scoring as much with Durant and Curry clicking, but without Klay's defense Warriors don't go up 3-0 in this series. Klay was especially crucial in game 1 and 2 and tonight where he kept Kyrie and sometime Lebron in check.

So, I don't know. I do agree that Knicks players seem to seamlessly fit in with the Cavs.
I wholeheartedly agree with Melo being a defensive liability in general. But as a New Yorker who does tune into Knicks games on a consistent basis before their season typically goes down in flames, I've seen Melo show flashes of brilliance on the defensive end. He can often times put up decent offensive rebound numbers as well since he has the propensity to chase after his own shots the moment he shoots the ball (almost as if he expects it to miss lol)

So he is capable of it. I think he just needs a team with a system that pushes him into making defense a higher priority. Perhaps with LeBron there to take charge and to call him out on his faults, he might start to improve. The thing is, for as amazing as Melo can be, I wouldn't call him an effective leader. On the contrary, I think he's better off not being a leader. And yet, he is the leader of that Knicks squad. This means it's unlikely that any players on that team will step up to him. They had that a few years ago when Jason Kidd and a couple other veterans were around to provide that veteran leadership. That also happened to be one the last times they made the playoffs. But that's gone. And without that, I'm not sure he'll ever improve for as long as he's the one in charge on the floor. He needs a LeBron that can pull rank on him, lead by example, and encourage him to finally step his game up more consistently in other ways.
Old 2017-06-13, 00:42   Link #2331
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Cavs will certainly give Carmelo Anthony the best chance to play in the final. For an offensive talent such as him, it's a shame to watch him wither away in a team such as the Knicks that just can't sort itself out and probably won't for a while. I also agree Lebron's influence will make him a better player than he currently is. During Lebron's press conference it was pretty clear that he's expecting the management to shake things up so the Cavs can at least close the gap in talent compare to the Warriors.
Old 2017-06-13, 01:24   Link #2332
The 48th Ronin

The #KLoveforPG13 movement is growing.
Old 2017-06-13, 03:51   Link #2333
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
The #KLoveforPG13 movement is growing.
I was afraid Cavs wouldn't even let him back in the locker room after the game. Schumpert is probably gone too.
Old 2017-06-13, 04:10   Link #2334
Ultragunner

The first quarter was very hopeful for the Cavs, but as with the first 2 games, they quickly collapsed in the 2nd half

IIRC, There are some prominent free agents this off season: Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry, Paul Millsap, Gordon Hayward.
If the Cavs could land any of these guys, especially Paul and Gordon, then they would have a legitimate shot at tbe championship.
However, it's very unlikely because of cap space
Old 2017-06-13, 06:07   Link #2335
Westlo
Lets be reality

Would like to see Paul go to Spurs... sigh if Leonard didn't get injured... would've been interested... golden state were getting blown out at home before that....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 07:05   Link #2336
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
IIRC, There are some prominent free agents this off season: Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry, Paul Millsap, Gordon Hayward.
If the Cavs could land any of these guys, especially Paul and Gordon, then they would have a legitimate shot at tbe championship.
However, it's very unlikely because of cap space
CP3 is unlikely. He wants the max money. I don't know about Hayward, TBH. Lowry is probably a no-no, too (history of disappearance during playoffs).
Old 2017-07-08, 18:30   Link #2337
kanoguti

It's looking pretty bad for the Cavs. Given how much money they're spending on LeGoat currently they cannot afford anyone else, meanwhile Durant is taking personal cuts just to keep his team together. (Kind of embarrassing he is THAT desperate for a ring.)

Getting Jeff Green is a good move in opinion, but it's not enough. They just need to develop some kind of offense without LeBrony on the floor so he can have more time to rest. Regardless however, unless there is some major injury I cannot see the Cavs winning against the Warriors.
Old 2017-07-08, 21:10   Link #2338
The 48th Ronin

The Cavs badly needs to drop those overpaid contracts. And explore the trade market.

They're​ running out of good FAs.
Old 2019-03-15, 10:15   Link #2339
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Selection Sunday is in just two days! Here are a couple of articles I've written on how seedings are determined for the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship (aka "March Madness") and what difference they make.

http://sportsbythenumbers.org/2018/0...lay-favorites/

http://sportsbythenumbers.org/2019/0...eeding-matter/
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-04, 01:03   Link #2340
monir
cho~ kakkoii

NBA playoffs have been great so far. Whoever wins this marathon of a game between the Nuggest and Blazers take series.

edit: BLAZERS!!!!!

Last edited by monir; 2019-05-04 at 01:14.