Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-28, 14:59   Link #41
Nothing Special
Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
1500 dollar phone ... why?
Man, it's a status thing. My damn cousin owes me $200 and he's owed me for a year. But two months ago he bought a $400 phone. WTF? His old phone worked fine. I'm still waiting for my money. What, I'm not cool enough for his money?

$1500 ain't nothing, though. Look at Vertu's stuff.
Nothing Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 15:19   Link #42
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
I have a LG (5500 I think) it's a 3g cdma with GPS, (which I turned off except of 911 calls). It works pretty good for a $100 phone. Better than my old Nokia that never seemed to want to ring when calls came in, and doesn't blow up either.

And best of all it has this neat feature where you can talk to people who aren't even near you with it.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 15:31   Link #43
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
You don't look fourty! priestesskikyo is right. You shouldn't take them out, come on cheer up!

wnkryo: you must never NEVER tell a woman she looks fourty, even if she looks sixty, I can't believe you are so mean...

I was just kidding...

She looks hot ^-^
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 15:45   Link #44
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I was just kidding...

She looks hot ^-^
That would explain the sleeveless t-shirt.

It couldn't be helped. It had to be said. >.<;
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 18:46   Link #45
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
can someone tell me about all these CDMA and GSM thing? i am really stupid..on these things..
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 22:04   Link #46
LynnieS

We have gone a bit off-topic, haven't we?

CDMA and GSM are just competing standards. If you're really interested, try Google. There're lots of info out there.

From an end user's point of view, you really just want the biggest bang for the buck, no? In the U.S., neither standard is going away anytime soon, IMHO. Way too much money have been spent building the network for people to think about just tossing one away, and I don't think that one will win over the users of the other in the near future.

If you're going abroad and want to stay connected, you can get one of those world phones that let you pop in a SIM card and use other networks. (At least, I think that how they work... If I'm going to another country on my own money, I'm not staying connected.) You can also rent a phone if you must.

If you're in NYC, then pick up a copy of the "Village Voice" and flip through the ads for phones. The merchants selling them generally have pretty decent deals, or you can just go to a store. Ask those people around you (physically) to see if they can talk about their experiences with their providers. With all those buildings in Manhattan - if you're in Manhattan - getting service everywhere you go might get tricky; so long as you have service where you're at the most, you should be fine, though.

The latest hot designs are always expensive, especially if the model is really popular; they're rarely, if ever, discounted, so unless you can afford one and absolutely must have something to make everyone jealous, why bother?
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 01:04   Link #47
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
My cellphone is one of these:
Spoiler:

It's starting to die slowly... it's 3 years old, and has sustained alot of hits, so it doesn't amaze me.

But the cellphone i really want to have, but can't buy it since it's a bit to expensive is this:
Spoiler:

i wouldn't recommend the MC60, it only has a 4000 colour display and weak poly ringtones, the camera isn't impressive either. btw how expensive is it where you are. here in singapore you can get that phone for about 20 bucks (i think) with a 2 year contract.

edit: PimpinAintEZ, if the LG G5400 is available where you are then i recommend it. it's not too expensive and has a nice 65k colour screen as well as 32 chord polyphonic ringtones. its a clamshell type (flip type). i just got it and have to say it's quite good, except for the stupid SERIAL PORT cable that comes with the phone. <_< can't LG provide a USB cable for the phone? and the ringtones that come on a CD in the phone package is crap. tried d/l some .dxm and midi ringtones on the phone (not the ones that came with the phone) using the LG software but they don't work. :S other than that it's ok, but it doesn't have a camera, which i don't need. and you can download 128x128 pics as a wallpaper on your phone. the creen is 128x160 btw which isn't too bad.
krel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 06:50   Link #48
FiRe_RoSe82
SaKuRa-HiMe

Send a message via Yahoo to FiRe_RoSe82
Nokia Anime Theme site

I've been searching for a site that has anime theme for my hp. So far i come across Zedge. It has a variety of themes but limited choice for anime. I know the best way is to actually make your own but kinda lazy at the moment so rather search what pp has created. Any site that you know of??
FiRe_RoSe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 16:24   Link #49
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
If you can buy a foreign phone and are rich over all the phones mentioned I would definitley own this one: LG-SV550/ LG-KV5500, LG-LP5500

now these aren't really "phones" more like digital cameras modded to be one >.> still the only phones with 5MP resolution right?
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 17:14   Link #50
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Hmm, this thread feels familiar...

There's more to camera phones than the megapixel rating. For example, my Motorola MPx220 has a 1.2 megapixel camera. However, the lense they used, as well as a number of other factors, make it somewhat unimpressive. For one, perhaps due to limited processing power, the phone does take a second or two to get the image entirely, which can lead to easy blurring (this is at the full 1280x960 resolution; decreasing the resolution to 640x480 or even lower makes for almost instant image capture). Another factor is the color: it looks very washed out. Yet another factor is the DPI (dots per inch). A high resolution is worthless if it won't have the dpi to make the image look detailed.

Unfortunately, while most of that information is easily accessible on digital cameras, it's next to impossible to find it for cameraphones. I know Motorola gave me a hashed response that didn't answer my question when I emailed them about my own phone. If the camera aspect is really important to you, you're best off reading reviews and looking over photo comparisons where you can.

FiRe_RoSe82 what sort of phone do you use? My phone uses Windows 2003 CE and I did find a site or two with themes for that operating system. Of course, depending on your screen resolution you may need to resize some of the images and/or redo some of the XML coding to optimize it to your phone. If you use a phone with Symbian OS you'd need something different, of course.
Old 2006-01-22, 19:13   Link #51
DjShine

Send a message via MSN to DjShine
Samsung are one of the best out there.
DjShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 19:34   Link #52
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Everyone talking about their expensive phones, the only functionality of mine is to flip out so I can pretend I'm in Final Fantasy: Advent Children...
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 07:09   Link #53
FiRe_RoSe82
SaKuRa-HiMe

Send a message via Yahoo to FiRe_RoSe82
Ledgem: I'm using Nokia N70 so its symbian OS. so any sites for anime themes???
FiRe_RoSe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 10:32   Link #54
Ending

Bought a brand new Nokia 6060 just a few weeks back. Silver coloured, colour-screen, games, and memo. Pretty good for 125 euros.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 19:32   Link #55
Ledgem
Love Yourself

FiRe_RoSe82: yep. Check here; I think this is the site that I pulled a number of themes for my MPx220 off of as well.

Also check out some of the other sites from this search.
Old 2006-01-24, 11:05   Link #56
awyongcarl

Eh..
If u can afford...maybe u can go for Sony Ericsson W900i
It's a bit...(maybe :P) pricey..
Well..im saving money for it..
It's about RM2600
well im a Malaysian...
nice to met y'all =)
awyongcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 22:31   Link #57
theanimedude

Send a message via AIM to theanimedude Send a message via Yahoo to theanimedude
you know what sucks????

i just bought my 902sh unlocked and i cant set any of my damn mp3's as a ringtone. that sucks!!! says "illegal file" or something like that......when i made the mp3...
theanimedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 14:33   Link #58
BellaD

At the moment I have nothing ....but in a few days I'll be getting this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...la/370x400.jpg
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 16:31   Link #59
Ending

^ But it's not even a shell-phone like THIS one. And I bet it cost more than 150 bucks too.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 16:45   Link #60
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
hmm i own two phones one that dosent start(siemens a65) and one who is wierd(sony t230)
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote