AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 20:21   Link #621
tsunade666

New episode is a headache. At least Airi is being cute Airi and Otome where there. They should just kill Ronaldo [-_-] its interesting in a way that they are doing a total original story from the game but its totally cramped in it. Ronaldo already knew the secret behind Yamato's goal and Joe's girlfriend is dead they make her dead.
Old 2013-05-02, 21:09   Link #622
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I liked episode 5 quite a bit. It's enjoyable and moves pretty briskly. There are many characters introduced (a few of which I've been looking forward to personally), and they managed to fit them into the ongoing narrative without wasting too much time. Nice to see all my waifus having screen time in the same episode. <3 Airi. <3 Fumi. <3 Otome. <3 <3 <3.

I like the style of adaptation they're going for here. Instead of just being the same thing I've seen before, it actually feels like an original show based on the same material. I dunno if it'll be better or worse at the end but at least it's not boring. One thing I've noticed about the series so far is that the odd numbered episodes are way better than the even numbered episodes. Hopefully it's just a silly coincidence and next week's episode doesn't feel awful again. ^^;

The voice direction for the show continues to amuse me. First as many people pointed out, Sakurai is just doing his Makishima voice from Psycho-Pass for Alcor. But now, Ronaldo has showed up and Rikiya Koyama is channelling the exact same voice he used for Kiritsugu in Fate/Zero. This amuses me to no end.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 21:16   Link #623
ChampDream
Alive

the fact Ronaldo said that they will not let anybody die, is the reason why they got the dead face of Hibiki, since Hibiki will do anything to not let anybody die, even risking his on life, that why Yamato put him last in the lines of defense.
Daichi is really a joke character, giving him all this weak demons
Old 2013-05-02, 21:18   Link #624
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
New episode is a headache. At least Airi is being cute Airi and Otome where there. They should just kill Ronaldo [-_-]
The death of Commissar Justice is something I am also hoping for *mutters* that damn dirty Commie.

Quote:
its interesting in a way that they are doing a total original story from the game but its totally cramped in it.
Agreed. The compression is just killing this.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 21:26   Link #625
The Green One

I've never played this game before, so I find it hard to tell if going into this blind is a blessing or not. Completely putting the game aside, it's sometimes a bit hard to follow as it seems to leave some important details out about who the some characters are and why they're even important, like for example the girl who was sleeping near all those cats and that guy who was with her, I don't even remember their names they were so unremarkable.

I suppose they just don't have time to fully explain everything coherently in 13 episodes and it's starting to show, not having game knowledge to fill in the blanks makes it somewhat difficult too.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 21:42   Link #626
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
Daichi is really a joke character, giving him all this weak demons
Apparently Daichi might be going beyond his joke phase soon. The social mobile game based on the DS2 anime features 3 main demons on the promo sheet - Byakko, Kurihime, and Cu Chulainn. That could be Daichi's ace demon.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 21:43   Link #627
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Apparently Daichi might be going beyond his joke phase soon. The social mobile game based on the DS2 anime features 3 main demons on the promo sheet - Byakko, Kurihime, and Cu Chulainn. That could be Daichi's ace demon.
I wonder why they are giving Hibiki "common" demons while everyone else has uniques.

Saving it up till he summons Lucifer at the end of something?
Old 2013-05-02, 21:53   Link #628
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
since Hibiki will do anything to not let anybody die, even risking his on life, that why Yamato put him last in the lines of defense.
well, with hindsight, he should've put everyone along with Io to distract Merak while Hibiki charged up Byakko's trans-am.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 22:20   Link #629
novalysis

Horrible Pseudo Fascist versus Filthy Communist, with an Eldrtich abomination (I think Alcor is one) as an observer, with a Gary Stu as the third wheel!

Ring side seats are selling fast now!
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 22:28   Link #630
tsunade666

I wonder if they will bring all the 4 guardians on each directions. Byakko, Suzaku, Seiryuu and Genbu. They are aiming for Koryuu? I want too see Nyaruko!!
Old 2013-05-02, 23:53   Link #631
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I've never played this game before, so I find it hard to tell if going into this blind is a blessing or not. Completely putting the game aside, it's sometimes a bit hard to follow as it seems to leave some important details out about who the some characters are and why they're even important, like for example the girl who was sleeping near all those cats and that guy who was with her, I don't even remember their names they were so unremarkable.
They are unremarkable because this is the first time they appear. But who they are is blatantly obvious.
From their dialogue we can see that they are similar to Hibiki's group: civilians became summoners, got rescued by JP and then got recruited.
Now they are on the way to take the JP base from the rebels.
Nevertheless they don't like how human fight against human and they also wonder whether JP is the right side.
I haven't played the game but it's not difficult to figure out that much.

Regarding the episode itself, Yamato is a ****
But his arrogance (and his so-called talent) is too over top that it's funny
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 00:12   Link #632
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wonder if they will bring all the 4 guardians on each directions. Byakko, Suzaku, Seiryuu and Genbu. They are aiming for Koryuu? I want too see Nyaruko!!
Hibiki already own 2 of them, may be he will own all 4 soon?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 02:02   Link #633
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I wonder why they are giving Hibiki "common" demons while everyone else has uniques.

Saving it up till he summons Lucifer at the end of something?
I don't know the game but Byakko, Suzaku & Co. are pretty big names as far as mythological creatures go, so I don't think they're supposed to be common demons...

As for the episode, now I have an urge to photoshop the infamous Grumpy Cat's face on Yamato... XD (Also, poor Daichi, I hope he gets over this soon.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 03:27   Link #634
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Since he has Byakko it'd make sense for him to gain Suzaku as well.

Anyways, while Daichi is "useless", this is clearly a setup for him to get "over it". Although the question is when. There's no telling whether he'll be kicking ass next episode, or near the end of the series. But I hope it's sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Dengar; 2013-05-03 at 03:46.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 05:05   Link #635
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

In my opinion, If Daichi's uselessness is meant to be some poor attempt at a "joke", it has to stop. Now. It's really annoying that someone hasn't chewed out the guy for having such useless demons and still trying to get in on the action. He's just been a hindrance. Aside from the episode when he shut off the computer, which was a good time for him, he's been consistently useless in battle and it's so baffling how hasn't learnt magic or something to power himself up. The least he could do is learn how to make a decent barrier to shield people.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:09   Link #636
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
But I hope it's sooner rather than later.
That's what I was trying to say. Daichi is clearly on the same road as Io was, but for him it's taking more time. Hopefully he'll get a really cool scene sometime soon. (His current demons are cute, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
In my opinion, If Daichi's uselessness is meant to be some poor attempt at a "joke", it has to stop. Now. It's really annoying that someone hasn't chewed out the guy for having such useless demons and still trying to get in on the action.
That JP's guy in ep 3 kind of did. Daichi wanted to go out and fight and was told no, your demons suck, get on the medic team instead. It wasn't a joke scene so it was probably a set-up.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 05:12   Link #637
Kirarakim

Daichi isn't really useless, he put out the fire in the last ep. But yeah he can't do much to help with low level demons. I do think they are building him up for something.

I also don't think Hibiki is a Gary Stu. I also don't think the method he is choosing, do everything yourself is supposed to be the right one. Got to love his bunny hood though.

Anyways I liked Airi and the guy she was with. Maybe the most interesting new characters we've been introduced to.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-05-03 at 05:27.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 05:13   Link #638
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

At the very least Daichi provides us with an excuse to see the cuter demons in action.
Old 2013-05-03, 05:38   Link #639
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
At the very least Daichi provides us with an excuse to see the cuter demons in action.
Not a very good one. They all could have started out with weaker demons at the beginning of the series and worked together to beat stronger ones.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 05:52   Link #640
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It doesn't hurt to look on the bright side of life just once, you know?

Or maybe you're just being contrary.

Tags
atlus, devil_survivor, index, persona