Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-14, 14:28   Link #1
Omniscient

Episodes 68-69 Discussion Thread

Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler for basically what happens:
Please do not discuss anything past episode 68, or else you risk a ban. Even [spoiler=manga] [/spoiler] tags are no defense.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-02-14 at 17:40.
Old 2006-02-14, 14:35   Link #2
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-14, 14:46   Link #3
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Mmm ... These episodes seem too delicious. Must resist, must go to school, must ... Bah. Anyway, it's still in RAW form, so no biggie! Ahahahaha ...
Old 2006-02-14, 15:09   Link #4
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
1 hour special woot!!
Old 2006-02-14, 15:24   Link #5
hi no ken Jebus

Wow so much to say but I don't have the time. Anyway first half was weird with bizarro art. The story actually became alot better and definately looking forward to the vampires now . The second half had more or less better animation and usual bleach style. The surprise at the end was extra nice and now those muppets in the ED make sense. Not as much comedy as I had hoped but the 2 extra bits at the end are golden. Ukitate using the oldest pedo trick in the book .
Old 2006-02-14, 15:57   Link #6
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Now this is a surprise I didn't figure out or expect.

Spoiler:

Those kinds of surprises may be enough to quench the dissatisfaction of the filler complainers.

So those little games did serve a purpose, after all.

But didn't anyone else, except for Omniscient, overlooked....
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-14, 16:00   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quick post before I use the door.

Bleach is back for the most part of the episode. Bleach-standard animation is defined in the 2nd half of the episode. The character design, the pacing of the story, the art.. all of those are at a huge improvement compared to the last 3 episodes. All those petty delaying tactics were probably used to make the time to animate this episode. Most of the grand animation can be seen in the 2nd half of the episode, the kind of animation that was becoming such a norm before the filler arc started.

Finally, the story and it's pacing was like Bleach! The story actually evoked a sense of mystery in some part and NO CURSED, LAME REPETITIVENESS ( except for Ichigo trying the Bankai twice) and a bit of instant flashback scene in the 2nd half that was shown in the first half of the episode. The BGM in two parts was fantastic i.e.
Spoiler:
and another little score of the piano and the violin in sync.

And finally, Rukia is BACK!!! One can tell when she assumes that tone of speaking to Ichigo when they are in public! She uses that tone of conversation in the next episode preview

See you folks tomorrow. Btw, Bleach is back, or at least, for this episode.
Old 2006-02-14, 17:31   Link #8
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Yay, ppl can now STFU about this arc, unless they start suffering from withdrawal symptoms from lack of complaining
Old 2006-02-14, 17:43   Link #9
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Okay just wondering.......but isn't this like going to completely screw up the story afterwards?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-14, 17:49   Link #10
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

By the way, the new foes call themselves....
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-14, 17:54   Link #11
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Okay just wondering.......but isn't this like going to completely screw up the story afterwards?

Spoiler:
Well, there haven't been signifficant changes that will cause issues... since most of the revelations are pretty minor.

Spoiler for Cuz I like spoiler tags:
Old 2006-02-14, 19:34   Link #12
Itachi 216
Sharingan Heir

Send a message via AIM to Itachi 216 Send a message via MSN to Itachi 216 Send a message via Yahoo to Itachi 216
Well well...The voice actor of Tsunade in Naruto is in this episode too!
Old 2006-02-14, 19:53   Link #13
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well I won't be watching the ep until tommorrow night but if monir is finally impressed with something I'll probably be blown away ...Can't wait...
Old 2006-02-14, 21:17   Link #14
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Geh! Rukia back this early? I'm kinda hoping this Rukia doesn't turn out to be the genuine article...
Old 2006-02-14, 21:47   Link #15
Biswa

Wow, this is getting more and more promising... maybe i should start watching these episodes soon (after my exams). I do find that fillers generally dub down the strength of characters and make it seem like everyone got like much weaker from the previous arc, but maybe this won't be too bad a case. Even though Ichigo can't do bankai, it's better than being able to do it and being beaten. I do wish that Shunpo would come much more into play... that's a cool move.
Old 2006-02-14, 22:00   Link #16
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Do I observe some form of pederasty between Ukitake and Hitsugaya?

Joking aside, Ukitake really shines as a kind guy. (Is he gay?) I know he's among the most popular in his batch (as shown before) because of his devoted yet gentle heart, but doesn't anyone questions his inability to score a wife?

I mean, if people had a personality like Ukitake and had a face as great as him, (transposed into real life, of course) wouldn't a lot of girls run to him?

Just a queer thought ... maybe he IS pederastic - I don't know.

As can be seen in my avatar, I do like him as a person.
Old 2006-02-14, 22:07   Link #17
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Man, this is anime/manga. NO-ONE has, has had, or can have a normal relationship with another character. It's impossible. On the plus side, it's an episode of 'alternative story arc' which I definitately enjoyed.
Old 2006-02-14, 22:23   Link #18
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Man, this is anime/manga. NO-ONE has, has had, or can have a normal relationship with another character. It's impossible. On the plus side, it's an episode of 'alternative story arc' which I definitately enjoyed.
Not impossible really...but I definitely agree with no one can have a normal relationship. If you think about it, most of the relationships in Bleach could be all kinds of sick. With a few exceptions. (Although I hope I know what you are talking about because then...this post is beyond silly.)

That's why Bleach is one of the best kind of crack. It is funny as hell when you think about it...

Oh and Ukitate is NO phedopile. -_- Don't indulged me. What he does like is Hitsugaya. A lot. XDDD Mwhaha. Him on the kinks with one young person doesn't automatically make him a phedo right? Or am I confused again?
Old 2006-02-14, 22:32   Link #19
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Ukitake's probably thinking "Wow, he looks just like me at that age! Same impossibly white hair, same high spirit energy, same smooth peachy skin- *coughcough* er, I mean, I might as well make sure he's doing alright <_< >_>"
Old 2006-02-14, 22:39   Link #20
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Pederasty was a classy act in Ancient Greece ... maybe it also is in Soul Society?

I mean, in exchange for sexual favors, the adolescent learns a lot from the old guy. Maybe Hitsugaya learnt how to do 'bankai' with him...
Closed Thread