AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favourite Gundam Lead
Amuro Ray (Mobile Suit Gundam) 33 26.83%
Kamille Bidan (Zeta Gundam) 21 17.07%
Judau Ashita (Double Zeta Gundam) 10 8.13%
Uso Ebbing (Victory Gundam) 11 8.94%
Domon Kashuu (G Gundam) 18 14.63%
Heero Yuy (Gundam Wing) 31 25.20%
Garrod Ran (Gundam X) 20 16.26%
Loran Cehack (Turn A Gundam) 22 17.89%
Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED) 50 40.65%
Shin Asuka (Gundam SEED Destiny) 11 8.94%
Oliver May (MS Igloo) 5 4.07%
Shiro Amada (The 08th MS Team) 32 26.02%
Bernard Wiseman (Gundam 0080: War In The Pocket) 11 8.94%
Kou Uraki (Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory) 7 5.69%
Seabook Arno (Gundam F91) 10 8.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-07, 23:32   Link #41
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Actually that would be the reincarnation of the true Heero Yui as we briefly saw him. In fact, in that one EW flashback, because he killed the girl he had the hots for and wore emotions on his sleeve, they had to get that out of him, and by the end of EW, he dropped oh so conveniently into Relena's arms. (Now get to work on rebuilding the Wing Zero, bitch!)

So if Lacus were to talk to him for three minutes, she'd simply undo the scientists' tampering, not turn him into anyone he wasn't :O.
I think that was pity. This isn't Char we're talking about.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 23:41   Link #42
The Blacknoah
Maniacal Dictator

Message from the Blacknoah:

Even Heero Yuy will not be able to resist the swaying words of the Pink Princess! 3 minutes of talk will actually be like 3 days of torture for him! XD

As an example, just check the wild LaGowe from this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiAAy...33BDF6&index=4

The poor dog couldn't even last a minute against her.
The Blacknoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 00:37   Link #43
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I may be in the minority here, but I never really liked Amuro. I had wanted Char to live on and Amuro dead.

Amuro had proven himself to be quite an asshole from time to time.

And his hair... oh, the hair. Now that I think about it, I might not hate him as much, had I not seen a Korean rip-off of Macross, which the Koreans titled 'Gundam' and used Amuro as a template for the protagonist. I remember in one clip, it had something to do with fighting a giant rat. Oh, the nightmares!

- Tak (and he was a lolicon, to boot!)
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 10:04   Link #44
4Tran

I feel very differently about Amuro and Char. I didn't like Amuro at all in Mobile Suit Gundam, but I thought that he was easily my favorite character in Zeta and Char's Counterattack. On the other hand, I never liked Char whenever he was called "Char", but I thought that Quattro was quite interesting.
Old 2007-11-08, 16:26   Link #45
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blacknoah View Post
Heero gets my vote. Why? Try to have Shinn Asuka snap his broken bones back together like Lego blocks...
Nice try at Shinn bashing. How about having everybody try? I think you'll find that not too many people can, or would want to, do that.
Old 2007-11-08, 16:28   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Of course i choose Loooooooooooooran~ (Laura).
Old 2007-11-08, 17:25   Link #47
Bocca
Banned

Heero Yuy.

Only he can stand outside of the cockpit of his Gundam being cool and self-destructing his Gundam right behind him all while staring at his great nemesis Zechs Marquise.
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 14:24   Link #48
solomon

Amuro, Garrod and Loran. Kamille Bidan deserves special mention, but the first three's personality and ideals are much more in tune with my own and my own asthetic choices.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 00:47   Link #49
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Amuro Ray for me, simply because he doesn't have any lofty ideas about war, peace etc like Kira. He's not angist driven, shows emotions (unlike Herro). As time went on, he manged to check his hot headness. And in general is simply a normal kid. He had no intention to change the world, no illusions of lasting peace, understands war for what it is, have no problem killing when needed but doesn't go overboard in killing sprees. He simply does his job as a MS pilot, fights the wars, hold on to his, compartivly speaking, realistic ideas, and win the battles that really matters. Does not realie on ultra powerful gundams or even his NT abilites too much, IE a Amuro without his NT abilities would still be a competent pilot. Not to mention being one of the best, if not the best pilots in Gundam

As for the second place, Loran, again, normal person like Amuro, holds realistic ideas, little self doubt, determined from the start and has no special powers at all.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 01:07   Link #50
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Camille!

He goes through a ton of crap, and, for what it's worth, handles it pretty damned well too. That's not to mention he's constantly fighting against and alongside veterans from the One Year War, and earns their respect too. Oh, and he meets a somewhat untimely "end" at the end of Zeta... doesn't happen that often to Gundam protagonists!
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 03:30   Link #51
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Amuro - Because he is Amuro Ray.

Domon - Because he is Tomokazu Seki.

Loran - Because he is Laura Lora (or something similar)

No, actually we know these 3 guys are great characters and are awesome in their piloting styles and skills. Whether is it kicking the heads off the enemy MSes, insane sword techniques, mad dodging, catching/blocking bullets/giant fists etc. etc.

These guys are more dynamic than just beam spamming.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 03:51   Link #52
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Amuro - Because he is Amuro Ray.

Domon - Because he is Tomokazu Seki.

Loran - Because he is Laura Lora (or something similar)

No, actually we know these 3 guys are great characters and are awesome in their piloting styles and skills. Whether is it kicking the heads off the enemy MSes, insane sword techniques, mad dodging, catching/blocking bullets/giant fists etc. etc.

These guys are more dynamic than just beam spamming.
C.A you forgot to mention they dont cry for an entire series
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 11:19   Link #53
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Judau - he kicks ass even without a gundam. (someone should fix his name in the poll options :/ )

Domon - Super robot = win

Shiro - He's pretty smart and gets Aina in the end.

Seabook - He's badass in Crossbone.

Heero - He's invincible.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 15:18   Link #54
Chase

Heero is my fav, i hated Kira in Seed(wow, he was whiny as hell, iit got on my nerves). I like his attitude better in Seed Destiny. Guess the writers decided to tone that crap down in him. He would be my second choice tho.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 02:48   Link #55
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
I have to go with Amuro. First Gundam was the first series I saw after Wing, and his character stuck with me much more than Heero ever did, and I've always liked him since. Camille is an extremely close second for me, since he's just as interesting a character to me as Amuro is, but the way he left the spotlight at the end of Zeta was really disappointing. Too bad Char wasn't an option. Hell, with Zeta and CCA, he might as well count as a lead character with all the screen time and story importance he has.

Domon is another favorite of mine. I don't know why, but I like him. Must be the fact that he can make Gundams explode with his suit's bare hands...

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 07:18   Link #56
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Heero is my fav, i hated Kira in Seed(wow, he was whiny as hell, iit got on my nerves). I like his attitude better in Seed Destiny. Guess the writers decided to tone that crap down in him. He would be my second choice tho.
Ditto on Heero, but I actually liked the 'whiny' Kira. At least he was HUMAN that way. Now he is probably the most powerful hero ever. I don't think any single Newtype can take him down.

For Heero though, I must say that it's his cool demeanor other than any type of melodramatic turn that I like about him. In terms of soap opera antics, Amuro still gets the cake. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 09:53   Link #57
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Ditto on Heero, but I actually liked the 'whiny' Kira. At least he was HUMAN that way. Now he is probably the most powerful hero ever. I don't think any single Newtype can take him down.

@ Superknuckles

This fan made clip shows a good level of detail if Kira and CO did went against a UC hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i16n4eySKc
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 02:09   Link #58
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

shin is the worst protagonist ever, good thing the writers/producers realized this and put kira back on the map....i feel very comfortable having kira as lead but seriously he didnt really need the protagonist role for gsd...anyways i voted for kira on this thread

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase
Quote:

For Heero though, I must say that it's his cool demeanor other than any type of melodramatic turn that I like about him. In terms of soap opera antics, Amuro still gets the cake. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
in gs kira went through major emotional change,naive kid going strait into blood bath battles..... plus psycho flay did some damage on him
in gsd he was more settle down and has surive a major war which built his character, so yea he was more mature
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote