AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 11:25   Link #6301
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I doubt we'll see some Nagi action if we get any till we get to see the reincarnation of Fates master. But Albiero and Eishun might show up and Eva could send a clone if she wanted since shes apparently got super bunshins lol.

Did anyone else think Chisames face on the last page looked a little over the top for her. Looks like a pyscho :P ( Sextum is there but still lol)
Old 2010-12-06, 12:55   Link #6302
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
...so... 3rd is earth, 4th is fire, 5th is wind, 6th is water....

1. What the fuck are 2nd and 1st? I assume 1st is dead, killed by Nagi.

2. HOLY SHIT!!!!! NOW WHAT? ONE FATE WAS KICKING THEIR ASSES, NOW THERE'S 4 OF THEM?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 13:01   Link #6303
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
...so... 3rd is earth, 4th is fire, 5th is wind, 6th is water....

1. What the fuck are 2nd and 1st? I assume 1st is dead, killed by Nagi.

2. HOLY SHIT!!!!! NOW WHAT? ONE FATE WAS KICKING THEIR ASSES, NOW THERE'S 4 OF THEM?
1. Well, if we go by Captain Planet rules, that would mean either 1st or 2nd had the power to talk to monkeys. I'm assuming he is now dead.

2. I'm getting more and more attached to 'Ala Rubra Rescue Squad'. If Eva, Eishun, and Al are all able to enter the fray, they can take on the new trio while Negi wakes up and fights Tertium. It works!
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 13:54   Link #6304
ZeroForever

actually dynamis says that he revived the 1st which was the one defeated by Nagi in 311, so chances are that Fate tetrium is just the 1st one revived.
If you re-read the flashback scenes you'll notice that the past Fate teammates in the 'last battle' were fire/lightning/etc.. so I'm leaning towards the 'they are those mooks revived in a standardized form' theory.
Old 2010-12-06, 14:37   Link #6305
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
No, I don't it's Fate's team from the flashback. I think they are all clones of... someone. The Life Maker maybe?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 16:55   Link #6306
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
KA should have ensured Fate was voiced by a female seiyuu just for that reason. Then she could play all of them. Nana Mizuki is certainly someone who has that kind of range.
Fate Sextum, voiced by Fate Testarossa?

Anyway, I haven't visited this thread in ages, but I thought I'd stop in real quick to say AHHHH! AHHHHHHH! CHACHAMARU! AHHHHH! ....right. She's okay, she's got backups somewhere, I'm overthinking this, I need to stay calm.

On topic, I think the Fates just screwed themselves due to the law of Conservation of Ninjutsu. A dues ex machina is on the way from either Ala Alba, Negi, or Mahora, and we'll get another nice climatic battle while our heroes get a good round of Soft Potions. Or a new body, in Chachamaru's case. (STAYING CALM.) I don't think Nagi is likely; not until Negi is awake to see it, and not until we see who the mysterious hooded figure is. (Still thinking Zect.) Nagi is the grand reveal, and we're not there yet. My money is on Ala Alba, although we might see Keade, Ku-Fei, and Yue put up a bit of a struggle first. And Fate #3 is a wild card now, but again, not until Negi is up and running. I also think Chao is a long shot, but who knows?

And we still haven't seen the last of Setsuna, who might finish her match and show up to protect her Ojou-sama. By the way, are the Fates still on orders not to kill unless strictly necessary? They seemed to waste Chachamaru without hesitation, but they might know it's not fatal, or they don't count her as a person. Either way, they would hardly need to introduce themselves if they planned on dicing up Ala Rubra here and now, which they could have very easily.

Staying. Calm.
Old 2010-12-06, 16:57   Link #6307
DKN117

Spoiler for various things:
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 17:12   Link #6308
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Spoiler for various things:
The chapter is out, I don't think we need spoiler tags.

1. No way, he didn't even have last words. He's not gonna get taken out that anti-climatically.

2. Didn't think about that, but Fate does come with his own harem. I can see the addition of half a dozen ladies really evening the odds, although as Negi and Co just demonstrated, they really aren't that special.

3. I can't see Tsukuyomi switching. Ever. It's not like she's loyal to the cause, but she's WAAAAAAAAAY too crazy to join up Ala Rubra.
Old 2010-12-06, 17:13   Link #6309
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Hina's corruption was demonstrated as "visible", as shown in LH and Negima.
And considering what Tsukuyomi told to Negi, it is unlikely for her to be "simply corrupted". In fact, Tsukuyomi is the only character in Negima that you can label as "lawfu evil"... although she would be rather "chaotic evil" due to her lunatic behavior.

Thus, I can't see her switching sides at all. She is the only character that fights with pure murderous intent. She doesn't have any conviction or ideal to follow or protect. In fact, she is potentially the most dangerous antagonist around, personality wise.
Old 2010-12-06, 17:56   Link #6310
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Yeah... I could see Tsukuyomi switching sides to the forces of good if they promised her more things to kill, but then the forces of good wouldn't be very good, would they? No way is she just 'corrupted'; she's not crazy because she has a demon sword, she has a demon sword because she's crazy.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:10   Link #6311
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I think waiting for Nagi to show up is kidding ourselves. I just can't see it. Negi waking up now is almost a given, although I still have this horrible feeling it'll take Ku Fei (most likely) and/or Chisame (RAAAAAAGE!!!!) being frozen (if the ground-based Tertium used petrification, then I'm sure Sixtum uses freezing), and I'm praying NOT shattered (being turned into stone is far less fragile than being made into an ice statue) to move him to do it. But then, I don't buy him beating that many Fates.

That's the irking thing about this whole twist. It's stupid. There's no way out without a Deus Ex Machina, or a disappointing anticlimax with weak Fates. Try as much as I want, I just can't see a way for this to be solved without either massive losses or an eye-rolling copout.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 22:58   Link #6312
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
I think waiting for Nagi to show up is kidding ourselves. I just can't see it. Negi waking up now is almost a given, although I still have this horrible feeling it'll take Ku Fei (most likely) and/or Chisame (RAAAAAAGE!!!!) being frozen (if the ground-based Tertium used petrification, then I'm sure Sixtum uses freezing), and I'm praying NOT shattered (being turned into stone is far less fragile than being made into an ice statue) to move him to do it. But then, I don't buy him beating that many Fates.

That's the irking thing about this whole twist. It's stupid. There's no way out without a Deus Ex Machina, or a disappointing anticlimax with weak Fates. Try as much as I want, I just can't see a way for this to be solved without either massive losses or an eye-rolling copout.
I don't think Ken did a chapter where the Headmaster went specificly to ask Eva, Al and Eishun to help for nothing. So I can see them comins as reinforcement very soon. I would expect at least 2 of Eva/Albiero/Konoemon/Eishun (the same device used in kyoto for eva for instance would make sense, adding that with the current state of the world tree shining she should be at full power, and also that flow is coming exacly from the place negi and co are fighting) to come to help, and add to it Takamichi and Godel as other posibilities, as at least Takamichi hinted he wanted to get there as soon as reinforcements to the fleet could be there.

Of course one can call that a Deus EX but considering the circustances and the foreshadowing, I wouldn't see it as one.
Old 2010-12-07, 00:37   Link #6313
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Hina's corruption was demonstrated as "visible", as shown in LH and Negima.
And considering what Tsukuyomi told to Negi, it is unlikely for her to be "simply corrupted". In fact, Tsukuyomi is the only character in Negima that you can label as "lawfu evil"... although she would be rather "chaotic evil" due to her lunatic behavior.
Gotta disagree. There are three people currently involved in the storyline that are unquestionably evil.

Dynamis: Lawful evil (and happily so). He's got honor and restraint (a hallmark of lawful anything) but has little problem with performing clearly evil acts (and no urge for altruism). He really defines lawful evil.

Homura: Neutral evil. Sorry, loli fans, but the truth hurts. Blind devotion only goes so far, before one's own nature has to take credit for their actions and desires. Homura not only had little problem intending to burn AA to ashes, she was going to enjoy it. Evil, no question.

Tsukuyomi: Chaotic evil. If WotC ever comes out with a D&D expansion for anime/manga worlds, Tsukuyomi's picture will be next to the definition for chaotic evil. You can't get more chaotic evil than her without being nearly unwritable. She might—just might—have a lawful bone in her body, but it's bound to be one of the smallest of her 202. She's textbook.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-12-07 at 10:53.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 01:49   Link #6314
DKN117

I still hold hope that not everyone in CE is irredeemable. For evidence, I present Zabuza, Neji, and Gaara. ESPECIALLY Gaara; kid went from Chaotic Evil to Lawful Good in just three years. Homura seems to have been rather indoctrinated from a young age in the style of the Numbers from Nanoha Striker S (and seven out of 12 of them turned good in the end), and she probably assumed that anyone she killed would be somehow instead sent to the Eternal Garden (lies told to her by Dynamis and/or Fate? Or perhaps even truth?). I can't see Dynamis going good, though, and I can only see Fate turning hero at the cost of his own life (a la Pain/Nagato). And at least some of Tsukuyomi's sadistic insanity could be the corrupting influence of the Demon Blade Hina.
Old 2010-12-07, 09:12   Link #6315
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Have we confirmed how long she's been using Hina, though? This is the first battle she's actually drawn the thing, and she's been acting crazy since... well, basically every appearance since her first. Plus she seems to have quite cheerfully and willingly given into the thing, so I'm not sure how much it's 'affecting' her personality as opposed to 'amplifying' her personality...
Old 2010-12-07, 10:26   Link #6316
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
I still hold hope that not everyone in CE is irredeemable. For evidence, I present Zabuza, Neji, and Gaara. ESPECIALLY Gaara; kid went from Chaotic Evil to Lawful Good in just three years. Homura seems to have been rather indoctrinated from a young age in the style of the Numbers from Nanoha Striker S (and seven out of 12 of them turned good in the end), and she probably assumed that anyone she killed would be somehow instead sent to the Eternal Garden (lies told to her by Dynamis and/or Fate? Or perhaps even truth?). I can't see Dynamis going good, though, and I can only see Fate turning hero at the cost of his own life (a la Pain/Nagato). And at least some of Tsukuyomi's sadistic insanity could be the corrupting influence of the Demon Blade Hina.
Gaara's Chaotic Evil is still different from Tsukuyomi's Chaotic Evil because Gaara's motivation and backstory was clearly explained. Gaara lashed out in hatred. Tsukuyomi enjoys what she does, and she always has been until Akamatsu shows otherwise. Even Tertium is more inclined to redeem himself than Tsukuyomi.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 16:27   Link #6317
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Tsukuyomi probably has a reason for only choosing Setsuna to fight against, shes interested in her obviously because she calls her Senpai but there has to be something that happened to her in the dojo that made her who she is, or maybe her parents died by her sensei or some stuff like that. I know we'll get a backstory on Tsukuyomi later on but from what I see she enjoys killing she pure evil atm but she might end up looking at Setsuna as an ojou I think O.o
Old 2010-12-07, 17:55   Link #6318
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Tsukuyomi herself pretty much said that she has no Freudian excuse or even overriding motivations, though. She just enjoys killing stuff, particularly when that stuff puts up a good fight. I always got the impression that she's centered on Setsuna primarily because they use the same style of combat and are at similar levels of power, so the fight will be long and vicious before one of them goes down, which is exactly what Tsukuyomi wants.
Old 2010-12-07, 21:26   Link #6319
GreatTeacherKen

I think we can more or less agree that Tsukuyomi is the most blatantly evil villain and the least likely to redeem herself especially since Akumatsu hasn't given her any humanizing moments unlike most other antagonists in the series; the manga's morality scale definitely isn't a simple black and white affair. Whether or not the other antagonists will redeem themselves is up in the air, depending on how this arc ends.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 22:20   Link #6320
DKN117

I still think that Fate's girls have 'merely' been indoctrinated. If something big were to happen, they could be redeemed. And again, I draw attention to my comment on Homura thinking that 'killing' the good guys wouldn't have actually killed them.

And I still believe that only through death could Fate find redemption at this point.

And I am convinced (probably due to the whole Madara thing in Naruto) that the Master of the Grave is the one who's really pulling the strings amongst the bad guys right now.

Tags
action, fantasy