AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-13, 07:42   Link #1
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

My First Video Game!

I was having this talk with a work buddy yesterday, both us are about the same age 26/27 and the very first game we remembered playing was Alex the kid which came free with a sega mega drive, I'm not 100% if that happened in all regions but it did in the UK. It was such a simple sega mario rip off from what I remember but it had char and was fun...a great freebie more or less.

Do you guys remember your first video games you played and if you still revisit them from time to time, what memories do you have of these games?
Old 2012-12-13, 08:09   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Like millions of others, It was most likely a Mario game.
Old 2012-12-13, 08:55   Link #3
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Hmmm, either Dune 2, or an Atari 2600 game, possibly Q-Bert or maybe Solaris
Old 2012-12-13, 09:45   Link #4
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Asteroids, wich came together with my very first console ever, the Atari 2600.

Also remember hating the bloody thing, because that year, I wanted a bike for christmas and got this instead. Father said I was too young for one and I was better off staying inside playing this.

Been inside playing video games ever since.
Old 2012-12-13, 10:04   Link #5
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

That period is kind of a blur for me, I played a bunch of different games within a short time and don't actually remember what was the first. It was most likely either Super Mario Bros. on NES or Combat on Atari 2600 (nerf the plane, buff the boat imo).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 10:23   Link #6
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh geez, it was Dig Dug. I owned an Atari 800 system with a floppy drive. Loved Joust and 2-player pac man, it was great!

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 10:43   Link #7
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I forget.. but I think it's that old octopus game where you need to avoid it while trying to get the treasure. It was old... but I remember having myself unable to get the treasure no matter how many times I've tried

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 11:40   Link #8
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was probably Super Mario Bros on the NES. Though wow that was a long time ago.

Probably the next games that stand out would be Zelda: A Link to the Past and the early Final Fantasy games.
Old 2012-12-13, 12:01   Link #9
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I don't remember. It would have been one of the many shareware games on the 5 inch floppies that were floating around in the early 80s. I remember my father's best friend was really into the "gaming" scene and would always drop off a handful of those floppies when he came back from business trips. I do remember one of them, being this karate game where you controlled a block figure and pressed various keys on your keyboard to punch/kick, etc, as you side-scrolled through a "temple".

I also had an Atari 2600, though I think that came after I first started playing "games" on an IBM PC.

What I can say definitively is that the first King's Quest game was the first video game that had me pull all-nighters, at the tender age of 5.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 12:12   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Mario is the first I remember, I can't remember far back when I wasn't living with my screwed up mother.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 12:49   Link #11
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My very first game was Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Super Mario World 3, Aliens, Lethal Weapon 3, and a couple other NES games I forget; I got them all at once and they're somewhere around here. Zelda II was the first one I played.
Old 2012-12-13, 13:38   Link #12
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Well I don't know my exact first one but the most memorable one and the one I played the most was Golden Eye on the n64 . Loved playing 4-player with a bunch of those mini mods like paintball mode and floating proximate mines lolz. Oh yeah, and looking at each others' screens haha.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 13:52   Link #13
Kreceir

Mega man was my first game I ever played and Beaten!
Ah... I broke so many controllers when I was a little brat....
Old 2012-12-13, 14:49   Link #14
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Overall Tetris on the Game Boy was my first ever. Honestly I don't remember how I ever came into possession of it though. I guess maybe one of my my family members gave to me or something.

As for non-handhelds though, my first experience was a Sega Genesis with Sonic 1 & 2. I didn't own it myself, but I frequently visited someone who did and I played those games like mad.~
Old 2012-12-13, 16:22   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It was either of the following when I was 4.

Pokemon/Tetris/Mario
Old 2012-12-13, 16:59   Link #16
Soverence

The first game I can remember playing was Turok for the N64, there was probably some games before that but its the first one I can remember, and boy was it a fun game. Paintball mode, actually challenging campaign, awesome bosses. Still love that game today
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 21:38   Link #17
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

My first one is tetrix from the original gameboy (the one that takes 4 AA batteries), am I old now?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 23:03   Link #18
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Couldn't remember the name of the first game i played, it was a PC game about the olympics. The next closest one i guess would be Alley Cat
Old 2012-12-14, 05:14   Link #19
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

It's either Solitaire or Lotus Race on MS-DOS.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 21:46   Link #20
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I was born in 1983 and the NES released in North America in 1986, and the first video games I remember playing were NES games. It is the system that got me into gaming. The games that I first remember playing were the original Super Mario Bros. and the original Legend of Zelda. The first time I literally picked up a controller and played a game was Super Mario Bros. I was just a little kid and I was watching my aunt and my brother and a childhood friend taking turns playing Super Mario Bros. They convinced me to try playing the game, but I had a hard time with the game. I wasn't good at it and kept dieing. In short time, my parents bought an NES and I was hooked on playing video games, though. I had an original GameBoy back in the days I was playing the NES regularly, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, too.

I remember playing some games on an Apple computer in those days, too. I don't remember the names of any of them, except for one. I wish I could find those games to play on emulators. I should try looking for them sometime.

Also, Dragon Warrior on NES was my first JRPG (it is Dragon Quest I, but for a time Dragon Quest was Dragon Warrior in the United States). I hated Dragon Warrior. I'd wander around, read text, open up a menu to open doors and to go up and down stairs, I'd stumble around for a fun part (the fights), and then when I would get in a fight I'd die most times. I could barely beat a slime. Not too many years later, I got Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV) on the SNES and I ended up loving it. I beat it when I was a kid and it made me a JRPG fan. I loved Final Fantasy III (Final Fantasy VI), too.