Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-21, 19:03   Link #21
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Not a fan of hers... So I can't comment....
I haven't seen any of those shows, so I can't really comment either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Obviously I get it now ------ Nope
Perhaps the haters are jealous that she got some while they can't?

Endless "Not a hater" Soul
Old 2013-06-21, 19:17   Link #22
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'll never understand why the fans get in such a tizzy when they found out that hey...guess what? Those seiyu are just like normal people with relationships, friends and *GASPS* even lovers and wives/husbands!

As for Mizuki...people hate her? I thought she was generally pretty respected by everyone in the industry; Hirano, I've read, has a diva problem.

Of course, I could be wrong...

Last edited by GDiddy; 2013-06-21 at 19:34.
Old 2013-06-21, 21:02   Link #23
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I'm sure she gets a recent bad rep due to the Kokoro Connect incident right? I'm asking this since I'm having a recent interest in seiyuu industry even though I know most of them basing solely on their names and voices.
Kita Eri isn't even related to that incident at all...she's just unlucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

As for Mizuki...people hate her? I thought she was generally pretty respected by everyone in the industry; Hirano, I've read, has a diva problem.

Of course, I could be wrong...
No, I don't think you are...AFAIK, Nana-chan is like the anego of the anisong industry. Seems to get along well with everyone
Old 2013-06-21, 21:23   Link #24
Phantom

For Nana Mizuki, she also did Rosario + Vampire's Moka voice acting...if anybody has watched that show.

I do not see how Nana Mizuki can be hated to even some extent. If you search on YouTube about one of her concerts, she has a LOT of fans.
Old 2013-06-22, 01:42   Link #25
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I have seen Nana Mizuki hate but it is like once in a blue moon rare though. I think the hate comes from people hating popular things.
Old 2013-06-22, 09:27   Link #26
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiarv2 View Post
Can someone explain what the deal with Nana Mizuki being the 2nd most hate seiyuu?
She's the undisputed most popular seiyuu artist right now, so of course she's going to have a lot of haters. Most of the hate is just people hating on what's popular rather than anything concrete, and because of Mizuki Nana's nice personality, her singing skills and her strong professionalism and attachment towards the anime industry the haters don't have a lot of ammo to use against her. Also in the last few years because of the many exposure of her strong and positive image in the main stream media she's actually bringing in a lot more positive reporting towards the anime and seiyuu industry in general thus the haters are now more sidelined then ever, so don't worry about it and just ignore all the noise.

From my memory Mizuki Nana hate was the most violent when Hirano Aya was at the peak of her popularity about 3-4 years ago when the two was more or less the undisputed number 1 and number 2 female seiyuu artist, I think a lot of it has to do with competition - the Hirano Aya fans looks at Mizuki Nana as the enemy to beat so the hate became very strong and vocal, just like sports fans became rabid in supporting their own favourite sports team, and a lot of them started to lash out against Mizuki Nana. But with Hirano Aya falling from grace and her fans abandoning her left and right coincidentally the hate towards Mizuki Nana fell as well, also with Tamura Yukari now as the undisputed number 2 but with Mizuki Nana and Tamura Yukari being on such good terms with each other you hardly see any of the hate-fest back when Hirano Aya was popular, so that's some food for thought as well (removes tinfoil hat).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Duuude, she had sex!

Do you see it now? Do you get it??
That's only a small part of the much bigger problem. The main reason is that she was all too eager to abandon her roots as a seiyuu to break into mainstream entertainment, all the scandalicous gossip merely adds fuel to the fire. Oriental culture puts a big emphasis in paying respect to your roots and she broke that taboo, even without the scandal she would have undone herself anyway but just slower.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-06-22 at 09:44.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:36   Link #27
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yukarin no 2? That's news to me..
Old 2013-06-22, 10:53   Link #28
Gunsmith Cat

I agree with the general concensus. Famous people are sometimes hated, no matter what kind of person they really are. I can't stand Justin Bieber for instance, but thats just because whenever i start my internet browser his latest mishappens are yelled at me on news pages.

I've seen some derogatory remarks regarding Nana here and there, but its mostly about her age and looks. She is 33, and thats like a grandma for some people. Thank god for all the 30-something women like Kate Beckinsale, Milla Jovovich, and so on and such. And then they pick out some lousy screen captures from live performances, like the infamous mouth half open, eyes half closed look, where anyone looks stupid with, and rag away. Its really pretty stupid, if that is the worst they come up with, she is off pretty good.

houkoholic pointet it out already, but Nana has a lot of positive traits, which can't be dimishied by poo-pooing her. She is also a very nice person, just watch the making ofs of her lives and PVs and how she is especially sweet with kids. Just look at this screenshot.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X-edLDsbIH...h54m37s120.png

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-06-23 at 01:30.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:59   Link #29
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I rarely see any negative sight towards Nana Mizuki besides her songs (and I've seen that when she's releasing a new single "Preserved Roses" with TM Revolution, used as a OP of Valvrave) and yet I've heard plenty of things about her singing talents, and I love her singing voice. From the few anime I've watched that has Mizuki, I've usually heard her voice being soft and earnest, such in the case of Tsubasa from Symphogear and Kriemhild from Valvrave, and even less, hearing her cute and slightly squeaky voice at occassions. I never hated anything by Mizuki, and that's fine for me.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-06-22, 12:16   Link #30
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yukarin no 2? That's news to me..
Apparently so because that means you aren't following the (old) news.
Top seiyuu artists sales for 2011 - first is Mizuki Nana raking in close to one hundred twenty million yen in sales (as expected), second is Sphere getting 42 million (but they are a group, so their popularity is split amongst 4 persons), third is Tamura Yukari at 19 million.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:12   Link #31
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Apparently so because that means you aren't following the (old) news.
Top seiyuu artists sales for 2011 - first is Mizuki Nana raking in close to one hundred twenty million yen in sales (as expected), second is Sphere getting 42 million (but they are a group, so their popularity is split amongst 4 persons), third is Tamura Yukari at 19 million.
Not sure using CD sales alone to judge popularity is such a good idea, someone like Sawashiro Miyuki isn't exactly known for her singing.
Old 2013-06-22, 20:06   Link #32
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I always thought HanaKana was the most popular seiyuu. Heaven knows she gets talked about more here on AS than any other seiyuu does. She also seems to be in a very wide array of anime lately.
Old 2013-06-22, 20:29   Link #33
hyl
reading #hikaributts

For otaku's HanaKana might be more popular now because she appears more in animes, however Nana is without doubt more popular in japan because she is not just a seiyuu (eventhough i don't think her anime roles actually stand out that much) but also one of the better known singers, winner of multiple music awards and she even has appeared twice on Kouhaku.
Old 2013-06-22, 21:32   Link #34
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 made a lot of news when they announced their "Yamato All Stars" singing group of 31 famous singers that are doing the opening theme for the TV series and several are doing ending songs from the series or the BD versions of the series. They made more news on the last day before broadcast when it was announced that Nana Mizuki was one of the "Yamato All Stars" and will be singing the ending theme for the final episodes of the series (to come to theaters in Japan on August 24th and BD on September 25th.)
Old 2013-06-23, 01:18   Link #35
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Not sure using CD sales alone to judge popularity is such a good idea, someone like Sawashiro Miyuki isn't exactly known for her singing.
The rationale that more units sold = more people willing to spend money on that person = more popular is over-simplified, but unfortunately it's about the only metric we have to work with in the entertainment industry, and it's no different for seiyuu. Mizuki Nana's undisputed popularity in the industry is based preciously on her personal CD income, the scale of her lives etc, otherwise, she doesn't actually do a lot of voice work for anime, usually only having one or two roles per season. If you use the number of anime characters per season/number of anime radio shows as a gauge for popularity, then compared to someone like HanaKana and Sawashiro Miyuki which could easily have 6 roles (and main characters too), Mizuki Nana would be highly unpopular, but then you'll be hard press to argue that point, unless you can prove that with shows that feature more voice-acting focused seiyuu can consistently boost income for an anime (eg no matter how crap the show is, the fans will buy a show based on their favourite seiyuu), similar to how Hollywood gauge their actors, then you may have an argument. Otherwise personal CD income = popularity, cynical but just the way the world works.

EDIT: Below is CD single sales ranking for 2012~2013 (up till May 2013) thus far for female seiyuu:
女性声優最新シングル累計

102,924 2012/08 水樹奈々 (Mizuki Nana)   BRIGHT STREAM
*22,631 2012/07 堀江由衣 (Horie Yui)    夏の約束
*22,492 2013/04 田村ゆかり (Tamura Yukari) Fantastic future 
*17,822 2013/02 井口裕香 (Iguchi Yuka)   Shining Star-☆-LOVE Letter
*16,830 2012/07 小倉唯  (Ogura Yui)   Raise
*16,091 2012/07 坂本真綾 (Sakamoto Maaya)  モアザンワーズ
*15,518 2012/10 戸松遥  (Tomatsu Haruka)   Q&A リサイタル!
*15,119 2013/01 花澤香菜 (Hanazawa Kana)   Silent Snow
*14,746 2012/08 StylipS   Choose meダーリン
*12,155 2013/05 スフィア (Sphere)  GENESIS ARIA
*12,111 2013/04 三森すずこ (Mimori Suzuko) 会いたいよ...会いたいよ!☆
*11,581 2012/12 豊崎愛生  (Toyosaki Aki) オリオンとスパンコール
*10,870 2013/01 竹達彩奈  (Taketatsu Ayana) 時空ツアーズ
*10,147 2013/01 中島愛   (Nakajima Megumi) そんなこと裏のまた裏話でしょ?
**9,173 2013/04 茅原実里  (Chihara Minori) この世界は僕らを待っていた
**9,086 2013/04 上坂すみれ (Uesaka Sumire)  七つの海よりキミの海
**8,481 2013/01 喜多村英梨 (Kitamura Eri)  Miracle Gliders
**7,915 2012/04 寿美菜子  (Kotobuki Minako) ココロスカイ
**5,267 2012/06 高垣彩陽  (Takagaki Ayahi) 月のなみだ
**4,560 2013/04 栗林みな実 (Kuribayashi Minami) ZERO!!
**3,585 2013/02 平野綾  (Hirano Aya) TOxxxIC

It's actually not too bad of a reflection of popularity as you pretty much see all the current "hot properties" reflected in the ranking, even if you adjust for some of those names on the list with their abilities to actually sing.....

Last edited by houkoholic; 2013-06-23 at 01:54.
Old 2013-06-23, 03:55   Link #36
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I don't even consider Nana-chan as primarily a seiyuu. For me, she's a singer first and foremost. And she's a major singer at that.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:27   Link #37
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I second Cosmic on that one. I've only seen a few of the anime that have her as a seiyuu, but I try to listen to as many of her songs as possible

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-06-23, 13:21   Link #38
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
o_o I had no idea she was hated. But I like her...
Old 2013-06-23, 22:07   Link #39
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Seems like (questionable) news to me. I never even thought she had any haters until this thread presented the possibility. Personally, I'm a fan but even then I've never encountered any haters, only fellow fans... and the rest who didn't know who she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Kita Eri isn't even related to that incident at all...she's just unlucky.
True, and as the creator of MAL's KitaEri fanclub, I'd say she's moved on just fine. I've not been made aware of any other hater incidents after it either. None of my members and fellow fans have reported anything.
Old 2013-06-23, 22:34   Link #40
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That incident was fucking retarded and let it be just a monument to internet failure.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread