AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-26, 12:15   Link #441
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I expected early fake spoilers ... but seems you have another topic just now 0.o

I'll be back laterz then
Mmm...maybe, but too early - I say tomorrow is a more likely day for spoilers
Old 2012-02-26, 19:21   Link #442
GrimJack

I remember reading his bizarre theories at OneManga it made me chuckle to see his name up in lights at mangahelpers, so to speak.

Me I am not really into the hows and whys of Claymore... I just really like to read it and have since I found volume 1 in my local bookstore.

It is funny how my three of my favourite ongoing manga are three hold overs from Monthly Shonen Jump

Claymore
Rosario + Vampire
Tegami Bachi
Old 2012-02-27, 01:56   Link #443
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I don't see how it matters who started it, the point is there is an interesting competition going on which won't happen here because of mods. Ideas that could make this sub-forum more lively are being shot-down and ideas that have no chance of success are being acknowledged so the way I see it HegemonKhan > Solace or most other mods.

Some rewards are stupid, e.g. the Favorite Emblem but most could lead to really interesting discussions like most underrated/overrated character, Best Entrance of a Character, Best Past or Background of a Character or Best Entrance of a Character.
Huh, I just saw best pair/couple. For whatever reason the Helen/Deneve responses kind of irked me. Then again, I know that I am clearly biased since I relish them getting hurt and nearly killed in each chapter.

Is it wrong to say that I chuckled when Priscilla tortured them? It just felt so right.

I almost wish they would do a "Who do you think should have lived instead" award or a "Who do you think should die" award.

edit: Oh, they have a funniest scene award. Almost tempted to make and account and say Priscilla torturing Deneve. Although...that may be going too far.
Old 2012-02-27, 02:23   Link #444
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Oh god, that's just...

Roflmao, I don't even know what to say to that - half of me wants to laugh, the other half wants to throw up.
Yeah... I have to agree with that. Man, Gooral must be mad as hell at the mods for saying that. The guy deletes anything that could lead to a debate and edits posters comments for BS crazy reasons often enough... but he makes stupid posts like vote for the best Claymore couple (friendship) and Gooral prefers him due to it. I'll admit the thread here has been slowing down because of how straightforward the manga has been getting and there less to speculate about but threads like that are just recipes for flame wars (why HK won't let happen) or popularity contests that cause a select group of people to feel good about themselves for winning and the other to get off at all the fools who can't see reason.

His vs threads where ok since we had to argue who would win and why... and even though we couldn't directly call anyone elses thoughts wrong we could reargue that they where incorrect. Plus most of the time they where speculative and there was no right answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraktur View Post
i'm curious now. what happened? i only know his facepalmworthy theories from mh.
Spoiler for Only since you asked, and space reasons:

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-02-27 at 03:08.
Old 2012-02-27, 04:34   Link #445
Gooral
Banned

More on-topic, I doubt we will see even a glimpse of Clare (or blob) in 124th chapter but hopefully Yagi will finish Roxanne vs. Cassandra fight. I really, really hope that Hysteria won't be stupid enough to follow Miria to where other ZAOs are fighting though. That will ruin chapter.

@Nixl
Priscilla torturing Deneve being in the competition would be hilarious, don't know why you're hesitating :P.

Last edited by monir; 2012-02-27 at 14:32.
Old 2012-02-27, 06:10   Link #446
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Spoiler for offtopic - response to Ryus and Shiek:

More on-topic, I doubt we will see even a glimpse of Clare (or blob) in 124th chapter but hopefully Yagi will finish Roxanne vs. Cassandra fight. I really, really hope that Hysteria won't be stupid enough to follow Miria to where other ZAOs are fighting though. That will ruin chapter.

@Nixl
Priscilla torturing Deneve being in the competition would be hilarious, don't know why you're hesitating :P.
Hysteria attacked Miria after Miria had blocked Cassandra's attack from hitting 1 of young Claymore twins.

So we know that Claymore form Hysteria didn't mind following Miria to Cassandra so Awakaned Hysteria will likely follow Miria and will get stuck in between Cassandra vs Roxanne.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:10   Link #447
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
I really, really hope that Hysteria won't be stupid enough to follow Miria to where other ZAOs are fighting though. That will ruin chapter.
I've already said what's the best solution to Hysteria problem. Twice. But nobody seemed to care about discussing it. Probably because if they went with it nobody would have to die and "fans" wouldn't have that now would they.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:31   Link #448
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I've already said what's the best solution to Hysteria problem. Twice. But nobody seemed to care about discussing it. Probably because if they went with it nobody would have to die and "fans" wouldn't have that now would they.
Didn't notice it, if I did I would have replied to it. Firstly, if Hysteria would need others to remind her of it she would be even bigger retard than I thought. Secondly, with her speed she could instantly go to one of the many villages and eat humans, leaving behind competition (other ZAOs). Thirdly, if that could convince ABs to not kill Claymores there would be no deaths of Claymores on missions. They would just tell them "it's pointless to kill me since you won't eat me anyway", lol. As if that would work.
It's rather obvious that Hysteria's pissed and wants to kill the ones who wanted to kill her. She also might not be aware that Claymores aren't as tasty as humans or doesn't like when food escapes from her plate and talks back or simply doesn't care.

@TimeMask
Good point but one would hope that she would learn by now that blindly following Miria isn't such a good idea (since she did it earlier and look where it got her). Not to mention that she had a perfect opportunity to kill her earlier (when Miria was being healed) but didn't do it. If she would see that Miria was going to the tornado by herself she should let her (if she wants her dead) or simply outrun her and kill her before she could do that. That's one of the reasons I do not like this plan, with Hysteria's speed it shouldn't even work but somehow Miria is faster than her now . I'm hearing she was playing around and yet everyone is alive and she can't catch even one Claymore... IMO Hysteria should massacre every Claymore letting Nike escape and tell the story to Galatea and others while Hysteria kills MiB and creates her own kingdom after she kills the winner of the Roxanne vs. Cassandra fight ;p.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:46   Link #449
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

Quote:
IMO Hysteria should massacre every Claymore letting Nike escape and tell the story to Galatea and others while Hysteria kills MiB and creates her own kingdom after she kills the winner of the Roxanne vs. Cassandra fight ;p.
Empress Hysteria. I support this :>
Old 2012-02-27, 09:22   Link #450
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Didn't notice it, if I did I would have replied to it. Firstly, if Hysteria would need others to remind her of it she would be even bigger retard than I thought.
It has nothing to do with being retarded. It was established many many times that fresh awakened beings do not think clearly (some even can't talk soon after awakening). Remember when Luciela went on rampage when she soul link experiment failed, the only casualties mentioned were warriors and trainees. There was no mention of MiBs being eaten.

Quote:
Secondly, with her speed she could instantly go to one of the many villages and eat humans, leaving behind competition (other ZAOs).
So? She goes further away. Even better.

Quote:
Thirdly, if that could convince ABs to not kill Claymores there would be no deaths of Claymores on missions. They would just tell them "it's pointless to kill me since you won't eat me anyway", lol. As if that would work.
Wrong. ABs mostly kill Claymores that are sent after them. In other words in self defense. Up until this arc only one AB has ever tried to kill a Claymore for the sole purpose of eating, Ophelia. And she was also freshly awakened, couldn't think strait and was in denial over her own awakening.

Quote:
It's rather obvious that Hysteria's pissed and wants to kill the ones who wanted to kill her. She also might not be aware that Claymores aren't as tasty as humans or doesn't like when food escapes from her plate and talks back or simply doesn't care.
Not only is it not obvious that she wants to kill the ones who wanted to kill her, it's quite the opposite. She wants to eat. She repeated that over and over again. And she wants to do it while those who she eats are alive. And if she somehow knows that guts of a live pray tastes better than a dead one than she should know that humans taste better than Claymores.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:17   Link #451
Nixl

Just posted on the awards thread on MH. I wonder if it will be deleted.

Who would have thought writing about the entertainment value of Helen and Deneve being tortured would feel so satisfying.
Old 2012-02-27, 14:09   Link #452
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I didn't notice your post as well Djoral...however

Quote:
The easiest solution, remind Hysteria that she doesn't need to eat disgusting half-yoma flesh when the Org HQ is full of tasty humans and then while she's busy munching on MiB's they collect the survivors and high tail. Two birds with one stone.
...What humans? Their are no humans in the Org HQ barring Raki (....maybe); other then that, I don't know of any humans inside the Org HQ 0_o

Unless you are seriously suggesting that the mutant ageless MiB's with glowing eyes, sunglasses, snake-heads and other creepy deformities still somehow qualify as human beings
Old 2012-02-27, 14:53   Link #453
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Let's get back on topic. If there is nothing else to talk about, then don't force a post in this thread. Wait until something comes along for the topic at hand. Thanks.

To Gooral and Others: That's enough Solace-bashing. You've presented your idea and it was rejected. Now it's time for you to move on. Harboring bitter feelings like these is only making you a small minded person who needs to repeatedly call out another to stroke your vanity. That's as overt flame-baiting as it gets. Believe me when I say, it stops here. This would be the only warning I'll give. If I see something like this again, I'll just issue a permanent ban which I'm guessing will help out all of us. It will perhaps, force you to look into the vast internet to seek out a new alternative to AnimeSuki to talk about Claymore in a way you want. As far as AnimeSuki goes, this is the best we can do in the present.

For the rest of Claymore-fans: New ideas are always welcome to improve the forum discussion and quality of posting, but please keep in mind that it's not personal if your idea isn't accepted outright. So please don't take it too hard. Thanks!
Old 2012-02-27, 15:05   Link #454
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Time for Ryus to post a what do you think will happen in ch 124 question to get everyones mind off the previous topic.

Question 1: How will long will Miria's plan work to lure Hysteria into the fight between Roxanne and Cassandra?
A) ~5 pages until she gets there, someone is easy to manipulate
B) ~10 pages of tightrope hopping before combat begins
C) 15+ pages of Miria flying like superman before her plan works
D) Doesn't matter, she just jump out of combat and reengage Miria in combat 3 panels later
E) Option D doesn't matter since once Hysteria lands in the middle of their fight Roxanne and Cassandra will realize they still love each other and agree to kill Hysteria and then share the guts of of the warriors all around them.
F) Hysteria will figure out the plan and never be lured into the fight. Choosing instead to force Miria back her way by going after fellow warriors instead (State whom you think she''ll go after first, my money would be on Anastasia, Deneve or Tabitha first.)
Old 2012-02-27, 15:23   Link #455
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Time for Ryus to post a what do you think will happen in ch 124 question to get everyones mind off the previous topic.

Question 1: How will long will Miria's plan work to lure Hysteria into the fight between Roxanne and Cassandra?
A) ~5 pages until she gets there, someone is easy to manipulate
B) ~10 pages of tightrope hopping before combat begins
C) 15+ pages of Miria flying like superman before her plan works
D) Doesn't matter, she just jump out of combat and reengage Miria in combat 3 panels later
E) Option D doesn't matter since once Hysteria lands in the middle of their fight Roxanne and Cassandra will realize they still love each other and agree to kill Hysteria and then share the guts of of the warriors all around them.
F) Hysteria will figure out the plan and never be lured into the fight. Choosing instead to force Miria back her way by going after fellow warriors instead (State whom you think she''ll go after first, my money would be on Anastasia, Deneve or Tabitha first.)
I wouldn't be surprised is Hysteria falls for Miria's plan since awakened beings can get distracted by food and Hysteria said she's very hungry.

So theres a good chance Hysteria will follow Miria and get hit by Rox or Cass. I think Cass will get revenge for her friend and kill Rox but then Cass will be killed by someone since she's a awakened being.

Option E is the most funny but also the most impossible since Rox wants to take Cass's food away, also Cass wouldn't love Rox since she killed her friend.

[off-topic]
Old 2012-02-27, 15:45   Link #456
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I think it better happen asap.

1. There has been enough stalling.
2. More importantly, the longer Miria takes, the greater the chance of Hysteria catching on, I would think.

And you bring up Hysteria jumping right out of the fight. I'm looking forward to how that won't happen. I still think it might have something to do with Roxanne's ability stealing, but this time in an awakened form. Maybe an absorption technique, or perhaps shape shifting to gain speed after seeing Hysteria. I mentioned before how I'd love to see the plan backfire because of that, despite being more of a Cassandra fan. Unless of course Hysteria just gets hit by random flailing limbs.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:24   Link #457
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I hope that Cassandra wins against Roxanne. I always liked her more.

But then this is always another option
Quote:
Great

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2012-02-27 at 16:44.
Old 2012-02-27, 21:35   Link #458
Ryus
The One Eyed King

A few 124 threads are appearing on one of our fav chinese sites... of course I'm not at home and only have access to my cell but nothing that appears a spoiler yet, anyways but now is about the earliest Id expect spoilers but more likely 24 hours from now. But maybe we can get some fake spoilers at the very least in the next few hours to get our mind off the boring past month here and recent events. (So looking forward to what "prostitute" might do to "shit eater" )

However anyone who checks those sites please if possible post a google translate of the spoiler too since I might be on my cell and cant do it myself. Thx in advance.
Old 2012-02-28, 09:41   Link #459
su5so

No spoiler yet?
I think it will be a slow chapter.
hysteria pursue Miria foolishly , and Miria will reach the two abysmal. That alone is the whole chapter, I think.

hope I'm wrong and Hysteria do not follow the Miria
or achieve before miria reaching the two abysmal. That would be more realistic.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:21   Link #460
konart

Spoiler for something:

^not even sure if it is (fake)spoiler or just some predictions\speculations

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria