AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 20.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 17.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-27, 09:10   Link #241
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Monomyth time, since it makes me feel special.

I think and hope, for time's sake, this was our Apotheosis. Some time did pass for the characters and Shu did recover. I'm not sure how he didn't die of blood loss, but we'll say Inori cauterized his wound at some point, hah.

I think we'll skip the Ultimate Boon and Refusal of the Return since we don't have enough time and it wouldn't be plausible with Inori captured and we kind of had one in the first season.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:06   Link #242
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
yup! Gai should use Arisa's void to defend against another missiles or nuclear weapons from United Nations... that way, her void will be shattered...
well, I never expect she will be like this from beginning...

Naah that wouldn't be good. She would die feeling happy that she was useful in protecting Gai and all that hijinks.
She should die a worthless death to no one benefit. Like Gai fighting Shu, Arisa standing somewhere on the side, then something blows up and she dies, while Gai doesn't even giving 1 fu$k about her. That is if authors wanted to make her suffer, otherwise it will be some retarded sacrifice death to save her prince charming, which will make her feel fulfilled.
Old 2012-02-27, 20:23   Link #243
Nihokon

After watching this episode, I ask to myself: Why am I still watching this? Why am I dropping GC every week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preview
I need to recover my right arm in order to get Inori back but where can I find it?
He will grow a crystal arm, or something similar as seen in OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~
It's another boring plot if Inori was hostaged AGAIN and Shu will gather Funeral Parlor's members to help him again...
I have a feeling that it's going to be like what you said...
It's time we save Aerith from Gai 2.0 Sephiroth, Shu.

Last edited by Nihokon; 2012-02-27 at 20:38.
Old 2012-02-28, 04:43   Link #244
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Yes, he did try to kill her. Not because of what she did to Shu, but because she dishonored him by being so addicted to Gai, and the position she THOUGHT she was going to get. His plan was simply for her to escape and return home. And after shooting him, she was pretty much like "Oh grandpa...MY MAN AWAITS!!! Teehee!" That's the way it made me feel anyway.
If your grandfather would go to such lengths in the first place to hunt you down and kill you for merely displeasing him then i can see why their relationship is so fragile to begin with.

Heck back at ep 4? Arisa already expressed displeasure about being the next head of the family.

If your family is practically a minefield of death for the rebellious and free spirited at hand and the place you have gotten dragged into turns out to be a death zone for the populace abandoned by society

and to top it all off the people who are trying to fight for you and everyones safety are idiots who have left several yanderes run loose leading to the fatal misunderstanding that the Rebel HQ is run by nazi extremists, eh it's not bad right? At least we found out that this horrible virus has some fantastic side benefits, we only need to keep those vaccines in check! Only to then find out that the very system they are using to vie for your freedom can permanently kill you at the slightest malfunction.

I'm not trying to defend Arisa but her situation was too volatile for her liking, especially when Shuu's short sightedness cut off her escape route, at best she should have taken the vaccines and ran to an abandoned shelter and called her grandfathers guards for help.

Sadly even the fucking guard that came to rescue her was too busy trying to prove his shitty self worth than taking the woman and getting the fuck out of there.
Old 2012-02-28, 07:10   Link #245
Trudinh

arisa, so it seen 80% of the people hated her and 20% of the people feel pitty for her.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:01   Link #246
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
If your grandfather would go to such lengths in the first place to hunt you down and kill you for merely displeasing him then i can see why their relationship is so fragile to begin with.

Heck back at ep 4? Arisa already expressed displeasure about being the next head of the family.

If your family is practically a minefield of death for the rebellious and free spirited at hand and the place you have gotten dragged into turns out to be a death zone for the populace abandoned by society

and to top it all off the people who are trying to fight for you and everyones safety are idiots who have left several yanderes run loose leading to the fatal misunderstanding that the Rebel HQ is run by nazi extremists, eh it's not bad right? At least we found out that this horrible virus has some fantastic side benefits, we only need to keep those vaccines in check! Only to then find out that the very system they are using to vie for your freedom can permanently kill you at the slightest malfunction.

I'm not trying to defend Arisa but her situation was too volatile for her liking, especially when Shuu's short sightedness cut off her escape route, at best she should have taken the vaccines and ran to an abandoned shelter and called her grandfathers guards for help.

Sadly even the fucking guard that came to rescue her was too busy trying to prove his shitty self worth than taking the woman and getting the fuck out of there.
Hey like everyone said, the grandfather is very samurai, and samurai is supposed to be very honorable. They will even perform harakiri(self-suicide) if their guests under their care displeased with the hospitality, so what do you think will happen when the next heir has defected from the family and aligned with the enemy? What Arisa's grandfather did was act according to the samurai code and family honour, and as he stopped at the last moment clearly he loves Arisa. Can't said the same thing about Arisa...

Well actually this is what really bothered me about Arisa's situation. I get that she's obsessed with Gai, but then she's supposed to be a coward and scared for her life (the main reason she did the coup d'etat) so why she didn't just go back home to her grandfather? What's the point joining Gai's army and further endangering her life when the rest of students already escaped and reunited with their family? And it isn't Japan is in any peril danger with that leukocytes hanging around, might as well stayed at home and watched Gai on tv.

So I guess I kind of understand why Arisa somehow stayed with Gai, but I really can't accept it as a whole. I guess to me the previous Arisa will just flee and go home. Even Yahiro and Kanon did that and didn't bother anymore with Shu and others when they were able to escape.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:25   Link #247
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
You know when bad shit happens on a worldwide scale. People tend to remember the main "villain" who caused such crap to happen. However, their lackeys are usually remembered as well and sometimes their children and children children are scorned because of what their ancestors did. If you were Arisa's grandfather would you want your family linked to the organization that basically tried to destroy the damn world as we know it. Keep in mind the eastern way of thinking not western. I wont say what he tried to do was right but i can understand it. He tried to remove the shame he felt that had been or will be cast on his family name, but even in the end he could not bring himself to give the final blow. The only reason Arisa got the shot off was because he stopped. That scene showed that even though it looked like honor was more important than anything to him it was not, the love for grandchild was still stronger than reclaiming his sense of honor.

In my opinion being killed at the hands of her grandfather would have been a lot less painless than what shes going to go through in the future. She is going to wish her grandfathers blade would have finished the job.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:31   Link #248
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I didn't see anyone suggesting that maybe what Arisa's grandfather planned on doing all along was what actually happened - namely, die honorably (in his mind). His look, when he was shot by her, was quite characteristic, to me...

Oh, well.

Old 2012-02-28, 10:31   Link #249
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
In my opinion being killed at the hands of her grandfather would have been a lot less painless than what shes going to go through in the future. She is going to wish her grandfathers blade would have finished the job.
I think the old man did that since it he thought it was the only way to get through to her. I am hoping his death sparks something inside her. I bet Gai would need to betray her to light the fuse but you know what I mean.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:48   Link #250
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I think he went there fully intending to give her an honorable death but when it came time to strike he could not do it, because of his love for her. Hence why he said "I have grown weak". This would suggest he allowed his emotional attachment to persuade him from doing what he felt he must.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:57   Link #251
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I think he went there fully intending to give her an honorable death but when it came time to strike he could not do it, because of his love for her. Hence why he said "I have grown weak". This would suggest he allowed his emotional attachment to persuade him from doing what he felt he must.
Ahh.... you are correct. Well, waste of a cool old dude then.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:59   Link #252
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Ahh.... you are correct. Well, waste of a cool old dude then.
True he may have been old but i sure as hell wouldn't fuck with him. He took out 3 armed military guards with a sword and a kunai. That is the definition of bad ass in my book.
Old 2012-02-28, 11:48   Link #253
jcdietz03

I think the shooting is unrealistic. If the swordfighter is in range and in the middle of a swing, the only ways to stop it are armor, your own blade or dodging. A single gunshot won't do it. Even a shotgun might not be enough. It is a cool scene though.
Old 2012-02-28, 12:00   Link #254
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
I think the shooting is unrealistic. If the swordfighter is in range and in the middle of a swing, the only ways to stop it are armor, your own blade or dodging. A single gunshot won't do it. Even a shotgun might not be enough. It is a cool scene though.
You are misunderstanding the scene. Arisa was able to shoot because her grandfather stopped, he could not bring himself to go through with it. A sword user of his caliber could easily stop his sword in mid-swing iv personally seen it done. Arisa would have been toast if he had continued and the only reasons she landed the shot was because he was so close. She closed her eyes and turned away during the swing and pulled the trigger out of instinct.
Old 2012-02-28, 16:39   Link #255
Trudinh

OR maybe he know that his daughter turning "EVIL" and the only honerable way is to take her out himself. to make sure she doesn't disgrace the family name.
Old 2012-02-28, 23:52   Link #256
justsomeguy

Episode 18:
* Yay, the assholes finally died! Arisa also gets snubbed and treated as just another grunt! She ends up having to kill grandpa too. Very well deserved.
* 256 Leukocytes, in the same ridiculous figure-8 "orbit" as before? This is bullshit. How the hell could the Antibodies finance, build, launch, and operate these things without anybody else noticing?
* The Da'at. There's only 4 episodes left, but the writers are sticking in a secret society conspiracy now?
* Haruka: "Now you are free from the king's burden. You should live." Good job, mom. You've made it harder for him to survive.
* I think that's the first time I've seen an explosion in the background blow anybody away during a pose before. Of course, the huge B2 explosion in the beginning did not affect clone Gai at all.
* Is Shu finally going to become a badass? I think this is like the fifth or sixth time now.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-02-28, 23:57   Link #257
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
OR maybe he know that his granddaughter turning "EVIL" and the only honerable way is to take her out himself. to make sure she doesn't disgrace the family name.
Fixed that for you
Old 2012-02-29, 03:53   Link #258
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
OR maybe he know that his daughter turning "EVIL" and the only honerable way is to take her out himself. to make sure she doesn't disgrace the family name.
I can't say I can condone honor killings...
Old 2012-02-29, 07:07   Link #259
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can't say I can condone honor killings...
Don't bother, their hate for Arisa is clouding their judgment, if everyone was like Grandpa, mass murder sprees would be a common occurrence.
Old 2012-02-29, 07:27   Link #260
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Don't bother, their hate for Arisa is clouding their judgment, if everyone was like Grandpa, mass murder sprees would be a common occurrence.
Well actually if Grandpa is on Shu's side then of course Arisa will be his enemy, I even initially thought he went inside to find Shu but apparently not.....

But then the whole situation seems out of place of me, but Arisa's family is a samurai/yakuza family so it is reasonable that the Grandpa will hunt down Arisa who defected their clan, so yeah every yakuza family will act the same way as Grandpa if their members betrayed their clan. They are yakuza after all, what do you expect?
Closed Thread