AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-08-25, 01:31   Link #1061
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I would replace either the Baha Weapon or the GW dagger depends on your set up.

Oh, and here you are Xeno Spear out of a red chest.
The event is suddenly now on easy mode.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 01:52   Link #1062
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
P.S., I hate using the damage calculator. -_-
It is about time for you to learn using it. I don't want to sound rude, but if we keep spoonfeeding you, there is little to no chance of progression when peculiar situations arise. This is all too similar to the period where you didn't understand why Tiamat guns and stuff were so good.
Old 2017-08-25, 03:24   Link #1063
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
If there's a version that isn't confusing as heck, I'm all for it.

And what's wrong with asking other players what they think about something? If I was asking as much of the game as you seem to think I am without trying to figure it out for myself, I wouldn't be half as p[rogressed in the game as I am.
Enmity weapons were a different thing because at the time I didn't realize how easy it was to keep your party alive at lower HP; it was strongly against the gaming philosophy I'd been playing games on up 'til then, so I never considered how much damage it would do to use them. In my mind until that point, "Less than high HP = BAD."
Old 2017-08-25, 06:43   Link #1064
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
What? When does the Xeno Spear is going to matter at all to Zephyrus grid?
Oh, is that so? I thought the lack of powerful weapons on par with Bolt Omega was what was keeping Zephyrus on the Vortex Dragon-tier. So unknown weapons don't boost primal grids at all?

Quote:
And what's wrong with asking other players what they think about something?
Absolutely nothing. The veteran players on Animesuki have been a lot of help to me and other players. But, umm, don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps the problem is with your argumentativeness and lack of gratitude? I skimmed through your posts for the past 10 pages or so and saw you ask questions, get answers and follow up with more questions/complaints/arguments. How about a little "thank you very much" every once in a while?
Old 2017-08-25, 10:07   Link #1065
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Absolutely nothing. The veteran players on Animesuki have been a lot of help to me and other players. But, umm, don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps the problem is with your argumentativeness and lack of gratitude? I skimmed through your posts for the past 10 pages or so and saw you ask questions, get answers and follow up with more questions/complaints/arguments. How about a little "thank you very much" every once in a while?
Well if I'd known people were sensitive about that on this thread I would have said something. But I've been frequenting this forum since '04, and I've asked questions and answered questions and a lot of times neither side went out of their way to say thanks, but we knew it was there. If people on this thrdad want to see it said though I can do that no problem, but just because I don't specifically say thanks doesn't mean I'm going "Grawr, gimme my damn answers!" behind my screen.
As for being "argumentative," I didn't know replying back with my side of things counted as that. -_- I've seen argumentative and been argumentative on these forums, and what I've said in this thread doesn't quite fall under that.
And as for complaining, nobody should be taking insult or difference to my complaining about my rotten luck in the game since obviously nobody here has anything to do with that. It's not like I'm the only one who brings up their bad luck, either.
Old 2017-08-25, 10:45   Link #1066
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Oh, is that so? I thought the lack of powerful weapons on par with Bolt Omega was what was keeping Zephyrus on the Vortex Dragon-tier. So unknown weapons don't boost primal grids at all?
One or two unknown weapon is good for magna grid, that's Unknown weapon's main use now.
For Zephyrus grid, it became useful now because TA weapon showed up. High TA rate can be a massive boost in damage compare to a simple Tiamat gun grid.
Just Zephyrus is still behind Agni and Hades in that there is no Enmity weapon that can work with Zephyrus.
But as long as TA weapon is around, Zephyrus still has its use.
Old 2017-08-25, 13:12   Link #1067
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If there's a version that isn't confusing as heck, I'm all for it.
Motocal is the most accurate and probably the least confusing out of the bunch. Just read all fields title and fill them appropriately.
if you are confused about how it works, it would be easier to just ask someone IRL who knows how to use it and show it to you. At worst, asking here or reddit etc works too, but written explanations aren't as good as a direct demonstration.
Quote:
And what's wrong with asking other players what they think about something? If I was asking as much of the game as you seem to think I am without trying to figure it out for myself, I wouldn't be half as p[rogressed in the game as I am.
It isn't really a problem about "asking questions", but more like your questions are cycling around the very same topic most of the time: what weapon configurations, and the solution to that issue is deliberately neglected from your part.
It is just extremely tiring when the only reponse I get after the normal suggestion is "I hate using it". If you deliberately don't want to use the relevant tool that will fix your issues on short, medium and long run, I can't help but think you are being lazy instead of trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.

I couldn't care less about people's gratitude when I answer them. But it is extremely tiring to spoonfeed at some point, because instead of helping, I'm basically doing things that could have been done by the person who keep asking the same thing.
This is pretty different compared to "character impression" and analysis, where things can be a little harder to figure out if you don't have the exact same roster than somebody else. But regarding weapon composition, there is just no excuse whatsoever considering the tool itself is tailored for a very personal use. Raw data don't have any bias and the calculator also suggests other "less optimal" compositions which help a lot regarding what kind of choice you'd make in the end (this, for example, would give you an idea how many Bhaal guns is "too many" when you see the number of HP left).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-08-25 at 13:32.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 18:38   Link #1068
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't really a problem about "asking questions", but more like your questions are cycling around the very same topic most of the time: what weapon configurations, and the solution to that issue is deliberately neglected from your part.
It is just extremely tiring when the only reponse I get after the normal suggestion is "I hate using it". If you deliberately don't want to use the relevant tool that will fix your issues on short, medium and long run, I can't help but think you are being lazy instead of trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.
Well, I'll give Motocal a shot this time after I get done with my business today.
I don't ignore the solution, I ask because I've tried the solution and it keeps not working for me. And I "keep asking"" about weapon configurations because beyond the standard ratio of weapon types, which doesn't even hold all the time, you have all these different kinds of weapons that I don't know about. The calculator never would have told me about the Gisla or Ancient Cortana. I've said this before, there are huge lists of different weapons and it's very easy to miss some pretty big ones, which is why I ask people who know about them.
I hate using it because I can't get the dang thing to work for me. You make it sound like I took one look at it and didn't bother. I most certainly have bothered, which is why I hate it. It's hate born from frustration due to multiple failed attempts.

Quote:
I couldn't care less about people's gratitude when I answer them. But it is extremely tiring to spoonfeed at some point, because instead of helping, I'm basically doing things that could have been done by the person who keep asking the same thing.
This is pretty different compared to "character impression" and analysis, where things can be a little harder to figure out if you don't have the exact same roster than somebody else. But regarding weapon composition, there is just no excuse whatsoever considering the tool itself is tailored for a very personal use. Raw data don't have any bias and the calculator also suggests other "less optimal" compositions which help a lot regarding what kind of choice you'd make in the end (this, for example, would give you an idea how many Bhaal guns is "too many" when you see the number of HP left).
Same as above, it's not ignoring or neglect, it's frustration with being unable to get it to work for me.
Old 2017-08-26, 02:11   Link #1069
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

New post for time gap.

So I'm trying out Motocal now, and while for the most part it's much more friendly and understandable, the summons and results page have me stumped. And I don't know anybody IRL who plays GBF, so here and Reddit are the only things I have to consult.

So why does the summon page ask for multiple sets of summons? Looking at the list for one set, it should only need one and I'm guessing adding more sets is for comparison on the results page, but it won't let me remove the other two summon lists' it only resets them to base parameters when I hit "Remove." So what am I missing here?

And the results page I just don't get at all. I honestly don't know where to begin with how confusing the results page is just looking at No.1. (Which is my correct summon setup)

This is the link to it.
Old 2017-08-26, 06:07   Link #1070
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Summon part asks you several set in case you want to test several configuration (be it your summons or your friend).

For example, let's assume you have:
-Athena
-Bhaal
-Apollon
-Order Grande
-Shiva

That's a lot of good utility summons, but they all have different raw/hp stats, so you can simply have a second set of summons reflecting the stats and see the different of performance (for example, you might want to keep Shiva all the time, but since it isn't a 4* summon and takes a while before being available, you might have a better result with higher raw summons for battle that last less than 10 turns).
OTOH, you can also try some special combination such as double magna, which is quite relevant for Wind and Fire. This is particularly true if you have 1 specific main summon and 4 sub summons but have a lot of friends with different summons.

And the result page is self explanatory: it tries other weapn configuration and display what kind of damage and HP you would have with them.

For instance, my configuration.
With 100% hp, the Magna/Element composition deals more damage than magna/magna with the exact same weapon configuration. This composition suggests 2 lances.

However, if you start fudging the remaining HP, it goes like this:
At 91%, Magna/Magna is nearing close to Magna/Element and only needs 1 spear.
At 78%, it is the turn of Magna/Element to only need 1 spear. Note that around that specific % HP, Magna Magna deal the same damage as Magna/Element and start overtaking Magna/Element with any lower HP.

That's simply the magic of motocal: it allows you to add variables such as remaining HP or buffs and see how it affects your overall performance.
With that example, you can make a decision: a second spear loses its usefulness if you can maintain your HP equal or lower to 78% most of the time. If you have means to do so, it is no longer worth to farm a second spear. However, you can also decide if the gain of damage at 100% is worth it compared to 100% HP with just 1 spear. And for a better comparaison in term of damage per HP difference, click on the "add to graph" button for the compositions you want to compare and then go to the "enmity graph" and the graph will show the damage variation based on remaining HP.
It goes without saying that it also helps figuring out if a "low atk UP but high DATA weapon" will help you or not as average damage also calculate the party damage with an average number of attacks.

That's the whole point of a table showing your several results: the "most optimal result" in term of raw damage doesn't mean much if the conditions to have that average damage result isn't really feasible.
For instance, if you try a zeus composition with Chevalier Swords and Hector bow, 3 bows look good at first, but when you start tweaking slightly the HP, it isn't hot anymore, so using other stuff like an Omega sword and only 1 bow give the best compromise in another setup.

This is even more true if you start putting characters as the motocal will take in consideration average damage dealt by your character (and this is where a Omega or Cosmo weapon might make or break the composition).
This is the very reason I strongly encouraged anyone to use this tool because weapons and characters rosters are quite different between players, which can give you an idea if you should commit with a certain weapon farming or not depending of its impact on your already established roster.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-08-26 at 06:23.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 00:59   Link #1071
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Did my first ever spark. Nothing but moons and i finally have my first legfes limited character...but i had to spark for that. Didn't get zooey or diantha.

At least i got Baha and Alexiel/Brodiel so that comforted a bit.
Old 2017-08-28, 16:14   Link #1072
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Did my first ever spark. Nothing but moons and i finally have my first legfes limited character...but i had to spark for that. Didn't get zooey or diantha.
That's horrible, I'm so sorry. I did a 10-pull, got a dupe Satan and noped on out of there.
Old 2017-09-08, 04:44   Link #1073
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

17m player celebration magnafest. Time to work on that Zeus/Varuna grid
Old 2017-09-08, 08:52   Link #1074
AnimeFangirl

I'm ready to pull my 13 R Skeletons and maybe a Clay Golem if I'm lucky.
Old 2017-09-23, 03:19   Link #1075
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Wow, I am impressed by the latest GBF OST.
As in I am super impressed. There is a significant improvement on the sound quality this time.
Those who hasn't purchased it, go do it now! It is far more worth it than spending on the gacha!
Old 2017-10-05, 11:22   Link #1076
Kurohane

A Cardcaptor Sakura Collab coming soon?! YES!! This is something I never knew I wanted. And oh gosh, did they get the original seiyuu for that voice clip?

Edit: It is!!! Ah~, and Catch You Catch Me is playing on the event page.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2017-10-07 at 11:18.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 17:21   Link #1077
AnimeFangirl

The day I get anything higher than an R from a free daily draw, it will rain goats and monkeys.
Old 2017-10-14, 05:29   Link #1078
Insaint

Can't decide whether to go for this dark unk staff or wait out for the xeno weapon
Insaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 16:09   Link #1079
AnimeFangirl

How good is your light team? If you're confident you can FLB at least one Xeno Diablo weapon then you don't need this dark unknown. You can get the Qilin Sword in the meantime.
Old 2017-10-22, 21:15   Link #1080
zerodragon

so how is everybody luck with free draws? i got luck and pulled Feena last week and Rosamia today.