AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 09:44   Link #261
zero7090

i wonder why they dont mention the reason chiruzu like kouta - the sunshower. It could make the anime better
btw: doesnt anime or any fiction product show man' dream ?
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:47   Link #262
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

People should just enjoy ecchi for what it is, and not take the show seriously at all. Maybe it would be more fun if it went for the crazy angle aka Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, though i don't mind the way it's going about things.

Some people are just taking it far to serious.
Old 2008-04-13, 10:01   Link #263
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

sigh...

It is completely beyond me as to why people expect more than ecchi from a show like Kanokon. The writers made it abundantly clear in episode one this would be a fan service show, and that isn't going to change. So if you're thinking of dropping the series for that reason, do yourself a favor and just drop it now.

You have to come at these ecchi series with a different mindset. If you watch expecting some stellar animation and an intriguing plot, you're going to be disappointed every time.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:02   Link #264
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
HAHA!...that made me laugh in agreement

Well, maybe not to the point I am dropping this right off but it is getting there...(1 more chance...just 1 more...).

I think the point is that there is good ecchi and there is bad ecchi. Even with a poor storyline sometimes I even watch just for the service (*cough rosario*) but when not even the service is done in a way that is enjoyable ie forcefull raping of a character that is a total turn off, then it becomes a problem than not ever service can save a series.
yeah but the fact that THIS service does not appeal to YOU does not make it -bad- service..
and starting to argue about what kind of service is good (ie tsundere service, loli service, oppai service and so on) is plain stupid..
this is a shota-oppai-fox-whatever service.. you may prefer some other kind but as i already said all of this was obvious from the trailer.. actually if this was any different from what it is then the trailer would have been misleading..
so in any case it comes out as plain bashing with no point whatsoever it's about the same as someone watching ichigo marshmallow and bitching about there being no action..
series which are based on service are pretty simple, either you like the main(or not-so-main) girls or you don't.
expecting it to entertain you with some other thing when it doesn't really try and then complaining really ain't gonna get you anywhere..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:21   Link #265
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'm not saying that my representation of the series represents the opinions of everyone, ofcouse they are going to differ from people to people. I am just saying how I feel for this series and maybe others may feel the same. It wouldn't or shouldn't stop any others who enjoy it for what it is.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:30   Link #266
Jiyuu

well it didn't sound that way from your post..
and it's not like I'm saying that you should like this service,
I'm just saying that bashing a series for doing what it was advertising to do is pointless and is just plain trolling..
Old 2008-04-13, 10:42   Link #267
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Reading between the lines, much? I never got anything from DKZ's post that would be construed as 'fact' rather than just a statement of his/her opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Maybe it would be more fun if it went for the crazy angle aka Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, though i don't mind the way it's going about things.
You mean to say that Kanokon as of right now isn't going for a 'crazy angle'?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:44   Link #268
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

well, at every angle, it looks damn crazy to me.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:58   Link #269
Jiyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
^
Reading between the lines, much? I never got anything from DKZ's post that would be construed as 'fact' rather than just a statement of his/her opinion.

well re-reading his post it does seem like he could have been talking about it as an opinion,
so I'm sorry i kinda grouped him with the other guy, but his post was kinda ambiguous in the way he was phrasing himself, but it's still my mistake for assuming that he was talking in "as if" facts so yeah, sorry.
Old 2008-04-13, 11:03   Link #270
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
It's crazy, just not on the same level as past ecchi shows that people seem to enjoy.
Old 2008-04-13, 11:06   Link #271
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
well re-reading his post it does seem like he could have been talking about it as an opinion,
so I'm sorry i kinda grouped him with the other guy, but his post was kinda ambiguous in the way he was phrasing himself, but it's still my mistake for assuming that he was talking in "as if" facts so yeah, sorry.
It's okey, I didn't take it personal
Quote:
It's crazy, just not on the same level as past ecchi shows that people seem to enjoy.
Well, I will say that the level is about the same as ninomiya kun but the content isn't something that all people like watching.

But I did get a mindless laugh out of the lock and key...ahh shugo chara ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:08   Link #272
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, I will say that the level is about the same as ninomiya kun but the content isn't something that all people like watching.
Eh, you really think the wacky level is the same? Man, Ninomiya-kun was complete over the top madness from start until finish. I've never come across an eechi show that was that wacky, and that's why i'll forever love the series.

This is just a couple of spirits loving a boy. Simple and enjoyable.
Old 2008-04-13, 11:18   Link #273
Julius Firefocht

Kanokon Ep 2 is awesome, and I declare this show to be a must watch for all ecchi anime fans!

Think of it as a companion to the similarly ecchi To-Love Ru, except even To-Love Ru pales in comparison to this.

Chizuru has to be one of Ayako Kawasumi's best roles to date. Probably only someone with her magnitude of experience can pull it off well and convincingly. Just hearing her in Chizuru's role is already one of the greatest sinful pleasures of this season!

I don't understand why all the critics are out in force to criticize this show for its supposed weaknesses. The writers and directors knew full well what their target audience was, and they crafted Kanokon with the express purpose of pleasing said target audience, a task in which they succeeded admirably.

Seeing and hearing Chizuru makes me feel hot and bothered. Mission Accomplished. Full Stop. Any other expectations of grandiose storylines or awesome animation should be transferred to the other shows out this season.
Expecting a pair of big, hot and delicious foxy flavoured pork buns to taste like oranges is not only unreasonable, but unrealistic!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:25   Link #274
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Eh, you really think the wacky level is the same?
While this isn't directed to me, all I can do is reiterate Supahem's post... 'well, at every angle, it looks damn crazy to me.' Maybe even moreso than Ninomiya-kun, but I'd rather not go into that topic....

Quote:
This is just a couple of spirits loving a boy. Simple and enjoyable.
I would've said the same thing if I wasn't aware of the fact of how they love the boy. Particularly the more, let's say, 'agressive' one.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:34   Link #275
Jiyuu

it's not that what that is happening in the anime is crazy..
it's what the anime, as an anime, shows that is crazy..

people having sex is not crazy(tho doing so in the street with a kekkai is a bit XD)
but having an anime which is not hentai show(well almost XDD) that is pretty crazy XDD
Old 2008-04-13, 13:03   Link #276
kujoe
from head to heel

I think this is one of these shows that you either like or hate, or if this is one of those shows that you think deserves a low rating based on the foxgirl-shouta action itself, then it's that kind of show which you either get or don't get at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf
You still have a brain to claim? I think mine has already turned to mush. Uh, I'm glad I watched this streamed, rather than waste time on downloads. I suppose it'll be good for days when I'm completely stuck and simply need to spazz out.
Of course, I do. I seem to have a full plate of anime to watch this season, so I'm still going to need it. But I'm glad that Kanokon occupies the WTF ecchi category for me.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:07   Link #277
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Okay.

There were a total of 3 funny moments in that episode. For the first 7 minutes, I can see that the series is trying to be funny, but it just failed. However, people don't watch show for plot, and even arguably, not for comedy. If fanservice is all that they care about, then it's a great show, because seriously, it does go to the limit.

For me, I'll give it a couple more episodes.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:10   Link #278
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
Kanokon Ep 2 is awesome, and I declare this show to be a must watch for all ecchi anime fans!

Think of it as a companion to the similarly ecchi To-Love Ru, except even To-Love Ru pales in comparison to this.

Chizuru has to be one of Ayako Kawasumi's best roles to date. Probably only someone with her magnitude of experience can pull it off well and convincingly. Just hearing her in Chizuru's role is already one of the greatest sinful pleasures of this season!

I don't understand why all the critics are out in force to criticize this show for its supposed weaknesses. The writers and directors knew full well what their target audience was, and they crafted Kanokon with the express purpose of pleasing said target audience, a task in which they succeeded admirably.

Seeing and hearing Chizuru makes me feel hot and bothered. Mission Accomplished. Full Stop. Any other expectations of grandiose storylines or awesome animation should be transferred to the other shows out this season.
Expecting a pair of big, hot and delicious foxy flavoured pork buns to taste like oranges is not only unreasonable, but unrealistic!
Couldn't have said it better myself. Who knew that Ayako Kawasumi could voice a sexual predator so well?

I hope there's another sloppy kiss scene too. That last one so erotic...
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:49   Link #279
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, let's see...

I just realized how different the manga and the anime are. For one thing, the portrayal of Chizuru in the manga is actually less daring than what is found in the anime. There's this scene of Chizuru anticipating Kouta's reaction to her cooking for example, and that alone changes the way her character is portrayed. Moreover, the manga shows Chizuru citing her reasons for her feelings, though I'm not sure what it really means. Nonetheless, it shows that there is more than what meets the eye, and with Nozomu seemingly not making her appearance yet for quite some time, perhaps there will be more development between the two.

Some scenes are very different as well, such as the part where Tayura walks in on Chizuru and Kouta in the classroom—not to mention, the guy's a siscon even though he seems to have a thing for Asahina. (Actually, this scene is better in the manga in my opinion.) Even what seems to be the first story arc seems to be very different.

I'm not sure how it's like with the novels, but it's a shame they weren't able to include these details in the anime. It might have been actually better.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:59   Link #280
X207
Gamyūsa

imo kanokon is a series that is best watched when the brain/thinking is removed during the process of watching the series.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, furry, kemonomimi, licensed, school life, shounen, xebec