AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-01, 00:29   Link #781
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli View Post
One thing that has been arousing my curiousity as of late....I've noticed that Hagino/Ekaril does not share most of the racial characteristics of the Arume other than their ability to "fly" and their eerie blue eyes. She's dark haired and far more human looking than I would expect. Could it be that she is possibly one of the first human/Arume hybrids?
Nope. Mariel and Misato (from the Bokura and the original manga respectively) are also black haired, and both are totally Arume. Also, taking in account her clone and her daughter, the original Rumi (who only appears in the radio drama) most likely has black hair too. And IMO Hagino is not more human looking than any other black haired Arume. In fact I find Hagino to be quite similar to Misato.
Old 2007-12-01, 05:05   Link #782
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Nope. Mariel and Misato (from the Bokura and the original manga respectively) are also black haired, and both are totally Arume. Also, taking in account her clone and her daughter, the original Rumi (who only appears in the radio drama) most likely has black hair too. And IMO Hagino is not more human looking than any other black haired Arume. In fact I find Hagino to be quite similar to Misato.
Since the anime is really NOT supposed to follow the manga quite so closely and is supposed to separate from it, technically, my theory is possible.
Old 2007-12-01, 06:58   Link #783
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Since the anime is really NOT supposed to follow the manga quite so closely and is supposed to separate from it, technically, my theory is possible.
It's not separate from it, it's covering a different time period in the same universe. Read or Die has a similar thing going on.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:08   Link #784
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
It's not separate from it, it's covering a different time period in the same universe. Read or Die has a similar thing going on.
Perhaps I should clarify. When I mean separate, I mean that, if we are assuming that things are going on within a different time frame, naturally events, technologies, etc will differ (especially within the time frame we are speaking of), even differ dramatically. Yui and Magino weren't even born yet in this particular time frame and it's quite possible that, due to changes in their Arume evolution over that long time period (a bit more than 300 years if memory serves) as a result of anything from genetic manipulation to accidental introduction of human traits into their species the Arume could have changed. Since the anime really doesn't follow the current manga (other than a timeline introduced on the website and the introduction of Emul Force), we can't really count either of the manga for information other than to speculate on possible outcomes in this particular story.

Read or Die is a different animal (I've read the manga series and watched the anime, including the Read or Die: Paper Sisters where the ROD characters are reintroduced) and I don't find that a very good example of what I am talking about here.

I mean, humans of today looked quite different from humans of 300 to 1000 yrs ago and we share DNA and characteristics of a few different species. Why couldn't the same thing happen with the Arume? When you look at all of the other characters IN THE ANIME, Hagino is in striking contrast. I am not referring to any events in either manga because, really, they have no bearing on the anime as it stands now. The only thing both media follow, for all intents and purposes, is the timeline thus far.
Old 2007-12-01, 10:18   Link #785
JediNight
キズランダム

She won't stop killing catgirls =*(

=P
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:39   Link #786
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Oi oi, I'll have you know those catgirls like being tortured by me

Besides, if anyone has a better theory (or something more fun), I'd love to hear it. Surely we're not all just waiting impatiently (read: insanely) for the next episode to air so that we can watch every kilobyte download in anticipation? Not that I do that or anything.
Old 2007-12-01, 12:52   Link #787
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Yui and Magino weren't even born yet in this particular time frame and it's quite possible that, due to changes in their Arume evolution over that long time period (a bit more than 300 years if memory serves) as a result of anything from genetic manipulation to accidental introduction of human traits into their species the Arume could have changed. Since the anime really doesn't follow the current manga (other than a timeline introduced on the website and the introduction of Emul Force), we can't really count either of the manga for information other than to speculate on possible outcomes in this particular story.

I mean, humans of today looked quite different from humans of 300 to 1000 yrs ago and we share DNA and characteristics of a few different species. Why couldn't the same thing happen with the Arume? When you look at all of the other characters IN THE ANIME, Hagino is in striking contrast. I am not referring to any events in either manga because, really, they have no bearing on the anime as it stands now. The only thing both media follow, for all intents and purposes, is the timeline thus far.
The black hair may not be as common as those of the white variety, but is not imposible either. And BTW, the Bokura manga takes place only 10 years after the anime series, and Mariel was a commander on the main invasion fleet. And yeah, she has black hair.
Old 2007-12-01, 13:33   Link #788
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Mariel was a commander on the main invasion fleet.
Ooh, you're right. I wonder if we'll get to see her animated at some point. That'd be a fun little easter egg to stick in the anime.
おつかれちんちーん!!
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 14:03   Link #789
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Ooh, you're right. I wonder if we'll get to see her animated at some point. That'd be a fun little easter egg to stick in the anime.
おつかれちんちーん!!
That would be so awesome!! Also...

Spoiler for Ma-chan:

EDIT: watched episode 9 with subs, and damn what a powerful episode (emotionally-wise). I could feel Hagino's pain and sadness during the last scene.

That aside, with Hagino's revelation about the Arume's intentions, the anime finally begins to tie with the bokura manga.

Spoiler for episode 9:

We already knew that, but it's nice to have it mentioned in the anime, as it gives a sense of continuity with the overall storyline.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-12-01 at 15:26.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 16:31   Link #790
mdauben

I just downloaded the latest Floser sub of ep 9, and on playing it I'm not getting any sound (tried both WMP and MPC). Has anyone else tried to watch this sub yet?
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 16:41   Link #791
Omfgbbqwtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I just downloaded the latest Floser sub of ep 9, and on playing it I'm not getting any sound (tried both WMP and MPC). Has anyone else tried to watch this sub yet?
I watched it on VLC player, nothing wrong with it
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 17:10   Link #792
Atreides6874

I tried watching it with Zoomplayer and MPC and I can't get any sound. I didn't have any problems with the other subs by Floser.
Atreides6874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 17:49   Link #793
foux

Quote:
To those who have problems with AUDIO:
Haali media splitter dosn't split this mp4 container version correctly so you will get only video.
So in mplayer classic press O (options) -> internal filters -> source filters ( tick mp4 ) -> ok
and it plays it back perfectly, OR use VLCplayer.
worked for me with mpc.
foux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 17:50   Link #794
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
this tag was added on the trackersite if anyone missed it:

Quote:
To those who have problems with AUDIO:
Haali media splitter dosn't split this mp4 container version correctly so you will get only video.
So in mplayer classic press O (options) -> internal filters -> source filters ( tick mp4 ) -> ok
and it plays it back perfectly, OR use VLCplayer.
unfortunatly it doesnt work for me using mplayer so i had to get VLC - which works fine

edit: lol haxx speed ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 18:49   Link #795
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by foux View Post
worked for me with mpc.
Doesn't work for me. I followed the instructions and still no sound. I tired VLC player, too, and it just crashes when I try to open ep 9 (which is nothing unusual for that POS program).

None of the other Floser subs I watched had this problem, so I suppose I will just have to wait for them to hopefully fix this release.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 19:08   Link #796
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Doesn't work for me. I followed the instructions and still no sound. I tired VLC player, too, and it just crashes when I try to open ep 9 (which is nothing unusual for that POS program).

None of the other Floser subs I watched had this problem, so I suppose I will just have to wait for them to hopefully fix this release.
Or you could just download the tcpmp player, which doesn't even requiere installation, and watch the episode right away. Like VLCplayer, tcpmp doesn't need external splitters and codecs, and episode 9 works just fine on it.
Old 2007-12-01, 19:14   Link #797
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by foux View Post
worked for me with mpc.
Doesn't work for me, either, but well, VLC it is. Maybe there is a problem with their encoding?
Old 2007-12-01, 19:16   Link #798
Lesca

Quote:
Or you could just download the tcpmp player, which doesn't even requiere installation, and watch the episode right away.
Could try installing ffdshow as well, heard thats good.

Seeing it subbed makes me want to see ep 10 even more now. It's not often that an anime can really get me thinking about the story in detail like this, although I'm often wrong with my ideas
Old 2007-12-01, 20:24   Link #799
faol

I had trouble playing floser Blue Drop 08 and 09 with mplayer on Linux and MacOS X. It seems that the audio is stored strangely in the mp4 container, in a way mplayer doesn't like. I used MP4Box to extract the mp3 audio (mplayer -dumpaudio yielded a corrupt stream), then remuxed into an mkv container. It played correctly after this.
faol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 21:12   Link #800
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by faol View Post
I had trouble playing floser Blue Drop 08 and 09 with mplayer on Linux and MacOS X. It seems that the audio is stored strangely in the mp4 container, in a way mplayer doesn't like. I used MP4Box to extract the mp3 audio (mplayer -dumpaudio yielded a corrupt stream), then remuxed into an mkv container. It played correctly after this.
Thanks for sharing but I don't like to remux it to mkv. Last time I tried that, it really messed up my codecs. But I had so many codecs back then that it was a big mess anyway.

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri