AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-01, 21:19   Link #801
Kazu-kun

Ok guys, the technical stuff is interesting (not really) and all but let's go back on topic please! Episode 9 was great on many levels and I'd like to read what people here thought about it.
Old 2007-12-02, 06:14   Link #802
rishidan
Lackey Extraordinair

I just noticed that Simoun-Fans is subbing the series. Ya know, if they do as good a job with the technicalities of translation and etc. as they did with their namesake, I'm more than willing to wait for them to finish it before I watch any more episodes.

Besides, I'm already behind on several other series (don't ask how many, it's really sad) so it's not a big deal to me to place this one on the back burning.
rishidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 06:38   Link #803
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishidan View Post
I just noticed that Simoun-Fans is subbing the series. Ya know, if they do as good a job with the technicalities of translation and etc. as they did with their namesake, I'm more than willing to wait for them to finish it before I watch any more episodes.

Besides, I'm already behind on several other series (don't ask how many, it's really sad) so it's not a big deal to me to place this one on the back burning.
They're really doing a fantastic job with the translation. I'm not patient enough to wait but I'm most definitely going to watch their releases as they become available. Even with the first two episodes they've subbed I've had a couple things cleared up that were lost in translation.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 13:41   Link #804
Kuroi Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That aside, with Hagino's revelation about the Arume's intentions, the anime finally begins to tie with the bokura manga.

Spoiler for episode 9:

We already knew that, but it's nice to have it mentioned in the anime, as it gives a sense of continuity with the overall storyline.
I didn't understand very well this part.
Spoiler for ep 9/manga:
Kuroi Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 13:51   Link #805
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Cosmo View Post
Spoiler for ep 9/manga:
I think it has to do with the possibility of genetic problems on the long run.
Spoiler:
Of course, the Arume can't really know what will happen in the future, so this invasion seems to be a "just in case" thing.

On the other hand, we should take in account that Hagino is just a scout ship's commander, so we can't be sure that what's been told to her is the absolute truth. Such a thing would be very in-line with the bokura manga's story, which is full of conspiracy and the like.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-12-02 at 22:39.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 13:52   Link #806
X207
Gamyūsa

has anyone seen anime xp's sub of ep9?

Last edited by X207; 2007-12-02 at 19:26.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 15:59   Link #807
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Cosmo View Post
Spoiler for ep 9/manga:
That wasn't totally clear to me, either...
Spoiler for ep8:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 20:05   Link #808
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep8:
Spoiler:
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 23:33   Link #809
JediNight
キズランダム

I agree with Kaoru Chujo -- invading Earth gives them human male and female DNA to use if they want to prevent loss of genetic diversity. Although given their apparent lack of respect for humanity, I wonder how they would feel about having human DNA in them.

I can't really blame them though -- the Arume invading Earth is much like the Europeans colonizing North and South America. They had better technology and so did whatever they felt was best with them. I think it's just common nature if you out-tech the indigenous population by a lot.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 00:17   Link #810
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

According to chapter 9 of Bokura, they're already having problems with birth defects due to a shrinking gene pool.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 00:53   Link #811
JediNight
キズランダム

I don't understand how they would have a shrinking gene pool though, unless even the female Arume population is very small. Because like on Earth, if we cut the population in half thats still 3 billion people...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 01:04   Link #812
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I don't understand how they would have a shrinking gene pool though, unless even the female Arume population is very small. Because like on Earth, if we cut the population in half thats still 3 billion people...
Maybe "shrinking gene pool" wasn't the right phrase...
We'll go with 'lack of genetic diversity' instead. Reproduction between two females would run a higher risk of the offspring inheriting bad genes, as genes are much more similar than between a male and a female. After many generations of this practice, the problem would become even more pronounced. My supposition is that their nanomachine technology can offset much of this (much in the same way it enables them to live for 300+ years), but it has its limits and they are being met more and more frequently.
It is possible the introduction of the females of earth into their gene pool may have slowed the progression (which is why they all suddenly lost interest in the men here), but it will by no means halt it.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 06:42   Link #813
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Spoiler for science stuff:

I really loved this episode. Finally some real plot movement! And an almost heartbreaking moment at the end of the episode.
Spoiler for ep 9 thoughts.:

By the way, if last episode was supposed to be any kind of clue apparently none of the cast figured it out. No pressure Micchi but we're all counting on you ok? No pressure at all, really. Just know that every single one of us is going to pester you about the script until you go all kung fu on someone and karate chop a desk in half! But no pressure!
Old 2007-12-03, 07:38   Link #814
foux

the micchi play may be happy ending and anime itself not, or vice versa. I doubt they do both happy or both sad. That may hint even that it wont have any sequel.
foux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 17:01   Link #815
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Azanael is up to no good Im sure it was all a ploy to infilitrate Blue and cause havok from within and after hearing that Hagino went and saved Mari at the expense of her crew i think she will be even more determined than ever. I thoughly enjoyed this episode for the closeness we got to see between Mari and Hagino. Also, finally to see Mari realize who saved her it was all worth it.

Watching those 2 grow closer with each passing day has been a joy to watch and i cant wait to see how Mari reacts when she is taken for a ride on Blue however i feel like things will not be as they say "smooth sailing". Michi her self has grown character wise and episode 9 was showing us coming out her shell even if its bit by bit with her classmates praising her story for the play. This series has met just about everyone of my expectations and is a joy to watch week after week.
Old 2007-12-03, 18:05   Link #816
Mentar
Banned

I don't really think that Azanael had the intention to be captured and subsequently to infiltrate Blue. She was out there to nab (and possibly kill) Mari - remember her shocked reaction "Ekaril!!" during her fly-by, causing her to enter a dogfight? She didn't want to be captured, she wanted to gun her down - and lost. The decision to arrest her (instead of killing her) was made by Ekaril herself. Finally, remember Azanael's surprised reaction that she was released from her cell...

It won't matter much though. Her reading of the incident became clear in the end: From her point of view, Ekaril did forsake Onomil for this puny horime (Mari). This is painting a huge crosshair on Mari, since it's quite likely that Azanael will exert her revenge by taking what's precious to Ekaril (Mari), just like in her opinion Ekaril took what was precious to Azanael (Onomil).

So, Mari will visit Blue next episode. Time for Hagino's confession, I guess. It will be interesting to see how Mari will react (not easy to predict... though my gut seems to tell me "not TOO badly")
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 19:00   Link #817
foux

theres several types of confessions, somehow i doubt its love vise...
foux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 19:08   Link #818
Mentar
Banned

Heck no, not love ^_^;

Confession of that she was (at least co-)responsible for the accident which killed Mari's parents.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 16:11   Link #819
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Episode 10 has been shown - you can see more at RC and 2 Chan.

Cannot wait to see this episode in RAW.

Spoiler:
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 17:21   Link #820
Lesca

It all started so well...

Spoiler for ep 10:

Really can't wait to see ep 11 now

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri