AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 15 19.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 15.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 23.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 23.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-27, 08:42   Link #41
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, the swimsuit company requested middle school students. This was in the choice of swimsuits. Therefore, there's a market for it among middle school students. And I don't think they're all as unsupervised and financially free as Kuroko.

Conclusion: lots of parents are perverts buying bits of strings for their kids to wear as swimsuits.

^ That conclusion is true you know if you read Japanese News. D=

Well after finishing the episode, ignore what I said beforehand about middle school swimsuit models being a problem. (Honestly is Saten's bust getting bigger or is it just me? I've been reading that she used level upper on them somewhere lol) o_o

I guess just seeing a "figure" like kuroko wearing strings is almost like seeing granny's naked trying flaunt their assets.
Actually that's a bad comparison but you get what i'm saying.

Of course that goes without saying that Konori is something I definately prefer.
Especially if the two swapped swimsuits like so:

Spoiler for =o:

Very delicious.

EDIT: Yes I just found the "earlier episode - current - manga" comparision of Saten. I guess it wasn't just me.

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2009-12-27 at 08:53.
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 09:31   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

They are all flat in the manga.
Anime version FTW.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 11:33   Link #43
AlitY

I really liked this episode a good laugh, my favortie parts were Uiharu and the snake, Kurokos choice of swimwear and Misaka at the end, that was pure gold i would have loved to see misakas reaction after she realised what had happened. Next episode is looking even better though noticed some old faces so can't wait.
AlitY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 15:53   Link #44
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Meh, it wasn't that great. I don't have a problem with a decision to make a beach episode like this, but there weren't that many funny moments. Am I the only that thinks the studio had ulterior motives for trying to get cooking in this episode? I was actually a little disturbed, like others, by Kuroko's choice rather than amused but that was sort of made up for by Konori. Uiharu liking the snake was also kinda funny. So was the moon bit and the cue epic music.

That ending was priceless though. I wish there were more people there though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 15:54   Link #45
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I don't get what the thing they were point at during the Space scene though..why are they even able to breathe..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakae View Post
Geez, those young folks nowadays ... That was a hommage to one of the most famous movies of all times: Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey
Old 2009-12-27, 17:24   Link #46
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Konori is win. I won't mind fillers especially fanservice ones as long as Konori is involve. Well I like to see more of her in every episode. Kuroko in that swimsuit and wiggling around like that was scary
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 18:32   Link #47
HyperCube

I was waiting for a classic pool/beach fanservice...but this is worst.

Well,unstead of the loli Kuruko,i enjoyed seeing the others in Bikini mode
HyperCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 22:46   Link #48
farios

BTW, new OP and ED for Railgun has been confirmed, the new OP is "LEVEL5 -judgelight-" by fripside and the new ED is "Real Forse" by Elisa, the details can be seen in here:

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/225/225457/

Sorry if this is old
farios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 23:49   Link #49
ReddyRedWolf

Mikoto cooking without fire or an electric stove... So this is Level 5 huh?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 00:52   Link #50
ZeRoGravity

I did not expect a 2001 reference. Normally anime would just parody/reference other anime, stereotypes, or something Japanese related. Not foreign pop culture references.

Best part of the episode. Also Kuroko holding the bone.
Old 2009-12-28, 00:55   Link #51
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This was a very bad episode. Except for three scenes, Kuruko's swimsuit, Kazari's snake charmimg, and Mikoto's water splashing, the other 90% of the episode was a complete waste of my time. Now I know my fair share of fanservice/useless episodes, but they can be done well, such as Saki 5 and Saki 20. This episode just did not do it for me.

3/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 02:09   Link #52
ReddyRedWolf

Good thing they are intentionally ambigious about the date.

Touma recognizing Biribiri means his brains isn't scrambled yet.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 02:16   Link #53
feRfe

uiharu :3 cute
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 07:32   Link #54
Tatakae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
I did not expect a 2001 reference. Normally anime would just parody/reference other anime, stereotypes, or something Japanese related. Not foreign pop culture references.
You don't watch older shows a lot, I suppose? Because in the earlier days it was completely common to reference foreign pop culture in anime. See for example Kimagure Orange Road tv series with nods to The Graduate, Terminator, the Blue Lagoon, ect., or Urusei Yatsura with hommages to Star Wars, Noth by Nothwest, Casablanca...
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 10:33   Link #55
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

As evident by the episode thread, when there could be 6-8 pages, there's only 3...

Awful Xmas episode is awful.

Now to actually bring myself to watch this episode...
Old 2009-12-28, 13:57   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
As evident by the episode thread, when there could be 6-8 pages, there's only 3...
Fewer episode threads doesn't mean the episode is awful, just that there wasn't anything to talk about.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 19:30   Link #57
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Mikoto cooking without fire or an electric stove... So this is Level 5 huh?
She is turning the metal can into electric stove by passing current through it.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 19:58   Link #58
Ghostfriendly

Occasionally feel quite akward with this anime; the characters are so unforced and open that I feel perverted watching them...anyway, decent episode, Koroko's maniac behaviour back in full force, Saten hugging Urihara in the snow and Urihara with the python was cute.

Quote:
Good thing they are intentionally ambigious about the date.

Touma recognizing Biribiri means his brains isn't scrambled yet.
I'm very curious how this series relates to the Accelerator/Misaka clones arc. Misaka's suprise at the stripper lady's story of inhumane research suggested that she hasn't found out about the project with her clones yet.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 20:11   Link #59
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, the swimsuit company requested middle school students. This was in the choice of swimsuits. Therefore, there's a market for it among middle school students. And I don't think they're all as unsupervised and financially free as Kuroko.

Conclusion: lots of parents are perverts buying bits of strings for their kids to wear as swimsuits.
There are over 100,000 girls in their age range [13 to 15] in Toshi Gakuen, all of them living away from home. [1.8 million students in TG according to Touma]

Many of them have larger breasts than Kuroko.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 20:13   Link #60
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
The eyes of the swimming club juniors that talked everyone into modeling are weird.
with the soft/deary way they talk its like they're half asleep the whole time, or on some kind of drug..
Like most of the cast they are on several drugs. It is part of the Curiculum. Along with regular sessions in Testament machines.

Quote:
I don't get what the thing they were point at during the Space scene though..why are they even able to breathe..
It is only a basic Holodeck like the original one in Yamato and doesn't spring for all the kill the user functions Starfleet buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
That 2001 scene made me lol, as did the Kurobikini and the snake bit. For some reason, Uriharu being totally facinated made me smile.
And now we know either Uiharu likes snakes or thinks it was a Bikini with Holoprojection capabilities.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote