Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-04, 18:01   Link #1
Triple zZz
Oyasumi ^3^

New upcoming series??

With the end of series like FMA, Madlax & BT..
.. I ran out of anime to watch..
so which of the new upcoming series are good to pick up..??
Thanks in advance for the suggestions..
Old 2004-10-04, 19:04   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Here are several animes that most Japanese otakus would agree to "watch for" for this season:

Mai-HiME (first episode aired last Thursday)

Mahou Shoujo Lilikal Nanoha (first episode aired last Friday)

To Heart ~Remember My Memories (first episode aired on Saturday)

Uta∽Kata (first episode aired on Saturday)

Final Approach (first episode aired on Saturday)

W ~ Wish~ (first episode aired on Saturday)

Tsukuyomi -Moon Phase- (first episode aired early this morning)

School Rumble (will air tonight at 6:00 PM on TV Tokyo)

BLEACH (will air tonight at 6:30PM on TV Tokyo)

Gankutsuou (latest GONZO anime, tonight at 26:12 on TV Asahi)

Futakoi (Wednesday night)

Zipangu (Thursday night)

Rosen Maiden (Thurday night)

Gundam SEED Destiny (Saturday at 6:00PM)

Genshiken / Kujibiki Unbalance (October 10th, midnight)
Old 2004-10-04, 19:08   Link #3
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Mai-HiME, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Uta~Kata, School Rumble, Yakikate! Ja-pan, Bleach and Rozen Maiden all appeal to me greatly ^^
Old 2004-10-05, 17:56   Link #4
shiznitty

so..... what's new (and good) this fall?

i havent been watching anime for a while and forgot about it for a time, about the time of the whole summer. Is there anything good that has come out or is going to come out? Other than harem anime (except for good ones like love hina), anything worth mentioning or that shows promise?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-06 at 00:49. Reason: Threads merged
Old 2004-10-05, 21:54   Link #5
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

a couple really BIG titles coming are Yakitate! Japan and Bleach, both based on manga that are currently popular and still running in Shonen Jump
Bleach is just good, with some of the most developed and well rounded characters i've seen in a while (in just three volumes i've already marked Ichigo, Chad, Kon, and Orihime as some of the most memorable characters ever)
Yakitate! is about bread. but don't knock it, it's the second most popular manga available at Snoopycool's website (the first being hajime no ippo, which has at least 38-40 vols) it has really memorable characters (including the most evil male and female antagonists you will EVER see) and it has some of the most bizarre (yet still VERY funny, and the author goes to great lengths to explain the relevance to bread) plotlines you could ever imagine, and you may pick up a thing or two about baking bread

btw, Yakitate! Japan is a pun: the "pan" means bread and "Japan" is...well, you get it...japanese bread
Old 2004-10-05, 22:31   Link #6
shiznitty

hmmmm..... ive heard of bleach before, and the bread show does sound interesting. Is bleach out yet? Also, has anyone heard of any news regarding full metal panic?
Old 2004-10-06, 00:45   Link #7
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I don't know if FMP! 2nd Raid is scheduled for this fall but we do know it's coming.

Genshiken is one of the shows I'm looking forward to the most since I find the manga to be utterly hilarious. It's basically about this group of guys in a manga/anime/video game club. I'm really bad at explaining but I believe kj1980 wrote a good summary of it some time ago, perhaps if he pops into the thread he can give a better explanation. I would advice you to read a few chapters of the manga though or simply just wait for the first episode to be released
Old 2004-10-06, 01:16   Link #8
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

kj1980 has a very good "to watch" list, although I'm a bit surprised that Kakyuusei 2 and Kannazuki no Miko are not on the list (so they are not considered as "watch for" series by Japanese otakus?)

Anyway I like the first episode of both Kakyuusei 2 and Kannazuki no Miko
Old 2004-10-06, 13:32   Link #9
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
kj1980 has a very good "to watch" list, although I'm a bit surprised that Kakyuusei 2 and Kannazuki no Miko are not on the list (so they are not considered as "watch for" series by Japanese otakus?)

Anyway I like the first episode of both Kakyuusei 2 and Kannazuki no Miko
i agree with kannazuki no miko, it reminds me of Blue Seed (or anything else dealing with the "orochi" legend) meets giant robots meets Maria-sama ga Miteru (PLEASE don't tell me Chikane and Sachiko don't look/act alike)
although the first episode seemed a bit rushed (ok honestly, very few TV series first episodes DON'T feel rushed)

and yes if you're reading this, Bleach is out
Old 2004-10-09, 00:30   Link #10
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Ok, now that most of the stuff is released, or atleast a decent amount...here are my suggesstions and sum-ups:

Beet The Vandel Buster: Like Dragonball Z? Then your probably like this, demon hunting with an rpg-like feel, involving levels and training. Has an interesting premise and good OP/ED themes, worth the watch if you can last through the sub-standard animation.

Mai-HiME: The high-budget series of the season, though it doesn't seem so high-budget at first glance. Grade A voice-acting, most of the seiyuus are very well known and famous in Japan. It has a nice mix of genres, good enough to keep me watching, and godly music - Yuki Kajiura. Though her works in MH aren't as great as the past series she's done.

Kakyuusei 2: Bah, confusing and very very slow paced. It might be worth the watch if you can get past the first few episodes. Excellent artwork and bright vivid colors, almost OVA-like. Based off of the 2nd Kakyuusei game.

Futakoi: Well, you can get the characters mixed up at times, since it's a show about twins, but I suppose that's expected. It's cute and quite light-hearted, nothing overly-amazing. Good to watch when your bored or feeling-down.

Rozen Maiden: Creepy series, not like horror or gore, more like...just...creepy/shiver. The doll and the feeling of the show is very dark and gothic, and it seems to have an interesting premise. I find the OP music is very much like See-Saw/Yuki Kajiura.

Tactics: Wah, it's licensed by ADV before it even aired. I hate when they do that! It's made by the same people who created Mantantei Loki Ragnarok. About demon hunters of the sort, oni if you will. Has a nice ancient feel to it.

Nanoha: Spin-off from Triangle Heart, a magical girl anime with the pet being a ferret. By saying 'Magical Girl', you can pretty much guess how the rest goes.

School Rumble: Genious. Great. Hilarious. Azumanga duplicate! If you liked Azumanga Daioh, I see no reason why you wouldn't like this. It's very funny and put together like azumanga, short episodes jammed into one. So literally, one episode is actually 7 or 8 "pasted" together. Good watch.

Bleach: I love it, even if it's destined to be what I like to call a '-tard' series. Yes, multiple episodes (over 50) and many many many fans. Think Naruto, and the Narutards. Soon we will have Bleachtards. But still, it's great, a definate watch

That's all I have right now, though I'm spamming that people should watch Meine Liebe, so I guess I should do it here too. Watch it, love it, and watch it a second time. Coming out later this season...by Bee-Train
Old 2004-10-11, 04:11   Link #11
Sephon
Inrecognizable lurker

Send a message via ICQ to Sephon
New wave of anime soon?

Since last year I've been hooked on anime and followed about 6-10 series at the same time. But now the joyful moments seem to be pouring out, most series are coming to an end, except for naruto.

So is there any news on new awsome animes coming around.
I've noticed a few new on animesuki, but they're all so... different.
I watched ep. 1 of Beck and liked it, but it doesn't have that good ol' anime feeling too it. Gankutsuou was sooo wierd... a bit too wierd.
Kannazuki no Miko does show some potential though, but I had a strange feeling about this anime. I'll try and follow it.

But all in all. My fav shows are/have ended.
Aishiteruze Baby
Baku-Ten
Chrno Crusade
DearS (not fav, but had potential (which was never used))

There are more which I've forgotten. But you kinda get the style of anime which I like, and I'm really curious to find out if there are coming new animes in this style.

So after all this jibberish, the final question is this.
How does the anime autumn/winter look like? What's to expect?
Old 2004-10-11, 07:33   Link #12
megumidk
Chii ?

To answer the final question, I have here a small collection of info, pictures, promotions and even a few comments for the new season here:

http://www.battledolls.com/new/default.asp

So far, I would recomment My-Hime, Bleach and just for the comedy, Gunbuster 2.
Closed Thread