AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 14 (TRUE ROUTE) Rating
Perfect 10 31 36.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-26, 23:01   Link #61
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Oh really? Most of what I see here (and many other places, sadly) is just blind bashing at a character people barely make any sense of
Okay, I did not mean to derail this topic into talking about Kirino, soI'm replying to this post in the Kirino thread. I don't want people who want to forget about her to have to be reminded about her again through these posts and i just dun wanna get in troubl3 =03
Old 2011-04-26, 23:10   Link #62
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

I love Kuroneko's snark, she's starting to become the Kyon of anime girls
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
Old 2011-04-26, 23:18   Link #63
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think Akagi should stay away from Sunrise's Tiger & Bunny series....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2011-04-26, 23:28   Link #64
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I do find it interesting that Kirino haters didn't sky-rocket until Ruri made her debut in the series. It's pretty common for fans to put down a "competing" character of their favorite character.
Good point. It all boils down to character favoritism in the end.
Old 2011-04-26, 23:54   Link #65
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
It doesn't bother me, since I see her as a genuinely interesting character in her own way, even if she doesn't appeal to me as much as Kuroneko does. Besides, I'm honestly quite interested in why you think she's imbalanced (or a bitch), because she's no worse than most tsunderes out there, and tsundere is far from the entirety of her character either, even in the anime.

Well, to be honest, as someone who does like Kirino quite a bit, it's kind of annoying to me to see all the Kirino bash, especially since a lot of the posts seem to be made for the sole purpose of bashing (on an episode review to boot). I can't stop other people from having opinions and being vocal about them, but just saying.
I don't hate her, I just don't like the character. At all. I don't think she's entirely useless or that the series would be better off without her or any of that I just do not like Kirino. Period. I know she grows as a character, I know she's trying (barely), I know she actually cares for her brother but she is just such a giant bitch that the majority, if not all of her actions are overshadowed by it.

As for there being worse tsunderes out there, well yeah, but they're stereotypical tsundere, but they actually have far more -dere then this show ever did. This show practically prides itself on the fact that Kirino is 95% tsun. That's why she's imbalanced. Most characters are created with a direct contrast that establishes a basic foundation of what their character development will be like later on. 'Comic relief character suddenly becomes awesome', 'evil guy realizes he's bad and turns good', 'arrogant smart guy learns to stop being cocky and get help from friends', and so on. Kirino is just 'otaku who has everything handed to her on a silver platter who is a bitch with a superiority complex very, very, very slowly opens up to other people. Kind of. It doesn't work very well.

Also I don't question other people liking her or finding her interesting. Not my thing.

I just don't like her. Doubt I ever will.

Also - to whoever negged me saying that I don't want her to change simply so I can have something to complain about, thank you for completely missing the point. Even if I dislike Kirino that's no reason for her to be suddenly going '-dere, onii-chan crazy' in the story. Maybe I'll never like her (sounds about right). She was brought into the story that way, she's been kept that way, so there's no need to change her. Kirino is who she is and she should stay that way no matter how much I dislike.

Sheet, anonymous negs~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2011-04-27 at 00:19.
Old 2011-04-27, 00:22   Link #66
taelrak

I like Kirino fine (esp. the manga version--she's MUCH cuter), but I have to admit I like Ruri a lot more after the "true ending" episodes. I've always assumed the "true ending" was a Kirino-route where they didn't end on an ambiguous note...but at this point, I would be rather disappointed if the anime ended with some sort of Kirino x Kyosuke pairing (with the whole Ruri arc nothing more than development for Kyosuke to realize what he's lacking and the impact of Kirino on their lives...).
Old 2011-04-27, 00:30   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One point... many people keep calling Kirino the "focal" or "main" character.... is "Moby Dick" about a whale?...or about the people chasing him?

The focal character in this story is and has been Kyousuke - his perspective on the people around him and the people he meets. Just the title says "imouto" doesn't mean the story is primarily about her.
Old 2011-04-27, 00:32   Link #68
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
One point... many people keep calling Kirino the "focal" or "main" character.... is "Moby Dick" about a whale?...or about the people chasing him?

The focal character in this story is and has been Kyousuke - his perspective on the people around him and the people he meets. Just the title says "imouto" doesn't mean the story is primarily about her.
Hmm.

I do think you're downplaying Kirino's role in this story though. She's about as much a focal character as haruhi Suzumiya is.
Old 2011-04-27, 00:36   Link #69
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:

She's as much of a main character as her brother is.

All the relationships and characters in this show tie back to her somehow,so yes she is main / one of two main characters.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-04-27, 00:39   Link #70
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I don't know who actually bashed Kirino so hard, but i don't think when ppl saying that they love Kuroneko, it means that they hate Kirino. That's a wrong way to interpret someone's statement, especially among shippers in Oreimo.

To me, my love for Kuroneko is purely based on the fact that she is just that lovely. That is all. It has nothing to do with Kirino, or Saori, or Ayase, or even Sena. Kuroneko was cute back then, with her goth loli outfit... but when she wore the PE uniform and doing housework, her moe level increased drastically. And now she wears the amazing school uniform, which of course is a killer outfit for certain ppl (like me). Her charm kept increasing ever since she was introduced in episode 2, but Kirino on the other hand, made no actual progression during the previous 12 eps. She remains as she was from the starting of the series, till the day she left for America. Nothing about her that actually impressed me, as compared to the other girls, or Kuroneko.

I don't hate Kirino, but i juz couldn't find any reason to like her.. but that doesn't mean that i dislike her. Maybe there were points about her that i missed during the previous 13 eps (including true route ending)? Did the changed in her attitude during the last life counseling actually worth enough for her to be loved? I dunno... maybe some people do, but not for me.

I don't care if she's a key or plays some important role in the future event.. and i don't care if she's the lead girl in the series... if someone actually love Kirino becoz of her being the reasons i just stated, then i can only show my pity for Kirino. True love isn't about role.. its what you feel deep within yourself when you first look at the girl.

Maybe she can reap some points and make me love for her in the 2nd season... if there's any. But for now, my ranking for the girls in Oreimo is

Kuroneko + Gokou Ruri >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tamura >>> Sena >> Saori / Ayase / Kirino

Yea she's far behind there... feel sorry for her. But she's not alone at least
Old 2011-04-27, 00:58   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(shrug) ya'll are defining "main" differently than I'm used to when doing literary analysis. Kyousuke is the protagonist, the point of view is from his perspective. Carry on, just try not to derail the thread topic.
Old 2011-04-27, 01:01   Link #72
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:

Moby Dick strikes me as a pretty good analogy here. The entire story wouldn't exist without Kirino, but that doesn't necessarily mean the story is about primarily developing her character. She could end up being this giant unchanging obstacle that forces all the other characters to change around her. As you said before, a "catalyst". Kyousuke is, as you say, the protagonist in this story, and he is the one who has already undergone the most change.

But anyway, I too didn't want this to derail into yet another "I hate Kirino because she's so insufferable" thread. I only think it's important to note that, even in her absence, her presence is certainly felt in all that goes on, and there's probably something we should take away from that. I do recognize though that, for some people, even bringing up the name is like tearing open an old wound, so if it's easier to just pretend that she's gone and forgotten, then so be it.

Let's all let this tangent drop, because there's plenty of Kuroneko and Sena goodness to discuss in this episode anyway.
Old 2011-04-27, 01:31   Link #73
type-R!

The part in the opening where Kirino kicks Kyousuke was unexpected but hilarious, I know she likes beating him up but not to that extent, it reminded me of Sunohara.
Sena keeps getting cutter (except for her fetish....) they should show more of her brocon side.
Even though Kuroneko has become the focus I still miss Kirino, not that Kuroneko is bad, she is awesome in her own way, but the reason I started following this series is for Kirino. I'm sure if she were to go full dere dere with Kyousuke at least for a couple of minutes, it would be enough to bring the spotlight back to her right away. Of course this is very unlikely to happen.

Last edited by type-R!; 2011-04-27 at 01:43.
Old 2011-04-27, 02:18   Link #74
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Excellent. This episode gets a 10, since it's easily the best episode of the entire series.

Sena, welcome to this group of idiots and perverts. She must be as bad as Erika Karisawa for writing so much bad fanfiction. Perhaps some other shows could learn about how to be funny regarding this.

Kuroneko, well... we haven't seen her so embarrassed for a while; what a huge contrast to her typically arrogant demeanor. But she did pour her heart out, I seriously did lol about the discussion about having to appeal to wide range and sacrifice some of one's vision to sell.

The Kyousuke/Kuroneko scenes were all well done. Oh silly, Kyousuke, it's not just about helping her with the game. Missed opportunity.

And finally, Kuroneko admits she's determined to see everything to its end because she's a huge hater. Well, can't argue with that.

Here's to a fun conclusion to this!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-04-27 at 02:32.
Old 2011-04-27, 02:23   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Moby Dick strikes me as a pretty good analogy here. The entire story wouldn't exist without Kirino, but that doesn't necessarily mean the story is about primarily developing her character. She could end up being this giant unchanging obstacle that forces all the other characters to change around her. As you said before, a "catalyst". Kyousuke is, as you say, the protagonist in this story, and he is the one who has already undergone the most change.

But anyway, I too didn't want this to derail into yet another "I hate Kirino because she's so insufferable" thread. I only think it's important to note that, even in her absence, her presence is certainly felt in all that goes on, and there's probably something we should take away from that. I do recognize though that, for some people, even bringing up the name is like tearing open an old wound, so if it's easier to just pretend that she's gone and forgotten, then so be it.

Let's all let this tangent drop, because there's plenty of Kuroneko and Sena goodness to discuss in this episode anyway.
Agreed so much good things happened in this episode that there's no point in getting into a huge debate about Kirino.

Was a good episode to help Kuroneko build more ties outside of her growing relationship with Kyousuke. It was good to see her just bust into that classroom and get help when she needed it. A certain unnamed character , had a good role in her doing this even while not being there. Still it was Kuroneko who made the decision to take that action and she deserves full credit for it.

Also thank god they chose her game over the other one since that's way too much trauma for me .
Old 2011-04-27, 03:14   Link #76
Kyuu
=^^=

Kuroneko now being a tease. Oh, gotta love it.
Old 2011-04-27, 04:42   Link #77
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Hmm.

I do think you're downplaying Kirino's role in this story though. She's about as much a focal character as haruhi Suzumiya is.
Hmm...I don't think we can treat Kirino like as Haruhi.

Because...frankly Oreimo is not that good unlike Haruhi series, as original novel.

The author of Oreimo declared that a story changed in the opinion of the fans.
This is the series like that. And even author said that "I'm Kirino hater".

I really think that Kirino lovers are merciful people.
Old 2011-04-27, 05:23   Link #78
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
... and finally they get it, and make a spin-off manga based on Gokku* Ruri

In between the manga will be drawn by Ikeda Sakura, who has done several H-chapters in Megastore

* that's how I misheard her family name, and remembered Koban's take on how she became a white cat
Old 2011-04-27, 05:32   Link #79
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Dying from Kuroneko moe-overload this episode.
Ah silly Kyousuke. How you still not notice her feeling after you tease her and she tease you? Even with that implicit confession...
Old 2011-04-27, 05:50   Link #80
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Ah silly Kyousuke. How you still not notice her feeling after you tease her and she tease you? Even with that implicit confession...
Or does he but prefers his bitchy sister ah! sis-cons
Closed Thread