AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 13:21   Link #201
sa547
*Author

JT, especially its readers, aren't very friendly towards the group as far as some of their readership's -- consisting mostly of resident aliens, "cultural purists", hipsters and expats -- mob mentality is concerned; they think it's an irritating presence of Japanese pop culture that should die out like any other "fad"; it's a typical "us-against-them" case, as AKB doesn't fit into their stubbornly Westernized worldview that Japan should be embracing the BS called political-correctness.

Have they thought of Madonna, the Spice Girls, NKOTB, BSB, Lady Gaga, or Christina Aguilera, who often courted controversy, and at some high points of their popularity were almost everywhere you go that some think they're too annoying?

But it's no different from the days when disco then faced a huge backlash at its decline, in which dozens of vinyls were destroyed in spectacular, public fashion. It took years before disco became respectable again.

If my memory is correct, I think South Korean entertainers have a lot more pressure compared to their Japanese counterparts, deal with anal-retentive management, face nastier blackmail and sexual harassment, and worse, at least a few of them did took their own lives (quite a striking contrast to Aki-P's surprising leniency, in the light of granting Jurina Matsui an extended rest break after her work-related illness).

In other words, JT thinks that the idol business is exploitative, pathetic and should be utterly eradicated, but... isn't it true with some other parts of the music industry even outside Japan? It's no secret that some rock bands have found themselves in conflict with management, or that rappers feel they were being exploited for corporate gain.

Where else could we find a girl group and a creator who are surprisingly transparent and human as far as their personalities and public dealings are concerned?

Whoever wrote the article is a goddamned conservative fart.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-17 at 14:35.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 19:59   Link #202
mochichan

MTE
The whole article is just a TL;DR ver of "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!"

I don't understand this whole pretentious crap about disliking idols just because they're manufactured. Yes and? They have catchy music, and they're fun to watch on TV. Their musics are happy and cheer up people too, and how is that bad in a country with high suicide rate? I know I get so tired in the morning and HR wake me up before going to class. And AKB did use their popularity to do good with tsunami victims.

I don't expect idols to be talented or make ground breaking evolutionary music, I can get that from the solo artists but it's still so fun watching the girls and listen to them, so what's the problem? The writer of that site come off as such obnoxious douche about their preference and forcing it on others by saying there's no way girls would like it....come on.....
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 21:53   Link #203
sa547
*Author

Well, JT thinks that only politicians and their mistakes should be on the front pages... and have those politicians made a big difference as those girls did? No, especially as the country has seen six prime ministers come and go, and Tepco just screwed up royally in their mishandling of the Fukushima nuclear disaster.
Old 2012-04-17, 21:59   Link #204
mochichan

Honestly I think it's just out of their dislike for AKB
there's random celeb having babies, getting divorce, who's dating who's on magazine covers all the time.

oh btw did you see my post on the AKB0048 thread asking about which AKB0048 member should I draw with each real AKB members?
The songs I'm going to do fanart of are Beginner, HR, Give me 5, Shiori, and...one more song IDK yet. Suggestion?
Old 2012-04-18, 14:34   Link #205
kimmymei

PSP AKB1/48 Idol to Koishitara Special Pack / Photos Albums

I am selling a PSP AKB1/48 Idol to Koishitara Special Pack from Japan. It includes:

PSP Game - sealed
Making video for this game, Approx. 240 min - sealed
x4 PSP Game Soft Paper Jacket - sealed
Kiss Mark Sticker Sheet - sealed
x10 photos - sealed

(I would prefer to sell these items as a complete pack.)

I am also selling the red and blue AKB48 albums - both sealed.

Please view images here:
http://bit.ly/JahnHQ
http://bit.ly/HSLqkv
http://bit.ly/J3MrFp
http://bit.ly/JGzsIB

Happy to post internationally.
offers welcomed.
Payment by PayPal please.

Thanks for reading!
kimmymei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 16:34   Link #206
mochichan

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzgzNDU3MzE2

DYING ABOUT MANATSU PV PREVIEW!!
It went from war scene/horror movie head blow up to omfg beach and kawaii girls XD

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-18 at 16:56.
Old 2012-04-20, 05:53   Link #207
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

^ eeek! so excited!

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 16:06   Link #208
mochichan

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/04/che...good%E2%80%9D/

Manatsu is badass :O

Here's my interpretation based on the media calling this the "heaven and hell" concept
The older girls represent the old akb, younger ones are the ones will carry the torch. They're trying to save the older girls meaning the young ones will lead akb in the future. By going up the mountain, they're rising out of hell but not without suffering. In the end heaven (popularity, happiness, dream fulfilled) will wait for them after suffering.

Since its akb expecting a 30 min ver just for the drama or at least a longe ver to clear things up. Either way badass "bikini" PV lol it look straight out of some anime or sci fi/fantasy movie
I love the coughing up smoke blood scene
Old 2012-04-22, 20:51   Link #209
sa547
*Author

I cannot unsee.

In case anyone wants to know, the PV is directed by Shinji Higuchi, who also worked on Japan Sinks, and is one of the founding members of Gainax.
Old 2012-04-24, 11:08   Link #210
mochichan

Prop to Jurina
She fall down on the dirty muddy ground with her eyes open

IDK about the Gainax thing :O
Lately AKB has got a lot of pull with big name directors.

Anyway...so...Shanghai48...lol..........
Old 2012-04-25, 08:12   Link #211
Undertaker

not surprising here, I'm was more amuzed that there hasn'tbeen an announcement for HongKong48 first.

so now that makes 3 oversea groups so far, a Korean 48 group or a Singapore one might not be too far behind.

Akimoto's got tons of connections, it's not really suprising that he can get all those directors and serious actors to do PV for them, it also helps that they probably got paid big time and the industry has mostly positive things to say about AKB's work ethics. I mean, with the way entire 48 family racking in money right now, they can afford people that they previous can't.

But looking back, the PV has alway been pretty up there in scope and artistic direction since 'Baby, Baby, Baby' .

BTW, have any of you ever seen the two alternate PV that was done for 'River' ? Those 2 HipPop style PVs were badass and made 'River' (and 'Iiwake Maybe' ) my top two all time favorite AKB singles. (not counting the stage songs)

If you guys are interested I'll see if I can locate the clips.

Here:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/tpMykzzD6ew/

and

Here:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/pSRXaUiGoUg/

There were special PV done in one of their Variety Shows Nemouse TV (host by Ariyoshi is the first few season) while they were performing in NY a fre years ago. The two directors pick the members in round-robin style. Interesting thing was that both director had Sayaka as their top pick and the order ends up to be somthing like Sayaka->Aachan>Sae>Takamina.... (I think), I'll need to review the specific episod efor the picking order though.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-04-25 at 09:08.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 12:33   Link #212
sa547
*Author

^
Damn, with Warpaint and New York's Finest versions... them girls still do set things on fire.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:49   Link #213
mochichan

I remember those. LOL.........I was like wtf is this....because it's kinda random XD
It's really interesting tho.

I want a Seoul48 just for the wanks.
Kpop fandom got some cray cray people.....I want to see their reaction to their own 48 in their music lol.
Old 2012-05-02, 23:36   Link #214
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

I like the one where they did a PV with Jamil. But I am biased as I went to university with Jamil in Japan sooo I am just glad to see someone I know whose hard work really paid off.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 23:57   Link #215
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
I like the one where they did a PV with Jamil. But I am biased as I went to university with Jamil in Japan sooo I am just glad to see someone I know whose hard work really paid off.
Who's Jamil?

Edit: I got it.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/07/ame...rican-shounen/

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-19 at 19:41.
Old 2012-05-19, 15:26   Link #216
mochichan

You guys seen the documentary?
OMFG...;__;
so much awesome moment.

i feel bad for yuko, she probably wanted first. she cried so much when she went back stage..:\
Old 2012-05-24, 06:41   Link #217
Undertaker

I'm still in Taiwan and they just released Show Must Go On on Theater last week along with a re-release of To be Continue.. in limited screen. Re-watched both and they were still great.

Anyway, Just picked up my preorder of Japanese verion (Type A + B) of Manatsu in the Official Shop, they are badass. (Should've pick them up yesterday since it was simultaneous release, but something poped up)

In addition to vote codes and the usual radom photo, the Preorder bonus includes an extra photo and a A4-sized poster where the selection members are posing together in a heart formation. There is also a bonus photo unique to Taiwan/Hong Kong preorder featuring Jurina and Mayuyu.

Interesting note is that Type B seems to be sold out according to the Shop as I was going to purchase additional copies for my sisters. They said that the first press copies of Type B is completely out even in the Akibahara shop as well and there is no plan for additional allocation.

It was interesting because the Type A cover is the one that got all the core members on them where as Type B really only features Mayuyu and Jurina on the cover. Maybe the coupling song in B is better or something...

Anyway the Shop also listed the results of the first 2 day of voting as of this morning in Japan.

While two day result is anything but.. It is still interesting to not that NyanNyan (Kojiharu) is currently only 11th, and Tomochin is trailing Double Matsui at 9th, while Sashi is currently standing at 4th and Yui is continuing her ascend at 12th and Umeda is continuing her comeback since her return from injuries 2 years ago at 14th. and Team K2 is making strong push with many members making list in the 20s. and Muto Tomu is surprisingly at 30 as Kenkyusei. Sayaka is the surprise one, trailing way back in 32nd.

The list is currently:

1. Oshima Yuko
2. Kashiwagi Yuki (Team B Captain)
3. Watanabe Mayu
4. Sashihara Rino
5. Takahashi Minami (Captain)
6. Shinoda Mariko
7. Matsui Rena (SKE)
8. Matsui Jurina (AKB/SKE)
9. Itano Tomomi
10. Miyazawa Sae
11. Kojima Haruna
12. Yokoyama Yui
13. Takajo Aki
14. Umeda Ayaka
15. Minegishi Minami
16. Kitahara Rie
17. Kasai Tomomi
18. Yamamoto Sayaka (Team N Captain)
19. Watanabe Miyuki (AKB/NMB)
20. Takayanagi Akane (SKE Team K2 Captain)
21. Sato Amina
22. Shimazaki Haruka
22. Furukawa Airi (Team K2)
24. Hata Sawako (Team K2)
25. Masuda Yuka
26. Suda Akari (Team S)
27. Mukaida Manasu (Team K2)
28. Oya Masana (Team S Captain)
29. Ogiso Shiori (Team K2)
30. Muto Tomu (AKB 12-Gen Kenkyusei)
31. Ogasawara Mayu (Team N)
32. Akimoto Sayaka (Team K Captain)

Rest

Again while this is just 2 day result, I was surprised on the performance of K2. It it keeps up K2 might overstage S and leave Team 4 behind when a year ago they were consider mostly equal...

Edit: I just saw it on late night news in Taiwan, Manasu has already broke the record set last year by Everyday Kashusha and Fly Get. Manasu no Sounds Good has broke 1 million mark in just 1 day.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-05-25 at 04:55. Reason: New info
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 23:26   Link #218
Undertaker

Recent story about Sashi...

Guess it just proofs once again that ex- are evil, well, some of them anyway.

But like some mention in 0048 thread, I think Akimoto handle it well considering it was an event in the past right around Sashi's promotion and the evidence doesn't really back up the the story too much...

Though I'm more interested in who will get to promote or transferred into Team A right now consider the team now have a vacancy that will soon be two and this all happens just when Jurina and Milky was called in to fill the vacancies in K and B...
Old 2012-06-17, 02:07   Link #219
Sumeragi
Banned

A Korean 48 probably wouldn't survive, unless it is heavily Koreanized to the point it no longer is a 48 group.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 12:29   Link #220
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
A Korean 48 probably wouldn't survive, unless it is heavily Koreanized to the point it no longer is a 48 group.
It's called SNSD (formerly known as Girl's Generation).

Last edited by sa547; 2012-06-17 at 19:51.