AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-15, 01:51   Link #2261
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
All we know is it is not something the scubs originally had. In fact, this substance is what's pulling the scub corals to this world in the first place.
Yeah. As a new thing I've been wondering if that would come back to roost or if that was a new find out of necessity by current Earth for generating Trapar while not leaving non-dormant Scub Coral that would bring Secrets.

Oh, that would be productive to clear the Scub since we know they probably won't be villains if there is indeed separation between the Quartz and the Scub (I was surprised Eureka only said the Secrets weren't enemies and didn't say both the Secrets and Scub shouldn't be his enemies especially due to E7's conflict with the Scub, and ofcourse Naru has been preaching that the Scub aren't even if having Truth even just to use him for her own benefit doesn't inspire innocence for the Scub given all the people her unwitting accomplice has killed by choice).
Did they now say this somewhere?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-15 at 03:56.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 02:16   Link #2262
Kurohane

Gazelle noted on it in the second episode with the quartz he and his team were supposed to deliver to the Allied Forces but combusted. Then, a Scub Coral suddenly appeared in their vicinity, causing a Scub Burst. He even said himself to them that it was like the Scub Coral was drawn to it. The secrets themselves want to get rid of the quartz rather than the scubs as shown in the Polaris operation. They left the Scub Corals and followed the capsule.

Naru (besides completely losing her mind) is trying to act on behalf of the Scub Corals to communicate, and the scubs do this by assimlating with the beings they want to interact with. She is trying to spread the scubs all around the world completely covering the Earth and everyone with it. Her mind has been influenced by the scubs. Who knows how Ao will help her?
Old 2012-09-15, 02:28   Link #2263
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Gazelle noted on it in the second episode with the quartz he and his team were supposed to deliver to the Allied Forces but combusted. Then, a Scub Coral suddenly appeared in their vicinity, causing a Scub Burst. He even said himself to them that it was like the Scub Coral was drawn to it. The secrets themselves want to get rid of the quartz rather than the scubs as shown in the Polaris operation. They left the Scub Corals and followed the capsule.

Naru (besides completely losing her mind) is trying to act on behalf of the Scub Corals to communicate, and the scubs do this by assimlating with the beings they want to interact with. She is trying to spread the scubs all around the world completely covering the Earth and everyone with it. Her mind has been influenced by the scubs. Who knows how Ao will help her?
Ah that's right, thanks for joggin my memory, that was what Gazelle was talking about back then by the car as what seemed to be drawing the Scub to show up, which is confirmed in the Polaris operation. Thanks.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 02:31   Link #2264
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Woah that isn't Renton in the preview right ?
Old 2012-09-15, 02:31   Link #2265
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Ah that's right, thanks for joggin my memory, that was what Gazelle was talking about back then by the car as what seemed to be drawing the Scub to show up, which is confirmed in the Polaris operation. Thanks.
No problem.
Old 2012-09-15, 02:37   Link #2266
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
No, that's management higher up than you take orders from. Ivica takes orders from Christophe, who in turn is supposed to take orders from them. As for "hasn't mentioned any grief", you must have missed the numerous moments where he gets upset with them in the past couple episodes.
Management higher up than you is your boss. Ivica also takes orders from BBW as well, I thought the past few episodes made that clear. In the past few episodes he's been more annoyed with them on the principle of protecting the kids rather than any sort of grudge or backhistory.

Quote:
Please tell me that you've seen the show and aren't just combing the wiki.

No, there is not a 97% similarity between them. The scene in question is meant to demonstrate that the current Miller is actually Elena impersonating her. Elena and Miller aren't actually a perfect match, just close enough that Elena can convincingly impersonate her. It's a coincidence.
Please, I'm not going to hunt down specific quotes in specific episodes.

Then it's a very lucky coincidence.

Quote:
At this point, what would you have such consequences be?
I'm not going to go in conjecture on that as I'm not writing the story.

Quote:
The Zone of Action is just a detection radius, like a scanner. The size-changing is explicitly a unique reaction this particular Secret had to a unique situation, a fact made perfectly clear.
Exactly, it works as a detection radius. Truth has never displayed one. That's the difference in that the Secrets have had restrictions or limits and Truth has displayed none of that.

Quote:
How did the Nirvash when it evolved into spec3? Why is it the movie Nirvash? Why is the final movie Nirvash going to appear? A question yet to be answered isn't the same as a question never answered.
Alright fine, we'll wait and see I guess.

Quote:
Desperation Disease:
1. Unhealthy obsession on Compac Drive.
2. Complete lack of reaction to other stimuli.

Scub Coral infection:
1. Trouble breathing.
2. Lack of energy.
3. Eventual growth into coral-controlling superhuman.

I fail to see how they're remotely similar.
You're right on this in that they aren't the same however IIRC long-term exposure to Scub Coral in the OG series caused DD. That leads to the question of why in this series, are the symptoms different.

Quote:
Except the show has explained it. The Scub is not supposed to be here. The Secrets are responding to that and attempting to destroy it. Even they call their appearance an act of nature. It is a concept the show is using and that others before it have also used.
Again here's the problem, we don't know if it's purely a time loop or a dimension jump. If it's a dimension jump then you could make that argument however if it's a timeskip then that leads to a whole bunch of inconsistencies with the original story. Such as why do the Scub Coral now have Quartz when they seemingly didn't have it in the original series or why the Secrets didn't appear in the original series. Now you could try to argue that the timeskip caused Quartz to appear in the Scub Coral thus calling in the Secrets however this has never been stated or implied by the show.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 03:21   Link #2267
Yuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I hope it is! But it's really impossible to tell; I suppose we need to wait and see.
Yuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 03:53   Link #2268
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
from the way AO reacted it looks like it

and the story has so many twist and turn, im not sure anymore, and its hard to follow, they better give a conclusive ending for this because an open ending will just waste everything for me
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 04:27   Link #2269
ookamigirl

Interesting things are going on.
Fighting among themselves as well as the what they think is the enemy.
Things are getting very intense.
So even they have secrets hidden in the basement LOL
That IFO-0 looked a lot like trouble! And lots of it!
Looks like new allies just appeared!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 04:59   Link #2270
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Good episode though I don't see how will they end this in episode 22. Let's hope they are not planning to squeeze it and make a rushed ending.

Now then, looks like Japan will be an ally to the Triton crew. The army officer doesn't look happy about it.

If that is Renton in the preview, he looks different from the silhouette beside Eureka in the OP. It must be the hair.
Old 2012-09-15, 05:11   Link #2271
KieR

Quote:

Hmm, if you mean this scene:
Spoiler for screen:

I think it's not Renton, but who knows.

Last edited by KieR; 2012-09-15 at 07:13.
KieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 06:18   Link #2272
Destined_Fate

Spoiler:
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 06:58   Link #2273
Theorder14

maybe it's Maurice? kid :P
Theorder14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 09:06   Link #2274
miketyson

Grandpa's real son?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 10:07   Link #2275
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I bet that guy is Kyoda. He's going to turn around and say "You know... I created you."
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 11:03   Link #2276
ReddyRedWolf

Why do I have a nasty feeling the archetype aka IFO-0 Cannon along with the spare TheEnd (yes I'm calling it that) are stuff Dewey left behind before dying?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 11:06   Link #2277
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Newtype scan:
Old 2012-09-15, 11:20   Link #2278
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Good episode though I don't see how will they end this in episode 22. Let's hope they are not planning to squeeze it and make a rushed ending.

Now then, looks like Japan will be an ally to the Triton crew. The army officer doesn't look happy about it.

If that is Renton in the preview, he looks different from the silhouette beside Eureka in the OP. It must be the hair.
The series isn't going to end in 22 episodes. The station will stop airing the show at its usual time after episode 22, replacing it with another. AO still will have 24 episodes.
Old 2012-09-15, 12:07   Link #2279
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Why do I have a nasty feeling the archetype aka IFO-0 Cannon along with the spare TheEnd (yes I'm calling it that) are stuff Dewey left behind before dying?
That would mean he must have reversed TheEND's death, somehow. However, your idea is still plausible, as we can clearly see a few more military KFL's down there as well.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 12:17   Link #2280
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Management higher up than you is your boss. Ivica also takes orders from BBW as well, I thought the past few episodes made that clear. In the past few episodes he's been more annoyed with them on the principle of protecting the kids rather than any sort of grudge or backhistory.
I suppose I should make this perfectly clear. BBW is not his boss. The company holds a controlling interest, which means they basically decide what motions can pass and which cannot. However, this does not give them the ability to micromanage the company. That job is left to its actual employees. Representatives like Stanley and Rebecka only have say insofar as their position in Generation Bleu allows. Ivica is employed by Generation Bleu, which means he takes orders from them, not BBW.

Quote:
Exactly, it works as a detection radius. Truth has never displayed one. That's the difference in that the Secrets have had restrictions or limits and Truth has displayed none of that.
Truth is always in proximity to his targets, and unlike Secrets isn't mindlessly dedicated to a single task. He's human and can get distracted.

Quote:
You're right on this in that they aren't the same however IIRC long-term exposure to Scub Coral in the OG series caused DD. That leads to the question of why in this series, are the symptoms different.
For starters, it isn't covering the entire planet. It also isn't behaving the same as Scub did before, which suggests a deliberate change in how it acts.

Quote:
Again here's the problem, we don't know if it's purely a time loop or a dimension jump. If it's a dimension jump then you could make that argument however if it's a timeskip then that leads to a whole bunch of inconsistencies with the original story. Such as why do the Scub Coral now have Quartz when they seemingly didn't have it in the original series or why the Secrets didn't appear in the original series. Now you could try to argue that the timeskip caused Quartz to appear in the Scub Coral thus calling in the Secrets however this has never been stated or implied by the show.
You keep missing the point here. The Secrets never appear in E7 because the Scub is supposed to be there. It crashed into a rocket and landed on Earth. There's no time travel involved. Secrets are appearing and targeting the Quartz in E7AO because they are disrupting the timeline (and they've said a couple times already that E7 is the future).

Also, there's nothing to suggest the Quartz didn't exist in the previous series. In fact, considering they have essentially magic powers at the end, it makes perfect sense that the Quartz is where that power comes from.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen