AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-02-12, 06:17   Link #601
Candyshark

hey, hey you can't just cut girls in half! Show the rest of the image. /whipes drool
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 06:38   Link #602
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
hey, hey you can't just cut girls in half! Show the rest of the image. /whipes drool
No kidding! I want to see Eri as well! And poor Hanyao, Umi, and Nozomi. That's just too cruel!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 07:32   Link #603
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

C'mon guys, you can't be that lazy.

Spoiler for Big image:
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 10:26   Link #604
garbage

so yeah they finally proved to themselves that Honoka-chan is the leader/center which is as it should be, all is right in their world ^^. pretty nice episode & funny, going full circle from doubting/questioning Honoka's creds as the leader but in the end everyone fully recognizing and accepting Honoka, not just because she started it or is a sempai, but because she really do fit the role& thereby strengthening their bonds together. Made me grimace a bit when Nico was listing what's needed for a leader & center.... felt like shouting to them "Hey! that's Honoka right there, so what's the problem??" but yeah I guess it was all for the better for them to learn for themselves.
Best part is Honoka doesn't even know it, or rather she has no Air about it, wouldn't really care to put her self "above" the others, but like a true leader is more concerned with others.
Old 2013-02-12, 13:13   Link #605
Folenfant
Banned

Love Live made it to the top of Amazon pre orders for anime DVDs today with every other disc currently in it's top 20 list. I had a hunch it would be a popular show that collectors would want but I never foresaw this. Must be the will of Maki.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 13:29   Link #606
Midonin
Last Engage

Love Live Life 06 - Centre Supernova

Nico's enjoyable for me precisely because nobody's really taking her seriously. The Nero vibes are strong here, and that's a good thing. Most of the episode was just them funning around, but I really liked the Alice in Wonderland theming for the music video (again, wonderful animation. The cel-shaded CGI is barely noticeable), and the pseudo-documentary style at the beginning. When Nico started talking about the "aura" of idols, the only thing that came to mind were Kirara. I can see Nico having a little black/purpleish one with two protrusions that look like pigtails. I am curious what will finally convince Eri to join, because it looks like her barrier's almost been broken through.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 14:39   Link #607
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I've been pretty lukewarm on Nico for the most part, but sweet jesus, I died laughing when she spontaneously constructed a new false persona to stand in as a "real" persona that contrasts her "idol" persona in the way that she believes is most appealing. The effort that she puts into feigning effortless talent is exhausting to watch.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 14:40   Link #608
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
The effort that she puts into feigning effortless talent is fun to watch.
Fixed that for you

At this point I'm better inclined to believe that Nico is more suited to be an actress than an idol. Not that she can't be both.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 14:52   Link #609
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Fixed that for you

At this point I'm better inclined to believe that Nico is more suited to be an actress than an idol. Not that she can't be both.
Actually, this may be a good time to ask: Nico's idol persona of hyperactive verbal tics and mugging wildly for the camera is mostly played for laughs. Are these traits identifiable among idol fans as a sign that she has a slightly outdated or inaccurate view on how a popular idol is expected to behave? I'm not up on the culture at all, but that was how I took it.

Alternately, of course, it could just be that it's meant to come off comical because she can be so transparently phony and/or trying too hard, but I thought maybe there might be more to it than that, since she's a connoisseur of idols going back some years.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 19:00   Link #610
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

after seeing the episode (in vostfr) good Minalinsky I confirm that this is Kotori and Eri has a talent for singing and music (and I think it is safe) or words to that Nozomi there only Eri who can help then that Eri was or was not a "school idol" I think not she just talent that's all.
Old 2013-02-12, 20:19   Link #611
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Nico is amazing in many ways . Hilarious watching her throw out those personalities. Really can change gears in a hurry. Long term might really be suitable to acting as a main profession. Can just fling herself into a role. Funny enough that all her plotting just made her barely able to keep up. At least has found a group that can push her to improve.

Just about ready to lure in the Student Council President. The next crisis should be what tips the scales in that respect.
Old 2013-02-12, 21:54   Link #612
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
after seeing the episode (in vostfr) good Minalinsky I confirm that this is Kotori and Eri has a talent for singing and music (and I think it is safe) or words to that Nozomi there only Eri who can help then that Eri was or was not a "school idol" I think not she just talent that's all.
There might be more to it which is why Nozomi would say such a thing. Makes me really look forward to next week.

On an unrelated note... I think you should change your signature. It's waaaaay to distracting. Every.Single.Time I scroll down to read the posts, my eyes would get glued on your signature for a couple seconds. It's bad.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 22:00   Link #613
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
There might be more to it which is why Nozomi would say such a thing. Makes me really look forward to next week.

On an unrelated note... I think you should change your signature. It's waaaaay to distracting. Every.Single.Time I scroll down to read the posts, my eyes would get glued on your signature for a couple seconds. It's bad.
Yes and Eri (for I know she plays the guitar) so as with Maki plays a musical instrument, Eri has probably taken courtyard singing and dance but it is true if n 'it had its ... so I think she must like you "hide" something that has to do with idols

and my signature .... sorry I did not want to change
Old 2013-02-12, 22:10   Link #614
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poot Nico she really trys to hard
Old 2013-02-13, 14:43   Link #615
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Love Live made it to the top of Amazon pre orders for anime DVDs today with every other disc currently in it's top 20 list. I had a hunch it would be a popular show that collectors would want but I never foresaw this. Must be the will of Maki.
Totally deserved. This is a terrific show. They're creating interesting group dynamics in a very enjoyable atmosphere, and moving the narrative at a pace that is quick but not too quick. Plus cute girls, lol.

But what really gets me every time is the animation. The skipping movement at the beginning of the OP is just marvelous. And there were plenty of fascinating movements in the late insert song/dance: fingers, legs, etc. Nishida Asako and Sunrise animators seem to be a match made in heaven.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:49   Link #616
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
You know, I honestly forgot that Sunrise is doing this.

So much for that old canard that Sunrise only does mecha.
Old 2013-02-13, 18:01   Link #617
Harunny

Harunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:21   Link #618
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harunny View Post
Maki's harem
Old 2013-02-13, 19:29   Link #619
Dop
Mmmm....

After this episode I think Nico may be my favourite. The scheming, the not quite wanting to say "me me me, I should be the leader" but just plotting to make it happen (and having the plots backfire), and the faces she makes. Quite wonderful. Where DID she get that megaphone from?

Loved the big musical number too.

It is just such a FUN show, all round.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:44   Link #620
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Spoiler for hnng:

A little something for the empire.

*Waves Banner Proudly*
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life