AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 29 42.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 27.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-13, 19:13   Link #21
redgrnbluylw

Hey I think I get why Senjougahara keeps asking Hanekawa if she still loves Araragi. Will Hanekawa simply accept that her romantic interest has just been snatched from her right under her nose, like she's always done for everything else? Senjougahara truly is a sharp mind. But what does this say about Hanekawa?

Brilliant episode. I love this series so much. Next week cannot come any sooner!

Last edited by redgrnbluylw; 2013-07-13 at 19:14. Reason: grammar
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:18   Link #22
Clarste
Human

The second time she asks is clearly for a different reason than the first. This is just one of Nisio's beloved "ironic echoes" where the same words change meaning entirely in different contexts. The first time was obviously about whether Hanekawa was okay with it, but the second takes on a much more sinister meaning of "can you even know what love is, if you accept both the good and the bad without judgment?" The implication being that Hanekawa never loved him in the first place, but was simply accepting an "unflavored" man because she has no preferences.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:49   Link #23
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Ah! lacking context (because of Kizu-) makes half the episode pointless

Nonetheless, yuri aside, this episode is far more interesting for building up Hitagi into a half-decent girlfriend, rather than giving some new insight into Tsubasa's character. I am much more excited about how Hitagi tries clumsyly to make a friend influenced by the only perverts that care about her (Suruga/Koyomi)... great development... on the other hand, Tsubasa is still shackled and unable to move forward, running around in circles, evading her real problems, and going with the flow, despite not really having to... all in all interesting stuff, even the non-development of Tsubasa, and regressing back into the "meddlesome cat" invocation is interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Senjougahara got a feel of heaven, something Araragi most likely never will
Also Hanekawa x Senjougahara > Senjougahara x Araragi.
Indeed, Koyomi does not deserve Tsubasa... Hitagi seems a better fit (for sadists), but still not good enough for my goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Seriously. I could watch those two together every week and never get tired of it.
I wish that yuri material in general was that "interesting" to make even mods forget about their forum's stern political correctness
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:49   Link #24
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The second time she asks is clearly for a different reason than the first. This is just one of Nisio's beloved "ironic echoes" where the same words change meaning entirely in different contexts. The first time was obviously about whether Hanekawa was okay with it, but the second takes on a much more sinister meaning of "can you even know what love is, if you accept both the good and the bad without judgment?" The implication being that Hanekawa never loved him in the first place, but was simply accepting an "unflavored" man because she has no preferences.
Damn, Clarste. Damn.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 20:52   Link #25
sky black swordman

Pretty good episode, you gotta love that shower scene (can't wait for the BD version of it)!

Anyway, it's nice to see Black Hanekawa make a comeback, although it was to expected with stress one might have when their house burns down.

I'm curious to see where Senjougahara is going with this," Does Hanekawa still loves Araragi ?"
Old 2013-07-13, 22:31   Link #26
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The implication being that Hanekawa never loved him in the first place, but was simply accepting an "unflavored" man because she has no preferences.
We'll need Shinobu's input first regarding how Araragi tastes like
Old 2013-07-13, 22:58   Link #27
Sol Falling

Brilliant stuff as always. I think Hitagi was being a bit too dramatic with the whole "did you really love Araragi" thing but I imagine that'll all get sorted out next episode. Hanekawa might've been stuck where she is till now but she's ready to move forward too.

The tiger's voice sounds weird to me too, it's not particularly impressive. Curious to know/see what it actually is/does, though, and whether Hanekawa (+ Hitagi?)'ll really be able to handle it by herself.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 23:43   Link #28
taichi-kun

I hope they will explain hitagi's plan to help tsubasa's parents
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 00:45   Link #29
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Why would she need to help her parents? The implication was just that she needed a place to stay for up to a week.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 00:59   Link #30
SQA

Quote:
I really hope it isn't putting her up at Kanbaru's place. Though that could be hilarious for a few other reasons.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 02:18   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Yeah, not exactly sure there was any sort of plan. Just give Hanekawa somewhere to stay until her family finds a place for them to rent. Then she moves back in with them.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:29   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, not exactly sure there was any sort of plan. Just give Hanekawa somewhere to stay until her family finds a place for them to rent. Then she moves back in with them.
Well, considering the unique brand of hospitality by Hitagi, I sure hope Hanekawa stays put for a bit longer. Scrubbing your back for a thorough cleaning is a two persons job. As a sign of gratitude, Hanekawa can take care of the laundry and cooking while wearing that awesome apron.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 03:21   Link #33
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I really like what they're doing with the pacing here. I guess removing Hana was a good thing after all.
And yes, damn, that shower scene, that was something. Shaft is the best.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 03:51   Link #34
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Well, considering the unique brand of hospitality by Hitagi, I sure hope Hanekawa stays put for a bit longer. Scrubbing your back for a thorough cleaning is a two persons job. As a sign of gratitude, Hanekawa can take care of the laundry and cooking while wearing that awesome apron.
Indeed, Hitagi is a very bothersome girl, it's no surprise that only Koyomi and Tsubasa can stand her... oh! and Suruga, but she is even more weird when it comes to hosting guests
Old 2013-07-14, 03:54   Link #35
Awrya
U mad?

Shaft doing awesome visuals as always, I think they mastered the art of censorship.
Great dialogue by Nisio as always, especially Senjōgahara asking Hanekawa the same question at the end of the episode as last episode, in a completely different context.
Old 2013-07-14, 03:55   Link #36
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

HOLY YURI!

I'm giving this a 10! The DVD/Blu-ray is gonna have uncensored glorious yuri bath!
Old 2013-07-14, 03:57   Link #37
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
HOLY YURI!

I'm giving this a 10! The DVD/Blu-ray is gonna have uncensored glorious yuri bath!
Nah! the toothbrush scene was better (in that field) even acknowledged by those who hate the anime with a passion
Old 2013-07-14, 04:01   Link #38
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

so basically Black Hanekawa lost to that random cat white tiger and forced to retreat?

and what was with this "she saw me" thing

curious how Black Hanekawa (probably with help from Hitagi) is going to solve this problem without our ahoge lolicon protagonist
Old 2013-07-14, 04:04   Link #39
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
and what was with this "she saw me" thing
Remember there are many magical creatures who are only seen by humans who are associated with them, like the Snail. So since Hanekawa saw the Tiger, she can't be ignored.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:20   Link #40
Vertiago
The Monkey among Men

Sorry to kinda bring this off topic, but is there a name for the piano song that starts when Hitagi touches Tsubasa's hair after the shower? I also remember it being in the first episode, and I love the tune. :l
Vertiago is offline   Reply With Quote