AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2017-12-14, 01:25   Link #3221
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Beast Titan appears to be the only Titan that can speak. Or rather, his "voice" as a whole is his power. Any Beast user can speak, Zeke can command due to his heritage.
I'm not sure on the latter part. The commanding part is his heritage yes, but I think speaking is something any titan could possibly do. Most of them just don't do it, because they aren't sane and the shifters probably have to learn it.
In one of the first chapters there was a talking Titan, we know that Eren could do it during his practicing and IIRC the two Titans who were held custody by the army and later killed by Annie started it as well.
I think the most obviously power of the Beast Titan is his form. He is the only Titan so far, who doesn't look like a larger version of a human.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 03:33   Link #3222
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Didn't they mention attracting wild titans with her screams as the Female Titan's ability? I think it was in one of the chapters showing Annie, Reiner and Bert's training.
Female Titan was an all rounded in ability aka Jack of all trades but master of none.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 20:46   Link #3223
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm not sure on the latter part. The commanding part is his heritage yes, but I think speaking is something any titan could possibly do. Most of them just don't do it, because they aren't sane and the shifters probably have to learn it.
In one of the first chapters there was a talking Titan, we know that Eren could do it during his practicing and IIRC the two Titans who were held custody by the army and later killed by Annie started it as well.
I think the most obviously power of the Beast Titan is his form. He is the only Titan so far, who doesn't look like a larger version of a human.
I think you are right. When fighting Reiner for the first time, ErenTitan had to make a growl to communicate with the others.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 19:33   Link #3224
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Ymir also showed that she could talk in her titan form, she did so the first time that she transformed in front of Historia.

Titans in general do seem to have a lot of difficulty to talk, Zeke is the only one that can do it easily but he's far from being the only one that can do it.

Quote:
The Colossal Titan is the largest titan. Others can be big, but he's the largest.
Uh... Rod Reiss became a titan twice as big as the colossal titan.

In the end, while some shifters showed to have peculiar skills most of those were proven to not be unique, and only in a few cases they are still unmatched by other titans.

At any rate even if shifters do have a skill that they are the most proficient at, they definitely aren't necessarily named after that.

For instance the Colossal titan is named that way because he's the biggest among the 9 shifters, but he's not the biggest a titan can ever be, and if he has an ability that no other titan can match that would rather be the ability to generate heat, not the "ability" to be big.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 19:44   Link #3225
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Uh... Rod Reiss became a titan twice as big as the colossal titan.
Where was his height ever stated?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 21:18   Link #3226
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Where was his height ever stated?
The exact height (120 m) has been disclosed in the book "Attack on Titan Answers", but even without that the fact that Titan Rod was way bigger than the Colossal Titan is quite visible from the manga.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 17:14   Link #3227
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 100
These last couple chapter have been awesome and seeing Willy Taybar get crushed was awesome. Hopefully Eren will crush his family next. If I were Eren I would have grabbed willy and eaten his family(legs first so they could suffer) right in front of him then crush him. Willy and the Taybar family might has well lead by example if he is going to condemn all Eldians to death. Has for Willy's deceleration of war. Eren was going to give them a chance at peace on page 36. Another things Eren has grown up nicely, he is a spitting image of his dad and his legacy. Marley is also got leaks and moles in their military because how is it that Eren and his crew are slipping in and know were to strike? They crippled two titans changers already and they knew about the upcoming world meeting. This is very detailed information and its accurate. That would also mean that either other nations are working with Paradise Island or Taybar clan and Marley have some serious leaks. I say this because Eren and Paradise Island could have attacked anytime within in the 4 years. Why attack after Marley won the war, how did they know that a huge announcement like this would have existed, and why wait till the world meeting?

"Road to hell is paved with good intentions"
Its people like Willy that cause these wars, they always believe they are doing good for others but end up doing more damage. Willy is a self righteous hypocrite, coward, and very selfish. Whats even more irritating is the worlds ignorance, stupidity, naive, and gullible. They two deserved to be crushed along with all the Eldians in that camp. From the crowds perspective how do you know any of the stuff Willy is saying is true? Two how did he know about Eren Yeager? Three how long have you know this information? Four how do we know you aren't lying to us? Five how do we know the story won't be changed in couple years? Willy let some information out which means Paradise Island has spys and double agents in there ranks. Also Willy had a gut feeling he would be attacked and he was right. What is Willy's game and what does he stand to gain by igniting a war between the World and Paradise Island? I love people and how they act noble, appoint themselves judge, jury, and executioner. They always know whats best for people (Strong Sarcasm).

More Questions then answers
I wonder if any of the countries know about the atom or bothered trying to split it? Eren know if he touches or eats a member of the royal family he will have the ability to control all titans or get there memories, how much i wonder does he know now that 4 years have passed and did he tell queen Historia about his revelations or reveal this ability to the rest of his superiors? I wonder what Paradise Island technology is like? Marley sent 32 spy ships to paradise Island but they were lost. Was Marley not concerned that they could reverse engineer the technology? I wonder how far Paradise Island has progressed now they know about the outside world now that no one is suppressing information? Just think it took the world millions of soldiers, ships, war technology to kill titans or be on par with them and they still lost. It only took Paradise Island 200 soldiers and bunch of 3rd gear to take down the same titans that are winning wars for Marley. Talk about efficiency and accomplishments. Erwin(and his brilliance in tactics) and Scout Regiment are world's greatest titans killers. Only through history will the ignorant masses ever realize who the Scout Regiment are and what they accomplished.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 18:21   Link #3228
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I'm still curious about if Annie's father is just trying to be faithful to the promise or he's just hoping.

Mrs. Braun is a bitch to me. Reiner while done his fair share of horrible acts, is just getting torn up inside for all of it, guilty conscious and survivors guilt. Plus him not wanting to get that to his cousin, it's somewhat admirable.

lol Eren totally played Falco guy for a fool, but for a reason? Because getting Reiner to the place.

The solider who trapped Pieck and Porco is probably Connie. Speaking of Porco, I wished he'd die, I don't like him. I miss Ymir, what a waste and lame way to go. Some may find it fine but it just all seem so pointless. I don't think that's the end of either Ymir nor Berthold, somehow.
Why even mention his father as well, what's the point in that?

Wonder if we will see Mikasa and or Annie soon. Armin and the others too. What's the whole 4 year time skip done for them and what happened in between that time.

I kind of miss the Atmosphere that the City of Walls gave instead of what Marley and the rest of the world gives. Either the higher tech or so I don't like as much.

PS. Chapter 96 Flat Chested Annie is best Annie, No pedo though.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2017-12-25 at 20:51.
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 12:52   Link #3229
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Zhit!zhit!zhit!
This chapter is awesome!!! awesomely short

Last edited by Ruki0089; 2017-12-29 at 13:11.
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 18:48   Link #3230
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Eh Mikasa doesn't look at that great with short hair. Not a Fan, I liked the shoulder length at least.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-31, 17:58   Link #3231
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 100
These last couple chapter have been awesome and seeing Willy Taybar get crushed was awesome. Hopefully Eren will crush his family next. If I were Eren I would have grabbed willy and eaten his family(legs first so they could suffer) right in front of him then crush him.

Willy is a self righteous hypocrite, coward, and very selfish. Whats even more irritating is the worlds ignorance, stupidity, naive, and gullible.

Uh yeah, pot meet kettle, okay mr. preachy do you even know what self righteous even means? Because you’re doing it right now, self-righteous is someone with hypocritical morals, someone who acts like they are a good or beneficial person but their actions and behaviour are the opposite, and hoo boy what you said above is the definition of a blood hungry psychopath.

Try watching the Roy vs Envy fight from Full Metal Alchemist.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-01, 00:53   Link #3232
shadow of the day

so taybar and reiner are dead?
Old 2018-01-01, 11:55   Link #3233
grecefar

warhammer is ugly scary...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-02, 03:09   Link #3234
ReddyRedWolf

"How? We are suddenly at war?!"

Dude like Marley has been waging war on Paradis island for decades, escalated it 9 and 5 years ago, and Willy declared war on them making it fraking official. Marley has always been at war just that it hasn't suffered an attack at it's heartland until now.

"Eren, please come home"

Is Mikasa Eren's mother or wife?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-02, 10:40   Link #3235
shadow of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Dude like Marley has been waging war on Paradis island for decades, escalated it 9 and 5 years ago, and Willy declared war on them making it fraking official. Marley has always been at war just that it hasn't suffered an attack at it's heartland until now.

"Eren, please come home"

in my perspective its still the same relationship sister/mother its like eren has been doing all by himself and the people who help krueger, that line of "eren come home" its like she is the one who has been following eren (and the others) probably they dont want a war anymore, and she is the one who is trying to convince eren to come back home , and eren probably still want that vengeance for his freedom, i dont really remember how many years have pass since they reach the ocean but i remember isayama one time say that the characters probably dont share the same goals after they reach that point, the only two character i recognize are jean and obviously mikasa, but i guess we have to wait to the next month
Old 2018-01-02, 20:42   Link #3236
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

For the ones who are not sure, this is the final arc of the manga

http://suniuz.tumblr.com/post/169052...g-post-in-2017
Old 2018-01-03, 03:18   Link #3237
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow of the day View Post
in my perspective its still the same relationship sister/mother its like eren has been doing all by himself and the people who help krueger, that line of "eren come home" its like she is the one who has been following eren (and the others) probably they dont want a war anymore, and she is the one who is trying to convince eren to come back home , and eren probably still want that vengeance for his freedom, i dont really remember how many years have pass since they reach the ocean but i remember isayama one time say that the characters probably dont share the same goals after they reach that point, the only two character i recognize are jean and obviously mikasa, but i guess we have to wait to the next month
Yeah the objectives have changed I guess. Also even if Mikasa crosses the line with Eren and had a child won't he/she die quickly? I mean wasn't it stated (before they reach the ocean) that the child would have the same lifespan as the father. Also a Titian only has 10 years of life. Thus Eren is getting close to when he dies...He had 7 years left before the time lapse. Its been 4 years. Thus Eren should have 3 more years left to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
For the ones who are not sure, this is the final arc of the manga

http://suniuz.tumblr.com/post/169052...g-post-in-2017
That's a shame.
Old 2018-01-03, 06:43   Link #3238
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Uh yeah, pot meet kettle, okay mr. preachy do you even know what self righteous even means? Because youÂ’re doing it right now, self-righteous is someone with hypocritical morals, someone who acts like they are a good or beneficial person but their actions and behaviour are the opposite, and hoo boy what you said above is the definition of a blood hungry psychopath.

Try watching the Roy vs Envy fight from Full Metal Alchemist.
Authority
Since you have the authority over the matter you might has well tell How I was being self righteous? Was everything I said about Willy not true? He is and Eldian is not? Did he not condem his whole race(Eldians) to execution? Did he just declare war on a whole nation that he knew little of or the situation of? Second, did I say my actions would be justified to yours, gods, or the forums moral standards when it comes to opinion of right and wrong. I merely said what i would do weather it was justified or not. You should finish the description of a self righteous person for the rest of this forum. Self-righteous individuals are often intolerant of the opinions and behaviors of others. You fit that description.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 12:00   Link #3239
Ultragunner

So the Warhammer Titan....
Spoiler for chapter 101 spoiler on the Warhammer Titan:

Quote:

"Eren, please come home"

Those two things can have a lot of overlap
Old 2018-01-06, 16:36   Link #3240
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Hmmm......yes.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote