AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-12-14, 07:50   Link #17401
tuckersister

The wiki site really needs to be updated.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 18:06   Link #17402
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Date A Live wouldn't be in the section parents would be buying books from. Again, a mom wouldn't go looking for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and buy Twilight, would she?
Although, manga and light novels aren't normally the type of thing a parent would buy anyway.
Aren't parents generally the one with veto power over what kind of media kids and early teenagers can purchase, though? A prominently-displayed age rating is one way a parent can know quickly whether a game or a book is likely to be appropriate for their child when they're asking their parents to buy something new.

Quote:
...No offence, but I'm not even quoting most of this. I've explained why DAL getting anything other than a Dating Sim is next-to impossible. If you can't or refuse to understand that, then I've no interest in continuing the conversation tract.
I think I'll settle for DAL characters ending up as secret bosses in the Neptunia games at this point. It's all on studios and IP holders being willing to take chances on promising properties though; the first Neptunia game was a gamble that succeeded after all, and DAL already has an established fan base that might be open to new things. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Quote:
DAL 18 or 19 IS the last. That's what 'climax' means in this context, and DAL has been referred to, twice, as being 'at its climax'. There is NO filler to be added. We're done.
However, DAL's releases are spotty. We could get V18, DAB3 (which, in and of itself, is almost certainly the final one), V19, Encore 8 and Encore 9 next year...or we could just get V18, DAB3 and Encore 8 (assuming, of course, that 18 itself isn't the last one anyway). We just don't know.
It seems that I wasn't entirely clear. I meant that the DAL LN could postpone its own final volume releases until after the 3rd season finishes airing, rather than adding filler to the LN, as the previous series I've mentioned did to their anime adaptations. Perhaps I'm being unreasonably optimistic. I never expected DAL to get a third season, let alone a show over 10 years old like Full Metal Panic.

But how is the author going to cram all the unanswered questions into the ending volumes? Too much of an infodump pisses off fans. We still have things like the true pasts of the spirits who don't remember their pasts (i.e., basically everyone but Nia, Origami, and Mukuro). We still have to see many of the Spirits' inverse forms, and how Shidou will put them down. I'm still waiting to see how Shidou will come to terms with what exactly the world had to go through just so he could be alive. By the way, is DAB really going to just skip over so many spheres that Kurumi had to travel through?

Quote:
And the reason it doesn't happen, is because its suicide. Roughly half of DAL's income is from casual fans, rather than diehards. There are well over 100 light novels released by Kadokawa alone each month. A good portion of them magic/sci-fi harems. If DAL delays releases...it will be forgotten; buried by all of the other lns that are similar.
The longer the gap between released, the more people stop caring. Unless you're a global name, like SAO or Haruhi, that is.
Haruhi is most definitely a global brand. Just look at Haruhi's VA, Aya Hirano, going to an anime goods store in NYC where she spent some of her early years and the reaction she gets over there:

But then the animation company pulled stuff like the Endless Eight arc (that could have been covered in a one-episode clip show).

The fact that DAL managed to carve out a good niche speaks to how it's managed to stand above its peers, unlike, say, an LN series like Masochistic Ecstasy. LN releases aren't the only way to build hype either. There's the side stories, audio dramas, and some other ways to add hype or keep people in the loop, such as promotional material in the anime magazines. But you should remember that the anime gets funded largely from the hardcore otaku crowd, which is one reason why Japanese BD sets are so expensive. Putting out some more figures of the spirits is one way to keep the project funded.

I'd like DAL to become a global brand too. I'd rather watch Shidou and the spirits than Haruhi on my own part.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 20:50   Link #17403
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Aren't parents generally the one with veto power over what kind of media kids and early teenagers can purchase, though? A prominently-displayed age rating is one way a parent can know quickly whether a game or a book is likely to be appropriate for their child when they're asking their parents to buy something new.
That has no bearing on what I said at all. I said DAL wouldn't be in the section that parents would buy from. Ergo, a parent wouldn't buy it.

Quote:
I think I'll settle for DAL characters ending up as secret bosses in the Neptunia games at this point. It's all on studios and IP holders being willing to take chances on promising properties though; the first Neptunia game was a gamble that succeeded after all, and DAL already has an established fan base that might be open to new things. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
You won't get that either. Same artist or no, they're two separate franchises owned by two separate companies. DAL is, in addition to ending soon, also not popular enough to justify it.
A Neptunia casual would have no idea who these non-Neptunia characters are, nor any reason to care.[/Quote]

Quote:
It seems that I wasn't entirely clear. I meant that the DAL LN could postpone its own final volume releases until after the 3rd season finishes airing, rather than adding filler to the LN, as the previous series I've mentioned did to their anime adaptations. Perhaps I'm being unreasonably optimistic. I never expected DAL to get a third season, let alone a show over 10 years old like Full Metal Panic.
No, you were clear. The logic is still faulty - delaying a release will just cause readers to lose interest. Die hards will stay, sure, but there are far less of them than you seem to think. The casuals, where a good chunk of the LN sales come from, would just move on.

Quote:
But how is the author going to cram all the unanswered questions into the ending volumes? Too much of an infodump pisses off fans. We still have things like the true pasts of the spirits who don't remember their pasts (i.e., basically everyone but Nia, Origami, and Mukuro). We still have to see many of the Spirits' inverse forms, and how Shidou will put them down. I'm still waiting to see how Shidou will come to terms with what exactly the world had to go through just so he could be alive. By the way, is DAB really going to just skip over so many spheres that Kurumi had to travel through?
...Why on earth would you think we'd see all the Inversions in person? It's been obvious for ages we weren't going to, especially when Yoshino's appeared in artbook at random, and Nia and Mukuro's passed by without artwork (even if Tachibana did explain why Mukuro didn't have any).
The Spirits' pasts could be easily dealt with in little flashes, like Mio's backstory in V17, and that's literally the last mystery left.

Quote:
Haruhi is most definitely a global brand. Just look at Haruhi's VA, Aya Hirano, going to an anime goods store in NYC where she spent some of her early years and the reaction she gets over there:

But then the animation company pulled stuff like the Endless Eight arc (that could have been covered in a one-episode clip show).

The fact that DAL managed to carve out a good niche speaks to how it's managed to stand above its peers, unlike, say, an LN series like Masochistic Ecstasy. LN releases aren't the only way to build hype either. There's the side stories, audio dramas, and some other ways to add hype or keep people in the loop, such as promotional material in the anime magazines. But you should remember that the anime gets funded largely from the hardcore otaku crowd, which is one reason why Japanese BD sets are so expensive. Putting out some more figures of the spirits is one way to keep the project funded.

I'd like DAL to become a global brand too. I'd rather watch Shidou and the spirits than Haruhi on my own part.
...Yes, I said - quite clearly - that Haruhi is a global brand, even despite it' hiccups. But its far, far too late for DAL to reach that level at this point, because it's practically over. That's what a 'novel series's climax' means, especially in Japan.

...I'm not even sure why I bothered responding, honestly. You seem like a nice enough guy (girl? I kept getting misgendered after all - look at my title), but you just don't seem to have any grasp of the way the Japanese media system works at all, nor any interest in learning about or accepting it, merely handwaving it with a dismisive 'but it'd be better if they did that...'

Whatever you want to think is up to you, man, I'm done saying the same thing over and over.

...No offence meant, that is - like I said, you seem nice enough - I'm just tired of posting the exact same thing in this thread over and over.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 08:07   Link #17404
tuckersister

Is DAB popular than its other SS light novels?
Old 2017-12-16, 12:03   Link #17405
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Is DAB popular than its other SS light novels?
Not particularly. The lack of info about it is largely because it’s quite unpopular by the look of things - because it has no discernible impact on the main story.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2017-12-16, 19:49   Link #17406
tuckersister

I really thought the light novel would ok because Kurumi was in it. I'm guessing DAB III is the last one. I'm looking forward to this one cuz Kurumi is fight her Inverse counterpart (sort of) which was something I wanted to see for a long time (though in the MS).

How many SS light novels are there? Which had more than one volume (don't count Encore series).
Old 2017-12-16, 20:12   Link #17407
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I really thought the light novel would ok because Kurumi was in it. I'm guessing DAB III is the last one. I'm looking forward to this one cuz Kurumi is fight her Inverse counterpart (sort of) which was something I wanted to see for a long time (though in the MS).

How many SS light novels are there? Which had more than one volume (don't count Encore series).
Yeah, you’re right - from what the Special Report was implying, Kurumi VS Inverse Kurumi is the big final confrontation of DAB.

As for spinoffs...none.
Date A Bullet is the only spin-off light novel of Date A Live.
There are the Encores, but they aren’t spin-offs, and there are spin off manga (Date A Party - one volune, Date A Origami - one volume, and Date AST Like - four volumes), but no other spin-off novels.

Letting Go
Old 2017-12-17, 06:56   Link #17408
tuckersister

I'm praying the writing for that fight will be good and descent. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2017-12-20, 06:32   Link #17409
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Well, Encore 7's out, so we should get the illustration any time now.

Letting Go
Old 2017-12-20, 07:19   Link #17410
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

DAL Encore 7
https://imgur.com/a/A3zCX
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 08:13   Link #17411
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Unlimited Chuuni Works!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Kurumi is great as always ♥.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 08:51   Link #17412
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Mikazuki and Tama? Never thought of this pairing.
Old 2017-12-20, 09:08   Link #17413
CanDurukan

I couldn't match Miku/Unknown girl illustration with any of stories. Is there anyone with an idea?
CanDurukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 09:08   Link #17414
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Kanazuki :P

I personally think they'd be pretty cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDurukan View Post
I couldn't match Miku/Unknown girl illustration with any of stories. Is there anyone with an idea?
The new girl? No. Looks like a new SS.

Letting Go
Old 2017-12-20, 09:34   Link #17415
CanDurukan

Quote:
The new girl? No. Looks like a new SS.
I mixed the names (kanjis) of Miku and Nia so it must be from Miku Burglar. I wonder who she is, most probably one of victims of Miku and not someone important
Old 2017-12-20, 09:59   Link #17416
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Quote:
I mixed the names (kanjis) of Miku and Nia so it must be from Miku Burglar. I wonder who she is, most probably one of victims of Miku and not someone important
Tachibana's teased other ships for most of the girls (Natsumi x Yoshino and Kotori x Mana most obviously), so if we don't get a harem end, I could see this being the girl Miku ends up with.
She's certainly not someone important though, yeah - I imagine she's like the other idol in Miku On Stage or the foreign princess in Reine Holiday - just a character to help push the plot of the short story along.

Letting Go
Old 2017-12-20, 12:16   Link #17417
CanDurukan

Quote:
Tachibana's teased other ships for most of the girls (Natsumi x Yoshino and Kotori x Mana most obviously), so if we don't get a harem end, I could see this being the girl Miku ends up with.
She's certainly not someone important though, yeah - I imagine she's like the other idol in Miku On Stage or the foreign princess in Reine Holiday - just a character to help push the plot of the short story along.
Yeah but none of them got drawn before. It is the point which makes me think "if she will make her place in main story unlike the ones who just helped to push side stories".
Old 2017-12-20, 13:50   Link #17418
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
After seeing that image, I suddenly feel as if Tachibana's been hinting this pairing since day one.
Old 2017-12-20, 14:04   Link #17419
AP24

How do Tama-chan and Kannazuki end up meeting each other anyway?

Also, I'm worried about the upcoming anime season after reading this: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...paying/.125502
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 14:32   Link #17420
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
How do Tama-chan and Kannazuki end up meeting each other anyway?

Also, I'm worried about the upcoming anime season after reading this: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...paying/.125502
At an adults party.

Letting Go

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy