AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 10:14   Link #41
Quantumempixusxast
The Supersymetric Soul

Second Episode!!!

Woah, the second season promises so much plot in comparison to the last one, perhaps we'll unveil all the mysteries beneath the Ai's followers and herself. According to me, it sounds silly; I truly wish to know the origin , that is , this spider....why a spider, come to think?

Spoiler:

All my thanks to the uploaders at Youtube.
Quantumempixusxast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 12:11   Link #42
Woko

After ep1 I was filled with expectations that story (at least some kind of) will finally appear. But ep2 was pretty much the same episodic crap (though
Spoiler:
but it's only details! I don't mind episodic content but there has to be some kind of development (cowboy bebop anyone?), but if they keep using the same formula in Futakomori again it will be really cheap of them.
Woko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 20:40   Link #43
Miyu the Vampiress

Wow I love NightmaRe. The graphics and song are great!
Miyu the Vampiress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 23:15   Link #44
-EV-
NSX Commander

Send a message via MSN to -EV-
Anyone knows when the ED single will be released or something?
-EV- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 09:00   Link #45
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I have to agree with wrex_japan that the sound effects were grim and creepy and coupled with the strange hallucinations plus the computer turning by itself, then made for an effective supernatural scare.

But at the same time, I do also agree with dxgarten that the episode's story was saturated with plot holes plus the conclusion seems hypocritical in itself.

Spoiler:

Special Guest.

Did anyone got hold of a man looking exactly alike to Kuraudo Oiishi from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni?

I clearly was able to tell him apart: the same red tie, overall, sleeveless black shirt, and chubby build.

Pay close attention when Yayoi is walking down the street lane just seconds before the scenario changes to the fountain at the park.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 19:35   Link #46
Miyu the Vampiress

I remember at the end of the 1st season there was a preview of this season showing a dead cat and a crying schoolgirl. Does anyone think there will be an episode showing what happened?
Old 2006-10-20, 10:24   Link #47
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyu the Vampiress View Post
I remember at the end of the 1st season there was a preview of this season showing a dead cat and a crying schoolgirl. Does anyone think there will be an episode showing what happened?
It won't due that it already has. Why do you think that schoolgirl had already the Wannyudo straw doll in her hands while Ai was watching her?

Also, I do not think it was a prologue to season two rather than an aftermath for season one once Ai resume again her duties as the Jigoku Shoujo.
Old 2006-10-21, 09:03   Link #48
Miyu the Vampiress

Ah ok thanks I guess I didn't think it through that well. ^^;
Anyway does anyone know an expected due date for episode one to be subbed?
Old 2006-10-21, 21:37   Link #49
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
I believe that unlike in Death Note, which has very specific rules, the Jigoku Tsushin is a little more flexible. It might have been okay to just type in, "the criminal" for the name, as Enma Ai knew the identity.

Here is my summary for episode 3: "Beloved Kei-chan." It's a sad tale about a girl's love for her next door neighbor.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 02:06   Link #50
Tsume

Anyone know if anyone's working on fansubbing this series? I really want to watch it, but I don't know enough Japanese to watch the raws. I'm rather shocked no one has released a fansub of this series yet.
Tsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 02:08   Link #51
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsume View Post
Anyone know if anyone's working on fansubbing this series? I really want to watch it, but I don't know enough Japanese to watch the raws. I'm rather shocked no one has released a fansub of this series yet.
Huzzah, Ayu, and Shinsen-Subs plan to sub it.
http://fansub.andrewlb.com/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202006
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 08:41   Link #52
DSJFX18
Destiny

I knew about Ayu, but didn't know Shinsen and Huzzah were also planning to sub it.
DSJFX18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 11:53   Link #53
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Huzzah, Ayu, and Shinsen-Subs plan to sub it.
http://fansub.andrewlb.com/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202006
Need no more waiting. Shinsen has now released their sub for season two-episode one (JS episode 27), taking first lead.
Old 2006-10-22, 14:16   Link #54
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I was ready to watch it when I realized that I haven't finished the first season...
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 00:07   Link #55
guess

Based on what you guys said and some blog, the second season basically tones up the violence while the pedohile fan service is toned down?
Old 2006-10-23, 00:56   Link #56
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I digress against the client's reason for revenge having watched episode three.

It's just like dxgarten stated on his/her blog for this episode. The Jigoku Tsusshin is not selective for the cases that are submitted. The Hell authorities just simply pick-up any request disregarding how immature or justified the client's desire for vengeance turns out to be, and then shove them right to Ai and co. faces.

Episode three explored the theme about relationship, but for the meganekko girl I found her situation juxtaposed with what she did.

Any other mean girl from her school could have done the same thing to her. Using her osananajimi as a play toy to pissed her.

Tae did not want to pursue a further relationship with Kei, because she was frightened that it would inevitably end up in failure. Her dream vision for she and her osananajimi remaining together as platonic in the best scenario.

But she doesn't understand that relationship do not function that way. Relationship deal about to give and take- care, trust, and most importantly communication.
How both parties choose to handle those relationship ultimately affects their outcome, whether they will stand long for years or wither away.

Tae should realize that deception and risk are fundamentals earned from experience that have to be dealt with, if a relationship with another person does not give harmony.

And seriously, I'm in contempt on how the screenwriters dumbed down Ai to obtain a relax relief amidst the middle of Tae's insecurity regarding to Kei.

Had Tae did not close herself to Kei, then the scenario of his death would have been avoided. She was just to idealistic not to notice until very late, that Yumie was hurting Kei out of pure pleasure to enjoy pissing off Tae.

I'm surprised that Yumie allowed Tae to stalk and pry her eyes on her while having an affair with the other guy. Common sense dictates that stalkers should be reported right away to the police, but Yumie didn't. Maybe just for the fun of hurting Tae.

The logic for this episode was a mess, that I do agree with Hone Onna on not getting the choices that Tae made.

Fortunately, there are some couple of details that allowed me to enjoy it.

First, the new non-vocal songs, that they'll be included in the third soundtrack. Particularly, the new score for the climax when the person pulls out the string, and the music heard when Ai's helpers torture the victimizer before she sends him/her to the ferry. That song to me sounds like a rendition from the Jigoku Shonen's theme song.

Second, Yumie's scream sounded convincing and naturally aghast. That's how the vicitimizers must scream when they are ferried to Hell.

Last, (Oops! I said two when I'm posting three), I liked how the writers focused on Hone Onna showing gentleness for the client.
Old 2006-10-23, 08:48   Link #57
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Based on what you guys said and some blog, the second season basically tones up the violence while the pedohile fan service is toned down?
Pedophile fanservice? What show were you watching? JS never had anything of that sort.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 14:59   Link #58
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
... What? You've never even watched the damn show. Trust me, if this were a fanservice anime, I sure as hell wouldn't be watching it.
Old 2006-10-28, 08:58   Link #59
wrex_japan

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori, ep. 4

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori, ep. 4 summary and screencaps. The Mystery Shoujo gets more air time... her name is
Spoiler:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 16:16   Link #60
^_Usagi_^
BaKa

Finally actually a PLOT & not an almost different depressing story each epi. huray
^_Usagi_^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror