AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2012-02-19, 11:04   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Love Live! School Idol Project (1st Season)

Original creator : ASCII Media Works (Dengeki's G Magazine)
Animation production : Sunrise
Plot summary : The story sets in Otonokizaka High School. However, it was threatened to closure due to the reduction of the number of the students. That's why nine of them needs to become idols in order to promote their school !
The anime studio Sunrise, the music label Lantis, and ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G Magazine developed Love Live! School Idol Project in October 2010 as a self-described "ultimate user-participation project" which lets its fans vote on the future of the fictional idol characters. Online mobile phone polls have determined different aspects of the idols, such as hairstyles and costumes.

Note : The project already inspired several animated music videos since its debut. Seven single CDs and three album CDs of the idol unit have been released.

My thoughts : First Idolmaster, then Symphogear, next AKB0048 and now this ! Good to see how the industry handle anime with young singers in order to rid generic ecchi stuff a bit !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-02-19 at 11:27.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 20:27   Link #2
djmaca
My Girl ↓

IdolM@ster clone huh? Depending on who the seiyuu are, I have to see it first before judging.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 21:40   Link #3
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Next time, post the source as well.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 00:01   Link #4
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*reads info on the School Idol Project*

So THAT's what this video (and all other related ones) was all about:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 00:11   Link #5
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Huh earlier today when I saw this thread I thought "Hmm very much looks like something I'll like but not exactly expect great things from, I'll keep a eye out for it but not keep a eye on it" however after seeing that vid above, I'm still kinda thinking I shouldn't expect great things from this but damn I am exicted!
I will now be keeping a eye on it to see whats to come.
Whether or not this is great, I know I'm still gonna love it, the power of a vid like that is quite frightening!
Old 2012-02-20, 00:20   Link #6
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

What is surprising is how awesome the quality of those videos are. These are above and beyond your usual animated music videos. If the actual anime can keep that level of animation, it'll be a treat to watch.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 00:28   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This should cover the losses from making an Anime about the 'normal' lives of boring and un-moe highschool boys
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 00:52   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
What is surprising is how awesome the quality of those videos are. These are above and beyond your usual animated music videos. If the actual anime can keep that level of animation, it'll be a treat to watch.
Yea, the quality of the vids is awesome thats what caught me out and got me so exicted.
But can't deny I have doubts we'd see such animation for the anime but I'm guessing we will where it counts.
Vids did their job tho, like I said frightening how well the vid got to me

Also as we'd all expect there will probably be "waifu claiming" later on but gotta say, I'd go with the harem route here, couldn't have it any other way
Old 2012-02-20, 01:07   Link #9
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This should cover the losses from making an Anime about the 'normal' lives of boring and un-moe highschool boys
I understand that those shows may be bad to you, but how are attempts at decentralizing your market a "loss" in any way?
Old 2012-02-20, 01:12   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I understand that those shows may be bad to you, but how are attempts at decentralizing your market a "loss" in any way?
Lets not kid ourselves, Sunrise isn't going to be making a ton of money from it. Hell, at best they could hope for is to break even.
Old 2012-02-20, 01:14   Link #11
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Just flat out say the title and say "it's boring".

Ontopic, nice vids. I might as well put this on my check list...

Is this for next season?
Old 2012-02-20, 01:17   Link #12
thirdlc

At least the first PV costed 40 million yen, 2~4 times as much as a typical TV anime episode.

Sunrise 8th studio made Idolm@star into a mecha anime once, and now is producing a true idol anime. I have to say I'm full of deep emotions.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 01:19   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Just flat out say the title and say "it's boring".
I'm starting to get the feeling that people don't seem to get the joke... Don't worry, let me do the following changes so that it's more apparent-

Quote:
This should cover the losses from making an Anime about the 'normal' lives of 'boring' and 'un-moe' highschool boys

...If people STILL don't get it then forget it- I'm not risking making this any more off-topic than necessary; transmission end.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-02-20 at 01:39.
Old 2012-02-20, 02:01   Link #14
Aesthetic Shampoo

Ha, first thing i thought was idolm@ster as well when i read the synopsis. Though it looks like its going to have the same problem as idolm@ster as well: TOO MANY CHARACTERS. Less than idolm@ster thankfully, but i still think its going to be a problem when the focus will be all over the place ie. the girls. The very large amount of girls.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 02:10   Link #15
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Ha, first thing i thought was idolm@ster as well when i read the synopsis. Though it looks like its going to have the same problem as idolm@ster as well: TOO MANY CHARACTERS. Less than idolm@ster thankfully, but i still think its going to be a problem when the focus will be all over the place ie. the girls. The very large amount of girls.
50 episodes will not suffice, ikr?
Old 2012-02-20, 02:22   Link #16
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Lets not kid ourselves, Sunrise isn't going to be making a ton of money from it. Hell, at best they could hope for is to break even.
Oh! I see now that you're talking about *financial* losses. Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Anyway, what exactly is this an adaptation of, if anything? All I can find from my quick research is that there are a few songs and albums plus some music videos by Sunrise, but that's pretty much it. Is this the first time we'll get to know these idols in any way or form? The iDOLM@STER had it easy because it was working with already iconic and fairly popular characters. It'll take some effort from Sunrise to make me care about these idols in the same way as I do for Amami Haruka, Kisaragi Chihaya, et cetera.

Quote:
You'd be surprised at how well large casts can be handled with proper writing, planning and direction. Not to say that one shouldn't be wary though, as it can also go wrong easily (see: Angel Beats).
Old 2012-02-20, 04:21   Link #17
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
50 episodes will not suffice, ikr?
If its 50 episodes, then it should be fine as long as the writers don't mess up But where did you get the 50 from?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 07:31   Link #18
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
well considering the amount of scans and the short ova last year it's a fun watch

Spoiler for Love Live idols (old scan):

Old 2012-02-20, 08:42   Link #19
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
If its 50 episodes, then it should be fine as long as the writers don't mess up But where did you get the 50 from?
Just an example....
Old 2012-02-21, 21:14   Link #20
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
[IMG]
My thoughts : First Idolmaster, then Symphogear, next AKB0048 and now this ! Good to see how the industry handle anime with young singers in order to rid generic ecchi stuff a bit !
your comment kills in absolute any program type american idol. lol

Quote:
IdolM@ster clone huh? Depending on who the seiyuu are, I have to see it first before judging.
no, no, no the idolmaster it's autentic, i think the love Live is a FanService

Quote:
LOL

for a moment i think this anime is a clone of american idol or some mexican programs of reality that seen like a shit.

oh! Moe is what characterizes these animes, without the charm and Moe no joke

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life