AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-12-27, 05:38   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Theresa was certainly hardened and sarcastic, but not badass. She just wasn't into it enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
One More character deserves a mention Asran (let me check) from Trinity Blood
Can't discuss that one. I fail again.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 05:42   Link #22
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Aside from the more obvious ones like the girls from Black Lagoon and Claymore, I would say Biske(Biscuit?) from Hunter X Hunter Greed Island Arc.

Can't get more bad ass than this can you?
Heh.
Old 2007-12-27, 05:42   Link #23
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Theresa was certainly hardened and sarcastic, but not badass. She just wasn't into it enough.

Can't discuss that one. I fail again.
She is a minor chracter from Trinity Blood not badass by Revy Standards ... Astharoshe Asran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife View Post
Aside from the more obvious ones like the girls from Black Lagoon and Claymore, I would say Biske(Biscuit?) from Hunter X Hunter Greed Island Arc.

Can't get more bad ass than this can you?
Heh.
Biske is a really cool awesome genius of a chracter . But I wouldnt say badass the 'caring' part takes away her Badass points . BadAss pretty much empitomizes in your face devil may cry attitude .

A good non anime reference James Dean (Jim Stark) from Rebel without a Cause or Sigourney Weaver from Alien
Old 2007-12-27, 06:00   Link #24
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
A good non anime reference James Dean (Jim Stark) from Rebel without a Cause or Sigourney Weaver from Alien
Jim Stark is a man so it is way easier for him to be badass. That hardly counts. Badass is such a macho trait that it is different and rare to see it in a woman.

Ripley and Sarrah Connor (in T2 only) are seriously badass. They are good live action examples.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-27, 06:13   Link #25
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah I have to agree on Sarah Connor was truly badass in T2, too bad Jim Connor couldnt be the half the man she was in resp with T3 . On topic of T3 Kristanna Loken was pretty badass .

Coming back to Animu . This is a good picture of Integra which reflects her badss attitude . The in your face / devil may cry attitude is reflected in this simple pic

Old 2007-12-27, 07:15   Link #26
Keahi19

Sergeant Major Melissa Mao- Full Metal Panic

She not only killed man, a trained mercenary mind you, with a kitchen utensil. She got him by throwing it, much harder, as well as having been critically injured a few hours before. And while hepped up on morphine.

That's bad ass in anyone's book. Incoherent and injured and she's still kicking ass. I mean REALLY!!
Keahi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 07:30   Link #27
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Coming back to Animu . This is a good picture of Integra which reflects her badss attitude . The in your face / devil may cry attitude is reflected in this simple pic
yeah, badass pic. here's a pic from the manga that reflects her badass-ness

aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 13:51   Link #28
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Beside the TC most of you forgot about Balalaika while talking about Revy. I don't think I seen female character that was more badass then Balalaika in anime. To be honest there were quite a few badass female character in Black Lagoon.
I would also like to mention Takamachi Nanoha .
Old 2007-12-27, 14:16   Link #29
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This totally belongs to Suzumiya Haruhi.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:32   Link #30
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Irene is the most baddass female
Seth from Trinty Blood
Old 2007-12-27, 15:19   Link #31
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

I can't believe Carrier hasn't arrived yet *builds additional pylons*

yeah, the BL girls and Integra I'd say are probably are the top choices; however Karura deserves to be in this thread more than some of the other ones mentioned (that NSW shot down )
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 15:25   Link #32
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Revy from Black Lagoon gets my vote.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 19:40   Link #33
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Yeah how did I forget Claymore @_@ Add Teresa Chwann to my list : D
I think so too. But i wanted to punch my screen when.... You know what happened
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 20:13   Link #34
TheNewbSwordsMan

Revy - Black Lagoon (for bloodlust attitude, killer gunslinging skills and sexy while doing it)

Ophelia - Claymore (for bloodlust attitude, killer sword techniques and scary while doing it)

Okoi - Basilisk (for literally the sucking the blood from your body and looking cute while doing it.)
TheNewbSwordsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 20:28   Link #35
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Revy yea...pretty much every female in BL is badass...just watch "sister I don't give a fck" swing her guns at some other unfortunate poor soul XD

Its hard to distinguish the strong from the badass. Though the badass usually carry extreme weapons...

Nanoha is another candidate imo...a girl so badass she doesn't know that vaporising the enemy is not a formal way to say "hi".

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 20:35   Link #36
Siegzon Caritas
Yuma! I CAN fight, too!

Send a message via MSN to Siegzon Caritas
Irene lopped ... Irene is one badass.

Teresa pre meeting Clare. Bad ass with a sweet smile. Get it? She played the Org. No one plays the Org without taking a beating, but she did and made them eat her bull.

Well it would be Teresa, except . . . well . . . Balalaika. Psycho killer twins found out what the viewers knew all along, Balalaika is in a class by herself.

Revy and the CIA agaent are badass, but too small potatoes to really swagger with the big girl. Its painfully obvius when the Scarred Queen of Badass is in the same anime.

Well, it would be Balalaika except for the one who takes two to hell every freakin episode...
Enma Ai. The Hellgirl. Sorry, Balalaika. There's loli then there's Lovecraft Lolli. And no one ever made her swerve or sway across the centuries from her dreadful profession. I'd face Balalaika first any day of the week.

Honorable mentions:
All the Claymores, even Yuma. Ever wonder that she stood and fought at Pieta while she was so weak. That's badass, too. And that's not my avatar talkin either. ALl the Fab7 earned a special mention for their baptism at Pieta.

Rukia. She is a toughie.

Elfen Lied: the little one in the wheel chair. Yikes.

Yuko from XXXHolic. She let that woman take the monkey's paw. brrrrrrrrr and Yummy at the same time.

How can I forget? LINA INVERSE from Slayers. She really took no guff that I remember.

Kagura-chan from Gintama. She'll take guff from Gintama, but that's it.

That middle sister in Ranma 1/2 who has a yen in place of her heart (metaphorically)

ok ok the major from gits.

anti badass remove the heebie badass jeebies: Chiyo-chan penguin form attack!
Siegzon Caritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 21:05   Link #37
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well like everyone says most of the Black Lagoon cast are badass, but I'd have to say Roberta tops the list there. She's like the T1000 but sooooo much nicer on the eyes

The Marciano's 12 Sisters from Coyote Ragtime Show, now this might only apply to some of them but they are cold...erm blooded? killers, dressed in gothic lolita outfits. Now can't say thats not badass

and yes Takamachi Nanoha should get a mention here
Old 2007-12-28, 02:23   Link #38
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbSwordsMan View Post
Okoi - Basilisk (for literally the sucking the blood from your body and looking cute while doing it.)
Sigh. I give up. There are some really good suggestions now, but if you look cute, you're not badass.

Strong, cool, powerful, dangerous. None of these are synonyms for badass. No matter how dangerous someone is, if she doesn't make your stomach clench with nervous tension and squirm at the thought of running into her in a dark alley, then she's not badass.

Yeah, Balalaika is pretty damn badass. Mao can be fairly badass as well, though not in that league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I would also like to mention Takamachi Nanoha .
Dangerous, but would you be worried about her losing her cool and killing you for ticking her off? Not really. Cute is never badass.

Well, I don't really feel like flogging this particular deceased equine anymore so this is probably my last post.

Old 2007-12-28, 02:34   Link #39
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Sigh. I give up. There are some really good suggestions now, but if you look cute, you're not badass.
I agree lol.

Nanoha, Rukia, haruhi, etc are too cute and soft.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 03:24   Link #40
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:

Strong, cool, powerful, dangerous. None of these are synonyms for badass. No matter how dangerous someone is, if she doesn't make your stomach clench with nervous tension and squirm at the thought of running into her in a dark alley, then she's not badass.
There are several opinions for people on considering a certain character being "cute". If I were to say that I thought Revy was cute, would we automatically assume that Revy can't fit into the "BadAss" catagory.

And here's the definition of BadAss from dictionary.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
–adjective Also, badassed.
1. (of a person) difficult to deal with; mean-tempered; touchy.
2. distinctively tough or powerful; so exceptional as to be intimidating.
–noun
3. a mean-tempered troublemaker.
So someone who is exceptionally powerful/intimidating CAN be considered BadAss. Unless you believe the dictionary is completely wrong.

Tags
anime