AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-17, 22:24   Link #101
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Oh boy, he can't just take her away in the dark of night and stage it as a kidnapping to avert any suspicion towards her and her family, noooo, he has to save her in the middle of her wedding, in front of everyone in the kingdom while making a mockery of every single soldier and Charles, while getting approval from her friedns and family who all happen to be higher ups or royals in the Kingdom, all for maximum cool points because of course, Not Kirito has to Kirito.
I'll totally allow it because it's more dramatically satisfying this way .

To be honest I'm kind of surprised Kirito never actually did this. Like imagine if he had interrupted Asuna's wedding to Sugou...although I think Sugou was planning to marry her while she was still in a coma and trapped in ALO ?
Old 2021-09-18, 01:59   Link #102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hopefully he kills Charles once and for all. He might as well make it worth his while if he's going to be that indiscreet about it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 02:35   Link #103
Lex79

Well, Rio would have taken Celia away discreetly had she allowed him,but she insisted of sacrificing herself, so there was no choice other than crashing the wedding. But the truth is, this series is about making Rio as cool and overpowered as possible, I like it this way but people expecting something different are going to be disappointed.
Old 2021-09-18, 04:27   Link #104
Marina2

Quote:
Oh boy, he can't just take her away in the dark of night and stage it as a kidnapping to avert any suspicion towards her and her family, noooo, he has to save her in the middle of her wedding, in front of everyone in the kingdom while making a mockery of every single soldier and Charles, while getting approval from her friedns and family who all happen to be higher ups or royals in the Kingdom, all for maximum cool points because of course, Not Kirito has to Kirito.
Actually, if he takes her during the night, it would look like she ran away and create bad image on her and her family - better kidnapping her in front of everyone so the shame will fall on Charles who let it happened during his own wedding. No one will blame Celia and her family too.
Old 2021-09-18, 07:05   Link #105
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Actually, if he takes her during the night, it would look like she ran away and create bad image on her and her family - better kidnapping her in front of everyone so the shame will fall on Charles who let it happened during his own wedding. No one will blame Celia and her family too.
Actually, Rio kidnapped Celia at the wedding partially because of this and because he simply didn't have much more time for doing it whenever else.
Old 2021-09-18, 11:36   Link #106
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
She was staying at his home, all Rio needed to do was make a bit show out of it (let some servants and soldiers see him taking her while she is passed out) and he would achieve the same result you just mentioned since she would have been "kidnapped" while under Charles care.

The only reasons they didn't do it the easy less complicated way is because the writer clearly wanted to:

- Have Rio look as "cool" as possible while saving her on her wedding day.

- Have her in a wedding dress to sell merchandise and appeal/pander to the frantic otaku's that will salivate all over themselves at seeing her in the wedding dress.

The whole political angle they are using as an excuse for the wedding comes off as really hollow and forced because they only exist to excuse the two points I just mentioned. It doesn't help that apparently they scrambled things around taking away some of the justifications of WHY the political stuff matters.

I'm enjoying the show just fine as a generic fantasy anime (although I am definitely glad that it doesn't rely on videogame mechanics like the vast majority of isekai trash nowadays), but (all throughout the show) you can see where writer really wants you to think his OC is the bestest ever just for the sake of making him look "cool" and nothing else. Sure, it pulls it of slightly better than most other series in the same vein, but at this point I am personally tired of that in anime.
Old 2021-09-18, 11:39   Link #107
Frontier

I think it made sense in the context of Celia claiming that she was doing this willingly and forcing Rio to leave her that he'd take the time to suss out the whole situation before making his move when he felt like he had to.
Old 2021-09-18, 16:07   Link #108
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think it made sense in the context of Celia claiming that she was doing this willingly and forcing Rio to leave her that he'd take the time to suss out the whole situation before making his move when he felt like he had to.
That makes no sense, if he wanted to know about it he could have asked her after taking her away, or she could have just told him right then and there why she was doing it, which would have made it even more apparent that it wasn't of her volition and that she was forcing herself, something that Rio should have been able to notice because he knows her personality.

That whole exchange was nothing more than plot induced stupidity to create drama and surface level political intrigue and to set up a situation for Rio to look "cool" while saving Wedding Dress Celia™.
Old 2021-09-18, 18:05   Link #109
Frontier

Quote:
That makes no sense, if he wanted to know about it he could have asked her after taking her away, or she could have just told him right then and there why she was doing it, which would have made it even more apparent that it wasn't of her volition and that she was forcing herself, something that Rio should have been able to notice because he knows her personality.

That whole exchange was nothing more than plot induced stupidity to create drama and surface level political intrigue and to set up a situation for Rio to look "cool" while saving Wedding Dress Celia™.
I think he probably was thrown off by her saying she was doing this willingly and wanted him to leave, especially after throwing it in his face whether he could go through with taking her as his wife, and she was saying that because she felt trapped in a situation where if she didn't go along with it her family might suffer (which I don't think Rio was aware of at the time) and it wouldn't have been appropriate for Rio to just grab and take her then.

I mean, this scenario will probably be more memorable .
Old 2021-09-19, 00:39   Link #110
Lex79

Rio would have never kidnapped Celia without her asking him to. He's a man on a path of revenge that doesn't believe he is able to take responsibility for other people and make them happy. Celia asked "so will you marry me instead?" and Rio couldn't answer because he doesn't see himself as a man worthy of her.
Celia didn't ask to be saved because she didn't want for Rio to be involved with the power struggles in Belrrum now that he's living an happy life elsewhere, especially knowing how many hardships he had to face because of the corrupt nobles.
Now of course Rio is aware that Celia isn't happy marrying a scumbag so he kept asking her what she really wants through Aishia. And in the end Celia isn't able to deny her true feelings when she realizes it's her last chance to be saved from a fate she despises. So the daring rescue operation starts.
To me not only it makes perfectly sense, but it also makes for a better story.
Old 2021-09-20, 14:01   Link #111
Frontier

Those poor soldiers just doing their job, but they're not prepared for an overpowered anime protagonist. And Rio's even more overpowered than the last time he was there .

I know Rio wasn't intentionally doing this to hurt/spite Charles for everything Charles put Rio through, but it had to at least be somewhat satisfying to punch him and keep him squirming underfoot .

When it gets right down to it, is Celia writing away her own happiness worth whatever temporary peace this will keep it in the capital? Deep down Celia doesn't want to go through with this and she finally agrees to let Rio spirit her away...and of course he princess carries the bride as he dramatically kidnaps her .

I do kind of feel bad for Celia's dad. As far as he is aware his daughter was genuinely held at knifepoint and is being kidnapped by some random guy with a grudge against the Arbor family, and he has no idea where she is or what will happen to her .

So Vanessa and Alfred are siblings? I can kind of see the resemblance there .

The bad guy is the only one who actually realizes that Rio is Rio, and yet Rio still doesn't even meet him for the umpteenth time .

It's tough to fight off a bunch of guys when you're trying not to kill anyone and they keep overwhelming you...it's even harder when Alfred shows up for his long-awaited showdown with Rio that the Opening has been showing off. Actually, it seemed like they actually reused some shots from the Opening during the fight. But Alfred's flashy finishing move gives Rio the perfect cover to dodge and get away .

I have to wonder if Celia was tempted to confess to Rio at all during this spiriting away...I mean, they're almost practically eloping! But I guess now there's time for her to build up to it .

Just as Rio and Celia are properly reunited and Celia becomes Rio's new traveling companion, with the two planning to properly and fully catch up, giant skybeams erupt from all corners of this world and sets off a quick setup for the next plot of this show .

So not only are we dealing with reincarnations of Japanese kids but actual Japanese kids transported to this world, complete with a last-minute sequence of people speaking the actual language of this world. And one of the kids transported just so happens to be Miharu/Mii-chan, Haruto's first love. This definitely shakes things up .

Poor Celia thought she and Rio were going to get some quality time together (aside from Aishia being a +1) but now she has to deal with Miharu. And then the final manga gag is Rio's entire Harem joining in now that Miharu has shown up as the new girl .
Old 2021-09-20, 14:16   Link #112
SidVicious
Anime addict

Cliffhanger ending just like Hagure Yuusha...damn.
Old 2021-09-20, 14:50   Link #113
Marina2

Poor Celia's dad, poor Christina. Rio and Celia should've given them some notes before they went away but I guess it can't be helped.

They can't just ended it there with no season 2.....

Many people think the same in comment sections
https://twitter.com/seireigensouki/s...04830496387074

Last edited by Marina2; 2021-09-20 at 15:06.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 15:09   Link #114
Frontier

Quote:
Poor Celia's dad, poor Christina. Rio and Celia should've given them some notes before they went away but I guess it can't be helped.
Yeah, as far as he's aware his daughter just got kidnapped by someone who held her at knifepoint and has a grudge against the Arbor family. Kind of feel bad for him .
Quote:
They can't just ended it there with no season 2.....

Many people think the same in comment sections
https://twitter.com/seireigensouki/s...04830496387074
Well after all the plot teases they shoved in at the end there .
Old 2021-09-20, 15:34   Link #115
Huh...?

They had been running a "Crowd Funding" project for this Series?
https://animefund.com/project/seireigensouki

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 16:23   Link #116
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
They had been running a "Crowd Funding" project for this Series?
https://animefund.com/project/seireigensouki
Yes, they were. It began the same the day the anime began, it seems to be for future projects.
Old 2021-09-20, 17:02   Link #117
Znail

There are some strange things with the politics and the plot. Who exactly are the ones that Arbor family manage to fool into blaming the other family and why does it matter? It couldn't be the peasants as it's hardly a democracy and they have no power. Other nobles seems to know what actually went on, so not them either.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 18:39   Link #118
Alchemist007
*Author

The way the episode ended was shoved in there like nothing I've seen in a while. To the point you could end right before that and be fine with the way the season ended, albeit with the barest of resolutions.

7/10
Old 2021-09-20, 19:25   Link #119
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
There are some strange things with the politics and the plot. Who exactly are the ones that Arbor family manage to fool into blaming the other family and why does it matter? It couldn't be the peasants as it's hardly a democracy and they have no power. Other nobles seems to know what actually went on, so not them either.
The nobles of the Bertram kingdom are divided in three factions:
1. The Arbor faction: lead by Helmut Arbor (Charles' father) whose ultimate goal is to make his house more powerfull than the royal family and have them as his puppets while he has the actual power.
2. The Hugenot faction: lead by Gustave Hugenot (Steward's father) whose ultimate goal is to be the most influential noble in the Beltram Kingdom, he doesn't want to go as far as having the royal family as his puppets but he still wants to be powerfull enough for them to move things in the way most convenient for him.
3. The Fontine faction: the most loyal to the royal family and the only ones genuiely under their control, they are lead by duke Fontine (Roana's father) and it includes another important families like the Emarl house (Vanessa's and Aldred's family) and the Claire house (Celia's family).

The situation before volume 1: Helmut Arbor deceived the senile previous king (Christina's and Flora's grandfather) into giving him the command of the kingdom's royal guard and the right to designate its members. Helmut used this authority for giving important jobs to the sons of a great quantity of nobles bringing them under his wing, enlarging his faction and using that for pressing with their numbers the royal family for taking the politics they wanted them to.

The situation when Flora was kidnapped: At this point the Arbor faction is composed of one half of the Kingdom's nobles, the Hugenot faction of a third and the remaining sixth is the Fontine faction. Thanks to the kidnapping Phillip gets a justification for taking back from Helmut the power he has missused through the years and beginning to get rid of his encroachment.

The situation at the end of volume 1: The kingdom's nobles are divided about what to do in response to their northern neighboor, the Proxia empire, with whom they have a bad relationship, strengthening its army, Philip and Gustave want to mantain the current status quo, Helmut wants the Beltram Kingdom to strengthen its army too in response. Despite the blow he suffered five years ago Helmut regained a lot of his power during this time, Phillip and Gustave need to keep a strong united front against Helmut so he can't impose his militaristic policies, if Gustave's family had had to take responsability for Flora's quasideath even together they wouldn't have had authorithy enough for stopping Helmut's plans, this is why they framed Rio for the sake of protecting Gustave's position, thanks to this maneuver Helmut's militaristic plans were stopped.

Aproximately three years and a half later, more or less at the same time that Rio left the Yagumo region, Reis, a diplomat from the Proxia empire thas has been connected to Charles behind the scenes for years already begins his plan for destroying the Bertram Kingdom. Reis approaches Charles and the Arbor family and proposes the next thing. The Proxia empire will take control of several cities in the Bertram Kingdom's northern region, then the ones who will be there for stopping their advance will be the Arbor family, thanks to the credit of stopping the invasion and by blaming Bertram's initial defeat on the royal family's and Gustave's weak policies they will be able of taking control of the kingdom's army and to begin a military dictatorship, afterwards the Proxia empire will also give back the captured cities and become their ally, but there is a condition. They must dissolve the alliance that the royal family made with the Galarc Kingdom east of them for the sake of not letting the Proxia Empire to conquer more lands of the strife zone divided into a lot of warring small kingdoms at the north of the Galarc Kingdom. Of course the Arbor family ignores that this condition was also for the sake of letting the Bertram kingdom now weakened due to the internal conflicts alone against a new attack from the Proxia Empire.

The circunstances around Celia's wedding: thanks to the deal with Reis the Arbor family took control of the Bertram Kingdom, they use their new power for pushing false charges of rebellion on the nobles of the other factions and crush their houses with that as an excuse if they don't joint Helmut's faction, the mayority of the Fontine faction already went through this and Gustave's faction is next. Flora and the nobles from Gustave's faction manage to run away and take refuge in the Bertram Kingdom's easthern region where they begin to organize their resistance against Helmut wit the help of Celia's father who is also working as a double agent for them. The Arbor family gives Celia's father two options, his family can be destroyed or they can survive by giving Celia as Charles' wife/hostage and being a double agent for them instead of Gustave if he doesn't want anything to happen to Celia and his house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The way the episode ended was shoved in there like nothing I've seen in a while. To the point you could end right before that and be fine with the way the season ended, albeit with the barest of resolutions.

7/10
The ending feels shoved there because it was really shoved there, the pillars of light and the reunion with Miharu happens at the beginning of the fourth book, a day before Aisia's awakening and four months before Celia's wedding, that happens at then end of the fifth book, but the anime skipped the fourth book and needed to rescue that important event afterwards, if it had been like in the books the anime was supposed to end with Rio flying in the sky princess carrying a happy Celia away from Bertram's capital.
Old 2021-09-20, 20:13   Link #120
Chosen_Hero

Wow, so you are telling me that waiting for the wedding day itself was unnecessary and that if they had actually talked properly about the circumstances the night before and done as I detailed in my other comment (which happens to be very close to what happened) literally nothing would have changed outside of Rio just shaming every guard in the city and Celia wearing a wedding dress? ... Ya don't say.