AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-23, 13:56   Link #121
Blaat

PV for second cour, spoilers if you haven't seen the latest episode.
TL;DR…
Hiding youtube video
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
2nd Cour image

Spoiler:
Old 2021-09-23, 18:04   Link #122
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The absence of Fuuka in both the PV and the visual is worrying. I thought she would end up at Tingaara, too.
Old 2021-09-23, 19:19   Link #123
Kazu-kun

Looks like the second season is focusing on Kukuru only.

I've nothing against Kukuru but I don't think it's enough to keep me watching.
Old 2021-09-23, 20:01   Link #124
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

People already pointed out that Fuukas name is in the staff schedule in PV, so nothing to worry about.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 20:51   Link #125
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

There going to be a time skip wondering how long it would be

Spoiler for EP12:
Old 2021-09-23, 21:30   Link #126
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
People already pointed out that Fuukas name is in the staff schedule in PV, so nothing to worry about.
There is another interpretation for that though. In that scene, one of Kururu's coworkers shoves the schedule on the table and looks pretty angry about something. I think Kururu mistakenly wrote Fuuka's name on the schedule and that's why her coworker was mad at her.
Old 2021-09-23, 23:30   Link #127
Wandering Soul

It's possible that they're just hiding Fuuka for now so she can make a surprise return down the road.
Old 2021-09-24, 01:12   Link #128
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It's possible that they're just hiding Fuuka for now so she can make a surprise return down the road.
There's no way Fuuka doesn't come back after the latest episode.

Meanwhile... "Onion Tasty Beer???"
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 09:03   Link #129
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 12:

good things come to end.. Gama Gama close. But it's also good for progression Kukuru, because she can now experience another larger aquarium.

sad that Fuuka did not accept the movie.. but maybe something better will be given to her by the story.

first half is over now... will give the next half 3 episodes. If Fuuka does not show up in the next three, then it's time to throw the towel.

8/10 for the first half.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 09:31   Link #130
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Images
Old 2021-09-30, 18:18   Link #131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They should have omitted the new OP from the episode to keep the ending a surprise. Why bother hiding the fact Fuuka will work at Tingaara and will apparently even be Kukuru's next door neighbour in the previews if you're going to spoil it in the first two minutes of the episode?
Old 2021-09-30, 20:25   Link #132
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I don't mind the fact everyone joined the new place thanks to connections, but they didn't even bother to explain the structure of the company, let alone their team to the new employees? The question is what did they do.
Also, outside of the "main" guy, why are all of the side-male characters so weird? You got the gay guy who hates girls, and now you got the furry that just hates people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They should have omitted the new OP from the episode to keep the ending a surprise. Why bother hiding the fact Fuuka will work at Tingaara and will apparently even be Kukuru's next door neighbour in the previews if you're going to spoil it in the first two minutes of the episode?
PA Works never really was good at going the extra mile. (That's why a lot of their works are average)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2021-09-30 at 20:52.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 21:09   Link #133
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Seeing Kukuru in that suit didnt really fit her at all but kind of wondering how working someplace new in a new job would shape her

Chiyu still have that same attitude as ever
Old 2021-10-01, 01:03   Link #134
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Ah yes, nothing like the modern business environment to suck all the life out of every dream you've ever had, no matter how bright and shiny it might have been before. I know that all too well.

It occurred to me watching tonight's episode that I have a very Gama Gama-like publisher, and wow am I grateful. I don't make any money, but I'll take it.
Old 2021-10-01, 05:22   Link #135
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 13:

this sort of feels like a season 2. New OP and new ED.

assistant director Suwa does not feel like a bad person. He's just ambitious. It looks like he wants Kukuru to be on his level.. that's why he gave her plenty of notes to skim through. He also did not get mad when Kukuru said she did not read yet the notes he mentioned. And during the plankton talk, it even looks like Karin and Akari are smiling / laughing?

ok, about Chiyu.. this girl now feels like she's going to be the main antagonist of the anime on this second half. Many (if not all) of her actions towards Kukuru seem spiteful and even malicious. She would probably torment Kukuru throughout this second half.

the return of Fuuka onee-chan. She looks more dependable, and confident this time. She also looks taller now.

looking forward to next week!

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-10-01 at 05:34.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 07:28   Link #136
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Looking from the comments people are missing the point here because no one pays attention as always. It really looks like everyone only wants to pity Kukuru without seeing that she bahaves almost the same as Chiyu during her practice in 'Gama-Gama' only complaining that she did not got that she wanted to and try to show off her skills.

1. It is clear that both Kukurus grandpa and Tingaara director see her as future aquarium director. So they put her on the position where she can learn the things she is lacking the most fgor a job: how to attract customerts and manage finances and how to both negotiate withy uncooperative employ6ees and rely on them instead of trying to handle everything herself.

2. Her new manager may be a bit harsh, but he preperad all required information for her. It is similar in any big company. you may have get a trasining for some basic position but you should study for something more serious. Also, he clearly said that they are currently short-handed so he cannot assign a proper mentor for her.

3. The only person who actually belightedf her was cHiyu and even her critics at the end of the ep was totally justified.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 09:10   Link #137
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Ah yes, nothing like the modern business environment to suck all the life out of every dream you've ever had, no matter how bright and shiny it might have been before. I know that all too well.

It occurred to me watching tonight's episode that I have a very Gama Gama-like publisher, and wow am I grateful. I don't make any money, but I'll take it.
I've had experiences on both fronts now: Gama Gama is a start-up like environment, and Tingaara is more like my current position. There are merits and drawbacks to both. I went through a very similar transition as Kukuru when I moved from a start-up to a more well-established company. There's a learning process (which I detailed elsewhere because that's a bit of a longer story), but there's a meaningful journey ahead. What Aquatope has set up is the basis for how Kukuru will, with help over time, grow into her new role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Looking from the comments people are missing the point here because no one pays attention as always. It really looks like everyone only wants to pity Kukuru without seeing that she bahaves almost the same as Chiyu during her practice in 'Gama-Gama' only complaining that she did not got that she wanted to and try to show off her skills.

1. It is clear that both Kukurus grandpa and Tingaara director see her as future aquarium director. So they put her on the position where she can learn the things she is lacking the most fgor a job: how to attract customerts and manage finances and how to both negotiate withy uncooperative employ6ees and rely on them instead of trying to handle everything herself.

2. Her new manager may be a bit harsh, but he preperad all required information for her. It is similar in any big company. you may have get a trasining for some basic position but you should study for something more serious. Also, he clearly said that they are currently short-handed so he cannot assign a proper mentor for her.

3. The only person who actually belightedf her was cHiyu and even her critics at the end of the ep was totally justified.
I'm somewhere in the middle: on one hand, yes, people definitely miss the point of what Aquatope aims to present through Kukuru (the real workplace isn't fun and games, and there's a lot of learning that needs to be done in order for her to find her place in the sun), but at the same time, we're not meant to see Kukuru's current status quo as the situation forever and allow for the fact that over time, people do change. Things look harsh for Kukuru right now because she's completely unfamiliar with the job, but like Ohana, Aoi and Yoshino before her, there's opportunity to learn and grow. The harshness won't last.

As for the remarks about Aquatope not fully presenting Tingaara's organisational structure after one episode into the second half, I counter: how many employees of a larger company will fully know of said company's structure and layout two days into their job? It took me a full week of meetings during onboarding to know what the different departments do, and even then, I only work closely with one team, with the product owners handling the communications between departments. P.A. Works adequately captures the realities of workplaces (with reasonable tolerances to accommodate the story), and given some comments I've seen, it's clear that those who have an axe to grind about the realism here have not seen the workplace for themselves.
Old 2021-10-01, 09:41   Link #138
Dop
Mmmm....

One thing very clear from the start of this episode was that even if Gama Gama hadn't been dilapidated there's no way it could have competed with Tingaara.
Kukuru's mistake was in believing she could just carry on the same way despite the workplace environment of Gama Gama and Tingaara being as far apart as a small corner shop and a huge superstore.
That's what she has to learn as she's been placed there in the hope she will learn and progress up the management structure. But does she want to?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 13:27   Link #139
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Kukuru's mistake was in believing she could just carry on the same way despite the workplace environment of Gama Gama and Tingaara being as far apart as a small corner shop and a huge superstore.
That's what she has to learn as she's been placed there in the hope she will learn and progress up the management structure. But does she want to?
That's the real question - Does she want to? My problem with Tingaara isn't that it has procedures Kukuru has to follow. My problem is that it has no soul. The people there have an attitude, thinking - as is common in the corporate world - that bigger is automatically better, and growth must be unlimited and endless. They look down on Gama Gama because it was small and old, and because it "failed." Kukuru will need to push back against that. If the theme of the second cour is "Kukuru learns to suck it up and be a happy corporate drone," then what was the point of the first cour?
Old 2021-10-01, 18:16   Link #140
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
That's the real question - Does she want to? My problem with Tingaara isn't that it has procedures Kukuru has to follow. My problem is that it has no soul. The people there have an attitude, thinking - as is common in the corporate world - that bigger is automatically better, and growth must be unlimited and endless. They look down on Gama Gama because it was small and old, and because it "failed." Kukuru will need to push back against that. If the theme of the second cour is "Kukuru learns to suck it up and be a happy corporate drone," then what was the point of the first cour?
If the director specifically appointed Kukuru to PR and PR Projects, and Kukuru's direct boss wants Tingaara to be the center of conservation, education, research, and recreation, Kukuru is actually the perfect fit. She understood how deeply embedded Gama Gama was part of the local community. The children who never looked at the fish while they were inside with their annual passes, but knew the species names of every single one.

It's what Haebara Chiyu failed to learn during her apprenticeship, purposefully rejected as part of her own assignment, and then asked and received permission to leave early from her boss. She still works for that same boss (she borrowed the penguin book from him).

Haebara may be able to take care of the animals well, but since she actively refuses to engage with the other part of being in an aquarium, she may never advance beyond that.

They're setting up Kukuru to help Tingaara build that community relationship that Gama Gama always had. Kukuru just hasn't figured it out yet. Karin can bring in the outsiders, the tourists. Kukuru can build a relationship between the locals and the staff.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote