AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-25, 21:08   Link #181
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts (also, here is my middle finger):

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 21:51   Link #182
monsta666

I actually thought the first half of the season was pretty decent. It is the second part when Kyoya travelled to the future again when the series lost its way. There was a trend, which actually started before the second half that I disliked. I found many of the solutions Kyoya provided became increasingly contrived as the series progressed. They often relied on miracle chance events and the fact these miracles kept happening made me question the narrative that Kyoya was a super talented guy. It was not skill it was luck and the lack of creative solutions just smacked of poor writing.

What was also a bad move, that I had difficulty understanding, was why he wanted to go back in time again. Personally, his explanation of wanting to struggle and be on edge sounded bull. I just think he wanted to live a life where he could rub shoulders with the legendary crew. He never got that in his previous remake as he demotivated the entire crew. He thought this time he could fix things by giving them space. Is that selfish goal? Off course! The actions he took make it hard for me to understand Keiko's speech that he such a caring guy. To me Kyoya only thinks of number one i.e., himself. He is a narcissist with some sort of saviour complex and he is willing to do anything to meet those personal goals even if that means ending the future of his own daughter... I mean wow!

I don't know how they pull off a second season without it coming off as really repetitive. Repeated timelines would work better if there was some mystery element or pressing antagonist. But considering the protag is the antagonist could be hard to pull that off.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 01:28   Link #183
HandofFate

My god, there is just sooo many things that doesn't connect, even if trying really hard to look at Kyoga's motivations.

What should have happened imo, is that he stays, and he gathers the others to do one final project together, and that helps motivate them again to pick up what they dropped off.

Like his wife reigniting her interest years later and wants to pursue it again, like that's actually a very realistic thing that happens. Lots of people drop off in their younger years and decide to pick it up again But nope, that's not enough to keep him in. Its not like him and Shionaki is in their 40-50's or something and over the hill, they're still in their freaking 20s

Who knows what the writer guy was up to, but who knows, maybe he's happily married to his childhood friend in the end and they have a kid together now, as a doctor as per his family wishes, and figures hey its not bad, he's rich now.

But no, he goes back and says his error was thinking he was some kind of savior.
So now he's back and he still tries to act savior on his mistakes, but still acting like a savior. He's even still trying to interfere with the younger version of the new artist character.

Which threw me for a loop, in the future, though she was young, like just out of college or something, and has a strong following on twitter or something and she was contracted to work on the gacha.

But turns out she goes to the same college too, and is about the same age as him lol.

why is it whenever my favorite girl wins for once in a blue moon, they end up going back to reset it, or kill her or something
Old 2021-09-26, 12:25   Link #184
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta666 View Post
I actually thought the first half of the season was pretty decent. It is the second part when Kyoya travelled to the future again when the series lost its way. There was a trend, which actually started before the second half that I disliked. I found many of the solutions Kyoya provided became increasingly contrived as the series progressed. They often relied on miracle chance events and the fact these miracles kept happening made me question the narrative that Kyoya was a super talented guy. It was not skill it was luck and the lack of creative solutions just smacked of poor writing.
I think it went off the rails when he decided that the solution to financial woes was to make a doujin game with nothing but beginners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kyoya is hands down the worst MC of the year. He goes back in time again because apparently, he gets to decide whether other people are happy or not. He never bothered to check on Nanako and Tsurayuki besides a quick google search. His motivation is actually entirely selfish, he just wants the college life he never got.

I'm going to assume this timeline will keep existing and he'll be replaced by the version of himself who actually lived those past 11 years. Thing is, he never bothers to ask Keiko what will happen to Maki if he goes back, and apparently even assumes her existence will be erased. He cares enough to spend one last day with her, but not even Shinoaki picking up drawing again is enough to change his mind.
Hopefully he makes the same assumption you do, or he's a monster. It does beg the question of what happened to the timeline he's originally from...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 12:44   Link #185
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think it went off the rails when he decided that the solution to financial woes was to make a doujin game with nothing but beginners.
The problem wasn't that in and of itself. It's that he's used to making full, real games, so that was seemingly his goal with the project here as well. Because of that, it caused massive time constraints that screwed everyone up since, as you said, they're beginners.

It'd have been fine if they did like, one route instead of three (I think it was three), as it'd cut at least half the production of the game down and make things reasonable.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 13:30   Link #186
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

What a popular thread...full of harsh criticism, lol.

This and Kageki Shoujo are my favourite shows of this season. They and Kaizoko Oujo are the only ones I'm watching.

All popular entertainment lives or dies on wish fulfillment. If this guy's ability, goodness, popularity, confusion and pain don't please you.... I guess they please me. I like him. I like all the characters.

Not that they are perfect people. Shinoaki is portrayed as a boring and reticent little girl who can draw, but she has enough oomph to come on to Kyouya and take him. I understand why mother Shinoaki might seem boring (for me, motherhood is the most important job in the world and can't be boring, at least from the outside), but the vast riddle of her actually not drawing at all (until Kyouya-from-the-past shows up) I find moving whether or not it is properly explained. And the progress from the young to the mother is an interesting thing in itself, for me.

Yes, a lot of things are just pulled out of thin air, but they still work for me: Tsurayuki's suddenly quitting, for instance. It's mechanical plotting, like other things in the show, but it still works for me as human experience.

Yes, it definitely looks like a Kawasegawa route. Poor N@na.

I hope another Kyouya returns from work in mother Shinoaki's world. If she ends up alone, I hope her art can support her well. I could criticize the plotting, but I'll just enjoy pondering the gaps.

I was kind of hoping Kyouya would return to his original failure world and become a success. But this should be a cleaner and more complete success. Will his name appear somewhere in those credits he sees for the Platinum Generation?

Going back and redoing your life can't help but be an interesting thought.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 16:06   Link #187
Chosen_Hero

Honestly going back and leaving the convenient future he created for himself is about the only thing of worth this MC has done.

He got that future at the cost of everyone else's future, which is pretty messed up by the way. Sure, his reasoning for going back is stupid, but staying in that future is also morally wrong in pretty much every way imaginable.
Old 2021-09-26, 16:11   Link #188
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Honestly going back and leaving the convenient future he created for himself is about the only thing of worth this MC has done.

He got that future at the cost of everyone else's future, which is pretty messed up by the way. Sure, his reasoning for going back is stupid, but staying in that future is also morally wrong in pretty much every way imaginable.
I think he's feeling something similar to what he's made the others feel. He got a nice future, but he didn't work for it. Or at least, he doesn't remember doing so between the time Tsurayuki quit and the time he woke up with a wife and child. His struggles between those points were stolen, so he's unable to value the result, even if it's good.
Old 2021-09-26, 18:06   Link #189
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

How?

Shinoaki was happily married to him, and finally started drawing again.
Kawasegawa was in a slightly lower position than before but she was still doing well.
Tsurayuki is a successful doctor and is happily married with Sayuri and has two kids (can be seen in the manga)
Nanako picked up singing again and was starting to write original songs (which is how she became popular in the original timeline), so she may yet get her big break.

The only way staying would have been morally wrong is if, like I'm assuming, he was robbing his alternate self's life.
Old 2021-09-26, 20:20   Link #190
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Like I said, if the show stopped acting like he's Jesus or something and at least just make him angst over missing the moment he lost his virginity, or something relatable like that, him going around erasing everyone including his kid would have been so much more tolerable. Instead, you have him going on about bullshit on how he wants to suffer with others or whatever.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-09-26, 21:36   Link #191
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How?

Shinoaki was happily married to him, and finally started drawing again.
Kawasegawa was in a slightly lower position than before but she was still doing well.
Tsurayuki is a successful doctor and is happily married with Sayuri and has two kids (can be seen in the manga)
Nanako picked up singing again and was starting to write original songs (which is how she became popular in the original timeline), so she may yet get her big break.

The only way staying would have been morally wrong is if, like I'm assuming, he was robbing his alternate self's life.
He ruined the others original lives and got himself a convenient happy ending at their expense. It doesn't matter that it conveniently worked out in some way in the end, he still changed their lives on a whim due to his selfish actions, that is morally wrong.

Try and put yourself in his shoes and instead of thinking about the happy ending you will get when you change things, think about all the lives you will alter completely with your actions. Sure, some lives might be better off, but others who made their own life and reached their own happy ending will be worse off and yet more will just not even exist at all.

She was married to him but he doesn't remember any of it and wasn't even sure if that what he wanted, and who know how long before the MC's guidance ended up burning her out again? Heck, would her art reach the same level it of popularity as in the original world? Would she have the time to focus on it properly while raising a kid?

As for the kid, looking at her would be torture for anyone, he doesn't even have the memories of her birth or raising her, he literally has to fake being the father she knows, that's a torture worse than death.

Kawasegawa is doing fine, but not as well as she could/should have. In the original world she was in a better position with better chances of moving upwards because she was a well known name. She is meant for better instead of settling in for a low position.

Were are not talking about the manga, but either way, how do you know that's really what he wanted out of his life? His passion was writing and in this world he settled for something else because the MC's actions stunted that passion. Is your point that it's ok that he gave up on his dream and passion and just settled instead of trying?

Nanako is the one that is worse off, she has to try getting into the Japanese idol industry with a late start, and if you know about it to them people (mainly women) have an expiration date, no matter how talented they are. She's going to suffer just trying for a slim chance at getting famous again, only to lose out to the young fresh exploitable talent.

I wouldn't exactly say that they are better off in that world.
Old 2021-09-26, 23:03   Link #192
Wandering Soul

I'll probably watch a second season if one comes out, but I wouldn't be upset if that never happens.
Old 2021-09-27, 06:11   Link #193
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
He ruined the others original lives and got himself a convenient happy ending at their expense. It doesn't matter that it conveniently worked out in some way in the end, he still changed their lives on a whim due to his selfish actions, that is morally wrong.
I don't think it's avoidable when you time travel. Butterfly effect and all that. Even if the net effect is negligible, there are probably people who died who should have lived, and vice versa. We can only see it in the cast because we know their fates in both timelines, but there are others. Like the person he replaced at the art college.
Old 2021-09-30, 03:02   Link #194
moridin84
Custom User Title

I haven't been able to bring myself to actually watch the last two episodes. It looks like everything I expected to happen has happened though. I'll probably watch it eventually...

But a lot of people are sure hung up on "leaving behind a happy family life", I guess they are just projecting their own desires.

The MC has blandly accepted that he suddenly has a wife and kid because he's the type of guy that just accepts dramatically different situations without a fuss. In reality, I don't think he particularly loves Shinoaki. As for the kid... isn't it just like marrying a woman with another man's child and trying to love the stepchild?

I think if the MC of Sakurasou was in the same situation then I think most of this arc would be spent struggling with suddenly having a wife and kid without any memories with them.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 10:21   Link #195
kuudererules

TOP 10 ANIME of the WEEK from Anime Trending
Spoiler for image:

With this result from worldwide I hope studio feel decide make season 2 since the anime is not going well in Japan
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 02:14   Link #196
scififan

Quote:

Nanako is the one that is worse off, she has to try getting into the Japanese idol industry with a late start, and if you know about it to them people (mainly women) have an expiration date, no matter how talented they are. She's going to suffer just trying for a slim chance at getting famous again, only to lose out to the young fresh exploitable talent.
My impression is that Nanako is not idol singer in the original timeline. She doesnot spend a lot ot time having cameramen taking photoshots of her in swimsuits. Her situation is more like online singing sensation or singers for the anime/games. However, Nanako of the original timeline writes her own songs. There is one famous anime song writer who started writing songs during their college years, but she does not sing. So, maybe this story may be referred to non-anime singers and song writers. First came into my my mind is those three famous singers in 90s and 00s. They were idols of Japanese JK. Maybe I think too much about Nanako's characters' development.

On Aki, she suddenly lost interest to draw. The only reason I can come up is that she only draws one type of girl: 田舎の白ワンピ( anime's imaginary summer girl at Japanese countryside).
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 03:37   Link #197
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... "Country girl in a white dress" is an actual genre?
Old 2021-10-04, 16:03   Link #198
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... "Country girl in a white dress" is an actual genre?
More like a stereotype? Usually can also come with a straw hat.
There is not an actual term like 田舎の白ワンピ though.

Old 2021-11-19, 00:08   Link #199
krati

Quote:
sry but you cant say if there lives are better or worse then before...you can only say so if you look at there lives until they die...for all we know they may died in some accident down the line in the original time line. well all i wanna say is just bc people are down in a gutter for a few years that it stays so.
a friend of my lost his leg in a accident and was really depress for some time but he meet his wife thx to that....
if we live as you say you cant even get a job since that means you ''steal'' the place of someone that may get a better life if he/she gets the job instate... you really need a god complex to think like that
and for the anime how many student do you think lost there ''happy future'' just bc they where a bit less talented then the platinum gen? wanna tell the platinum gen to wait until only losers that wont make it anyway to finally go to school?
the mc only choice then is to go back to his old live and never go to the art school since if he can make is dream true then he will ruin the live of someone that was happy in the original timeline since the mc got his job instead of that unknown someone
sooooo what i wanna say is as long as you dont ruin someone's live on purpose you don't need to cut off your on future, cant call it morally wrong since you don't know what your actions will lead to down the road

Last edited by krati; 2021-11-19 at 00:25.
krati is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance