AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 10 30.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 42.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 21.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-25, 16:08   Link #21
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
I can't explain my theory with out bringing F/Z, but I think Kiritsugu taught him in their free time some world knowledge or either Shirou has a thing for kings of past times.
Shirou in general is very knowledgeable. He also knew what Angra Mainyu was, which is probably really rare for someone like a teenage Japanese boy.

Last edited by Levani; 2015-04-25 at 16:18.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 16:09   Link #22
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Does that include the backstory? Like, Shirou was saying that Gilgamesh has the original version of the noble phantasms and the nature of the storage. That seems beyond mere understanding of abilities.

Also, if that's the case, why does it look like Shirou is explaining it to Rin? Shouldn't they both get the same information? That seems plausible, although I think it's still a stretch to say that knowing Gilgamesh's myth/legend would make Shirou understands that the weapons Gilgamesh used are the original version, unless it's part of his tracing ability.
IIRC, Shirou is a walking cheat code when it comes to analyzing weaponry. And they did just watch a full demonstration of the Noble Phantasm in action.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 16:10   Link #23
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Rin is as alway the mater of the Epic Face.

Anyway as for how they figured out Gilgamesh so fast:

First of all, they know his game is Gilgamesh.

Shirou apparently knows who Gilgamesh is. It might be unexpected, but people can know about various topics. Shirou actually might be pretty well versed on myths.

Add to this the fact that masters have stat-o-vision, AND Shirou has a natural ability to analyze weapons at a glance, and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to figure out pretty much everything about his noble phantasm except for its name.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 16:11   Link #24
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Did they skipped Lancer training with Shirou or it didn't show up yet in the novel?
What training?
Old 2015-04-25, 16:12   Link #25
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

I forgot this was the thread that allowed spoilers, lol. Well, I think Kiritsugu learned about his identity in the last scene of Zero(destroying the grail) and meanwhile he was wandering around he saw Gilgy alive, thus, after finding Shirou, the fear of him being part of the next war made Kiritsugu teach Shirou about him and even Angra Manjou, since he was the last servant which fate wasn't revealed.
Old 2015-04-25, 16:13   Link #26
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

lol Kiritsugu taught Shirou absolutely nothing but the bare basics of magecraft. This is actually a known fact.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 16:22   Link #27
monster

Ok, thanks for the explanation, guys. Although, considering how smart Shirou is, I expect him to understand what Rin was saying at the end.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 16:42   Link #28
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
lol Kiritsugu taught Shirou absolutely nothing but the bare basics of magecraft. This is actually a known fact.
Wasn't it state that Kiritsugu wasn't serious when he taught Shirou magecraft, though (like he was just half-baking it)?

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the explanation, guys. Although, considering how smart Shirou is, I expect him to understand what Rin was saying at the end.
I guess Shirou was just focusing too much on the confrontation he and Rin was going to enter.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 16:49   Link #29
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I think the VN had a scene where he thought "deep down I knew it from the first moment I met him".
Old 2015-04-25, 16:54   Link #30
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

in the end, Goldie still picks out Illya's heart in this adaptation
And Shinji just foolishly reveal Goldie's identity

I was quite surprised that Shirou seems know a lot about Gilgamesh and can even deduce his Noble Phantasm
Shirou-Rin-Lancer moment is the perfect awkward scene I ever watched... a serious scene just ruined like that I can't handle this tsundere act it's too much... Rin is moe.. Rin is life

In the ending, Rin drops an obvious hint about Archer's true identity... I think Shirou realized that but tried to forget that for a while since they're heading to an important battle
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 17:22   Link #31
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
And just from his name, Shirou suddenly knows everything about Gilgamesh's servant attributes?
more along the lines of, once they hear the name, its Kinda hard to NOT know who Gilgamesh is, given that every master has a special "master scanner" built into their eyes that lets you know the servant attribute of any ones they look at that self updates as you know more about them
Old 2015-04-25, 17:25   Link #32
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's the whole point of trying to conceal their identities. Once a Master knows who an enemy Servant is, they gain the information on that Servant, and can begin coming up with plans to counteract the abilities of that Servant. Understanding the legend of the Servant allows them to figure out what their Noble Phantasms are, and how to work around them or negate them.
Old 2015-04-25, 17:35   Link #33
pampz21
ShipCore

When will Archer die?

Pretty solid Episode; One thing I likes was Archer and Shouichirou's conversation. Other than Lancer being a troll.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 18:04   Link #34
Nymbryxion

Slightly surprised how polite Gil is to Shinji, normally if anyone else touched his shoulder he would probably be highly offended... also he dirtied his clothes while ripping out Illya's heart... Gil would never sully his clothes...
Nymbryxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 18:06   Link #35
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
When will Archer die?
Which one?
Old 2015-04-25, 18:44   Link #36
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Did they skipped Lancer training with Shirou or it didn't show up yet in the novel?
I see. Are you talking about the manga where Lancer was sparring with Shirou (and after the practice swords were split in half, Shirou donned Archer's style of combat) and see if he could deal with Kuzuki.

Is it my imagination or Archer got pissed off at Kuzuki's last words?
No regrets, even if done wrongly (Archer has tons of regret).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
When will Archer die?
Golden Archer?
Old 2015-04-25, 19:03   Link #37
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I see. Are you talking about the manga where Lancer was sparring with Shirou (and after the practice swords were split in half, Shirou donned Archer's style of combat) and see if he could deal with Kuzuki.
That is non-canon, if it's from the manga that is loosely based on all 3 routes, just like the DEEN anime. That doesn't happen in the VN at all and Nasu did not have his input there, as far as I know.

UfotableUBW DOES have Nasu involved.
Old 2015-04-25, 19:06   Link #38
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Well that was a solid ep...
Surprised no one is talking about the talk over at Ilya's grave. They were using the silence to have the audience focus on the conversation (ala Ep 13) while having visual cues with body language as Shirou had his thousand yard stare all the time which creeped out Rin. Then the flashback, man, that was simple is brilliance stuff right there. Heck, Shirou lost his thousand yard stare when Rin started to berate on him saying that he has to value himself and stuff like that which made Shirou seemingly happy that his existence is validated like that.
Archer & Kuzuki talk was an interesting bit. Yeah, Archer started walking halfway through Kuzuki's answer about regrets and wrong actions which is funny since it comes real close to what UBW Shirou is all about.
Lancer bro!!!
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 19:38   Link #39
Rava

That's because the whole troll-Lancer commentary overshadowed everything else. Rin for the win.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 20:01   Link #40
Top Sergeant

That scene with Lancer and Shirou discussing Tokhasa like she wasn't even there was hilarious!