AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-08-11, 09:36   Link #1
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
One Piece - Chapter 1022 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's early spoiler time! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for the info:

-Chapter title is "The Stars' Entrance". Splash features Leo and the Tontattas.

-The chapter begins with a narration explaining that the numbers gap between enemy and ally is getting narrower and narrower. The defeat of the Tobi Roppou/Flying Six has been noted as well, but curiously, only three of them show up on-panel (Ulti and Page One are absent). Meanwhile, only fifteen minutes remain until Onigashima crashes into Wano's mainland....

-We get updates on a couple more ongoing fights: Raizou vs. Fukurokuju, and Killer vs. Hawkins! As far as the latter battle goes, Hawkins reveals a nasty surprise to his opponent: He used his Wara Wara powers to link his own life to Eustass Kid's! In other words, if Killer hurts or even kills Hawkins, the same fate shall befall Kid, as well! As proof, we see Kid receive a nasty stab wound while he and Law are still dealing with Big Mom....!!!

-Back to the live floor, Queen and King deliver retribution to the Gifters who betrayed them! Since Zoro is still recovering and Marco is too exhausted to rejoin the fight, it's up to Sanji to deal with both all-stars solo! But naturally, he's having trouble dealing with them both at once. And if that weren't enough, Perospero complicates the situation further by aiming his arrows at the cook, as revenge for abandoning Pudding at the altar! Thankfully, Big Mom's eldest child gets stopped in his tracks by Nekomamushi, who's still intent on avenging Pedro.

-King switches targets to the still-weakened Zoro, but the swprdsman is protected by Marco! The former Whitebeard commander mentions that he heard rumors long ago of a race which is capable of controlling fire, which lived on the Red Line. Soon, Zoro is fully recovered by the minks' medicine, and he and Sanji proceed to strike back against King and Queen together! The duo announce that if they win this battle, their captain will be one step closer to becoming Pirate King....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-08-19 at 07:24.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 13:04   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
I think it will be a reminiscence of where Zoro and Sanji vs Groggy Monsters during Foxy Arc, but at that time there's Zoro vs Sanji, but now, I think we may see the different case.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 16:54   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Hawkins being able to link himself to one of his enemies seems too OP. I hope we'll find out how this power works exactly.

It'd be nice if Zoro and Sanji vs King and Queen was a team battle.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 19:17   Link #4
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hawkins being able to link himself to one of his enemies seems too OP. I hope we'll find out how this power works exactly.
It's not like it's the first time he used that tactic, though.... remember when he did the same thing with Law's crew back in Act 2? Scumbag move sure, but nonetheless effective. Personally, I'm pretty curious as to how Hawkins' stunt will affect Kid's performance against Big Mom....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 20:59   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's not like it's the first time he used that tactic, though.... remember when he did the same thing with Law's crew back in Act 2? Scumbag move sure, but nonetheless effective. Personally, I'm pretty curious as to how Hawkins' stunt will affect Kid's performance against Big Mom....
I'd rather curious if the effect also goes backwards. If Kid was injured, then Hawkins should be also injured as well. I most likely think that if they damage Hawkins and Kid also got affected, it will also work vice-versa.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-12, 15:48   Link #6
Hoodspirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I'd rather curious if the effect also goes backwards. If Kid was injured, then Hawkins should be also injured as well. I most likely think that if they damage Hawkins and Kid also got affected, it will also work vice-versa.
Earlier in act 1 Wano, Law did that to Hawkin's subordinates. Hawkin didn't take any damage, he just lost his dolls as usual. Fodders are the easier targets though.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-13, 18:57   Link #7
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Saw some people theorizing that Killer is going to target Hawkins left arm, since Kid already lost his.

With King, Queen, and Perospero having new opponents, this leaves Marco without anyone to fight at the moment, which breaths life back to the Momotaro theory.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-13, 21:26   Link #8
OH&S
Index III was a mistake
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 30
These spoilers are a bit of a mixed bag for me.

Just reading at face value, things are going well for the Alliance and this chapter is hyping things up for the conclusion of the battle. That's all well and good BUT there are some things which are prickling me.

Don't know why there would be a general announcement of the Tobi Roppo losing when its already been made evident in this fight how much these announcements affect morale and the enemies control the announcements. EDIT: Inaccurate spoilers.

Also, it sounds like the Tobi Roppo are down for good; which I can't say I'm happy with. There was certainly a lot of time spent with them but nothing in this raid that justified the threat level they were assigned. The only fights I was perfectly satisfied with were Black Maria and Who's Who. Sasaki was definitely a fun one but I expected more from Franky after that. Ulti and Page One were complete disappointments aside from being able to tank powerful attacks.

Also, I'm heavily against Nekomamushi being the one to get revenge on Perosporo; I'll let everyone else read into why I feel this.

Finally, it seems like things are going too well. The entire flow of the raid has been like this. The only moment that raised an eyebrow was Luffy falling off from Onigashima but the tension from that was dissipated within two chapters. I'm still hoping for a reversal. But with only 15 minutes left until Onigashima crashes into the Wano mainland, the likelihood of that happening is cratering.
__________________

Last edited by OH&S; 2021-08-20 at 03:29. Reason: Inaccurate spoilers
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-14, 18:18   Link #9
Itsmepatrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Maybe Killer will took advantage of the fact/loophole that Kid has only one arm.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-14, 18:26   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Killer going after Hawkins' arm is too obvious... but I'm sure it's still exactly what's going to happen.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-17, 08:05   Link #11
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Geez, I can't believe I didn't think of Kid's missing arm earlier! But yeah, that's practically guaranteed to be Killer's strategy against Hawkins.

Anyhoo, no new info yet, but we do have a pic! And yep, it's Zoro and Sanji attacking together, all right! I can't tell if King is in his hybrid form in that pic, though.... seeing as most of the other enemies have revealed theirs at this point, it should just about be the right time for him to follow suit, methinks. Hopefully, we'll see Jack's as well, even if his opponent isn't a Straw-Hat....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-19, 07:35   Link #12
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
And a bump for the updated summary! There wasn't really much to add that wasn't part of the initial spoiler, though. Personally, I found it most curious that Pay-Pay and his big sis weren't shown among the vanquished Flying Six members.... perhaps they're not out of the game just yet? Would make sense considering how anti-climactic their particular losses were....

What else... well, we already brought up the missing arm as far as Kid is concerned, and it's cool that we got to see a bit more of Raizou vs. Fukurokuju. Speaking of, I wouldn't be surprised if Orochi popped up again soon enough. Even if he's weak, his power would make him pretty darn hard to kill. And come to think of it, we haven't seen what his hybrid form looks like, either. Hopefully, we'll finally see it, should he reappear for a third (and hopefully final) time. Yep, it looks like we're getting closer and closer to the climax, indeed....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-19, 10:51   Link #13
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Apparently, the editor's note at the end of the chapter refers to both Zoro and Sanji as the "wings". If true, then that should put an end to that debate from two chapters ago.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-20, 03:17   Link #14
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
I wonder what X Drake is doing seeing as he’s been kicked out of the Flying Six? 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-20, 19:46   Link #15
Jmariofan7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
These spoilers are a bit of a mixed bag for me.

Just reading at face value, things are going well for the Alliance and this chapter is hyping things up for the conclusion of the battle. That's all well and good BUT there are some things which are prickling me.

Don't know why there would be a general announcement of the Tobi Roppo losing when its already been made evident in this fight how much these announcements affect morale and the enemies control the announcements. EDIT: Inaccurate spoilers.

Also, it sounds like the Tobi Roppo are down for good; which I can't say I'm happy with. There was certainly a lot of time spent with them but nothing in this raid that justified the threat level they were assigned. The only fights I was perfectly satisfied with were Black Maria and Who's Who. Sasaki was definitely a fun one but I expected more from Franky after that. Ulti and Page One were complete disappointments aside from being able to tank powerful attacks.

Also, I'm heavily against Nekomamushi being the one to get revenge on Perosporo; I'll let everyone else read into why I feel this.

Finally, it seems like things are going too well. The entire flow of the raid has been like this. The only moment that raised an eyebrow was Luffy falling off from Onigashima but the tension from that was dissipated within two chapters. I'm still hoping for a reversal. But with only 15 minutes left until Onigashima crashes into the Wano mainland, the likelihood of that happening is cratering.
Again that’s assuming Sasaki and Who’s Who aren’t going to awaken (Maria doesn’t count since she is a Smile user), also keep in mind that Ulti and Page One’s pictures weren’t shown among the FS this chapter.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 04:38   Link #16
Hoodspirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
The Flying Six are out of the battle for good. This wasn't an announcement but a narration.
Compared to other tertiary enemies we got a lot out of them.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 05:08   Link #17
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
If anything, I expect Ulti and Page One to return as the stars of a new goofy cover story. Life lesson in shonen adventure animé: never get too attached to a villain and his flunkies, because sooner or later, eventually they get snuffed out, or they become Buggy.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 07:22   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
The Flying Six are out of the battle for good. This wasn't an announcement but a narration.
Compared to other tertiary enemies we got a lot out of them.
Page One and Ulti got the short hand of the stick but the others got good fights, so I don't see why they would come back. It would just be a waste of time. They have nothing interesting to bring to the table.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 19:06   Link #19
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Maria doesn’t count since she is a Smile user
Black Maria is not a Smile user, that just how Oda decided to draw her for... Obvious reasons.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 21:41   Link #20
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
The Flying Six are out of the battle for good. This wasn't an announcement but a narration.
Compared to other tertiary enemies we got a lot out of them.
Yea I agree. They are down for the count. Page 1 and Ulti didn't get close ups but they did get X's on the map and the narration like you said. It's over for them and it looks like it will be Sanji and Zoro who dispatch Queen and King. I like that a lot since if Luffy's going to be Pirate King, then his right hand men need to be above the Emperors' right hand men too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
If anything, I expect Ulti and Page One to return as the stars of a new goofy cover story. Life lesson in shonen adventure animé: never get too attached to a villain and his flunkies, because sooner or later, eventually they get snuffed out, or they become Buggy.
Haha I can definitely see them as a cover story. Maybe even all 5 of them (not counting Drake since he's going to be part of the future Sword story anyway)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.