AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-09-10, 12:39   Link #21
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Raikage is built! Look at him!

anyway how come it takes so long for the full chapter description to come out? Apparently that convo with sasuke and madara is only 3 pages of the entire chapter.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 12:50   Link #22
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Here's a better translation

Spoiler for why can't you be evil Sasuke!:
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 13:03   Link #23
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Here's hoping that Sasuke is really hell bent in destroying Konoha.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-10, 13:23   Link #24
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I wouldn't bet Sasuke himself is fully certain at this point when he lies and when he doesn't though, this kid is a mess.
That is true. He flips like a light switch when it comes to motives.

First reaction after finding out the truth:

"I will crush Konoha!"

then

"Ok, I don't really want to destroy Konoha entirely, just the higher-ups"

leading to...

"That was just an act. I really do want to destroy Konoha and slaughter everyone in it, for my dead brother who I hated until a few days ago, but now love more than anyone in the world!

finally

"Wait, I still may care about my old friends..I'm so angsty and conflicted!"

It is a little difficult to tell how he really feels. But still think the speech with Madara laid it on a little too thick to be geniune

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
But, as you mention, we have already seen this type of story (Sasuke disguising his true intentions in order to "use" an "evil" villain), so why would Kishimoto repeat this basic storyline, yet again?
Like Goshin said, you might be giving Kishi too much credit.

He's already repeated the same basic storyline with Oro by having Madara take Sasuke under his wing. The question is just how far is he going to mirror it. It would be a twist if Sasuke's actually telling the truth this time. But the difference could also be that Madara has planned for deceit (or even counting on it to further his plan) and will not fall easy prey like Oro did. That's not as interesting, but I find that a more likely outcome than Sasuke trying to murder everyone.

If Sasuke actually was being honest, at best I think it's like Hunter said. He's now conflicted by the old feelings for Team 7 and will mellow out.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 13:39   Link #25
Rahan

But then, what's the point of retconning the "higher ups only". Wether he is serious or not, it just makes his story suspicious.
He would have been more credible by sticking to what he said in presence of Taka than by telling such an extravagant lie.

Beside, when Naruto promised Itachi he wouldn't kill Sasuke, Sasuke's fate was sealed. He has to make something really bad against Konoha. (and killing the elders might not be enough if the truth about the massacre can be leaked out)

Last edited by Rahan; 2008-09-10 at 14:22.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 14:44   Link #26
mrsticky005
Banned

Some people seem to be surprised that Sasuke had a flashback of Team 7 and seems to have some at least nostalgic feelings for them.
I'm not surprised at all.
Sasuke never left Konoha because he WANTED to, he left because he felt he HAD to.
Sasuke's revenge meant everything to him including sacrificing his bonds with Konoha.
Sasuke said it himself, that Naruto was his best friend and I think he actually still feels that way.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 14:55   Link #27
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
But, as you mention, we have already seen this type of story (Sasuke disguising his true intentions in order to "use" an "evil" villain), so why would Kishimoto repeat this basic storyline, yet again?
Because this time it goes wrong for Sasuke. If Madara is the final villain then his opponent will be Naruto, and that means Madara will be defeat/use Sasuke when the time comes.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 14:55   Link #28
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
i think sasuke is lying because kishi has done what ever he could to keep the hands of team 7 clean, so i don't think he is going to let sasuke kill anyone... then again i could be wrong...

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 15:29   Link #29
itachi29al

Sasukes lost it, unfortunately at this rate he will become the final villain.
Old 2008-09-10, 15:30   Link #30
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Because this time it goes wrong for Sasuke. If Madara is the final villain then his opponent will be Naruto, and that means Madara will be defeat/use Sasuke when the time comes.
Well, I have always felt that it would be Naruto that actually defeated Madara, if for no other reason than to deny Sasuke the chance to actually avenge his clan (there are many other reasons as well, (such as defeating an opponent equal to the 1st whom represents an older lifestyle that Naruto is strictly against)). And, we have always known that Madara is using Sasuke, it is the "Why?" that is the question.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 15:38   Link #31
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I hate to have to say this. Maybe Sasuke is even more special then we think.
Some kind of requirement for some hidden uchiha power is what I'm thinking.

Since all the requirements so far have been somewhat relationship related.
Old 2008-09-10, 15:49   Link #32
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Sasuke never left Konoha because he WANTED to, he left because he felt he HAD to.
Sasuke wanted revenge over anything. Which means anything related to his revenge would overpower his desires of whatever is left. Because of that, the moment that his desires on his revenge kicked in, he wanted to leave Konoha. Even after he got rid of Orochimaru, despite the strength he gained, he didn't go back to Konoha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Yes he is. He is Kishi's secret love/lover.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 16:01   Link #33
blacktail fox

this last chapter will be a good one like the others. if so, that sasuke is planning to attack konoha then i beleive that naruto might just be acquiring the skills needed to take down an uchiha.
Naruto sasuke/ madara
1. summoning jutsu summoning jutsu
2. rasenshuriken kirin
3. senjutsu EMS new power awakened
4. ransengan chidori
5. sealing sword ameterasu
6. reflecting mirror tsukiyomi
7. complete rasenshuriken susanoo

i added itachis artifacts becuase itachi must have given naruto somethig special against MS sharingan users. this is becuase of all the tools itachi had the two special artifacts used by itachi susanoo can be specialy sealed seperately like in a scroll or something and the knowledge of how to get the scroll or create the sealing technique used to seal those artifacts can be passed through genjutsu to naruto just like jiraya teaching naruto how to unseal or seal the ameterasu nhe seale earlier but through genjutsu.
blacktail fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 16:15   Link #34
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
its almost like madara doesnt want to destroy the leaf, he keeps on bringing up how itachi didnt want this and how sasuke should follow his path of doing things for the greater good.

it shows madara wants to destroy the leaf, but when hes talking to sasuke its like he doesnt want to destroy it......freakin mind games
Old 2008-09-10, 16:34   Link #35
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktail fox View Post
i added itachis artifacts becuase itachi must have given naruto somethig special against MS sharingan users. this is becuase of all the tools itachi had the two special artifacts used by itachi susanoo can be specialy sealed seperately like in a scroll or something and the knowledge of how to get the scroll or create the sealing technique used to seal those artifacts can be passed through genjutsu to naruto just like jiraya teaching naruto how to unseal or seal the ameterasu nhe seale earlier but through genjutsu.
You gotta keep in mind that whatever Sasuke received from Itachi will be the max that a character can receive from the same person. Naruto cannot receive more than what Itachi gave to Sasuke. And, in Naruto's case, the absence of the sharingan eye tells us it won't be a typical MS power. You can assume it will be more like a spiritual presence of Itachi within Naruto. I don't know if that would be enough to call for the Uchiha powers, but being a human himself, hopefully that won't be the case. Besides, Naruto already has a factor within him to balance the things in his favor, when used properly. That is Kyuubi, and its summoning or unsealing. It is logical to assume that Kyuubi's powers will not fail Naruto against Sharingan powers, except for Tsukiyomi, which expected to be stopped by the power borrowed from Itachi. For the Amaterasu, we don't know. If Uchihas are really connected to Kyuubi, even in powers, Kyuubi may carry a power to neutralize Amaterasu's effects. So, the only problem left will be Susanoo, if Sasuke has that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 16:47   Link #36
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Some kind of requirement for some hidden uchiha power is what I'm thinking.
Well i guess that's what makes people annoyed with this guy. He is already too strong and has a lot of "screen time" and on top of this he has 3 more potential powerups: getting Itachi's eyes means he will get the power of the EMS and mastering the MS he will get Susaano, and finally it is quite possible that Itachi gave him secretly the soul slaying sword that's more powerful than kusanagi and the yata mirror that's the absolute defense.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 17:05   Link #37
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Yes he is. He is Kishi's secret love/lover.
There's nothing "secret" about that

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 17:12   Link #38
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Sasuke kun is doing what Orochimaru sama did with his eye in the Chuunin exam. I love how Kishi keeps hinting he's coming back. Orochimaru sama, please show up this chapter !

Show them the reason Hiruzen adored you. The reason your the greatest genius in the manga since Minato.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 17:28   Link #39
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rave View Post
Sasuke kun is doing what Orochimaru sama did with his eye in the Chuunin exam. I love how Kishi keeps hinting he's coming back. Orochimaru sama, please show up this chapter !

Show them the reason Hiruzen adored you. The reason your the greatest genius in the manga since Minato.
No....he's dead. Let him stay dead.

Sasuke is one confusing character now. And Madara is just owning him so badly right now making sure he makes his mind and etc.
Old 2008-09-10, 17:31   Link #40
mrsticky005
Banned

[QUOTE=Fipskuul;1887075]Sasuke wanted revenge over anything. Which means anything related to his revenge would overpower his desires of whatever is left. Because of that, the moment that his desires on his revenge kicked in, he wanted to leave Konoha. Even after he got rid of Orochimaru, despite the strength he gained, he didn't go back to Konoha.

Sasuke didn't go back to Konoha at that point because he hadn't killed Itachi yet.
Why would he return to Konoha BEFORE killing Itachi?
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote