AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-10, 12:44   Link #961
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Grow up. I don't see any attempt by Chinese tv shows to lower anti-Japanese sentiments in China either. This show is not against any particular country but about how power currupts, and if you can't see it it's your loss.
Actually it's interesting that they make China in this series the perfect "Communist" country if wealth is distributed and it is a major threat to the other superpower, Britannia. I doubt this show would seriously villanify them to a major extent or do any political commentary.

And plus, Japan is the leader in the Sakuradite mines. As I have pointed out before, what country wouldn't take advantage of the chaos that's happening in Area 11 and move in to seize such rare resources?
Old 2007-02-10, 13:27   Link #962
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
don't tell me they invaded Japan just to piss Lelouch off? that'd be awesome.

well, they were probably after CC, and/or other geass....err, peoples? (what exactly would you call people like CC who can't use the geass? well, whatever) guess that sunflower camouflage didn't work. :\

No, emperor Wakamoto invaded Japan because C.C. looked sexy in kimono, and he wanted to add her into his collection of beautiful wives. Just like the green bastard in my signature.

I only kid 50%
I wouldn't be surprised if C.C. being in Japan was one of the major reason for invasion. She seems to be an integral part of the Ragnarok project.
Old 2007-02-10, 13:34   Link #963
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, emperor Wakamoto invaded Japan because C.C. looked sexy in kimono, and he wanted to add her into his collection of beautiful wives. Just like the green bastard in my signature.

I only kid 50%
I wouldn't be surprised if C.C. being in Japan was one of the major reason for invasion. She seems to be an integral part of the Ragnarok project.
HAHAHA I totally agree with you. Japan got invaded because CC looks too sexy in Kimono. Emperor is a cool guy like Rance, there is no way he would let such a lady fly. Emperor is actually a main character of a series prequel to Code Geass: Its Sengoku Geass.

Lulu is now following the footstep of his father. Instead of having a pink hair girl as his side kick, he have CC. His current objective is all the girls in Japan!!
Old 2007-02-10, 13:52   Link #964
ashlay
the red string of fate

^all he really needs is to beat 108! XD

though actually, the island episode looks like a good chance to re-establish his connections with Euphemia ($10 says that 'but' in the spoilers means poor Lelouch will be without his mask when he washes up on the island), and increase his harem to half a dozen. (err...kinda)
Old 2007-02-10, 14:02   Link #965
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
this bit of info is interesting ~

Quote:
- Why did Britannia invade Japan? Initially it was thought that they were after the Sakuradite, but that is actually nothing more than a bluff. What is their real objective? With the debut of Schneizel, who knows the secret behind Marianne's assassination, the truth of Britannia will be revealed.
there are 2 options open imo ~

1) to grab CC and her powers

and

2) take in chance to hopefully crush britannia for more power ~ id imagine Schneizel to be joining the scene in japan soon so taking him out would be a start (if he is as cunning as imagined loosing him could be a hit to britannia)

or...maybe the want the new secret mecha

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-10, 14:14   Link #966
quina

Quote:
- Why did Britannia invade Japan? Initially it was thought that they were after the Sakuradite, but that is actually nothing more than a bluff. What is their real objective? With the debut of Schneizel, who knows the secret behind Marianne's assassination, the truth of Britannia will be revealed.
ok properly now..

I think otherwise.
Emperor invade japan because Lulu is there. He intentionally send Lulu there and invade there to makes his son really hate him, its a way to plant the seed of hatred and have his son grow stronger to surpassed him. He is worried that the next generation of emperor might not be as 'strong' as him.

His concern is legidimate. He can see that all his children seems to be happy playing together and loving each other (Cornalia, CLovis, Euphie, Lulu, Nanalie, Schezie were very close together). He is quite happy learning that Lulu was the one killing Clovis. At last his awaited next generation has arrived.
Old 2007-02-10, 14:54   Link #967
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
^all he really needs is to beat 108! XD
He's still young - he has all of his life before him. And with Geass in his hands...err, eye, well, it'll be child's play. And he'll have the largest harem in history, far above Negi Springfield's little collection of schoolgirls.
Quote:
though actually, the island episode looks like a good chance to re-establish his connections with Euphemia ($10 says that 'but' in the spoilers means poor Lelouch will be without his mask when he washes up on the island), and increase his harem to half a dozen. (err...kinda)
Well...the latest chapter of the CG: LotR manga has him reacquainted with Euphemia (the chap. ends with Euphemia staring at him) - although it places the scene right after the cat chase, when Lelouch and Suzaku come to talk with Millay. Euphemia once again escaped the palace to fight boredom and ended up cosplaying an Ashford student for fun and to meet Suzaku. She then met Lelouch by accident because he was with Suzaku.
So, although the manga now follows a different path (heck, Cornelia doesn't even seem to exist in that universe), one should wonder whether the scene offers a preview of what's to come (both anime and manga have roughly similar plotlines - and I'll put another emphasis on roughly) or whether it's another divergence with the anime. It's for us to wonder, ponder and wait out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
2) take in chance to hopefully crush britannia for more power ~ id imagine Schneizel to be joining the scene in japan soon so taking him out would be a start (if he is as cunning as imagined loosing him could be a hit to britannia)

or...maybe the want the new secret mecha
I'm afraid you lost me here - the invader in question is not China or someone else, it's Britannia itself...we're referring to Area 11's conquest a few years ago. Why would Britannia plot its own defeat? As for the new mecha...let's not forget that the invasion of Japan was the first time KFs were deployed and used in actual combat.

And besides, the most (assumed) powerful mecha in the world is still Britannian - there's no reason for Britannia to steal its own goods...even if there might be an interest in capturing and reverse-engineering captured Gurens...who, by the by, aren't exactly considered sixth/seventh-gen. KFs since the follow a different way of thinking (tech.-wise) but are considered on par with mechs of that league, making them potential gold mines for military scavengers.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-02-10 at 15:09.
Old 2007-02-10, 16:17   Link #968
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh noes it appears that i should get more sleep as i misinterpreted the quote totally wrong ~ seen as we where talking about china i assumed that the quote was a spoiler on it without think much that its actually about britannia (just ignore that post )

well okey why did britannia invade if it wasnt for the Sakuradite initially?

well one reason would be CC yes we all know that could be it ~

but another reason could be something a lot more darker ~ the spoiler linked Schneizel into the equation which suggests that he could have a major hand in things ~ could he possibly be the mastermind behind it all? chances are slim but i do think that he holds a lot of his father's traits ~ sly and cunning he could be second in command ~

could Schneizel have possibly planned the assassination on lulu's mother? right now its hard to tell how he really thinks about people of lower status...maybe he dispises them?

and going totally far but more realistic could the invasion be just simply to test out "weapons of mass destruction" and just to generally gain power? maybe the emperor is searching for something ther than just normal wealth...something mystical like CC ~ as far as we know Kaguya Sumeragi is someone with a special power (not the same as CC)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-10, 16:18   Link #969
etothex

With the upcoming addition of the Chinese Federation into the fighting, I realized that from what we have seen, Lelouch's geass may not work on them all, unless they conveniently all speak the same language. As of yet, we've only seen him give verbal commands; maybe the evolution of his geass will be triggered? (Gets into situation with buncha chinese fed members bout to kill him, but geass is not working -> super saiya-jin mode -> pwns them all). Or Lelouch could just speak Chinese, heh.
This also makes me wonder if his geass would work on a deaf person who can read lips =P.

I agree somewhat with quina about the emperor letting Lelouch run free to become strong, though I dunno if the war was intentionally for this. I'll add on and say that the emperor probably doesn't give a hoot who dies, because that means they were too weak, and he believes that no matter what, he is more than strong enough to take Lelouch out if challenged.

I still want Viletta to be the Gawain's co-pilot. I understand the need to keep a special seat for CC, but who says she wants to ride around in it? Can she even pilot one?

Lloyd is the brainchild behind Avalon's systems as well. He's pretty dangerous, creating all of Britannia's spiffy new toys. OoBK need to send an assassin his way sometime. That'll end Lloyd x Milly for all you LeLouch x Milly fans out there.
Old 2007-02-10, 16:32   Link #970
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
With the upcoming addition of the Chinese Federation into the fighting, I realized that from what we have seen, Lelouch's geass may not work on them all, unless they conveniently all speak the same language. As of yet, we've only seen him give verbal commands; maybe the evolution of his geass will be triggered? (Gets into situation with buncha chinese fed members bout to kill him, but geass is not working -> super saiya-jin mode -> pwns them all). Or Lelouch could just speak Chinese, heh.
This also makes me wonder if his geass would work on a deaf person who can read lips =P.
well, you notice that most of the people in Japan should really be speaking english, or Britannia-ish (god knows what happened to the evolution of the english language if the roman's never [partially] conquered them, and Latin never made inroads into the area.)

and even if the point they do technically speak chinese is brought up, this is Lelouch we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if he already knew the language from prince training or just learned it for reference before episode 16. 0_o

Quote:
I still want Viletta to be the Gawain's co-pilot. I understand the need to keep a special seat for CC, but who says she wants to ride around in it? Can she even pilot one?
wow, I hadn't even considered Viletta. this is an utterly brilliant idea! sadly, there's a number of plot points that would have to be cleared up to get her into a position to pilot the thing.

still, with the right events occuring, we could even have Villetta pilot the thing before regaining her memories. (though of course VillettaxOugi is a requirement if she piloted post-remembering.)
Old 2007-02-10, 18:06   Link #971
quina

Quote:
Lloyd is the brainchild behind Avalon's systems as well. He's pretty dangerous, creating all of Britannia's spiffy new toys.. OoBK need to send an assassin his way sometime.
That was a good idea actually. Lancelot is pretty much dead without Lloyd. Without Lancelot Susaku wouldn't be such a huge threat to Lulu. His life would be a lot easier. Euphie x Susaku wouldn't be there, if susaku doesn't kick ass in battle field.... Lulu should really done that.

If not..Lulu should have geass one of the army to learn where they kept Lancelot at night, and totally steal it -_-. He can steal Todou, why not Lancelot?;;

Quote:
I do not think Lulu can, in his position, let Villeta co-pilot Gawain. Her memory lost is not via geass and she can back stabbed him in any moment if she suddenly recall anything. Most logical option would be to kill her if he know she is alive. Too bad, she would looks totally hot in kick ass robot.

lol somehow I think CC can pilot, but she probably don't get to pilot Gawain. Japanese anime have the tradition of 'old people can do a lot of things' and 'immortals can do everything' in it. CC mentioned that she can paint, and we saw her fight, its already leading down the path of everything. Wouldn't be weird if they would stick knightmare pilot as one of her talent.
Old 2007-02-10, 18:53   Link #972
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I do not think Lulu can, in his position, let Villeta co-pilot Gawain. Her memory lost is not via geass and she can back stabbed him in any moment if she suddenly recall anything. Most logical option would be to kill her if he know she is alive. Too bad, she would looks totally hot in kick ass robot.
well, that's all assuming Lelouch actually remembers who she is. he hasn't seen her since episode 2, and this is a show where Euphie sucessfully diguised herself using fake glasses. (aka the Clark Kent effect)

maybe just having let down hair and some lie by Ougi would be enough for her to not be recognized by Lelouch....as silly as that sounds. ^_^b
Old 2007-02-11, 03:55   Link #973
Viperus

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
The person doesnt need to hear your voice , didnt Lelouch say that the range of geass is 150m+ , so how can a person 150m away hear you?

a) he is on a eifel tower shouthing with a megaphone (oh , it can be tokyo tower)

b) he put a wakie tokie near the geassed person

c) he doesnt have to say anything
Old 2007-02-11, 17:11   Link #974
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperus View Post
The person doesnt need to hear your voice , didnt Lelouch say that the range of geass is 150m+ , so how can a person 150m away hear you?

a) he is on a eifel tower shouthing with a megaphone (oh , it can be tokyo tower)

b) he put a wakie tokie near the geassed person

c) he doesnt have to say anything
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=650
in the Spoiler for Animage Feburary Issue: #5 answers about the command/eyesight aspects of Lelouch's geass
Old 2007-02-11, 18:41   Link #975
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Considering she is always there on the battlefield saving Lulu's behind i highly doubt she would mind riding together with him And i wouldn't be surprised if she can pilot it.

Villeta is totally out of the question ... even assuming that Lulu has forgotten about her (ya right) and Ougi manages to enlist her in OoBK ... you really think Lulu would let some freshly joined "grunt" co-pilot with him, literally entrusting his life to the said person? I have hard time imagining any one in that seat besides CC and Kallen... but Kallen has her Guren, and while it is possible that she might switch frames, i doubt that.
Old 2007-02-11, 19:11   Link #976
ashlay
the red string of fate

^why did Lelouch let Kalen pilot the Guren instead of himself? ^_^

well, I guess its not really the sort of thing worth trying to argue, since you really can't think about about it logically. its more of a "seems pretty much impossible that it would happen, but is interesting in terms of the plot" sort of thing, like Villetta ending up with Ougi, or the upcoming island episode, and basically fails when looked at in terms of character/realities of the show. ;_;
Old 2007-02-11, 19:15   Link #977
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Considering she is always there on the battlefield saving Lulu's behind i highly doubt she would mind riding together with him And i wouldn't be surprised if she can pilot it.

Villeta is totally out of the question ... even assuming that Lulu has forgotten about her (ya right) and Ougi manages to enlist her in OoBK ... you really think Lulu would let some freshly joined "grunt" co-pilot with him, literally entrusting his life to the said person? I have hard time imagining any one in that seat besides CC and Kallen... but Kallen has her Guren, and while it is possible that she might switch frames, i doubt that.
Well it's not just that.

Ougi is keeping her under the radar because he knows that she knows that or at least knows who Zero is. He also knows that she's a britannian and being enlisted in the Black Knights wouldn't be a smart move as people will ask where she came from. Plus, Zero may know who she is (By Ougi's POV).

That and she makes bentoes for him.
Old 2007-02-12, 02:57   Link #978
Viperus

Quote:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=650
in the Spoiler for Animage Feburary Issue: #5 answers about the command/eyesight aspects of Lelouch's geass
LOL , I was close , instead of wakie takie , it was a mobile phone
Old 2007-02-12, 14:38   Link #979
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
^why did Lelouch let Kalen pilot the Guren instead of himself? ^_^
Because she is the ace pilot of the group. Those are Lulu's words... and she was in the original group of the black knights, and i think we can agree on the fact that Kallen is his most trusted person in the order. And he knows her outside the OoBK as well.

At one point he asked her if she wants to know his identity... but she chose not to ask. Also he offered her the chance to drop out right before he "sucided" the JLF ship CC aside, i think Kallen is the only one he trusts to some extent.
Old 2007-02-12, 15:14   Link #980
ashlay
the red string of fate

^well, that was part of my point. Lelouch chooses the right person for the right job. I'm assuming Villetta has about Todou/holy swords level piloting skills, which is what would make her a good choice: she's one of the few pilots better than Lelouch not currently tied to a mech.

but you're right that Lelouch understands Kalen's motivations and that she's loyal, something Lelouch doesn't have on most others. well, like I said before, you can't really do more than suggest the idea of Villetta, it's hard to plausibly argue it. ;_;

not much else to do but sit and wait for new info and/or suggestions for co-pilots. ^_^b
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers