AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-30, 20:11   Link #3721
Kazu-kun

I think Karen did a pretty good job. In fact, I think she did better than Mayuyu, and I say this even though I'm a Mayuyu fan (or as close to being a fan as I can, at least).

Besides, sa547 is right. Working on this series meant a lot to her and she did her best. That gotta count for something.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-03-30 at 23:00.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 23:43   Link #3722
sa547
*Author

Okay, from renkamusume, translating Karen's early-morning post on G+:

Spoiler for 26, also episode ending conclusion:

Again, it's one helluva ride we had ever since we started.

Last edited by sa547; 2013-03-31 at 00:40.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:10   Link #3723
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
What?
Others have improved over the course of the series (Kanata, Sonata, Chieri's VAs), while she didn't, IMO.
I was just nitpicking something that annoyed me, anyway. The issues I have with the series as a whole are more important.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:23   Link #3724
sa547
*Author

This show will never win awards for artistic and storytelling excellence nor top the sales charts on the basis of character design. I understand that.

Maybe it's a wasted effort, of time and money; maybe some people look at it as more of a marketing ploy that just backfired. Time will tell, however.

TBH, the journey was more interesting and adventuresome than the destination.
Old 2013-03-31, 02:10   Link #3725
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
This show will never win awards for artistic and storytelling excellence nor top the sales charts on the basis of character design. I understand that.
Not that I want it to. It was entertaining after all.
But I think, despite reports suggesting Kawamori had completely free reign, Next Stage was played sort of safe. Also, they resolved plot points that weren't really necessary but left some (such as Kanata - Takamina) completely unresolved despite picking them up again - in this case it can be said it's their own fault.
Also the dialogues in the last episodes were REALLY cringe-worthy material. While it's certainly not Okada's worst script (personally that goes to BRS) they weren't that good, either.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 02:40   Link #3726
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Not that I want it to. It was entertaining after all.
But I think, despite reports suggesting Kawamori had completely free reign, Next Stage was played sort of safe. Also, they resolved plot points that weren't really necessary but left some (such as Kanata - Takamina) completely unresolved despite picking them up again - in this case it can be said it's their own fault.
Also the dialogues in the last episodes were REALLY cringe-worthy material. While it's certainly not Okada's worst script (personally that goes to BRS) they weren't that good, either.
I think Okada might be forgivable for the BRS scripts. I'm not sure anyone even had a clue what the story was supposed to be.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 03:11   Link #3727
ranchan13

First off, who didn't see Nagisa becoming Acchan the 14th? Hell, even the crowd on Akibastar saw that one coming.

Props to Chieri, Center Nova and keeping her name in the process. Does that mean she becomes a new member of AKB0048 AND keeps her name? I think this might happen, because when her soul resonated and she became Center Nova, her spirit was at one with her only wish, to have her voice reach her father. I think her name will eventually become one that successors seek out.

That said, I'm disappointed that the series is over. There is still so much left that we need a 3rd season for. We don't even need Nagisa for a 3rd one. She's Acchan, we can move on without her, but the rest of No Name, minus Chieri, still have issues to be resolved.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 04:00   Link #3728
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
First off, who didn't see Nagisa becoming Acchan the 14th? Hell, even the crowd on Akibastar saw that one coming.

Props to Chieri, Center Nova and keeping her name in the process. Does that mean she becomes a new member of AKB0048 AND keeps her name? I think this might happen, because when her soul resonated and she became Center Nova, her spirit was at one with her only wish, to have her voice reach her father. I think her name will eventually become one that successors seek out.

That said, I'm disappointed that the series is over. There is still so much left that we need a 3rd season for. We don't even need Nagisa for a 3rd one. She's Acchan, we can move on without her, but the rest of No Name, minus Chieri, still have issues to be resolved.
Um, make it six since Mimori becomes Mariko way back!

But yes, it's disappointing that AKB0048 won't have another season! But hey, at least they end it without a whimper!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 04:13   Link #3729
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 04:31   Link #3730
Kazu-kun

If Chieri can already do magical shit like teleportation or multiplying herself then I don't think it will take her too long to reach the point of disappearance.

Her career will be the brightest but also the shortest. No that it matters. She will probably face her ascension to Center Nova heaven with a smile in her face, just like Acchan did.

Too bad we'll never get to see this stuff in the seris.
Old 2013-03-31, 04:56   Link #3731
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If Chieri can already do magical shit like teleportation or multiplying herself then I don't think it will take her too long to reach the point of disappearance.

Her career will be the brightest but also the shortest. No that it matters. She will probably face her ascension to Center Nova heaven with a smile in her face, just like Acchan did.

Too bad we'll never get to see this stuff in the seris.
Maybe she could control her powers this time, but yeah because of the limitations of production -- and therefore everything crammed in -- we can't get to see a lot of issues resolved, or able to explain how and why, or on the problem of character development.

I'm not surprised that there's speculation as to whether a spin-off movie or OVA should be made or not, but it's a shot in the dark.

There's a lot too many references to Macross (and maybe Eva), especially with spirit-Chieri entering the bridge.
Old 2013-03-31, 05:10   Link #3732
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Maybe she could control her powers this time
But she can't do that. Miichan explained a Center Nova has to always aim to glow brighter all the time, otherwise they lose their radiance. And the brighter they shine, the closer they get to disappearance.

So the fate of disappearance can't be avoided or controlled. The only way to scape from it is to run away, like Miichan did. But we know Chieri will never do that.

But I will say again that I don't think this is a problem for Chieri. She already knows what awaits for her at the other side of the gate, and she already made up her mind to face that reality head on. That's why I think that when the moment comes for her to join Acchan the 13th the others, she will do so with a satisfied smile in her face.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-03-31 at 06:02.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 06:09   Link #3733
scr
my sides are in orbit

Spoiler for final:
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 06:46   Link #3734
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Spoiler for final:
Spoiler for correction:
Old 2013-03-31, 07:16   Link #3735
mechdra

Looks like there is a number of unresolved issues but it all ends well. Nagisa becoming Acchan and Chieri becoming Center Nova is kind of predictable but it is still good to see that happenning.

This series is one of the most fun series I watched so far. Although the character design, the dance and the story is not as good compare to other idol anime, AKB0048 will have its own place in the idol anime genre.

One thing I believe that influence the anime the most is the things that been happenning in AKB48 and SKE48. Having Acchan and the 3 members of No Name graduating and the Miichan scandal did affect the way the story goes. I believe Akimoto would like to promote the newn AKV instead of the past AKB. I wonder what will happen if all these events did not happen and how AKB0048 would be like.

Well it is sad to know that there is no sequal for this series for now. I believe the ending is open to many potential works like manga and fanfiction. Hoping one day we will see AKB0049 in the future.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 07:31   Link #3736
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Although the character design, the dance and the story is not as good compare to other idol anime,
I kinda agree on the character designs, but I don't see how other idol anime can have better stories when most of the them are just slice of life series. Akb's plot might have its good share of silliness, but at least it tries to be more than just a bunch of idols doing idol things.

As for the dance... I could understand not liking the CG, but the dance routines and the stage designs are the best went it comes to idol anime imo.

Just my two cents.
Old 2013-03-31, 07:54   Link #3737
garbage

I feel the ending is somewhat pandering, that's why it felt a bit off and forced. I suspect the writers are trying to please so many people and groups that in the end it just felt a bit disconnected.

sigh and not to mention all the open plot lines that would never be resolved as it seems S3 is almost an impossibility now, which is a shame really. I feel this show could have gone NOVA, if it had only built up from that great ep 13. but it kinda sputtered. somewhat in the end. still ok but sad that it felt lacking. Still it's one heck of an entertaining ride and no regrets watching it, my regret of wishing a better ending borne from my belief in the potential of this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, actually
Spoiler for 26:
ahehe yes true there, well I did say before there can only be one ( center) well there goes the dual center thingy...actually as I mentioned above it feels a bit of a cop-out as in they're trying to please everyone. AKB mngmnt, fan groups, Anime fan groups, the money machine , etc. ended up half cooked and rushed. (or is it okada's fault?, some think so, honestly IDK )
Old 2013-03-31, 08:02   Link #3738
chaosprophet

Funny that I never bothered about the character designs, I liked then since the beginning. But then, even after watching 3 episodes I hadn't notice the hearts in hair and eyes, only after someone pointed it to me XD.

About Chieri succeeding, although she became Center Nova while still a kenkyusei, I still do think she can succeed normally. From what we saw about her this season, she does want to become a successor. But then, she may reach the disappearance point before becoming one.

I would like to see this as a sign of hope:

Old 2013-03-31, 08:13   Link #3739
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
There's a lot too many references to Macross (and maybe Eva), especially with spirit-Chieri entering the bridge.
I think there's a Queadluun-Rau reference in the form of Mayuyu. (complete with missile spam)
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 08:43   Link #3740
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Short on time, so all I can say is this: I'm perfectly happy with this end. Why? Because it leaves open the possibility that Chieri will never succeed anyone, but instead that her name will be added to the list of possible successors in the future. Which to me, is probably the highest honour that can be bestowed to an AKB0048 member.

So yeah, if there is a third season, I hope it's an all new cast with one of them succeeding as Sono Chieri the Second.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime