AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-14, 18:38   Link #4781
Brother Coa
Banned

As I figured it out the Mage Association and Holy Church have their ways of covering up things...
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 18:43   Link #4782
GDB

I'd assume the standard gas leak explanation, and for the damage, perhaps a minor fire.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 20:13   Link #4783
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Thinking about it might as well be Kirei’s power to make everyone forget stuff. I mean if he can make everyone forget he took a bunch of orphans with him on the Church then I guess making everyone believe that incident at the school was a fail science project or something, isn’t stretching that much. Hey if you really want to stretch it might explain why Zouken doesn’t appear in Fate or Unlimited Blade Works, Kirei made him forget he wanted the Grail.
Old 2014-01-20, 21:58   Link #4784
Stanfoo

Wat. This is the first time I've heard of Kirei having said ability. Care to elaborate?
Stanfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 11:04   Link #4785
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I don't think they explain it well actually. I just remember that he use some kind of magic that made everyone forget about the orphans. Otherwise I wonder how nobody notice that the priest who took them in live all alone in the church.
Old 2014-01-21, 18:06   Link #4786
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Its never suggested that Kirei has such a power. The Church as a whole (remember Kirei wasn't even the church's priest at the time) offered to take in the orphans, and Kirei used that to his advantage. If a large group of orphans went to a church and were never heard about again, most people would be happy. The first thing that would come to mind isn't that something bad happened to them.

The Church and the Magic Association using memory tricks isn't that far-fetched though. And since Kirei has experience with both organizations, its not altogether unlikely that he could manage such a thing.

Memory tricks definitely wouldn't work on Zouken though. Honestly the abnormality in his behaviour is that he participated in Heaven's Feel, not that he skipped out on Fate and UBW.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 07:33   Link #4787
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd assume the standard gas leak explanation, and for the damage, perhaps a minor fire.
Wouldn't make much sense that they could reasonably cover up the 4th war, given the huge amount of deaths (over 400 deaths in a huge inferno that took out a good part of the city, as opposed to say, the 50 disappearances in HF).

The Einzberns fund repairing the damage caused in the wars, but with the way mind altering magic works, it couldn't feasibly work after the 4th war's events. There would be too many things to remind people of the gaps in their memories.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 08:17   Link #4788
GDB

I was just talking about the school incident during the 5th war. The 4th war's inferno was very clearly not covered up, considering the site of the incident was made a landmark and memorial.
Old 2014-01-22, 13:19   Link #4789
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Its never suggested that Kirei has such a power. The Church as a whole (remember Kirei wasn't even the church's priest at the time) offered to take in the orphans, and Kirei used that to his advantage. If a large group of orphans went to a church and were never heard about again, most people would be happy. The first thing that would come to mind isn't that something bad happened to them.

The Church and the Magic Association using memory tricks isn't that far-fetched though. And since Kirei has experience with both organizations, its not altogether unlikely that he could manage such a thing.

Memory tricks definitely wouldn't work on Zouken though. Honestly the abnormality in his behaviour is that he participated in Heaven's Feel, not that he skipped out on Fate and UBW.
They definitely wouldn't work on Zouken. The only reason he didn't get involved in the Fate and UBW routes was just because Sakura, the key to his plans, never got involved like she did in HF.
Old 2014-01-22, 16:35   Link #4790
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
It's not an abnormality, he participated because he thought it was worth it (and, really, he was entirely right, judging by how close he got to achieving his goal relative to the other two routes, where the Grail gets dismantled 10 years later). And, honestly, the difference between HF and the other routes is precisely that Zouken participated in HF. Without that HF would not have happened, and once he gets involved something like HF is inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Wouldn't make much sense that they could reasonably cover up the 4th war, given the huge amount of deaths (over 400 deaths in a huge inferno that took out a good part of the city, as opposed to say, the 50 disappearances in HF).

The Einzberns fund repairing the damage caused in the wars, but with the way mind altering magic works, it couldn't feasibly work after the 4th war's events. There would be too many things to remind people of the gaps in their memories.
Except that it's canon that they did cover it up. It might be absurd, but it is still canon. I know you think highly of yourself and don't think you can possibly be wrong about anything, but your opinion still doesn't supercede Nasu's.

Quote:
I was just talking about the school incident during the 5th war. The 4th war's inferno was very clearly not covered up, considering the site of the incident was made a landmark and memorial.
The fact that something happened wasn't. The exact nature of that something clearly was. The same applies to the school incident. People know that something happened, but not that it was magical in nature.

Last edited by Cherry_Lover; 2014-01-22 at 20:11.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 00:48   Link #4791
Stanfoo

Could Saber have destroyed the grail on her own will without Shirou's command spell?
Stanfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 04:51   Link #4792
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfoo View Post
Could Saber have destroyed the grail on her own will without Shirou's command spell?
I got the impression she could.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 10:07   Link #4793
Cherry_Lover

I'm not so sure. Certainly she wanted to destroy it (unlike with Kiritsugu), so why would she ask Shirou to use a command spell if she could have done it without?
Old 2014-01-26, 10:24   Link #4794
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Saber says at first that Shirou "must give the order" for her to destroy the grail, but follows it up a few pages later by pretty much saying she just wants to hear him say it himself. It's not made explicitly clear, but I feel like she just wanted to make sure Shirou was as resolved as she was.

There's also the fact that destroying the Grail was effectively suicide for her, one for giving up entirely on her wish once and for all, and two because (as far as they knew) destroying the grail would destroy the mechanism that held Saber's contract, meaning she would finally actually go back to her proper time and die for real, never being summoned as a Heroic Spirit again. She may have not trusted herself not to hesitate, and with so much on the line, didn't want to risk it. That's just a theory though.

Edit: It could have also just been Saber attempting for some sense of closure in her relationship with Shirou. It was his last command spell, so she could have asked for it as a symbolic way of saying that their time together, and their contract, was coming to a definite end.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 13:21   Link #4795
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I got the impression she could.
She could but there would likely always be that part of her heart that desires it which would probably make her unconsciously hold back and not be able to destroy it completely.
Old 2014-01-26, 13:24   Link #4796
GDB

That or she was truly worried she wouldn't have enough power without backup from a command seal. When she destroyed it before, she had a superior magus who used two Command Seals on the command, and she hadn't really exhausted her energy previously (whereas here she had Excaliblasted Gil, if I'm not mistaken).

Without further support, any or all of these various explanations could be reasons.
Old 2014-01-27, 07:41   Link #4797
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Edit: It could have also just been Saber attempting for some sense of closure in her relationship with Shirou. It was his last command spell, so she could have asked for it as a symbolic way of saying that their time together, and their contract, was coming to a definite end.
Well, using the last command spell doesn't seem to break the contract, judging from what happens with Rider in HF. But, yeah, I guess it could still be a symbolic thing.

Quote:
That or she was truly worried she wouldn't have enough power without backup from a command seal. When she destroyed it before, she had a superior magus who used two Command Seals on the command, and she hadn't really exhausted her energy previously (whereas here she had Excaliblasted Gil, if I'm not mistaken).

Without further support, any or all of these various explanations could be reasons.
Yeah, that's possible. Using a command spell would make sure she had the power to do it (because using a command spell draws on the grail's power to enforce the order), whereas if she didn't then she probably wouldn't have enough prana to use another Excaliblast.
Old 2014-01-31, 03:25   Link #4798
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I think Shirou's true attitude is more "people who aren't me shouldn't fight" than "women shouldn't fight". It's just that pretty much everyone he knows who aren't him are female....
I agree, Shirou is type of person who put's the lives of others before his own life ( regardless of gender ).
I just don't know what was people's problem with him having this attitude?
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 05:37   Link #4799
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Because it's fucking sexist and doesn't add anything to his character since he doesn't act that way in the other routes (and it's never really adressed in Fate either) and lastly because even Nasu has said that it was bad writing and only added to make Saber's romance less threathening since Nasu didn't even see Saber as a girl when writing Fate.
Old 2014-01-31, 08:26   Link #4800
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
I agree, Shirou is type of person who put's the lives of others before his own life ( regardless of gender ).
I just don't know what was people's problem with him having this attitude?
Well, the problem is that he does actually say "Saber shouldn't fight because she's a girl" at one point. The impression I get from the VN is that that is more him desperately flailing for a excuse to prevent her fighting than genuine sexism (after all, the guy not only does housework but actively tries to stop others doing it for him), but it doesn't come across like that in the anime.

Last edited by Cherry_Lover; 2014-01-31 at 08:58.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote