AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 13 9.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 9.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 8.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.73%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 17.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 04:21   Link #121
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
I highly doubt there will be a second season but i DO still have hope for some ovas in the future. Heck, one new episode covering the INCREDIBLY NECESSARY BUT WASNT THERE ANYWAY epilogue would do me good, but while the ending resolved the biggest plot issue w/Asura, there was literally no closure whatsoever.

IMO BONES shouldn't have bothered dicking around with excalibur and should have used those three filler episodes for anime original backstory. I wouldnt give a crap if they made the backstory cheesy, or even contradictory. Through the entire 51 episode series we still know little to nothing about the main characters (and ironically we know the most about a side character... hmm) and it makes it harder to think the characters are believable when you dont know squat about what made them that character in the first place.
Old 2009-08-05, 05:58   Link #122
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Well, they are teenagers saving the world every day, unless they are overpowered and need some of the adults to save their asses. And they do that because they are decendants of the organization Shinigami made, thus they are like recruits to a noble cause. Any more explaining than this and you no longer have a silly shonen in your hands but a full throtle seinen series.
Old 2009-08-11, 20:37   Link #123
I'monaboat

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I agree totally with how the series ended, too fast paced and lame.

But you shouldn't give up hope, you saw how the new FMA series is working? And how the new season of Haruhi Suzumiya as well?

They should give Soul Eater the same treatment more or less. Rerun the episodes up to the point where it started diverging, edit some of those so that all the anime content that diverged was gone and placed with proper canon material than start airing new episodes completely.

When they reach the point where "Oh shit, we're catching up with the manga."

Pull a Naruto/Bleach and go into a whole filler season. It works for them despite the complaints.

I know that's not happening though...

I know that's not gonna happen
Old 2009-08-12, 12:48   Link #124
Pineapple_Split

^ That just sounds too confusing.
Old 2009-08-12, 18:16   Link #125
I'monaboat

In a nutshell, reair the series up to the point where it starts diverging, cut that, and then put episodes that follow the manga more closely.

When it gets to the point where they're reaching the manga, get into a filler. That's it.
Old 2009-08-13, 18:02   Link #126
Pineapple_Split

Oh okay. So, then would the first batch of non-manga-based episodes just...hang in limbo or what? Or would the reairing be treated as an alternate ending?
Old 2009-08-13, 19:19   Link #127
I'monaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Split View Post
Oh okay. So, then would the first batch of non-manga-based episodes just...hang in limbo or what? Or would the reairing be treated as an alternate ending?
IDK...pretend like they never happened.

Edit: According to wikipedia it's episode 36 and onwards. Some of those episodes still have manga related story plots, they can be reedited and then put Maka's fight with Clown and erase Aracnhe's meeting with Medusa. Have Joe killed and such and proceed from there.
Old 2009-08-22, 19:08   Link #128
Pretty_Shota155
Just a Pretty Shota...

It was bad... so bad... Well, sometimes i say bad things about dragon ball and it's out of place power ups, but Maka's power up have broke the recor...
Spoiler:

I understand now Maka's true personality... She is a bully that loves to scare the crap out of a kishin...
Old 2009-08-22, 21:47   Link #129
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Anyone else here taken into consideration that maybe Maka fell into insanity after her weapon form resided?

It may seem a little out there but i dont think we can just joss the idea. I mean, the whole IMMA BEAT U W/DA POWA OF COURAGEEEE thing coulda just been an effect of the insanity taking away her fears? Remember the other guys looked pretty dead, and there was that brief moment in ep 50 where shinigami's mask snapped.

plus itd would bring a whole new meaning to the end of the opening theme, which when i watch it feels totally out of wack given how courage-happy the ending was.

Just a thought.
Old 2009-08-22, 23:03   Link #130
Pineapple_Split

I think that if she had gone insane, the makers would have just come out and said it. They wouldn't have built up all that "courage" crap, and then treat Maka normally after the Kishin was dead. Like, I think she would have been portrayed differently if she had gone insane.
Old 2009-08-23, 15:26   Link #131
Haladflire65
*Artist

SE's too Shounenesque to let its main protagonist girl go insane... Especially the anime.
Old 2009-09-08, 09:05   Link #132
JackSparrowRon
Naifu Handler~

It was a... fairly okay, "could've-been-better" kind of end for a series.

First up, Maka = Weapon. That got to me good, and I thought she'd cut the heck out of the Kishin right at the last "boss battle" (I just call it that, don't mind me), but NO, I felt the point of showing us her weapon form was just a side thing, y'know? (Not that I've read the manga or anything, so I wouldn't know.)

Secondly, besides not ripping the Kishin into little pieces (Unforgivable!), she threw what I thought was... psychological warfare into the final battle... Yeah, the punch at the end was okay and all, but with the whole "feelings" thingy, it just turned that last strike into something incredibly cheesy like "a Falcon fist full of Courage!" or whatever. This is the "could've been better" part.

Overall, the ending was short-- as though the series was going to continue on. Of course, I hope it does, but I have a hunch...

An honest 3/10 for me.
Old 2009-09-16, 00:02   Link #133
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

For those curious the epilogue has been released online now.

Spoiler for Epilogue:
Old 2009-09-16, 02:24   Link #134
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

What should I search for in order to see the epilogue? Just YouTube it?
Old 2009-09-16, 04:39   Link #135
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu View Post

Spoiler for Epilogue:
For real? She is?! HELL YEH! Now I can live peacefully
Because it was kinda stupid that she was killed without weapon even touching her.

Is it only on DVDs or is it possible to find it online?
Old 2009-09-17, 15:42   Link #136
Pineapple_Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu View Post

Spoiler for Epilogue:
Man, she just doesn't die, does she? Lol. I agree, it wasn't an epic epilogue or anything, but it was better than "okay, the Kishin's dead, lets cut the series off now." I mean, really.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:52   Link #137
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Split View Post
Man, she just doesn't die, does she? Lol. I agree, it wasn't an epic epilogue or anything, but it was better than "okay, the Kishin's dead, lets cut the series off now." I mean, really.
She is a snake, snakes can get out of many situations, they are bendy

Would be better if Kishin came back and this time Shinigami would kick him not some Maka-student -_-
Old 2009-09-18, 23:46   Link #138
Haladflire65
*Artist

All I have to say after watching the epilogue is...

That was such a priceless SpiritxStein moment. I loved it. Wow. Why couldn't they have shown that on TV? It would've made my life much better.
Old 2009-09-20, 08:06   Link #139
I'monaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
All I have to say after watching the epilogue is...

That was such a priceless SpiritxStein moment. I loved it. Wow. Why couldn't they have shown that on TV? It would've made my life much better.
They just tease with the Yaoi, they're never gonna be canon.
Old 2009-10-26, 06:01   Link #140
Kallen4life

first half could be ~7-ish or so, maybe 8, but then it's just 0 .. srsly, Excalibur killing Asura with his cane would've been better
Closed Thread