AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-29, 17:19   Link #1
otakunater

romance, schoolkids, mecha

hey, I'd just typed out a long post but my sister came and erased it oh well, even though it took me half an hour I can sum it up. like the title says I want good:
romance
schoolkids
mecha

oh yeah! some drama would be nice to so
romance
schoolkids
mecha
and drama

romance and schoolkids don't necessarily have to be the same anime
Old 2004-04-29, 19:51   Link #2
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Cardcaptors =romance schoolkidz you have to watch 70 long episodes +2 movies
Mecha=gundam Seed
Old 2004-04-29, 20:41   Link #3
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Bingo: The Full Metal Panic series.
Old 2004-04-29, 21:20   Link #4
Jinx626
Yo!!

Like mentioned above..The full metal panic series or Gundam Seed
Old 2004-04-29, 21:42   Link #5
Arwyn

The two that immediately come to mind with all the qualities you listed;

RaXephon
Full Metal Panic

Both are excellent.
Old 2004-04-29, 21:58   Link #6
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
Gun parade March - all of the above in a neatly packed series. A group of young co-ed students/soldiers fight against a difficult enemy and use mechs for the tools of battle. basically Girl transfers to boys school, they don't get along (well he tries but hes slow) things turn though as the story goes on and relationships start and end for all characters. Tragedy strikes alot in this one it makes for some emotional and intent watching.

Gundam MS 08th team - 12 episode ova and movie, action, mecha, romance, and great animation. Guerilla combat on earth being the main battle style and the battlefield situated in the jungle and not in space its the most realistic gundam series in terms of combat.

Macross - 36 ep Great action series and has very fluid movement for its time (think Saint seiya 1988 and sdf macross 1982, not much difference in animation which is a high point) The story has its young fighter pilot fighting in a war with the odds against him but also he's in a love triangle with a singing idol and a fellow soldier. It has giant aliens, epic space and earth battles, huge enemy fleets and crazy plot turns, Its a classic series with a story that could be held up even today.

Do you remember love [movie] - Apparently the entire SDF Macross saga above in a 2 hour long movie (I have yet to see it but I heard good things, its made in the 90's apparently so animation must be better than the orginal)

Da Capo - 26 ep series. No mecha or action but excellent story with alot of drama and romance (well 1st half will make you laugh alot in a good way then the second half takes a huge turn and gets really serious and dark, I rcommend it.

Gasaraki - A war between mega powers has begun and the creation of artificial muscle has allowed these powers to build armored suits to battle, tank and ground forces are no match for these new weapons. A young pilot for these suits has a dark past and people he trusts are using him for they're own end. Simple breakdown Boy meets girl in battle they know eachother from a long time ago but don't remember where. forces against them seperate them and they are on both sides of the war, later in the series they escape the powers using them and start a journey to find out who and what they are and why the powers gainst them want them so bad. story has a political style (think NGE) and plenty of action and story often turns direction and really grabs ahold of you.

Cheers
Rob
Old 2004-04-30, 00:33   Link #7
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakunater
hey, I'd just typed out a long post but my sister came and erased it oh well, even though it took me half an hour I can sum it up. like the title says I want good:
romance
schoolkids
mecha

oh yeah! some drama would be nice to so
romance
schoolkids
mecha
and drama

romance and schoolkids don't necessarily have to be the same anime
Romance+School+mecha clearly defines "Full Metal Panic"
Old 2004-04-30, 10:54   Link #8
otakunater

sounds like full metal panic is pretty popular, I'll check it out.
Old 2004-04-30, 12:16   Link #9
7thMethuselah

romance+mecha+schoolkids = full metal panic

romance + schoolkids =

To Heart : slice of life series about a group of schoolfriends

Piano : slice of life series about Myu a girl with a passion for the piano and her friends

Boys Be: group of friends and their first experiences with love

Da Capo : triangle relationship between a boy his adopted sister and his distant niece

Kanon : Boy returns to his aunts after 7 years and meets all the important persons again he left so long ago

Onegai Twins : two girls claim to be the twin sister of a boy, they are alos in love with him

Saishuuheiki Kanojo : unusual relationship bewteen a very special girl and a regular high school boy in the background of an all destrying war
Closed Thread