AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-09, 10:15   Link #81
7Th
Mixtape

Surprisingly good first episode. It was stylish, fast-paced and really fucking fun.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 12:15   Link #82
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
God... this episode 2... I remain breathless...
Spoiler:

Heartcatch begin to surpass Fresh...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 12:43   Link #83
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Spoiler for Episode 2:

The first two episodes are too good. Since when was Pretty Cure this good? I do remember the Urara episodes where quite good with PC5, but the introduction episodes were quite meh...

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2010-02-14 at 17:02.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:32   Link #84
sirtao

Kimono Megane is probably a more fit name...
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:40   Link #85
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
TUXEDO-MEGANE!
Zetsubou Kamen is more like it.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 16:57   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Surprisingly good first episode. It was stylish, fast-paced and really fucking fun.
Couldn't have said it better myself. The Yoshihiko Umakoshi addition to the team which makes the Casshern Sins style come alive oh so well. Such a visual treat, and if this first episode is anything to go by, then we're seriously in for one hell of a treat with this series.

Good to hear the second episode Delivers. Can't wait to see it for myself.
Old 2010-02-14, 18:35   Link #87
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Subs are out for the 2nd episode.

Animation stayed up, awesome fighting, Doremi-like chibi faces make a big return.

This show is like the Ojamajo Doremi of the 21st century.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 01:04   Link #88
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I agree. The pacing was done really well. I love the "hey look at these awesome toys you wanna buy kids". Better than the cellphone thing from the first series.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 06:18   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Second episode truly does carry on the awesomeness from the first. I'm seriously impressed with this show.

Shouldn't this thread have been moved to the fansub section by now?
Old 2010-02-15, 23:02   Link #90
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

I really liked Episode 2. Maybe Heartcatch will be one of the Pretty Cure shows that focuses on character development. Kaoruko being a former Cure is really interesting so she'll be a mentor for Tsubomi. For a Kamen Rider fan's POV, Kouruko is the Pretty Cure version of Tendou's Granma.

Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 23:10   Link #91
Midonin
Last Engage

The wealth of fanart drawing upon the mysterious guy's similarity to Nozomu Itoshiki is astounding. Fanartists work fast. Then again, given how much Shaft and Shinbo have referenced Pretty Cure in all its incarnations, to have them repay the favor only seems fitting.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 00:16   Link #92
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I wonder what Cure Flower looked like...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 03:09   Link #93
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
How much have you watched or which seasons? I find the whole back ground story is much more original. Their transformations are actually fun. I also find that their is much more character building and actually problems and issues and heart. It isn't all just about and opposing evil.
In regards to Doremi, so far I've watched 31 episodes of the first season and have plans to watch more. It took a few episodes to truly get going, but after the series has been over all enjoyable.

Getting back to HeartCatch, I can say after two episodes I'm liking this Pretty Cure series as well. It has definite potential and the idea of Cure Flower is interesting. Still it may take some time to get used to monsters with dialogue.
Old 2010-02-16, 09:33   Link #94
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I love the "hey look at these awesome toys you wanna buy kids".
Woah, no offence here but I reckon it's pretty hard for you to watch your average mahou shoujo series.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 04:32   Link #95
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

can i ask something ?
do i need to watch previous series, before watch this one ?

thanks !
Old 2010-02-17, 04:38   Link #96
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
can i ask something ?
You don't need to have watched anything from the franchise to fully enjoy Heartcatch.
Old 2010-02-17, 05:32   Link #97
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
can i ask something ?

thanks !
Yeah, what Shiroth said. I've barely watched episodes from the previous seasons and I still find HeartCatch very enjoyable. :3

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 23:39   Link #98
Midonin
Last Engage

Apparently Tsubomi's Zetsubou-sensei guy served as the perfect inspiration for the second of a ??? part series.

Presenting...Heartcatchsh Lily Cure! Featuring Cure Okussama and Cure Rin. Along with everybody's favorite perpetually depressed teacher.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 01:18   Link #99
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Woah, no offence here but I reckon it's pretty hard for you to watch your average mahou shoujo series.
0_o?? Er no...I love merchandise.... *confused*I've bought many magical girl items before but previous precure stuff was really lame. The ones in heart catch look and remind me of doremi ones.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 22:28   Link #100
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Lightbulb Caught by the magic of HeartCatch

I Want to Change! I'll Show You that I Can!!

This is not even enough to express my feelings upon watching the first episode to Pretty Cure HeartCatch!

By the end of the episode I was just mesmerized.

It turned out like everyone has been discussing at this thread for the past two weeks. This brand-new PreCure series steps way beyond above previous Pretty Cure incarnations.

The animation style and elements were as just I expected them to be: reminding me strongly of Ojamajo Doremi and another show could Fushigiboshi Futagohime.

This is a remarkable but highly received change to depart from previous serie's styles.

Though what piques me enthusiastically the most is both the characters and the story. Yes, there's a lingering potential, and if the TOEI writers play their cards well, then this could turn out to be the best Pretty Cure in the franchise's history.

I'm specially fond of Tsubomi for an important trait, and that is her character.
I can empathize with her because I'm also of the same personality type.

In later elementary school and junior high school, I was shy and introverted, and barely made any friends, until I enter college.

Today I'm still a bit of an introverted, and like Tsubomi I feel frustrated at being interrupted when speaking, or feeling flat-down depressed when I can't pull out the guts to say something cool in front of other people.

Tsubomi has my vote to being of my favorite female leads in a magic-girl series.

Things that I really like and broke completely the stereotype mold of the magic-girl genre were the fact that Tsubomi as a Pretty Cure not only thought up a name for her magical alter-ego but also her own delivery phrase.

She was given liberty to choose her magical-girl name and catchy phrase. This is contrast to the previous series Cures that upon transforming they already know what speech phrase to say.

But letting that aside, I think that I agree with all you guys that the most beautiful but impressive part of them all was the prologue segment featuring the Dark Precure v.s. Cure Moonlight fight.

Spoiler:

There were a lot of things happening in this first episode that hardly I can list them all without tiring myself, but definitely I liked Tsubomi and her character the most, in spite of that impressive prologue segment match. This is a first to me for a Pretty Cure series, and the third time for the overall magic-girl genre shows.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou-shoujo