AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 19:17   Link #41
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 03:
I was really surprised that everyone knew he liked her. As for Saki I think she realized back when he dropped those pictures of her on the ground.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 19:29   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I was really surprised that everyone knew he liked her. As for Saki I think she realized back when he dropped those pictures of her on the ground.
Probably, though it would be interesting if we found out she knew way before then. Especially considering how dense she always came across about the situation.
Old 2011-01-08, 19:38   Link #43
paladinenvec

The first half of the episode was so good, many would think that madarame would move toward trap but i think that it was more like he wanted to drink with someone since he seemed a little deppressed, anyway it would be awful if he end with Hato O_o so maybe he'll end with another one, but it needs more development.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 22:17   Link #44
Shadow5YA

Sue remains awesome.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 22:49   Link #45
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 59:
Old 2011-01-09, 04:49   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for 59:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-09, 05:11   Link #47
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 05:54   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just realized I had forgotten to read chapter 2 (or chapter 58). The trap is way too cute... so cute I was also wondering if he wasn't actually a girl pretending to be a trap. I can't blame Madarame for being attracted to him. Can't blame him at all. I kinda thought he was going to start falling for Sue (is that the first time in the series she's said something so sensible and wise? Although of course, she added her own "twist" to it), but I don't mind if he ends up with the trap instead. The girls of the club would be delighted by this development.
Old 2011-01-09, 06:23   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler:
I've actually nothing against it happening at all. If you don't already know (most of the forums already does ), is that i'm huge on traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
(is that the first time in the series she's said something so sensible and wise? Although of course, she added her own "twist" to it)
She said a few sensible and wise comments in the first series, though nothing this hard hitting.
Old 2011-01-09, 11:24   Link #50
SidVicious
Anime addict

Madarame is awesome.
Old 2011-01-09, 14:46   Link #51
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler:
Gee I wonder. Maybe the fact that Madarame has always obviously been straight and him turning into a homosexual just because he couldn't get it on with Saki would be stupid?

Anyways, Madarame's silent unrequited love for Saki was my favorite plot line of the original series, but I felt it had an absolutely perfect and poignant conclusion there, so I've mixed feelings about it being brought up again now. Especially the fact that it is no longer his own personal secret to take to the grave with him.

And this "needs to get his heart broken to get over it" thing is just silly. So what, he should go up to Saki, whose boyfriend is one of his friends, and confess knowing he'll get rejected and completely ruin the atmosphere between them and the rest of the group and put a permanently awkward stamp on the little friendship they still have now that they only see each other once in a blue moon?

Sue's solution seemed more viable and less potentially trainwreck-y, but if he's gonna fall for the trap... augh. Well, we'll see. But for now I just feel that, much like with the very series itself, they just went and dug up something that had already been given the perfect closure.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 16:31   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
But for now I just feel that, much like with the very series itself, they just went and dug up something that had already been given the perfect closure.
That's basically what Nidaime is, and i don't think anyone can say otherwise. Though like i've said a number of times, i'm not complaining at all. It's a once and and a life time chance to see more from this story and the cast i love so much, so i'll take it. I'm actually warming upto the new cast (chapter 2 helped that), so i'm open to see what else can happen from here on.
Old 2011-01-09, 23:21   Link #53
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

I'm surprised nobody commented on two things that were revealed with this chapter...

Spoiler:
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 00:52   Link #54
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Gee I wonder. Maybe the fact that Madarame has always obviously been straight and him turning into a homosexual just because he couldn't get it on with Saki would be stupid?
Love conquers all, including gender boundaries

To be fair, it's probably not going to happen in Genshiken.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 02:34   Link #55
typhonsentra

Quote:
Anyways, Madarame's silent unrequited love for Saki was my favorite plot line of the original series, but I felt it had an absolutely perfect and poignant conclusion there, so I've mixed feelings about it being brought up again now. Especially the fact that it is no longer his own personal secret to take to the grave with him.
This a thousand times over this. But to be fair on your point about it being his secret, Ohno did know about it as shown in the hot springs chapter.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 12:06   Link #56
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
I'm surprised nobody commented on two things that were revealed with this chapter...

Spoiler:
Why do you think that they are married or something? I didn't really see anything that would hint that. Please point out what gave you that idea.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 13:07   Link #57
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Why do you think that they are married or something? I didn't really see anything that would hint that. Please point out what gave you that idea.
I suppose it has to do with Keiko referring the President as her sister-in-law. In my opinion there's nothing to read into, and its only a figure of speech.
Old 2011-01-10, 14:38   Link #58
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post

Spoiler:

Uh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for 59:
And I don't care about Sasahara's tramp sister, so I ignored her little development
Old 2011-01-10, 15:21   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I suppose it has to do with Keiko referring the President as her sister-in-law. In my opinion there's nothing to read into, and its only a figure of speech.
Yeah this. I'm not looking that much into the situation until we actually learn something about it.
Old 2011-01-10, 20:59   Link #60
paladinenvec

Quote:
Yeah... i agree with you
I know that love does not know gender , race,etc, however knowing Madarame as he is would be, strange, at least as how the character has developed so far ,it would not make sense if something like that happens.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen