AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-13, 22:57   Link #921
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
To all the bored ones: the original Nanoha didn't turn into befriending mode until ep 6. so we still have time.
More like: Not everyone can like everything, it's only natural.

If you don't like something, move on, instead of pestering about people who do like it in the official thread....
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:00   Link #922
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
More like: Not everyone can like everything, it's only natural.

If you don't like something, move on, instead of pestering about people who do like it in the official thread....
Hahahahaha! That never happens here.

The Faust quote does make me suspect that all is not right with that contract. Giving up your life for one wish is just too much.
Old 2011-01-13, 23:07   Link #923
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

- 2 episodes and madoka still not henshin
- could it be that they planned to use MAGIA as an insert song not ending?
- mami's way to use her flintlocks is just like what i have imagined

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!

Last edited by gecd; 2011-01-14 at 00:16.
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:10   Link #924
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

they're matchlocks. according to an /a/ thread. But can someone post a matchlock and a flintlock irl?
Old 2011-01-13, 23:10   Link #925
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
- 2 episodes and madoka still not henshin
- could it be that they planned to use MAGIA as an insert song not ending?
For the first point, it's clear that being a magical girl in this case requires a little bit more than airing after Kamen Rider. Give it time.

For the second point, it's labeled as an ending, of course it's meant to be an ending. The ED animation just isn't ready yet.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:17   Link #926
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Spoiler for Episode 2 summary:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:22   Link #927
scr
my sides are in orbit

Spoiler for eps 2 again:

Also, i forgot to mention this earlier, but Sayaka whiteknighting Madoka is too cute 8D
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:30   Link #928
mikoo
Banned

Ep 01 & 02 freebies:

mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:32   Link #929
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It would be amusing if it is the latter, and she could hear the telepathic communications the whole time. ;p
I was actually hoping she would speak up during those telepathy moments and say that she could hear everything they were saying.

Quote:
Are witches actual people and you only see some illusion thing like in this episode? Or are they just weird psychedilic creatures? I'm hoping it's the former.
Some folks have theorized that the Soul Gems would turn into Grief Seeds if they went too long without being "cleansed" like Mami's was this time. If so, then that creature we saw was likely an ordinary girl, once.

EDIT:
Quote:
I'd like this one, please.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:54   Link #930
archer8228

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
they're matchlocks. according to an /a/ thread. But can someone post a matchlock and a flintlock irl?
it's not a matchlock. matchlocks have, well, a match.

the "match" is a smoldering piece of rope

its more similar to a flintlock, although really, its a magical anime gun

its not the same, in that the hammer just hits a gem or something instead of igniting gunpowder, but Mami's doesn't use gunpowder I assume.
archer8228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:56   Link #931
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Wasn't a fan of how the "boss" was animated. Particularly, its framerate seemed rather poor, so the interaction looked unnatural. Hopefully they can do somewhat better with that later.
I was digging the papercraft enemies, but after seeing it again this week, I'm not so sure anymore. The atmosphere and music was tight, but boss itself was not. I also, agreed that the papercraft boss's interaction with the characters looked rather awkward and unnatural. It was just hard to take that "witch" seriously when it looks like a poor animated papercraft thing majigy that is only moving at like 3 to 4 FPS.

It could just be SHAFT's attempt at doing something unique or......they could just be lazy and cutting corners.
Old 2011-01-13, 23:58   Link #932
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Ep 01 & 02 freebies:
Spoiler:
Seeing these really reminded me of back in the days when I was still active during Mai Otome's airing. What a glorious subforum that was.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 00:05   Link #933
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well it wouldn't be Shaft it wasn't bizarre. The underlying concept behind the show is still pretty stock as most magical girl shows are, but at the least the show manages to set itself apart with a distinctly unique artistic style, great music and pretty impressive animation. If Shaft was doing some of their usual corner-cutting animation techniques, it isn't as obvious as other works.

Again given the amount of work they're putting into this, I'm guessing they're betting a lot on this show's success. As it is, it looks to be a pretty good hit than a big miss
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 00:18   Link #934
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Some folks have theorized that the Soul Gems would turn into Grief Seeds if they went too long without being "cleansed" like Mami's was this time. If so, then that creature we saw was likely an ordinary girl, once.
I wouldn't be surprised if, along these lines and assuming this was true, it was possible to dump darkness from your Soul Gem into another Soul Gem even if it hasn't become a Grief Seed, basically cannibalizing another magical girl. That could make for some pretty sick developments.

The other possibility I had was that the Grief Seed (described as a "witch egg") actually only becomes able to produce more witches when a magical girl feeds it darkness from her Soul Gem. Like... they fertilize it, kind of. In that case, the magical girls are being used by the witches for their reproductive cycle (the obvious implication being that Kyubey is a witch or on their side).
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 00:21   Link #935
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

This episode was pretty awesome. Mami looked incredibly cool when fighting the witch with her muskets.

I still feel like Kyuubey and Mami are hiding something, and that maybe Homura is a good person who tried to warn Madoka about the truth of being a mahou shoujo.
Old 2011-01-14, 00:23   Link #936
pcj

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
maybe Homura is a good person who tried to warn Madoka about the truth of being a mahou shoujo.
I got every impression this episode that Madoka herself actually thinks this, too.
pcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 01:05   Link #937
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 01:17   Link #938
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well only time will tell if Homura is a Dark Hero
and her goal is to not let any other girls become mahou shoujo because of the theory of equilibrium and the curse

and kyubey is a freaking demon in a cute rabbit costume

and we get to see a GOOD ENDING WITH ALL OF THEM IN A SOMEWHAT SHOUJO-AI relationships
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 01:47   Link #939
bigdeath

Her mother seems like quite the ruthless corporate shark. She even scared poor Madoka. At least that explains why their bathroom is so huge. They must be rich. I wonder if we are going to get a "bathroom scene" every episode.

Even with all the explanation I was still complete absorbed by the show. A first time for a magical girl show to have this effect on me. Maybe its because theres an air of creepiness about the show.

if last episode the blond magic girl use gates of babylon gun version then this episode she just used unlimited gun works. That battle was pretty cool, complete with awesome music.

Last edited by bigdeath; 2011-01-14 at 02:55.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 03:27   Link #940
Horse

Magia cover
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen