AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 12:03   Link #18241
Eratas123

What's weirder than a male IS pilot? A dog piloting the IS?

@ Senpai - If someone has better/improved eyesight, does that mean flashbangs will affect them more?
Old 2012-01-15, 12:06   Link #18242
agetreme
Just another Idiot

What does you mean by better Eyesight? the character can see in the dark? If this is so, then yes, the character is more affected.

Just case you missed the previous edit:
Quote:
I just remember why I stick with Male OC: The position of lead role is cursed, the Lead character will always be the butt monkey and I have my reserve about beating up girl....(I would not hit a girl).....
Old 2012-01-15, 12:10   Link #18243
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Yes they do

@ Age
Female buttmonkey... as long as the jokes are harmless I don't see anything wrong (I see that overtly violent jokes on male are unfair if the females are Houdini).
Old 2012-01-15, 12:11   Link #18244
Eratas123

Butt monkey does not equal getting hit all the time. It could be that they always get the short end of the stick or nothing seems to go their way.

Side note - I meant comparing a person who has good eyesight to someone who needs glasses to see a few feet in front of them. Glow in the dark eyes are a bit unnatural.

@ Senpai - If you practice Judo or other martial arts, how long does it take for the soreness of the muscles to fade? I remember when I was a kid and feeling like my entire body got punched when I woke up a day after lessons.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:14   Link #18245
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Male can get into situation where they get hit more.... by girls easily.

Like walking into the bathroom by accident....
End up in awkward position where the male get nice view.

As the butt monkey and male, the Male lead just need to be next to an accidental pervert to get hit more often.

and the male lead deserved it most of the time anyway (being a troll)

Edit: Just got an idea... but the downside is: It will increase the Mary sue level of the female lead...... Should I go on with the idea?
Old 2012-01-15, 12:17   Link #18246
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras

No difference actually.

Depends on the training, that's why training session has to be regulated by coach (unless the coach is spartan). Usually one night is sufficient, though the soreness usually still stay for next day.

Well trained people can recover faster.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:18   Link #18247
Eratas123

What's the idea?

@ Senpai - Does muscle level factor into this at all?
Old 2012-01-15, 12:24   Link #18248
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, having a big but untrained muscle are bad for your recovery speed (personal experience), since that means the muscle are less efficient at using oxygen, leading to lactate acid piling up within the muscle and thus sore feeling. Small muscle means faster recovery, but untrained small muscle are next to nothing.

It's best if you have mediocre muscle that are solidly trained.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:25   Link #18249
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So worst case scenario is if you have no muscles?

Side note - Is it alright if I have Charles refer to Charlotte as "mommy" or should I switch to mom?
Old 2012-01-15, 12:29   Link #18250
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Yuya carries a amulet (a pet robot) around which protect her from me..... All abuse will be transferred into the pet robot.

The Pet Robot also show her skill as AI programmer is top-notch.

Edit: Mary sue factor goes up due to having unusual pet.
More edit: Intend to balance the factor with dark reason.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:30   Link #18251
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, untrained muscle at least can serve as cushion In case of no muscle, what should be seen is not muscle but joint fatigue (smaller muscle mean smaller tendon and ligaments, which means weaker joints).
Old 2012-01-15, 12:35   Link #18252
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So that means both have their merits? Also, how long does a thin person usually need to train to get decent muscles?

Side note - No comment? Sorry, but I have no idea how to write child dialogue

@ Treme - Slapstick knows no gender. Need proof? Watch Ben-To where all the characters tend to have butt monkey roles.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:44   Link #18253
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Keep just enough diet, don't eat too much at dinner, eat a lot during breakfast. Combined with basic body training everyday except Sunday (used to rest), 1-2 month will result in decently formed muscle no matter the size.

As for child dialogue, I don't know, but female children USUALLY polite (with genki girl or tomboy being exception). For Charles, I think Mother (Okaa-san) will be appropriate considering both of them are soft-spoken.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:45   Link #18254
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Thanks. But doesn't eating too much result in flab? Also, do you need a minimum amount of muscles to perform Judo (This applies to real life as well since we're practicing Judo for P.E).

Side note - Guess I'll stick with the former.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:49   Link #18255
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Nah, this time I will stick with the new idea for a while longer.....

It is better.

Peaceful on the outside and hell on the inside is basically the theme of the story anyway (Plus Yuya won't troll the readers the same way the male lead will).

By the merit of the new idea: by bad things, I actually means Nightmare level.

Edit: Related note: The robot pet is male..... It control the function of Nightfall of Yuya's "IS" and the Queen control the function of Daylight.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:52   Link #18256
Eratas123

@ Treme - You might wanna think on how to get your OC's into the Academy first. This is doubly important for males.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:56   Link #18257
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

When I mean just enough, I mean balanced diet with calculated nutritional value. Most of it was consumed, the rest is either stored as fat or muscles.

A well balanced training will minimize the fat-storing process, and muscles will form naturally, their size and efficiency DEPENDING on what kind of training you do. (such as sprint runner has slender but well-toned legs, boxer and wrestler has well-built body despite limited weight etc).

And yes, Judo need muscles, but doesn't mean you have to be extremely muscular.

Side note - I don't recommend 'unnatural' protein source such as those high-protein milk, the muscle looks... uncanny, and work less efficient than naturally formed muscles form balanced consumption of meat, fish and vegetables.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:58   Link #18258
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Well, the new idea is that the male lead will only appear later so I don't really need to worry about how males will get in...yet

I will just concentrate on getting the Female OC in first.... I think I will go with mysterious transfer student route.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:58   Link #18259
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

lol, eating too much whlie training? That's hard to do. It depends on WHAT you eat moreso than HOW MUCH of it. I eat alot personally, but I also train in kung fun 3 days a week for about 3 hours a day. My metabolisim is ginormous in comparison to other people my size. That and I don't eat a lot of fast food either. Eating fast food with a high metabolisim is shooting yourself in the foot as far as trying to get in shape.

One must increase their protien and carb intake as well - protien for repairing and adding muscle and carbs for the nessecary energy.

I eat foods with a lot of carbs becaue I burn through them like nothing. Think of carbs as holding 3-4 energy slots per unit while Fat can have up to 7 per unit. Fats are fine as long as you use them up...
Old 2012-01-15, 13:00   Link #18260
Eratas123

@ Treme - What class?

@ Tempest - How's that Wincest fic going?

@ Senpai - Is the whole "High metabolism=burns more fat" thing true? I have no idea if it's genuine or BS people say as a reason to why they don't get fat.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest