Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 10:24   Link #31061
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Is anyone getting the RG 1/144 Destiny Gundam Heine Westenfluss Ver?
I will, when I get a good deal (just like the other exclusive items that I bought). As much as I like Heine’s color, it’s not worth the double-price of the normal version. Also, I already have the elegant MG Destiny Heine, so I’m not in a hurry either.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:26   Link #31062
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I was thinking about getting the RG and another set of Wings of Light. =)
Old 2013-10-10, 10:38   Link #31063
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I was thinking about getting the RG and another set of Wings of Light. =)
Have fun spending your money. I’m grateful for royal buyers like you who keep Bandai’s business going so that the company can make more kits that I like. Please, keep buying whatever they throw at you.
Old 2013-10-10, 15:12   Link #31064
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Have fun spending your money. I’m grateful for royal buyers like you who keep Bandai’s business going so that the company can make more kits that I like. Please, keep buying whatever they throw at you.

1. I don't live in Europe.
2. I am not related to any queens or kings from European, Asian, or Arabic heritages.

How am I a royal again?
Old 2013-10-10, 18:00   Link #31065
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

1. I don't live in Europe.
2. I am not related to any queens or kings from European, Asian, or Arabic heritages.

How am I a royal again?
Seriously? You don't get it? Wow.

By "royal buyer" I didn't mean it as "royal" literally, but "someone who spend his/her money royally to buy whatever he wants", just like you .
Old 2013-10-10, 18:10   Link #31066
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
HG DX looking so-so as expected
Old 2013-10-10, 18:49   Link #31067
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
HG DX looking so-so as expected
At the very least though, we now have the 3 main leads in HG so we can now at least have some hopes for MGs later; even though the chances are still a little low.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:04   Link #31068
Aurelis
Daydreamer

While it is great that the HG lines are introducing the lead mechs of other series like Wing, DX, Victory and the upcoming F91, I think this "All Gundam Project" is simplifying the HGUC designs, just so it becomes kitbash friendly. I bet the backpack slot is also done in a way that will allow those silly backpacks to be attached just as how the hands are all similar so that the equipping of weapons is standardized. Imagine a Victory Gundam with hands the same size as DX.

"Why have the Satellite weapon when you can place a BUILD BOOSTER in it?"... Well Bandai, how about, no?

Looking at the hands for example again, they only provide that awkward looking hand set, when kits like HGUC Sinanju gives you open palms, proper closed fists and trigger hands. And the details aren't outstanding in comparison to modern HGUCs like the recently released Unicorn and MSV-series.

The only good thing is the reduced polycaps the new kits have.

Oh well, maybe it's because I'm only into the 1/144 line which is why I'm slightly annoyed that Bandai has decided to take this route with its HG series. They're definitely the master of milking, by releasing highly-desired Gundams, even if the plastic kit itself is subpar if you look carefully.

Spoiler for Recently completed/acquired kits:
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:11   Link #31069
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Take it for you want.
Bandai just doing what is profitable for them. At the very least, be happy that as a HG fan, you're getting kits that has never gotten a proper 1/144 HG.

As a MG and RG fan, I'm hopeful since the 3 main leads in Gundam X now out in HG, the next step we can hope for are the MGs.

What would be interesting is if Bandai did an All Gundam Project for the MG line to release stuff that haven't gotten released like Justice, Savior, and Blast Impulse (as well as the 3 leads in X) as well as Exia R2 and maybe even like an Origins Ver. for the RX-78-2.

I think Bandai is doing the All Gundam Project for HGs this way to pump out the kits quickly as well as making them compatible for kit bashing in honor of Build Fighters.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:25   Link #31070
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Take it for you want.
Bandai just doing what is profitable for them. At the very least, be happy that as a HG fan, you're getting kits that has never gotten a proper 1/144 HG.

As a MG and RG fan, I'm hopeful since the 3 main leads in Gundam X now out in HG, the next step we can hope for are the MGs.

What would be interesting is if Bandai did an All Gundam Project for the MG line to release stuff that haven't gotten released like Justice, Savior, and Blast Impulse (as well as the 3 leads in X) as well as Exia R2 and maybe even like an Origins Ver. for the RX-78-2.

I think Bandai is doing the All Gundam Project for HGs this way to pump out the kits quickly as well as making them compatible for kit bashing in honor of Build Fighters.
Oh please, don't say like Bandai is doing me a favour by making these lead chars. I'm a paying customer who'll even buy their grunt units, which by the way, has better treatment, at least their V-fin gem isn't a sticker. The only way they can truly satisfy me and make me eternally grateful to the plastic gods is Woundwort, Deepstriker, Turn A and Devil Gundam.

Regarding MG All Gundam Project, I'm sure Bandai already have the prototypes for most lead Gundams, or at least ways to reverse engineer their own figure lines. But unlike the HGs, I doubt they'll be pushing for kitbashing concept or kits linearity.

And your last statement is exactly what I fear. These are highly anticipated lead Gundams. Fans would definitely appreciate if more details was placed into it. Go create Gundam Fighter original designs if they wanna make standardized kits.

But in the end, no matter what Bandai produces, chances are, I'm still going to be a sucker and buy them. And keep complaining, and then buy the next release. Case in point, the RG Strike Freedom with its huge ass rifles. Speaking of huge ass, let me digress and say, I'm sad that I missed the pre-order period for Robot Damashii Hi-Nu Gundam (For HLJ/Hobby Search at least, which is the best online retailer for me, so here's hoping for cancelled pre-orders/available stock).

Last edited by Aurelis; 2013-10-10 at 19:36.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:50   Link #31071
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I will, when I get a good deal (just like the other exclusive items that I bought). As much as I like Heine’s color, it’s not worth the double-price of the normal version. Also, I already have the elegant MG Destiny Heine, so I’m not in a hurry either.
Gah where can you even get that MG these days? I really want one at a decent price

Last resort for is getting the RG exclusive

Random Rant/Complaint: Went to my local hobbystore today.....and they had the largest quantity of Gunpla I have ever seen stocked at that store.......

Wanted the MG Freedom, Blitz, HG Wing, Gerbera Tetra, Shin Matsunaga Zaku, RG GP-01 FB.......

They even had a 1/60 oldschool Zeta, which surprised me

They even had Valvrave and Evangelion kits stocked..........

Worst part was I had no money to spend atm......life hurts
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:54   Link #31072
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Take a look at some of the more recent MGs for example.

Wing EW (Series)
- similar frame for Sandrock EW, Heavyarms EW, Deathscythe EW, Deathscythe Hell EW, and Shenlong EW
- bound to get Nataku, Sandrock Custom, Heavyarms Custom, and a new Wing EW and Wing Zero Custom that uses this current frame
- Tallgeese EW comes out and then Tallgeese II is an online exclusive and most of it is the same parts

Gundam Seed (Series)
- MG Aile Strike RM Ver. and then soon MG Strike Rouge Ootori
- Ootori pack was a rushed job (stickers on the pack)

Take a look at the parts tree too (courtesy of Dalong)
Strike Rouge Ootori
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m173/p/m173_r01.jpg
Aile Strike RM Ver.
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m169/p/m169_r01.jpg

Gundam AGE
- same kits, minor changes, color variations

Age-1 Normal --> Age-1 Sparrow --> Age-1 Titus --> Age-1 Normal Unit 2 (color variation online exclusive)
Age-2 Normal --> Age-2 Darkhound --> Age-2 Double Bullet (rushed out for Memory of Eden) --> Age-2 Normal SP Ver. (color variation online exclusive with Memory of Eden slapped on the box)

And now we have the Age-3 line missing, Age-1 Flat missing, Age-1 Full Gransa Missing, Age-1 Swordia missing, Age-FX and FX Burst missing. Where are they? All probably in the planning stages for 2014 to come out month after month or with a month in between.

Bandai's plan these days seems to be maximize profits by planning multiple kits at the same time (i.e. lots of similarities) and throwing the ones they know people would pay whatever as online exclusives.

If we see a Gundam X line of MGs from Bandai, it won't be any different. We're most likely going to get it as the X and the Double X with the G-Falcon and X Divider as online exclusives. Fans of Gundam X will be mad, but they're gonna want those to complete the collection.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:57   Link #31073
Skye629

Quote:
Take a look at some of the more recent MGs for example.

Wing EW (Series)
- similar frame for Sandrock EW, Heavyarms EW, Deathscythe EW, Deathscythe Hell EW, and Shenlong EW
- bound to get Nataku, Sandrock Custom, Heavyarms Custom, and a new Wing EW and Wing Zero Custom that uses this current frame
- Tallgeese EW comes out and then Tallgeese II is an online exclusive and most of it is the same parts

Gundam Seed (Series)
- MG Aile Strike RM Ver. and then soon MG Strike Rouge Ootori
- Ootori pack was a rushed job (stickers on the pack)

Take a look at the parts tree too (courtesy of Dalong)
Strike Rouge Ootori
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m173/p/m173_r01.jpg
Aile Strike RM Ver.
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m169/p/m169_r01.jpg

Gundam AGE
- same kits, minor changes, color variations

Age-1 Normal --> Age-1 Sparrow --> Age-1 Titus --> Age-1 Normal Unit 2 (color variation online exclusive)
Age-2 Normal --> Age-2 Darkhound --> Age-2 Double Bullet (rushed out for Memory of Eden) --> Age-2 Normal SP Ver. (color variation online exclusive with Memory of Eden slapped on the box)

And now we have the Age-3 line missing, Age-1 Flat missing, Age-1 Full Gransa Missing, Age-1 Swordia missing, Age-FX and FX Burst missing. Where are they? All probably in the planning stages for 2014 to come out month after month or with a month in between.

Bandai's plan these days seems to be maximize profits by planning multiple kits at the same time (i.e. lots of similarities) and throwing the ones they know people would pay whatever as online exclusives.

If we see a Gundam X line of MGs from Bandai, it won't be any different. We're most likely going to get it as the X and the Double X with the G-Falcon and X Divider as online exclusives. Fans of Gundam X will be mad, but they're gonna want those to complete the collection.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:58   Link #31074
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Gah where can you even get that MG these days? I really want one at a decent price

Last resort for is getting the RG exclusive

Random Rant/Complaint: Went to my local hobbystore today.....and they had the largest quantity of Gunpla I have ever seen stocked at that store.......

Wanted the MG Freedom, Blitz, HG Wing, Gerbera Tetra, Shin Matsunaga Zaku, RG GP-01 FB.......

I think that's probably one of the most annoying things that all of us pretty much are concerned about; especially if it's a kit that is available in limited quantity.

Like right now, I'm trying to find another set of the Wings of Light RG online exclusive as well as the RG Destiny Heine Westenfluss. I'm hoping that the MG line from Seed and Seed Destiny in the near future yields:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-10, 19:59   Link #31075
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Old 2013-10-10, 20:13   Link #31076
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:

Just curious, you're not from Singapore right? Cause there's a hobby shop that recently stocked the exact same items as you listed.

My own sad Gunpla shopping experience was going to the local hobby shop and got HGUC Gerbera, Doven Wolf, Unicorn FA, Banshee Norn and Wing for 20% discount. Got home feeling happy and I checked their Facebook page and they were going to have 40% discount in commemoration of their 12th Anniversary exactly the next day. FML.
Old 2013-10-10, 20:16   Link #31077
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
Just curious, you're not from Singapore right? Cause there's a hobby shop that recently stocked the exact same items as you listed.

My own sad Gunpla shopping experience was going to the local hobby shop and got HGUC Gerbera, Doven Wolf, Unicorn FA, Banshee Norn and Wing for 20% discount. Got home feeling happy and I checked their Facebook page and they were going to have 40% discount in commemoration of their 12th Anniversary exactly the next day. FML.

If the owners were nice, they would've given you a discount or at least held those stuff for you in the back, and then let you come in the next day at 40% off.

Maybe you could go back to the shop and see if they are willing to at least give you a difference via store credit?
Old 2013-10-10, 20:22   Link #31078
maknaedik

A gift to the MOST appreciated person in the whole gunpla community, suiton...

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 20:25   Link #31079
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
a gift to the most appreciated person in the whole gunpla community, suiton...

O_O no fucking way, speak of the devil

Wow Bandai has done it again, they really do plan on taking all our money
Old 2013-10-10, 20:32   Link #31080
maknaedik

for Jan 2014 release

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy