AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-19, 06:23   Link #121
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Beyond Two Souls. It would have been great if the story is forward, but you branch out of story to another story in Jodies's life and didn't like the gameplay. Heavy Rain is better.

As mentioned FF13 series. I only liked one character there and it's Snow, others are just bland and generic and story is just not my cup of tea.
Old 2014-02-19, 09:17   Link #122
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. It was fun but had a lot of things that bothered. Sora's side was too repetitive and Riku's really forced.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 15:30   Link #123
Wandering Soul

Dishonored. I'm not sure what it was exactly but for some reason I really couldn't get into it. Certain parts just felt tedious and there were times I finally got to a certain part only to find out I couldn't go on because there was some other objective I had to complete that before I could go on. The thing was that the game gave me no indication that I had to do something else first.
Old 2014-02-19, 16:34   Link #124
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Assassin's Creed 3 isn't the worst game I've played, but I had great expectations for it in terms of what it had to offer and what it could possibly have done to make itself stand out in a positive light from its predecessors. Unfortunately, it did the opposite. The game was buggy, unbalanced in many aspects - game play included, and had standard to poor execution in the story. A lot of characters were unlikable, I actually like Connor but somehow his character wasn't done any justice at all. Desmond's story ended in a crappy way. In short is was basically a "test game" and ACIV pretty much avoided a lot of issues ACIII had. If Ubisoft were to improve ACIII's issues, add content and re-release it as a new title, I would be interested in checking it out. Until then, it might be the worst AC I've played next to maybe...Revelations.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 03:17   Link #125
T-6000

I can tell you that my most disappointed game of 2013 was Battlefield 4. I know that the Battlefield franchise is mainly Multiplayer but EA & Dice were going to take the Single layer more seriously this time around. They kept hammering on how they would be giving the Single Player more care this time around compared to Battlefield 3's Single Player. I'm disappointed that EA released Battlefield 4 in a very buggy & unfinished state (Battlefield 4 is the most buggy game my brother has for the consoles. None other console game crashes as much as Battlefield 4), no gamer should spend $60 on such a buggy title. But the biggest disappointment for Battlefield 4 for me was the god awful Single Player. All those times they said that they were treating the Single Player more seriously this time around, it was as if they had their fingers crossed the entire times they made such statements. The SP campaign was short, most of the characters were annoying, the dialogue was so godawful, the story was terrible, the politics of the story was just too right wing for me, and the campaign was just too short. Thankfully I got a chance to try out the Single Player campaign instead of wasting $60, unfortunately not as many were as fortunate.

What disappoints me just as much (if not more) is how EA is (arrogantly) trying to underplay the launch problems of Battlefield 4.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...cusses-future/

As one poster at the Escapist Magazine said with EA's remark, "That's like saying WWII wasn't technically bad because Hitler lost at the end." EA is reverting back to the old EA once again, despite EA claiming that they're trying to change. The treatment of their IPs and their customers is why I haven't bough another EA title (other than the Crysis games) since 2007.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 03:23   Link #126
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Beyond Two Souls. It would have been great if the story is forward, but you branch out of story to another story in Jodies's life and didn't like the gameplay. Heavy Rain is better.
That reminds me! Heavy Rain was a HUGE disappointment! It was the first game I ever pre-ordered and I didn't care for the story at ALL. That's the disadvantage to having a game 99% narrative with no gameplay to fall back on I suppose. Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy was so much better.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 04:59   Link #127
sa547
*Author

In vanilla, unpatched form, Skyrim is still much a half-finished work, like as if all the sudden the men working on the Easter Island heads just stopped , packed up and left; it's only when you actually mod the game that it becomes a breathtaking masterpiece.

This is coming from a player who did 600+ hours of Skyrim and made mods for it.

@T-6000: Except for Valve and Half-Life, I'm not sure which other company does single-player FPS experiences right but yeah, I tried BF4's single-player, finished it, and came out saying, "Not memorable enough."

Last edited by sa547; 2014-02-21 at 08:40.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 16:09   Link #128
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Aliens: Colonial Marines. (No explanation needed)

Mass Effect 3 (Never has a games ending so completely soured a franchise for me).

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 06:59   Link #129
Lyocol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
I know I shouldn't revive this ancient thread but I don't think moderators agree if I made new one either.

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature is one of the best game ever made for PS1(some says the Nintendo 64 version is better than BtN but I never played that version) even in today's standards. It had tons of customizations and upgrades but it sequels on PS2 are nowhere as good as BtN. Save the Homeland have good graphics for its time with good use of cell-shaded but unfortunately it also stripped down what BtN is known for like marriage, home expansions and worst of all you have only a year to do all things rights. In StH you were 'tasked' to find all 9 endings which all of them are character-related. While making friends is fun but I want what HM games are famous for: farming. To sum it all StH was playable but it taken away most aspects what make BtN good.

Even worse than StH is A Wonderful Life. Originally made for Gamecube and it wasn't meant to be played in PS2 but due to popular demands from PS2-owning fans, Natsume decided to port that game to PS2. What happened next is a big pile of mess, literally. Graphics are ugly and there's trouble with framerate as everything else seems to slow. While the town is much smaller than Mineral Town in BtN but my character walk way too slow and I was forced to ride on horse anywhere I want to go and even that was too slow. Why they don't use the same cell-shading technique like they did in StH? While it re-introduced marriage and house expansions but it already too late to heal that damage. While there are some HM sequels and spiritual descendants in GBA and Nintendo DS but HM is already dead to me after AWL.
Pretty much agree with you especially on A Wonderful Life. The PS2 port was a disaster and pretty much killed every planned future HM games for non-Nintendo platforms. I think that was Natsume's dark age if not just for HM alone.

On-topic, I know someone will put my head on a pike if I say this but I had to: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It's not a horrible game but I have bad experience with it. I never play any Elder Scrolls games before and the only reason I got to play it because my real-life friend recommend me and gave me 30 dollars so I can play it for free on Steam. That's the only good part of it. Graphics really ugly, too many grey even though it make sense as ancient Viking buildings aren't colorful either but still ugly in my eyes. Gameplay wise it even worse that I had to let some bandits to injure me in order to raise my armor skills or otherwise my base level won't go up either. WRPG elitists often slammed JRPGs for too may grinding works, etc but this one even worse when it come to that issue. I don't know for how many bandits I killed, how many artifacts I sold and how many dragons I slayed in order to get its bones and scales just to buy a house that worth 25,000 gold(and 39,000 fully-upgraded) but I got that house, it's not worth all the time and money I spent. Not to mention the housecarl of that house is pretty weak too, she died in the first expedition with her(maybe it was me who screwed up but she still pretty weak anyway). I hate to say the same thing but it's not the worst game I played but it definitely one of the most disappointing game I ever played in my life and I want 100+ hours of grinding back, seriously.

This one is just a half-disappointment but Grand Theft Auto V is also need to be mentioned in this thread as well. While it is stellar in gameplay with returning of RPG elements which Rockstar abandoned since San Andreas but it's too short in comparison of previous GTA games such as IV, San Andreas and Liberty City Stories. Plot-wise it got even worse even though it had three different endings and only one of them is worth to see while the other two are forgettable at best. This one just a minor thing but at least this one have a proper female nudity unlike GTA IV which only have full-frontal male nudity.
Lyocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 11:02   Link #130
Kafriel
Senior Guest

On PS3: Bayonetta for me. After a barrage of stylish slashers, this was by far the worst, even though it had been hyped quite a bit.

On PSP: Armored Core - Last Raven. The controls were terrible...and I mean it, the PS3 game was way better and even that could have used a more sophisticated motion/control system.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 21:40   Link #131
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Reviving this thread again!

2014 is the horrible year for Ubisoft. Watch Dogs failed to live its hype. The Crew have disastrous launch with server errors and too few cars to played with. Assassin Creed Unity have 7GB patch to repair the game, which takes days if not weeks to wait. Plus with their sexist remarks "too much work" for lacking playable female characters. Assassin Creed Rouge is mediocre at best, even in comparison to previous AC games. Far Cry 4, while the least disappointing Ubisoft game is just a re-skin of the third game and in fact it uses the exactly the same animal skinning animation from the previous game. What a nice analogy!

While not a disappointment but I just surprised with the good reception of GTA V(PS4/XBOX ONE). While it may have been a good game to begin with but adds nothing new except gimmicky first-person mechanic. It just sickening and annoying to see how many youtube "users" uploading videos of first-person blowjob, sex etc with that "mechanic". No, I have nothing against it but it just unnecessary and nothing revolutionary.
Joyce_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 02:05   Link #132
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^
Hey hey, at least Rockstar actually add something new to the PS4/XB1 version. Games like Tomb Raider and TLoU only has 1080P and nothing else.
Old 2015-01-09, 08:18   Link #133
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
Reviving this thread again!

2014 is the horrible year for Ubisoft. Watch Dogs failed to live its hype. The Crew have disastrous launch with server errors and too few cars to played with. Assassin Creed Unity have 7GB patch to repair the game, which takes days if not weeks to wait. Plus with their sexist remarks "too much work" for lacking playable female characters. Assassin Creed Rouge is mediocre at best, even in comparison to previous AC games. Far Cry 4, while the least disappointing Ubisoft game is just a re-skin of the third game and in fact it uses the exactly the same animal skinning animation from the previous game. What a nice analogy!

While not a disappointment but I just surprised with the good reception of GTA V(PS4/XBOX ONE). While it may have been a good game to begin with but adds nothing new except gimmicky first-person mechanic. It just sickening and annoying to see how many youtube "users" uploading videos of first-person blowjob, sex etc with that "mechanic". No, I have nothing against it but it just unnecessary and nothing revolutionary.
Need to stop calling them sexist for that. Pretty sure they aren't. Game Creators are pretty much stuck in a trap that if they DO make female character's, then people would get pissy about the female character in SOME way. But if they don't, then they are being sexist too.

If people are disappointed in a game because there are no female protags then they need to check their priorities. -coughSyncough-
Old 2015-01-09, 23:25   Link #134
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I think the most disappointing thing about Ubisoft this year is Watch Dog. A game that should have herald the next generation of consoles came out looking nothing as advertised. Also the relative stale game design that all their major titles have, broken ass games and poor PR, Ubisoft easily cement themselves as the EA of 2014.

Let's be honest here, the additional work to incorporate a female character into the game is nothing for a worldwide studio like Ubisoft. It's a PR fucked up through and through, the game is too far along in development cycle when players ask for a female option and Ubisoft tries to be cute with their PR message that is not only easily debunked but made the company looked like sexist assholes.

Ubisoft and Rockstar is pretty bad at giving player customization in their narrative. Instead of bashing on them though, I'm just going to point out how incredible Saint's Row character customization is. Skyrim and Mass Effect pales in comparison to what Saint's Row have offered. You can be a fat dwarf to a skinny supermodel with 7 unique voice in fairly narrative heavy game.

Also, what game have made better sing along than this ?

<3 Laura Bailey as the Boss and Arif S. Kinchen as Pierce
Old 2015-01-11, 01:38   Link #135
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sadly, you're pretty much treated as a dude no matter what. The mission where you fight the previous game protag default characters pretty much says you're just a tranny. lol

also Laura Bailey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jennifer Hale, both #1 protag selection genders shoulda been Shepards. : l
Old 2015-01-11, 09:42   Link #136
Velsy

For me, with the games I "played" this(last?) year (Didnt play Watchdogs but heard its terrible)

I would have to give it to Divinity Original Sin
Having been the first early access game I played. I thought oh nice, this is actually pretty good for a beta and it can only get better right? WRONG! . But when realease came, nothing really changed except the continuation of the story. In fact 2 weeks before release they reverted major changes that ruined the games enjoyment. In my view it made the game worse off then early access. You could smell they weren't ready for release because of that.

All these hardcore D&D people types are praising it like the hail mary's. But it ended up being a disappointing game because it had so much more potential if more time was spent on it.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote