AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-01, 22:06   Link #3201
iskorts

Haruno's comment about Yukino not being chosen could mean something different though.

Aside from that one line from Haruno, everything else kind of fits.

I personally think Haruno and Yukino's strained relationship is something that happened just recently. And that this event is the reason for Yukino living in an apartment by herself. I may be wrong about Haruno sacrificing herself for Yukino, it doesn't have to be that dramatic, but it could be possible that Haruno was given more and more responsibility and she might've felt pressured by it. And that strain caused a change in the sisters relationship. Yukino probably could not help because of her disposition ( ice queen aura - AoE 45 dps)- which was a result of something that happened in elementary, that also most likely had to do with Hayama.

Whatever the case, I'm still somewhat convinced that what Yukino wants to save is her relationship with Haruno. The one they had when they were kids.
iskorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 23:06   Link #3202
csuree
The Most Hated™

What came to my mind is just a theory.
What if Tsurumi Rumi is kinda like all of them, meaning they were in the position Rumi was, but by making their different choices they ended up being theirself.
What I'm trying to say that at this point Rumi can become similar to any of them. If she chooses the I hate the world route, she will end up like Hikki. If she forcefully tries to become part of a group she will be like Yui. You get it, probably what I'm saying.
This might be the reason alll of them can associate to her case. Otherwise I have no explanation to why they all "feel" her situation.

The case with Haruno is a bit more complex in my opinion. I dare not touch on the subject because most likely my theory will be wrong. This will only be solved when the time comes, and in its own way. But to say the least she (Haruno) and Hayama are tho most mysterious characters in the whole series.
Old 2014-06-02, 00:09   Link #3203
Daysun22

any word on when is Spyro gonna finish this? I mean, there are only 2 chapters left
Daysun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 00:27   Link #3204
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daysun22 View Post
any word on when is Spyro gonna finish this? I mean, there are only 2 chapters left
I remember reading somewhere that the man must be busy with a new job(real life), so nothing we can do about it, actually look at it this way, at least we have something to look forward to, since when this 2 chapters are done, the wait for the new volume...oh the pain
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 00:31   Link #3205
Daysun22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the man must be busy with a new job(real life), so nothing we can do about it, actually look at it this way, at least we have something to look forward to, since when this 2 chapters are done, the wait for the new volume...oh the pain
I don't mind waiting for the next volume, because it's most likely gonna either come with an announcement of the second season, or gonna be released with the second season. I also believe Oregairu is heading to its conclusion. It's the wait for translations that kills me
Old 2014-06-02, 00:45   Link #3206
TheAlucid

Quote:
My impression is that the days of translated chapters are over for awhile to come as Spyro is busy with his new job. I think we'll be lucky if we get the next chapter translated in a couple of weeks.

Best and hunker down for the long wait, unless someone with more time picks this series up. I'll be seriously sad in that case since Spyro's translations were not only fast but they were also incredibly good.

He definitely revived interest in the Yahari series, though I suspect that over the coming weeks the interest will slowly wane again.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 00:47   Link #3207
Daysun22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
He definitely revived interest in the Yahari series, though I suspect that over the coming weeks the interest will slowly wane again.
that only applies to the translation of the LNs because from what I can see/hear, it's selling like hot pancakes in Japan. I mean, Brain's Base broke their rule and are working on a S2. The interest is definitely gonna stay there, when the ads for S2 begin airing, the HYPE will multiply
Old 2014-06-02, 00:48   Link #3208
Heat066

Quote:
I don't mind waiting for the next volume, because it's most likely gonna either come with an announcement of the second season, or gonna be released with the second season. I also believe Oregairu is heading to its conclusion. It's the wait for translations that kills me
Vol. 10 might not come(as of now) 'til 3-4 months later, so I wouldn't mind if Spyro takes his time

Quote:
that only applies to the translation of the LNs because from what I can see/hear, it's selling like hot pancakes in Japan. I mean, Brain's Base broke their rule and are working on a S2. The interest is definitely gonna stay there, when the ads for S2 begin airing, the HYPE will multiply
Vol. 9 sold 125 k copies if I remember well, I don't know if it sold more since it doesn't appear anymore in LN rankings, but that's the best this series has sold in a single volume.
Old 2014-06-02, 00:57   Link #3209
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Vol. 10 might not come(as of now) 'til 3-4 months later, so I wouldn't mind if Spyro takes his time

Vol. 9 sold 125 k copies if I remember well, I don't know if it sold more since it doesn't appear anymore in LN rankings, but that's the best this series has sold in a single volume.
My biggest problem is that context is lost the longer it takes, a lot of the discussions I've had regarding the chapters are very good, and some of the interpretations I've gotten regarding Hayama's, Orimoto's, Yukino's, or any other character's actions have been incredibly interesting.

I'm not sure I'll be able to remember and appreciate those nuances or look for additional clues in the months to come as the latest chapters are translated. My appreciation of the story as a result will diminish as well.

I'd rather be spoiled about the highlights of what happens in the rest of the story then wait for volume 10 to be released before getting the complete picture regarding volume 9.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 01:27   Link #3210
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
My biggest problem is that context is lost the longer it takes, a lot of the discussions I've had regarding the chapters are very good, and some of the interpretations I've gotten regarding Hayama's, Orimoto's, Yukino's, or any other character's actions have been incredibly interesting.

I'm not sure I'll be able to remember and appreciate those nuances or look for additional clues in the months to come as the latest chapters are translated. My appreciation of the story as a result will diminish as well.

I'd rather be spoiled about the highlights of what happens in the rest of the story then wait for volume 10 to be released before getting the complete picture regarding volume 9.
If you think about it, then the Japanese have it worse, since we gradually have the volume over time, while they have a straight read, the good thing is, this volume ended in a satisfying note, but still, they must wait longer.
Old 2014-06-02, 01:47   Link #3211
iskorts

Quote:
I feel the same way. I want to read the remaining chapters while I'm still hyped up. I hope someone could just do a rough translation of the remaining chaps if Spyro is too busy..
iskorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 03:27   Link #3212
Distoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskorts View Post
Haruno's comment about Yukino not being chosen could mean something different though.

Aside from that one line from Haruno, everything else kind of fits.

I personally think Haruno and Yukino's strained relationship is something that happened just recently. And that this event is the reason for Yukino living in an apartment by herself. I may be wrong about Haruno sacrificing herself for Yukino, it doesn't have to be that dramatic, but it could be possible that Haruno was given more and more responsibility and she might've felt pressured by it. And that strain caused a change in the sisters relationship. Yukino probably could not help because of her disposition ( ice queen aura - AoE 45 dps)- which was a result of something that happened in elementary, that also most likely had to do with Hayama.

Whatever the case, I'm still somewhat convinced that what Yukino wants to save is her relationship with Haruno. The one they had when they were kids.
The way I see it , Yukino developped this cold personality very early and most likely because of her overachieving sister , she had no choice but to step aside and fade in the background.

And that's because of this personality that kids in her school came to hate her , not only because she was "perfect" but also because she was hard to deal with for normal people.
And I honestly feel that Hayama's only fault here was to be a bystander (If we are just talking about the elem school incident).

But as I said earlier , I agree that the thing Yukino wants to save has something to do with her sister
Distoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 08:58   Link #3213
hti2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
What came to my mind is just a theory.
What if Tsurumi Rumi is kinda like all of them, meaning they were in the position Rumi was, but by making their different choices they ended up being theirself.
What I'm trying to say that at this point Rumi can become similar to any of them. If she chooses the I hate the world route, she will end up like Hikki. If she forcefully tries to become part of a group she will be like Yui. You get it, probably what I'm saying.
This might be the reason alll of them can associate to her case. Otherwise I have no explanation to why they all "feel" her situation.

The case with Haruno is a bit more complex in my opinion. I dare not touch on the subject because most likely my theory will be wrong. This will only be solved when the time comes, and in its own way. But to say the least she (Haruno) and Hayama are tho most mysterious characters in the whole series.
About the rumi situation i have a theory .
First about yui prespective there is a hint about that like when she said "sometimes u want to talk to them sometimes u want to get along with them but there are times u can't do that" Source ep7 from the anime. From that i think that yui was part of a groupe of friends then one of them get isolated and been casted off the groupe u know that happens alot between kids and since yui is sensitive to the atmosphere she didn't do anything to help even though she may wanted to talk to that friend again and i'm not saying she bullied that friend or anything. About hayama i think it's along the lines of feeling guilty he told hachiman that rumi's situation made him remember that such a display happened before without him being able to do anything thats why he was thinking about that a lot and he wanted to do something no matter what. So in the end i think rumi's situation mirrored their situations but from different point of views
hti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 11:55   Link #3214
Distoch

Some news from Spyro here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro
Just don't expect them to be out anytime soon and you'll feel better when it does get released.

Eventually.
Maybe a full release this time so we will have to be patient.
Distoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 16:55   Link #3215
Daysun22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distoch View Post
Some news from Spyro here

Maybe a full release this time so we will have to be patient.

oooh, where did he post that? just so I can know whenever he posts them
Old 2014-06-02, 17:00   Link #3216
cyberbeing

Quote:
oooh, where did he post that? just so I can know whenever he posts them
4chan. You can search for his posts on the archive.
Old 2014-06-02, 18:12   Link #3217
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
4chan. You can search for his posts on the archive.
From the looks of it, Spyro's new job is giving him the good life
Old 2014-06-02, 22:28   Link #3218
Frozt

Spyro ships Yukino, lol its pretty obvious I think.
Frozt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 22:37   Link #3219
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I think most of the readers ship Yukinon (Me on the other hand, I'm changing ship to Iroha)
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 06:12   Link #3220
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well then I am proud to announce that I am the Yui and Kawasaki and Shizuka shipper. Yukinon to me seems kind of distant. But this is my personal opinion.

I dare say that I'm 70% sure that Hikki will end up with Yui or Kawasaki. At the moment Yukinon has like 15% chance at my shipping chart.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck