AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2007-11-03, 07:15   Link #21
madeintaiwan

when's this show going to air? I've just started reading the light novels, and am really enjoying them, so i'll be looking forward to the anime.
madeintaiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 07:43   Link #22
NeoSam

January 2008 according to MoonPhase. it will also be consisted of 12 episodes.
Old 2007-11-04, 19:50   Link #23
Tangowr

Wonder if the anime Horo will be like the Manga Horo
Old 2007-11-06, 12:21   Link #24
theused69
Viral marketing!!!!

OMG I'm having a hard time finding the raw manga! Apparently, someone posted some pages in 4chan, I was wondering if you guys can give any source of chapter 1 and 2...

EDIT: someone delivered on 4chan today... Newtype mag scan

Last edited by theused69; 2007-11-07 at 07:15.
theused69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 08:10   Link #25
madeintaiwan

Is manga better than light novel? I read the first volume light novel and really liked it, and wouldn't mind seeing the manga if there was taiwanese version of it.
madeintaiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 12:17   Link #26
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeintaiwan View Post
Is manga better than light novel? I read the first volume light novel and really liked it, and wouldn't mind seeing the manga if there was taiwanese version of it.
Two chapter isn't really enough to tell, and at the end of ch.2 of the manga. Horo finally got her outfit.
Both chapter are scanlated into chinese, and isn't hard to find.

Colored Character concept out~~

Horo

Other
Old 2007-11-12, 11:11   Link #27
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Which ones?
Koshimizu Ami (Kallen) as Horo, and Hukuyama Jun (Lelouch) as Lawrence.

Horo's manner of speech is what mostly interests me at the moment. Let's see how this goes.

Edit:
Never mind, Andrew Cunningham's review managed to pull me in. NOW we're talking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Cunningham
An economics thriller starring a 25-year-old trader and a 600-year-old pagan wolf deity, engaged in a high risk game of Renaissance merchant lore, under constant threat of being captured and burned at the stake by the church...
Horo's a cutie~ Larger image appreciated.

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-11-12 at 11:22.
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 21:45   Link #28
Tangowr

Chapter 3 of the manga is out

The CM for the anime is out too
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1611376
Old 2007-11-28, 22:12   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowr View Post
Chapter 3 of the manga is out

The CM for the anime is out too
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1611376
Umm... I think you have the wrong thread. You're looking for Ookami to Koushinryou.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 18:53   Link #30
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The story has lots of possibility. The fact that it's from a prizewinning novel is highly promising, and Fukuyama Jun, Nazuka Kaori, and Nakahara Mai are a good start for the cast. But what makes this a must-see for me is Koshimizu Ami in the lead role. Looking at the manga, I think this could be a special role for her. She has even given Myself;Yourself a bit of strength, and I think this role could suit her down to the ground.

If you haven't read it, check out Andrew Cunningham's novel review, linked to in NeoSam's post #1. "It's a hell of a book." "...Horo makes virtually every other character in the novels I've read this year seem one-dimensional." And not only was the novel chosen by readers as their favorite, Horo was their favorite character. Like dahl_moon, I have to say that review hooked me for sure.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-03 at 21:22.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 07:43   Link #31
Westlo
Lets be reality

I was going to check this out anyway after seeing the wrap Andrew C gave it (he was worried about the staff/studio when he posted on AOD) but I'm really looking forward to it after reading the first two manga chapters, nice to see Koshimizu and JunJun as the two leads as well.

Edit

Two other cast members listed on ANN

Kaori Nazuka as Chloe. Nunnally from Code Geass (Fukuyama Jun plays her brother Lelouch) and Eureka from Eureka Seven (Koshimizu Ami is Anemone from Eureka Seven)
Mai Nakahara as Nora (yay)

Edit 2

lol I put "I'm not really looking froward to it", the not is an obvious mistake.

Last edited by Westlo; 2007-12-04 at 21:58.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 12:29   Link #32
NeoSam

I'm a long time Dengeki Bunko fan, a great light novel label for boys so I was pretty much looking forward to this even before reading that review, but after reading that review I got even more excited

I would also recommend you to check out Wagaya no Oinari-sama.

Volume 6 of the boy's light novel series Ookami to Koushinryou will be released on December 10, 2007. I'll add its cover to the first post soon.
Old 2007-12-04, 12:41   Link #33
martino
makes no files now

I was wondering as to whether there is any relation between those two... I mean, both appear to have a "fox-girl" as the protagonist and it just makes me wonder as to why or how did that happen. :/
Old 2007-12-04, 12:50   Link #34
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I was wondering as to whether there is any relation between those two... I mean, both appear to have a "fox-girl" as the protagonist and it just makes me wonder as to why or how did that happen. :/
There's uterly no relation between these two light novels. well, other than both being published under the boy's light novel label Dengeki Bunko. A label that's aimed at teenage boys/young adult men, with the light novels having some moe~ness to them to attract the male otaku.
Old 2007-12-08, 13:11   Link #35
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Web-radio "Ookamic Radio" (Wolfish Radio?) has broadcast its first episode at animatetv. Koshimizu Ami and Hukuyama Jun make a great radio personality pair. The entire episode/session is quite lively At the moment the session cuts off at around 6:14 out of 36 minutes, though
Old 2007-12-11, 18:56   Link #36
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-12-11, 22:53   Link #37
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The story has lots of possibility. The fact that it's from a prizewinning novel is highly promising, and Fukuyama Jun, Nazuka Kaori, and Nakahara Mai are a good start for the cast. But what makes this a must-see for me is Koshimizu Ami in the lead role. Looking at the manga, I think this could be a special role for her. She has even given Myself;Yourself a bit of strength, and I think this role could suit her down to the ground.

If you haven't read it, check out Andrew Cunningham's novel review, linked to in NeoSam's post #1. "It's a hell of a book." "...Horo makes virtually every other character in the novels I've read this year seem one-dimensional." And not only was the novel chosen by readers as their favorite, Horo was their favorite character. Like dahl_moon, I have to say that review hooked me for sure.
That review makes me wish I could read the novel (ie. It's also hooked me).

Koshimizu Ami definitely seems like ground role for Horo (it's strong). Fukuyama Jun as Laurence surprised me (don't get me wrong he's been in some awesome roles) but I later released I hadn't considered Laurence as a young character (there was a particular seiyu with a older sounding voice I imagined

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 00:00   Link #38
Westlo
Lets be reality

I love Koshimizu Ami and I feel she will excel in this role which is a great one for her since Horo is an awesome character.
Old 2007-12-12, 18:46   Link #39
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Musashi and Moob are scanalating the manga (both are up to chapter 3).

Just from what I've read of the manga alone, I'm hooked and can't wait for the anime!

I hope that some group will pick it up...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 00:14   Link #40
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looking at the lackluster season coming up I'm pretty sure it will get picked up. Looking at the pics of the anime that came with chapter 3 it certainly can't match the beauty of the manga but I hope they have a decent budget for the series.

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen